shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on OMC GIA Report

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Very long post! Mainly this is going to be a mini review of the vendors I visited in the event that helps future PS-ers. I know I’m always using the search tool to find information. I wish I could have squeezed in one trip to JacobK but I had traffic issues as well as spent much longer at one place than I thought I would and ran out of time.

Semi-cliffnotes/TL;DR version: I am still super confused about color! I do know now that I am 100% okay with fluorescence and probably prefer it in antique cuts. I AM “color-sensitive” even though I am trying so hard not to be and I really thought I wasn’t since I never had an urge to get a D-E-F diamond. I saw a ton of Ks with and without flour at one vendor and my eyes still loved the H’s (with and without floor). I also realized that I am more sensitive to tint and faceting versus an inclusion. I saw an H with two visible inclusions that didn’t bother me much all and I would have absolutely considered if it was in budget :D. I’m obviously not concerned about re-sale value here. I left feeling confident that I wanted a J/K probably with strong flour since an H/I would probably decrease the diamond size way more than I wanted. Then I saw a J at another vendor and could not find any tint —but doubtful that I saw it in all the necessary lighting so still feeling unsure. Main conclusion—I am going to put this project on hold for various reasons(I think??) and I know for sure that I must see the center stone in person before I ever commit to it since I am so picky and each seems to perform so differently in real life.

Jewels By Whitney: I went to look at her K OMC. Very approachable, extremely sweet and patient…I spent much longer there than I anticipated because she never rushed me and insisted I look at more/take my time to think things over. She is very “un-snobby”, eager to make sure YOU are confident in your purchase and genuine about wanting to help you make the decision that is right for you. Her attitude is “there are enough diamonds to go around for everyone, there’s no need to rush” and my guess is that for her personally she has less fixation on the specs versus how pleasing the diamond is to each consumer’s eye. I think her approach is likely due to how much passes through her hands? I was so obsessively fixated on comparing tints and trying to look at the color of each diamond that I blocked everything else out and she was the one who mentioned that I probably didn’t like the K because the faceting was more splintery and I seemed to like more chunky facets in the OMCs. So the K is out, but I learned a lot from my time there. As an aside, she has been in the business for 20+ years but only started selling private recently. She has a lot more inventory, her IG seems to just be a fraction and it's what she has been able to sift through and organize….she stated she doesn’t time to organize all that they have. I saw tint in ALL the K’s she had even with mild or faint flour (OMCs and OECs for comparison purposes), I even saw tint in a J with faint flour. I saw an H with medium flour and I had no issues with the flour (it also seemed to have two visible inclusions). I left here thinking, I wanted at minimum J/K with medium possible strong fluorescence? Note: her office has a huge windows with lots of sunlight streaming in. Also she does not source at this time, she said she just doesn't have the manpower with all the inventory she has to sift through.

David Klass: I went to drop off an inherited MRB for GIA grading and to potentially start a project to make a pendant and a 5 stone. I met both DK and Amy and honestly I felt a little bit star struck after reading about them so much on PS. Not too relevant in regards to this thread here but initial thoughts were that both were very professional with good customer service and extremely knowledgeable. He did inspect both my MRBs and provide some initial feedback based on his expertise. I am looking forward to working with them.

Sako: He doesn’t necessarily have a storefront but he was kind enough to let me come to the workshop to see a J in person. Now THIS really confused me. I took that J and I held it high, I held it low….under table and into a corner. We turned off the lights and lit a match next to it even. We went to different lamps and I just could not find a tint in this J with zero flour. Maybe those with Js can tell me if it’s possible for a J to not have tint? Note, it was a workshop without windows I believe (?). My time there was extremely short since he couldn’t meet me until later in the afternoon and I had to be at another appointment but I really took it to every available lighting accessible to me. His attitude was more like “you don’t like it? But why?” “You don’t see tint? That’s great right?? Why are you trying to find it?” I thought it was quite funny…definitely a more family feel type interaction. He was more than willing to take photos of it on my hand in a holder and under magnification. He also brought an I for comparison and both looked white in the available lighting. I still feel a bit confused about the J as I type this... it was priced extremely well and would have put me well within budget....

