shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advise on "Twinning Wisp" stone

Iggs911

Rough_Rock
All,

Thanks in advance for offering any assistance! I am completely new to the diamond search and am beginning to do a lot of research.

Ideally, I am looking for a stone with the following characteristics:
  • VS2 - SI1
  • 1.60 - 1.90
  • Color: D / E / F
  • Cut: Ex
  • Polish: Ex
  • Symmetry: Ex
  • Budget: $13-16k

I have come across the following stone which seems to have the "twinning wisp" noted on the report:

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=6211635872

stone_15.jpg

I checked the HCA, and it rates the stone at a 1.4 - Excellent. The stone is priced at what I believe is pretty good. Really looking for something that has a amazing cut and will show fire like crazy!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has other stone recommendations in my range, please do let me know!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put the stone on hold and request an idealscope image. They can only get it if it's in the NY area.

After you put it on hold, provide the link so we can look at the images.

Twining wisp are rarely an issue unless they are the grade making inclusion in an SI or lower graded stone. We need to see the images
To know if they are a problem but normally they are not.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1469628090|4059788 said:
Put the stone on hold and request an idealscope image. They can only get it if it's in the NY area.

After you put it on hold, provide the link so we can look at the images.

Twining wisp are rarely an issue unless they are the grade making inclusion in an SI or lower graded stone. We need to see the images To know if they are a problem but normally they are not.

TyTy makes and an astute comment (my bold). Since it is an Si and twinning wisp is the grade setter (listed first under keys), combined with the fact that there are addition wisps not shown on the plot (under comments), there could be a transparency issue. You would want to have it carefully evaluated from that standpoint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results