shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at THIS, please! Parks Fine Group, Inc.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Hi friends! Some of you are aware I am not a huge social media fan and I am extremely modest & private. But I want one of the lesser known vendors out here to receive some much deserved & hard earned accolades. Of course after agonizing a bit, I decided to generate this post.

With a story that would take pages to write, as well as bore most to tears, my husband and I reached out to Alex Park of Parks Fine Group in New York City to create a simple, timeless, elegant platinum setting to house my orphaned 1.91 I VS2 OEC. After a few false starts and a recent near-fatal motor vehicle accident (mine), THIS arrived at my door today.

I feel much gratitude towards Alex for working with me & my husband during an extremely emotional and difficult time; with that, I want to give Alex my heartfelt thanks and my sincerest endorsement.

IMHO, Alex Park is an extremely personable, humble, no-nonsense, business-minded person who I found extremely easy to work with. As I previously experienced, Alex answered my initial and all subsequent emails and inquiries seemingly instantaneously when I reached out to him with a dilemma. Alex has an incredible way with people and IMHO, a perfect eye for detail & design. After a few discussions, Alex understood exactly what I wanted in a setting and more importantly, he understood why. And extremely important for someone like me, Alex expressed 1000% confidence in his ability to execute my wishes for a near perfect design. We settled on a classic & timeless design that would showcase my 1.91 OEC and not bury it, a specific which over time became important to me.

Parks Fine Group is smack-dab in the heart of the NYC Diamond District, an area I know quite well, so just about everything is at Alex's fingertips. Efficient like no one I’ve ever met, Alex and his CAD partner mapped out my design (utilizing a lovely inspiration ring offered by none other than the wonderful Victor Barbone Group) within a day, no exaggeration. With the setting design underway, Alex procured high quality French Cut and Single Cut diamonds for our setting. The CADs flowed and proved easy to read with just enough detail to make them crystal clear, understandable and not perplexing. The additional 0.50 ctw diamonds in my setting proved glorious with each having their own sense of antiquity. Additionally, Alex is masterful at working & refining settings, and precisely setting stones.

As an aside (because I know “copying” is a huge issue out here), I specifically chose NOT to approach the Victor Barbone team about my custom setting because I did not at all fancy their “replica” setting of this timeless piece, which is not a Barbone original. And while Alex & I utilized the Barbone piece as inspiration, our final piece departs from the Barbone setting in a variety of ways. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t love my new setting as much as I do.

I felt extremely comfortable working with Alex because Alex works with very few people, which of course helps keep his costs down, as well as his turn around time. For me, fewer people equals less chaos, less ego and less confusion. Alex is his OWN BENCH, more-or-less, which is what attracted me to him in the first place, when we first met a few years back. You speak with Alex and your input is noted, changes are complete.

Impeccable craftsmanship & extraordinary customer service are Alex’s hallmarks, I think. I am not known for being serene, or calm. I am the type who finds custom work nerve-racking but I love unique jewelry (and other designs), so... Alex’s communication throughout the custom project was like none I’ve experienced because he sent along (are you ready for this) nearly DAILY videos & photo updates of each step throughout the process, as well as many emails. Not once did I feel lost or overwhelmed throughout.

And because I am a person who is reserved, private and shy, Alex’s personality and easy going nature work BEST for me. Alex's eye for beautiful diamonds, along with his ability to impeccably execute classic designs makes him my “go-to” jeweler and vendor for a very very long time. Not sure how it is so but Alex generously offers diamonds and master craftsmanship at insanely honest & fair prices. No haggling, no ridiculous costs, or charges. What you are promised is what you receive.

I assume, as I do not know for certain that Alex’s customer base is currently “small” in comparison to so many vendors out here. And I'm aware this is likely one reason he can deliver the way he does. I think some of the delivery is because of “size.” However, I’m beyond certain most of Alex’s practices are just Alex and his incredible work ethic. Whatever “it” is, I sure hope Alex never changes. Although I have zero doubt Alex’s current business will explode, I hope his unique delivery never changes.

So, please…if you are looking for something new and you want to give an incredible person a chance, please do not hesitate to contact Alex Park at Parks Fine Group for your next idea.

Oh…FWIW…Alex and I are ALREADY in discussions about my “next life” ring-lolol-a 3.0 carat Asscher Cut Diamond Solitaire with Step Cut sides. We’ll see. It will happen.