But, due to my easy interaction with DK and since both projects are on the simple side (as MRBs tend to be), with simple bezeled pendant and a simple five stone setting in mind, I do feel like I will pursue this project for now (+sentimental value mixed in) and give this OMC hunt a break. Another new hesitation on budget is wanting to save for a larger purchase which seemed further off but now we hope within the next 1-1.5 years? So there is some guilt to put $8-10K away for a ring at this time. BUT, I really am getting closer to knowing what I like and would like to know what the true top of my budget is without feeling hampered by other life financial goals. This was supposed to be my early 10 year upgrade but maybe it’s really meant to be that it will happen at the 10 year mark although I tried to rush it :D but I will always waver... like when I saw that J @Agnasia posted from Rita :D

Congrats if you read all this and if you didn’t, that’s okay because I don’t know if I would have either! Sorry no eye candy, I did not take great pictures and videos but I can oblige if anyone REALLY wants to see.

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
That will be telling. The cut off for me was I/J. I found tint bothered me at K

And then I liked the tint below M lol

Your eyes will tell you right away, I think. I’m guessing a part of you knew the tint with the M right away was a too much but it was such a pretty cut, it was hard to say no!

In retrospect I think this is so true! I was also just so enamored with having an OMC in my house too hahah! Does that mean I also like tint below M :D? I really don't think so, but I'll have to see one in person one day!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Very long post! Mainly this is going to be a mini review of the vendors I visited in the event that helps future PS-ers. I know I’m always using the search tool to find information. I wish I could have squeezed in one trip to JacobK but I had traffic issues as well as spent much longer at one place than I thought I would and ran out of time.

Semi-cliffnotes/TL;DR version: I am still super confused about color! I do know now that I am 100% okay with fluorescence and probably prefer it in antique cuts. I AM “color-sensitive” even though I am trying so hard not to be and I really thought I wasn’t since I never had an urge to get a D-E-F diamond. I saw a ton of Ks with and without flour at one vendor and my eyes still loved the H’s (with and without floor). I also realized that I am more sensitive to tint and faceting versus an inclusion. I saw an H with two visible inclusions that didn’t bother me much all and I would have absolutely considered if it was in budget :D. I’m obviously not concerned about re-sale value here. I left feeling confident that I wanted a J/K probably with strong flour since an H/I would probably decrease the diamond size way more than I wanted. Then I saw a J at another vendor and could not find any tint —but doubtful that I saw it in all the necessary lighting so still feeling unsure. Main conclusion—I am going to put this project on hold for various reasons(I think??) and I know for sure that I must see the center stone in person before I ever commit to it since I am so picky and each seems to perform so differently in real life.

Jewels By Whitney: I went to look at her K OMC. Very approachable, extremely sweet and patient…I spent much longer there than I anticipated because she never rushed me and insisted I look at more/take my time to think things over. She is very “un-snobby”, eager to make sure YOU are confident in your purchase and genuine about wanting to help you make the decision that is right for you. Her attitude is “there are enough diamonds to go around for everyone, there’s no need to rush” and my guess is that for her personally she has less fixation on the specs versus how pleasing the diamond is to each consumer’s eye. I think her approach is likely due to how much passes through her hands? I was so obsessively fixated on comparing tints and trying to look at the color of each diamond that I blocked everything else out and she was the one who mentioned that I probably didn’t like the K because the faceting was more splintery and I seemed to like more chunky facets in the OMCs. So the K is out, but I learned a lot from my time there. As an aside, she has been in the business for 20+ years but only started selling private recently. She has a lot more inventory, her IG seems to just be a fraction and it's what she has been able to sift through and organize….she stated she doesn’t time to organize all that they have. I saw tint in ALL the K’s she had even with mild or faint flour (OMCs and OECs for comparison purposes), I even saw tint in a J with faint flour. I saw an H with medium flour and I had no issues with the flour (it also seemed to have two visible inclusions). I left here thinking, I wanted at minimum J/K with medium possible strong fluorescence? Note: her office has a huge windows with lots of sunlight streaming in. Also she does not source at this time, she said she just doesn't have the manpower with all the inventory she has to sift through.

