shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for where to get a custom ring made

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I recently purchased a pear shaped diamond from James Allen. I was looking into having one of their existing settings modified to fit the pear shape (which would then be considered custom by their languate) or purchasing an already made setting.

The setting I am interested in is a Halo Pave 3-4 loop setting in rose gold. If anyone has any opinions about where I could go to get a good price on a custom/ modified setting that fits this description you will have my many thanks.

I have sent a quote request to whiteflash as well and I am still waiting on the quote from jamesallen.

Thank you

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you the wearer? And if not, did you decide on this design yourself?

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
No I am not. I am the future proposer to be. We went to a brick and mortar establishment and she liked a ring that was there that was a halo setting with the rows I tried to explain but failed. It was 4 rows however. Rose gold is a must and she loves the pear shape.

Here was the exact ring that she loved:
img_78581.jpg

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. What's your budget for the setting. And what are doing for a center stone.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Budget is $2500 and the center is a pear shape. Its a 1.07 if that makes a difference

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
David Klass is your best bet.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
How do I go about reaching out to him?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you see, there's this thing called Google. If you type in David Klass jewelry he's the first thing that pops up. He's located in LA. Then
you go and click on the links provided, decide on a method of contact, email is good cause you can attach pics. Explain what you want which is that setting custom made for a pear center. You send him a photo of the pear center stone's lab report so he know the approximate size of it.

Then he gives you a qoute. If you are happy with it you give him a deposit and send him the pear. Then he sends you CADs which you post here and we'll help you with and then when the design is finalized, in a few weeks and after you pay him the remaining balance he sends you the completed ring. If at any time it becomes necessary or desired you can also call him. Again, Google is useful for information of that nature.

:wavey:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
David Klass has made some gorgeous rings for people for years. Pricescope members have only started using him recently. I've heard lots of positive things about he's great to work with. He has a Facebook page that gives his contact info. I have read advice that he may be a bit slow answering emails if he's busy, so you might phone him if you feel you're running up against your deadline soon.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
I am currently waiting to get I think CADs from David Klass. I was wondering what other settings would people recommend to go with a pear shaped stone on a size 9 finger besides halo? I was talking to my SO and she mentioned that she for sure would like rose gold and a pear shaped stone but besides that she is open to anything. She does not like the basic solitaire setting and said before she likes "bling".

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Here is the CAD that David Klass sent me. I am really clueless on the details of what I am looking at.

31239.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like an octopus.

Switch the design to the halo split shank I posted for you.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
E B|1455068687|3989170 said:
I think it would look a lot better to have the bands flared out at the diamond, tapering in toward the back, like this:

https://www.freedmandiamonds.com/diamonds/coast-lc5312/

I really like that design, I am sending him the information about the updated design. I went with the more curved look because that is what her mom (who is keeping it a secret from everyone) thought she would like.

What if I went with a split shank look but did 2 rows on each side to make it a "thicker" shank?

E B

Ideal_Rock
cnelson2|1455070857|3989183 said:
I think it would look a lot better to have the bands flared out at the diamond, tapering in toward the back, like this:

I really like that design, I am sending him the information about the updated design. I went with the more curved look because that is what her mom (who is keeping it a secret from everyone) thought she would like.

What if I went with a split shank look but did 2 rows on each side to make it a "thicker" shank?

Two thin rows on each side may work, but it would depend on the size of the halo. I think it's worth a CAD if you think she'd like it. Either way I would stick with the reverse taper since I think it looks more modern and you know she likes it (from the ring at the B&M store), and keep the three bands as an option too (unless she had a reason for wanting an even number).

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
E B|1455071482|3989186 said:
cnelson2|1455070857|3989183 said:

Two thin rows on each side may work, but it would depend on the size of the halo. I think it's worth a CAD if you think she'd like it. Either way I would stick with the reverse taper since I think it looks more modern and you know she likes it (from the ring at the B&M store), and keep the three bands as an option too (unless she had a reason for wanting an even number).

Definitely the reverse taper look, it looks really good and I think she would like it. Honestly I am trying to not ask her anything else about the ring so it can be a complete surprise when I pop the question so hopefully I am on the right track.

E B

Ideal_Rock
cnelson2|1455072174|3989191 said:
Definitely the reverse taper look, it looks really good and I think she would like it. Honestly I am trying to not ask her anything else about the ring so it can be a complete surprise when I pop the question so hopefully I am on the right track.

It sounds like you are! Excited to see what you and David come up with.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have him do this design instead,

First picture below: split shank double halo.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/9c/1e/f29c1ec853be3dae1202b4cdad9775c1.jpg
Basically, the pear version of the ring seen here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/having-buyers-remorse-after-shane-co-purchase.218378/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/having-buyers-remorse-after-shane-co-purchase.218378/page-3[/URL]

Or you can do a single shalo with a split shank, which is what the second picture shows.

Or alternately the third picture below which shows a single halo of bright cut pave with a twisted shank. Which will be unique and very blingy as well.

Any of these would be a better design than the three or four shank rings you have been considering.

f29c1ec853be3dae1202b4cdad9775c1.jpg

pear-shape-diamond-cut-down-micro-pave-platinum-engagement-ring-mounting-r1063ven-3.jpg

pear_twiste.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I asked him to show me the ring in a split shank configuration and I will post for feedback when he sends it to me.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
This is the updated look. He told me he may go with a U setting and get rid of the metal outline on the rows. It is really starting to look more like the picture I saw that I posted early in this discussion. What type of designs could I get on the side of the ring to break up the rose gold? Anyway all feedback is greatly appreciated

31239_2_.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's not going to be dainty, that's for sure. Half an ounce of gold. Thick band - 5.36 mm at the palm side, 13.89 mm from knuckle to knuckle.

It's hard for me to visualize from a CAD, not an expert... But I can tell that it won't look like the ones gypsy suggested as inspiration pieces. It might, however, look more like the one that was not inspirational. :(

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
ringo865|1455587227|3991441 said:
Well, it's not going to be dainty, that's for sure. Half an ounce of gold. Thick band - 5.36 mm at the palm side, 13.89 mm from knuckle to knuckle.

It's hard for me to visualize from a CAD, not an expert... But I can tell that it won't look like the ones gypsy suggested as inspiration pieces. It might, however, look more like the one that was not inspirational. :(

I do not know what you mean by not inspirational. I'm not going by what others suggested, I posted my inspiration earlier in the post and that is what I am after. I appreciate Gypsy's and others opinions of what is "best" but I believe I know my significant others tastes and that is what I am after. I am here for details that I would not know by myself.

I do appreciate Gypsys pictures and I like the sleeker look his pictures have, I am going to see how he can work that in the design but the main idea is the 4 row halo.

E B

Ideal_Rock
cnelson2|1455589568|3991458 said:
[
I do not know what you mean by not inspirational. I'm not going by what others suggested, I posted my inspiration earlier in the post and that is what I am after. I appreciate Gypsy's and others opinions of what is "best" but I believe I know my significant others tastes and that is what I am after. I am here for details that I would not know by myself.

Bingo. You'll get plenty of different opinions here, but hers matters most. It's great that she showed you just what she wanted.

Without the metal outlines on the rows, I think you're getting pretty close to the setting she loved. I'd just double check with him that the rows aren't so thin that there could be possible structural issues.

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Thanks EB. Do you by chance know what the designs are called that you can get on the side of the ring? They're like patterns. I hope I am describing this well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results