Oh…and my pics will show my new solitaire with a glorious 1.0 ctw Platinum & Diamond French Set Eternity Band Alex made for me earlier in 2018, which I adore. It looks perfect with my new OEC.

Thank you for reading all of this! I hope you enjoy the photos and you will consider utilizing Alex if you find this information helpful.

APOLOGIES for the awful fingers, hands and photos. I am AWFUL at photographing with my iPhone but it’s all I have.

fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_280.jpeg fullsizeoutput_27a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg fullsizeoutput_277.jpeg fullsizeoutput_28a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_284.jpeg fullsizeoutput_288.jpeg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous setting, which makes your antique diamond a star centerpiece. Wow those prongs are soooo delicate. I really love this very authentic looking Art Deco replica. Are those French cuts on either side of your OEC? I’m so happy for you, that you had such a positive experience with Alex, and that you are happy with the stunning result of your efforts. May you wear your beautiful ring in good health!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
It’s drop dead gorgeous :love::love::love:

Thank you thank you @whitewave. I am super-thrilled with the ring. I have been way out-of-touch with everyone due to my motor-vehicle accident but I've had you in my thoughts constantly. Thought about you throughout the holidays. Thanks for the compliments. Alex is an awesome guy, he really is!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely setting-home for your beautiful OEC! :love:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
What a fabulous setting, which makes your antique stone a star centerpiece. Wow those prongs are soooo delicate. I really love this very authentic looking Art Deco replica. Are those French cuts on either side of your OEC? I’m so happy for you, that you had such a positive experience with Alex, and that you are happy with the stunning result of your efforts. May you wear your beautiful ring in good health!

@LightBright...my gosh, your sweet post nearly made me cry. It's been an awfully difficult year for me, for so many of us out here in the PS Family. YES! The side stones are French Cuts, single cuts, melee...and there are single cut diamonds in each of the basket's four panels. The total side & accent stones are approximately 0.50 ctw. I think the setting is perfect for my 100 year old solitaire. And it works well with my eternity band and my beloved Ben Moses Band!

Thank you for your good wishes and kindness.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful!! Congratulations on finding the perfect setting! :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LightBright...my gosh, your sweet post nearly made me cry. It's been an awfully difficult year for me, for so many of us out here in the PS Family. YES! The side stones are French Cuts, single cuts, melee...and there are single cut diamonds in each of the basket's four panels. The total side & accent stones are approximately 0.50 ctw. I think the setting is perfect for my 100 year old solitaire. And it works well with my eternity band and my beloved Ben Moses Band!

Thank you for your good wishes and kindness.

So. much. fabulousness. What a special ring encompassing all of those wonderful antique cut varieties in one setting.

I’m so sorry to hear about your accident and am thankful you are recovering. I hope your new ring sweetens your New Year and may your New Year be a time that brings you healing and happiness.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! Enjoy it. Looks great with the band too.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @tlfiore you nailed it! This is a gorgeous setting and your OEC looks perfect in it :appl:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
So. much. fabulousness. What a special ring encompassing all of those wonderful antique cut varieties in one setting.

I’m so sorry to hear about your accident and am thankful you are recovering. I hope your new ring sweetens your New Year and may your New Year be a time that brings you healing and happiness.

♥️❤️

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Trying to take a few better pics. I am awful with this iPhone. Apparently, they make some new clip-on contraption that enhances macro shots.

The lighting makes such a difference when photographing. In one photo, the OEC shows lots of rusty copper, which it does not have IRL. The OEC is warm, lacy-white. The copper is being picked-up from the dark burgundy counter-tops (I think) in my kitchen!

fullsizeoutput_28b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_28e.jpeg

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Omg @tlfiore you nailed it! This is a gorgeous setting and your OEC looks perfect in it :appl:

@foxinsox ...thank you so much for replying! I value your input a whole lot. For me, the setting is perfect. I realized I wanted something classic, elegant, timeless and true to the Art Deco period. The ring looks great with my French Set Eternity Band and my Ben Band...it's a lot of diamond and maximum coverage with the Ben Band but it looks great.

I hoped for a setting that was as non-bridal, non-engagement, non-cathedral looking as possible. I also hoped for something that stacked with my band(s) but appeared to be COMPLETELY separate from bands...no matchy-match. And I wanted a very low profile that would still look good if stacked without spacer bands at the likes.

Not sure how Alex did it but the scope, RISE, scale of the ring is spot on! It's perfection! The man is a genius, I swear. I cannot believe how spready my OEC appears in the setting.