David Klass: I went to drop off an inherited MRB for GIA grading and to potentially start a project to make a pendant and a 5 stone. I met both DK and Amy and honestly I felt a little bit star struck after reading about them so much on PS. Not too relevant in regards to this thread here but initial thoughts were that both were very professional with good customer service and extremely knowledgeable. He did inspect both my MRBs and provide some initial feedback based on his expertise. I am looking forward to working with them.

Sako: He doesn’t necessarily have a storefront but he was kind enough to let me come to the workshop to see a J in person. Now THIS really confused me. I took that J and I held it high, I held it low….under table and into a corner. We turned off the lights and lit a match next to it even. We went to different lamps and I just could not find a tint in this J with zero flour. Maybe those with Js can tell me if it’s possible for a J to not have tint? Note, it was a workshop without windows I believe (?). My time there was extremely short since he couldn’t meet me until later in the afternoon and I had to be at another appointment but I really took it to every available lighting accessible to me. His attitude was more like “you don’t like it? But why?” “You don’t see tint? That’s great right?? Why are you trying to find it?” I thought it was quite funny…definitely a more family feel type interaction. He was more than willing to take photos of it on my hand in a holder and under magnification. He also brought an I for comparison and both looked white in the available lighting. I still feel a bit confused about the J as I type this... it was priced extremely well and would have put me well within budget....

But, due to my easy interaction with DK and since both projects are on the simple side (as MRBs tend to be), with simple bezeled pendant and a simple five stone setting in mind, I do feel like I will pursue this project for now (+sentimental value mixed in) and give this OMC hunt a break. Another new hesitation on budget is wanting to save for a larger purchase which seemed further off but now we hope within the next 1-1.5 years? So there is some guilt to put $8-10K away for a ring at this time. BUT, I really am getting closer to knowing what I like and would like to know what the true top of my budget is without feeling hampered by other life financial goals. This was supposed to be my early 10 year upgrade but maybe it’s really meant to be that it will happen at the 10 year mark although I tried to rush it :D but I will always waver... like when I saw that J @Agnasia posted from Rita :D

Congrats if you read all this and if you didn’t, that’s okay because I don’t know if I would have either! Sorry no eye candy, I did not take great pictures and videos but I can oblige if anyone REALLY wants to see.

I personally would love to see pics and videos lol

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I personally would love to see pics and videos lol

I don’t think it will be very informative! I didn’t capture tint but it was more to try and remember what I saw in person. I’ll try to post something tomorrow :)

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock

This is all so fascinating to read, thank you for all of the detail.

I’m interested when you said that you could see tint in all of the K’s - but did that bother you? Or did you like it? I suspect not and you would be happier at a H/I but that would compromise size too much? Perhaps a J may be the best compromise between both colour and size?

I actually find the comment Sako made really shrewd - why didn’t you like the stone and are you getting too fixated on colour to actually see the diamond itself (if that makes sense?) I would love for you to see a row of old mines in a variety of colours and picking your fave without knowing the specs!!

I’m just wondering from a personal point of view now if I should have pushed more with jewels by whitney about her options before going ahead with putting a deposit down. Sounds like she has loads of choice and she’s so well priced.

Just some of my thoughts from reading your post. Maybe a break is good if you’re still not sure what you want.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I saw that J!! BIG SIGH (big sigh explained in extremely long post to follow)

It looks so white to me and is really pretty, I did have a mad moment considering it for myself!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
So glad that you got to see a variety of stones in person! I think a break from this project is a good idea given how conflicted you are still feeling. Your takeaway from this visit, that the old cut you end up buying in the future needs to be seen and evaluated in person, is the best outcome of the experience. I have been to Sako’s and DK’s a few times and can just picture you there! I’m sure you would not hesitate to do more in person visits in the future (which I think you were in the beginning of this project) when you are ready to revisit the issue again and I think that’s the best part!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
This is all so fascinating to read, thank you for all of the detail.

I’m interested when you said that you could see tint in all of the K’s - but did that bother you? Or did you like it? I suspect not and you would be happier at a H/I but that would compromise size too much? Perhaps a J may be the best compromise between both colour and size?

I actually find the comment Sako made really shrewd - why didn’t you like the stone and are you getting too fixated on colour to actually see the diamond itself (if that makes sense?) I would love for you to see a row of old mines in a variety of colours and picking your fave without knowing the specs!!

I’m just wondering from a personal point of view now if I should have pushed more with jewels by whitney about her options before going ahead with putting a deposit down. Sounds like she has loads of choice and she’s so well priced.

Just some of my thoughts from reading your post. Maybe a break is good if you’re still not sure what you want.

Hi! Yes I was bothered by the tint in the Ks. But perhaps there was some bias as Whitney brought out an H early on and they were side by side. At one point I think I had almost 6-7 loose stones in a row :D It's so hard to not second guess yourself once you've stepped back and are no longer in the moment. I do think I am leaning on more of a J but 100% I'll have to see it in person since Whitney's J with faint flour showed tint but Sako's J showed none. Maybe even a K with strong flour would work? Side note: both had YG holders for me to use, Whitney had a WG and YG holders and I did see a different when the holder was WG.

Yes I appreciated both Sako and Whitney's style and approach...that would be a very interesting experiment for me to have a lot lined up and pick one out. But you should have seen me in their offices...walking all around like a crazy woman and hunting for different lighting. While I am more sure that color is important to me, I do think I am getting hyper-fixated on it... and perhaps that is why I should step back too? I did feel alarmed that I was so focused on color, that I didn't even realize what I didn't like about the K at whitneys was the faceting as well as the tint---she was the one who drew me to that detail.

I really, truly don't think you should have regrets, but trust me I always understand that "what-if" feeling. I think the internet and consumer paralysis can do that to you... always comparing what else is out there (also can be about life, not just diamonds!--speaking to myself right now too!) JbW is well priced and she has a ton but everything that is organized is on her IG i believe or will end up on her IG. Even she couldn't show me all she had because there would be not way for her to pluck it out from her inventory. My personal take on her style (purely my speculation) is that she puts up promising/pretty stones but really it's up to the customer to pluck out the one for them based on their personal order of preference e.g. performance, size, color, price etc... She's not super snobby about specs. My IG interactions were her were very pleasant and friendly but yes, I can see now that she probably will only answer your specific questions... aka won't start searching around for you over the internet. And after having conversation with her, it makes sense. She's only one person and she doesn't have bandwidth to source or meet everyone's needs. She mentioned that once a relationship has been established or she has a better idea of who you are (aka how I set up an appt), then she is able to provide more hands on service. And I truly saw that from her in person, she was more than willing to bring out anything she could think of.

I think the expert opinions of those here at PS is almost like a concierge service online right? They helped you find a great, beautiful OEC that will perform well and fit your budget and overall vision. I think we both may struggle with some size dysmorphia due to budget constraints but I think in the end we will both be happy with new bling and plus... it can be our "for now long-term ring" but perhaps not our "absolute forever" ring :)

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I am green with jealousy that you had the opportunity to visit some of my favorites in person! ::sigh::

I didn't realize I would get star struck! I think I said something silly to DK and Amy about how they are so popular on PS and have a fan following.

Once I paid a ridiculous fee for parking, I was able to walk to each store easily as they were all close to each other, which was helpful :)

AL12

Shiny_Rock
So glad that you got to see a variety of stones in person! I think a break from this project is a good idea given how conflicted you are still feeling. Your takeaway from this visit, that the old cut you end up buying in the future needs to be seen and evaluated in person, is the best outcome of the experience. I have been to Sako’s and DK’s a few times and can just picture you there! I’m sure you would not hesitate to do more in person visits in the future (which I think you were in the beginning of this project) when you are ready to revisit the issue again and I think that’s the best part!

Yes 100% thanks to you and others like @lulu_ma and later @Cerulean, you pried me off my couch and told me to GO. Agree my main lessons learned were how I felt about fluorescence and that I am so picky---I really need to see it in person and even then think about it more.

While I still don't love the chaos of Hill St. (although I love LA) I am definitely feeling less intimidated and was pleasantly surprised that I could hop over from one place to another. I may try to stop by JacobK when I pick up my items from DK...so I do think this will be a more stretched out journey where I keep learning more until I am financially more ready to commit to something that I have more confidence in.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yes 100% thanks to you and others like @lulu_ma and later @Cerulean, you pried me off my couch and told me to GO. Agree my main lessons learned were how I felt about fluorescence and that I am so picky---I really need to see it in person and even then think about it more.