Thanks again always for your continued kindness & support.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely spectacular! :love:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about the MVA & more relieved that you are ok. The ring is simple, uncluttered, classic & timeless at the same time, it's simplicity is what makes the stone stand out. Congratulations & thank you for the write up on Alex. That will give us that have not worked with him confidence to do so.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about the MVA & more relieved that you are ok. The ring is simple, uncluttered, classic & timeless at the same time, it's simplicity is what makes the stone stand out. Congratulations & thank you for the write up on Alex. That will give us that have not worked with him confidence to do so.

@ccuheartnurse you are so kind to post. Thank you. I see your screen name, so I imagine you are a CCU Nurse. I am a nurse, also. Gotta say I just turned 61 years old a few days before my MVA and this was my first MVA ever! Can you imagine? I thought I'd depart this earth without a serious MVA but I am fortunate to be alive. I lost control of my husbands 2005 Ford Ranger on an icy road and skid hundreds of feet, out-of-control until my driver's side rammed a huge electric utility pole. I totaled my husband's Ford Ranger. I lost consciousness and woke when the police and EMTs arrived to retrieve me from the truck. The tow folks couldn't imagine how someone could survive the impact.

I have several broken bones, (had) a mild concussion. I've got abrasions, cuts and an incomplete fractured left arm. I face some difficult days ahead of me but I'm still here to tell the tale.

Sorry to digress but as a nurse, I know you understand PTSD and the trauma associated with such an accident. The accident was the scariest event of my life, thus far. And I've seen a lot. The ring is a happy surprise.

And THANK YOU for acknowledging Alex and realizing I want others to take a chance with him. He really is a great human being and a sweet, talented man. Thank you!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is breathtaking tlfiore! It’s been a long frustrating journey for you, but you’ve finally found the perfect home for your beautiful stone! I hope wearing your new beauty helps with your recovery. All the best!

Q

Queenie60

Simply beautiful

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this is breathtaking tlfiore! It’s been a long frustrating journey for you, but you’ve finally found the perfect home for your beautiful stone! I hope wearing your new beauty helps with your recovery. All the best!

You are very kind @Bonfire ...thank you!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ccuheartnurse you are so kind to post. Thank you. I see your screen name, so I imagine you are a CCU Nurse. I am a nurse, also. Gotta say I just turned 61 years old a few days before my MVA and this was my first MVA ever! Can you imagine? I thought I'd depart this earth without a serious MVA but I am fortunate to be alive. I lost control of my husbands 2005 Ford Ranger on an icy road and skid hundreds of feet, out-of-control until my driver's side rammed a huge electric utility pole. I totaled my husband's Ford Ranger. I lost consciousness and woke when the police and EMTs arrived to retrieve me from the truck. The tow folks couldn't imagine how someone could survive the impact.

I have several broken bones, (had) a mild concussion. I've got abrasions, cuts and an incomplete fractured left arm. I face some difficult days ahead of me but I'm still here to tell the tale.

Sorry to digress but as a nurse, I know you understand PTSD and the trauma associated with such an accident. The accident was the scariest event of my life, thus far. And I've seen a lot. The ring is a happy surprise.

And THANK YOU for acknowledging Alex and realizing I want others to take a chance with him. He really is a great human being and a sweet, talented man. Thank you!

Omg i skipped over the accident part. So glad you are on the mend and that it wasn't worse. Wishing you quick healing.

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
:love::love::love: Absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way! Truly so happy for you! :appl::dance::bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring and a nice shout out to Alex! I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Alex in person and to have gotten two beautiful diamonds from him. Speaking of beautiful diamonds — yours is a stunner! And that setting... oh la la! I hope you enjoy it every day and I’m eager to see how your next project turns out!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring and a nice shout out to Alex! I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Alex in person and to have gotten two beautiful diamonds from him. Speaking of beautiful diamonds — yours is a stunner! And that setting... oh la la! I hope you enjoy it every day and I’m eager to see how your next project turns out!

Thank you for taking the time out to post! I appreciate it! It's wonderful that you met Alex in person. Next time I'm back visiting my home, I may go to W 47th Street and meet him in person. He strikes me as such a kind & humble guy...funny, too.

I am NOT a huge jewelry person but I adore Asschers. It would be great owning and wearing one but right now, the cost of doing so is prohibitive, We shall see-smile.

Thank you for the compliments. I love my setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results