While I still don't love the chaos of Hill St. (although I love LA) I am definitely feeling less intimidated and was pleasantly surprised that I could hop over from one place to another. I may try to stop by JacobK when I pick up my items from DK...so I do think this will be a more stretched out journey where I keep learning more until I am financially more ready to commit to something that I have more confidence in.

It's great that you are training your eyes! Just remember, the paper (cert) is just the starting point. I have seen GIA L's that I would never buy, but, conversely, I have also been mesmerized by a Q/R color. As you discovered yesterday, you really have to evaluate these old cuts individually.

Keep us posted on your findings...:)

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Yes I was bothered by the tint in the Ks. But perhaps there was some bias as Whitney brought out an H early on and they were side by side. At one point I think I had almost 6-7 loose stones in a row :D It's so hard to not second guess yourself once you've stepped back and are no longer in the moment. I do think I am leaning on more of a J but 100% I'll have to see it in person since Whitney's J with faint flour showed tint but Sako's J showed none. Maybe even a K with strong flour would work? Side note: both had YG holders for me to use, Whitney had a WG and YG holders and I did see a different when the holder was WG.

Yes I appreciated both Sako and Whitney's style and approach...that would be a very interesting experiment for me to have a lot lined up and pick one out. But you should have seen me in their offices...walking all around like a crazy woman and hunting for different lighting. While I am more sure that color is important to me, I do think I am getting hyper-fixated on it... and perhaps that is why I should step back too? I did feel alarmed that I was so focused on color, that I didn't even realize what I didn't like about the K at whitneys was the faceting as well as the tint---she was the one who drew me to that detail.

I really, truly don't think you should have regrets, but trust me I always understand that "what-if" feeling. I think the internet and consumer paralysis can do that to you... always comparing what else is out there (also can be about life, not just diamonds!--speaking to myself right now too!) JbW is well priced and she has a ton but everything that is organized is on her IG i believe or will end up on her IG. Even she couldn't show me all she had because there would be not way for her to pluck it out from her inventory. My personal take on her style (purely my speculation) is that she puts up promising/pretty stones but really it's up to the customer to pluck out the one for them based on their personal order of preference e.g. performance, size, color, price etc... She's not super snobby about specs. My IG interactions were her were very pleasant and friendly but yes, I can see now that she probably will only answer your specific questions... aka won't start searching around for you over the internet. And after having conversation with her, it makes sense. She's only one person and she doesn't have bandwidth to source or meet everyone's needs. She mentioned that once a relationship has been established or she has a better idea of who you are (aka how I set up an appt), then she is able to provide more hands on service. And I truly saw that from her in person, she was more than willing to bring out anything she could think of.

I think the expert opinions of those here at PS is almost like a concierge service online right? They helped you find a great, beautiful OEC that will perform well and fit your budget and overall vision. I think we both may struggle with some size dysmorphia due to budget constraints but I think in the end we will both be happy with new bling and plus... it can be our "for now long-term ring" but perhaps not our "absolute forever" ring :)

Wow sounds like you learnt so much! Seeing the H and K next to each other and being drawn to the H does sound like colour is really important, maybe J and above. But I guess you can have a high J and a low J - maybe that’s what you saw between the two different stones? May I ask what difference the holders made - did they look more or less tinted depending on whether they were in WG or YG?

It’s great Whitney was able to identify the faceting for you, all valuable information. Thank you for explaining how she works, worth bearing in mind for the future (don’t let my husband hear that!!) It’s so hard to weigh everything up and wonder if you’ve made the right choice.

Absolutely PS is like a concierge! The wealth of knowledge and experience is incredible, I am so grateful to have so much input and advice. I love that phrase, the for now long term ring!

It’s great you have projects to focus on with David and Amy, I would love to see the outcome of those.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
It's great that you are training your eyes! Just remember, the paper (cert) is just the starting point. I have seen GIA L's that I would never buy, but, conversely, I have also been mesmerized by a Q/R color. As you discovered yesterday, you really have to evaluate these old cuts individually.

Keep us posted on your findings...:)

Yes! When I was hemming and hawing over not seeing the tint in Sako's J... he reminded me that the grading at GIA is done by humans and therefore there is some subjectivity. I was so confused that the J with faint flour at JbW had very visible tint but Sako's has no flour and was so white.

I wanted to ask you if you would suggest that I go to antique shows in the meantime just so that I can look at more in a more casual setting? But not sure if those antique vendors would be fond of me wandering around the show rooms with their rings looking for tint :D

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Wow sounds like you learnt so much! Seeing the H and K next to each other and being drawn to the H does sound like colour is really important, maybe J and above. But I guess you can have a high J and a low J - maybe that’s what you saw between the two different stones? May I ask what difference the holders made - did they look more or less tinted depending on whether they were in WG or YG?

It’s great Whitney was able to identify the faceting for you, all valuable information. Thank you for explaining how she works, worth bearing in mind for the future (don’t let my husband hear that!!) It’s so hard to weigh everything up and wonder if you’ve made the right choice.

Absolutely PS is like a concierge! The wealth of knowledge and experience is incredible, I am so grateful to have so much input and advice. I love that phrase, the for now long term ring!

It’s great you have projects to focus on with David and Amy, I would love to see the outcome of those.

I did unfortunately see a difference between the YG and WG holders! I say unfortunate for me bc I like white stones and I love YG :D I absolutely think it will work to your benefit assuming you want to see mainly white with your OECs?

Because of this, I am seriously considering for my five stone making the prongs WG or platinum which is a big deal for me because personally I don’t like two-toned. But still have time to think and discuss options. The prongs for the setting I am leaning towards are not very visible, so I’m thinking if it WG/platinum really bothers me I can plate it YG but perhaps harder to do the reverse? All random considerations I’m having.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yes! When I was hemming and hawing over not seeing the tint in Sako's J... he reminded me that the grading at GIA is done by humans and therefore there is some subjectivity. I was so confused that the J with faint flour at JbW had very visible tint but Sako's has no flour and was so white.

I wanted to ask you if you would suggest that I go to antique shows in the meantime just so that I can look at more in a more casual setting? But not sure if those antique vendors would be fond of me wandering around the show rooms with their rings looking for tint :D

DEFINITELY GO! See as many stones as you can.

Also, keep in mind that the J that you saw at Jbw may have been deeper than Sako’s. Depth can definitely effect tint.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
DEFINITELY GO! See as many stones as you can.

Also, keep in mind that the J that you saw at Jbw may have been deeper than Sako’s. Depth can definitely effect tint.

This is why PS is the best! I took pics of both certs and just looked and you’re absolutely right. The depth of JbW was 77.2% but Sako’s was 64.5%. So yes another reason I need to see them in person.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I did unfortunately see a difference between the YG and WG holders! I say unfortunate for me bc I like white stones and I love YG :D I absolutely think it will work to your benefit assuming you want to see mainly white with your OECs?

Because of this, I am seriously considering for my five stone making the prongs WG or platinum which is a big deal for me because personally I don’t like two-toned. But still have time to think and discuss options. The prongs for the setting I am leaning towards are not very visible, so I’m thinking if it WG/platinum really bothers me I can plate it YG but perhaps harder to do the reverse? All random considerations I’m having.

So the YG brings out the tint? I can see how that makes things trickier for you. I only saw solitaires rather than five stones at Hancocks, but most of them were set in YG but with platinum prongs and they were lovely. But don’t force yourself to like it if that’s not your preference.

Yes I want to see mainly white and I’m going with platinum.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I know you said you’re taking a break and I’m sure you’ve seen it already, but a H came up on insta stories (it’s the one described as picture perfect), it is included but she says it’s clean. Just in case!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
So the YG brings out the tint? I can see how that makes things trickier for you. I only saw solitaires rather than five stones at Hancocks, but most of them were set in YG but with platinum prongs and they were lovely. But don’t force yourself to like it if that’s not your preference.

Yes I want to see mainly white and I’m going with platinum.

Yes I'll have a lot to think about re: two tone! Thanks for your sharing your experience!

Ok so I know you said you’re taking a break and I’m sure you’ve seen it already, but a H came up on insta stories (it’s the one described as picture perfect), it is included but she says it’s clean. Just in case!

thanks for the tag! yes these H's are definitely showing to be over my budget :D I am coming to terms with putting this OMC project on hold!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
for @lioness88

JbW: from L-->R if I am remembering correctly---I only took pictures of the OMC certs:
OEC K (forgot if flour)//OMC H faint flour//OEC K (forgot if flour)//OMC K that I initially went to look at, no flour//OMC J faint flour//OMC H with medium blue flour and maybe 2 inclusions?

Sako: all of the same OMC J without flour--louped and under magnification

JPEG image 22.jpeg JPEG image 23.jpeg JPEG image 24.jpeg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
for @lioness88

JbW: from L-->R if I am remembering correctly---I only took pictures of the OMC certs:
OEC K (forgot if flour)//OMC H faint flour//OEC K (forgot if flour)//OMC K that I initially went to look at, no flour//OMC J faint flour//OMC H with medium blue flour and maybe 2 inclusions?

Thank you for the videos, I’m finding this all so informative. Interestingly I’m finding that I’m not so keen on the first two K’s, but I don’t mind the next K (the one you went to look at), the J and H. Seeing them side by side like this is amazing! It’s so different seeing them loose and not mounted (the lower colours I saw were all in rings). The Sako J seems so white!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the videos, I’m finding this all so informative. Interestingly I’m finding that I’m not so keen on the first two K’s, but I don’t mind the next K (the one you went to look at), the J and H. Seeing them side by side like this is amazing! It’s so different seeing them loose and not mounted (the lower colours I saw were all in rings). The Sako J seems so white!

Glad it was informative for you! And yes to your above question, the YG holder brings out the yellow tint of the stone more (it did to me?). Not in a crazy way but definitely saw the difference.

As you see from the 6 in the video, Whitney had no problem pulling out many diamonds for me to see. Probably if I stayed longer she would have pulled out even more. It was her idea to look at K OECs just for color comparison since she knew that was what I was getting stuck on.

That J from Sako and the one from Rita she re-posted today are still so tempting…but I’m really holding on to the advice jbw gave about there being “enough diamonds to go around”. While I may be hunting for “my” unicorn, it won’t be everyone’s unicorn and there should be a herd of them and not just one that everyone is going after.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Glad it was informative for you! And yes to your above question, the YG holder brings out the yellow tint of the stone more (it did to me?). Not in a crazy way but definitely saw the difference.

As you see from the 6 in the video, Whitney had no problem pulling out many diamonds for me to see. Probably if I stayed longer she would have pulled out even more. It was her idea to look at K OECs just for color comparison since she knew that was what I was getting stuck on.

That J from Sako and the one from Rita she re-posted today are still so tempting…but I’m really holding on to the advice jbw gave about there being “enough diamonds to go around”. While I may be hunting for “my” unicorn, it won’t be everyone’s unicorn and there should be a herd of them and not just one that everyone is going after.

I’d love to be able to go somewhere and play like you did with Whitney! What a fab opportunity.

Yeah I like that J from Rita too! Very tempting. You shouldn’t feel pressured at all and you will find your unicorn I’m sure.

lioness88

Rough_Rock
for @lioness88

Super Awsome video…still informative!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Have a look see…

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Have a look see…

why must you do this to me? my heart stopped when I saw the price! hahaha

but if I was to nit pick at it, the center stone is a bit more splintery/crushed than I would like (I would probably be okay if the center stones had that look, but I think it would bother me if the center stone did). and the center is an (uncert i think?) K.

feeling pretty wary of K's right now after all the tint I saw in my visit!

thanks as always for the find.... budget wise, it's right on par despite the setting not being YG.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
why must you do this to me? my heart stopped when I saw the price! hahaha

but if I was to nit pick at it, the center stone is a bit more splintery/crushed than I would like (I would probably be okay if the center stones had that look, but I think it would bother me if the center stone did). and the center is an (uncert i think?) K.

feeling pretty wary of K's right now after all the tint I saw in my visit!

thanks as always for the find.... budget wise, it's right on par despite the setting not being YG.

I figured it was worth posting. The overall look of the ring is so good for the price and it’s returnable (so you could have had an appraiser look at it). But, yes, the center stone is probably a bit spready:)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
How do you feel about elongated OMCs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results