shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at THIS, please! Parks Fine Group, Inc.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! Unique and gorgeous! Hope that it helps you recover from the awful accident.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfection! And perfect for you! Well done.

Glad you survived the accident. Diamonds, and you, are very durable!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone for the recent posts. I am recovering fairly well from the accident. I am still quite a lot shaken up but hopefully, this will pass with time.

Thank you for loving my new ring! I think all things considered, this setting is the absolute best home for my 1.91 OEC. And given all the false starts 'n stops, I love the setting and it is best for me...true to the period, gorgeous, understated and not over-the-top...not too much bling!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @tlfiore your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on you!

I am sorry to hear about your accident, but I am glad that you are okay and that this new arrival has brought some much needed sunshine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, I am sooo sorry to hear about your accident! I hope you'll be healed from your injuries very soon!

Your new ring is beautiful! So happy for you that you found something you love for your pretty OEC!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends! Some of you are aware I am not a huge social media fan and I am extremely modest & private. But I want one of the lesser known vendors out here to receive some much deserved & hard earned accolades. Of course after agonizing a bit, I decided to generate this post.

With a story that would take pages to write, as well as bore most to tears, my husband and I reached out to Alex Park of Parks Fine Group in New York City to create a simple, timeless, elegant platinum setting to house my orphaned 1.91 I VS2 OEC. After a few false starts and a recent near-fatal motor vehicle accident (mine), THIS arrived at my door today.

I feel much gratitude towards Alex for working with me & my husband during an extremely emotional and difficult time; with that, I want to give Alex my heartfelt thanks and my sincerest endorsement.

IMHO, Alex Park is an extremely personable, humble, no-nonsense, business-minded person who I found extremely easy to work with. As I previously experienced, Alex answered my initial and all subsequent emails and inquiries seemingly instantaneously when I reached out to him with a dilemma. Alex has an incredible way with people and IMHO, a perfect eye for detail & design. After a few discussions, Alex understood exactly what I wanted in a setting and more importantly, he understood why. And extremely important for someone like me, Alex expressed 1000% confidence in his ability to execute my wishes for a near perfect design. We settled on a classic & timeless design that would showcase my 1.91 OEC and not bury it, a specific which over time became important to me.

Parks Fine Group is smack-dab in the heart of the NYC Diamond District, an area I know quite well, so just about everything is at Alex's fingertips. Efficient like no one I’ve ever met, Alex and his CAD partner mapped out my design (utilizing a lovely inspiration ring offered by none other than the wonderful Victor Barbone Group) within a day, no exaggeration. With the setting design underway, Alex procured high quality French Cut and Single Cut diamonds for our setting. The CADs flowed and proved easy to read with just enough detail to make them crystal clear, understandable and not perplexing. The additional 0.50 ctw diamonds in my setting proved glorious with each having their own sense of antiquity. Additionally, Alex is masterful at working & refining settings, and precisely setting stones.

As an aside (because I know “copying” is a huge issue out here), I specifically chose NOT to approach the Victor Barbone team about my custom setting because I did not at all fancy their “replica” setting of this timeless piece, which is not a Barbone original. And while Alex & I utilized the Barbone piece as inspiration, our final piece departs from the Barbone setting in a variety of ways. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t love my new setting as much as I do.

I felt extremely comfortable working with Alex because Alex works with very few people, which of course helps keep his costs down, as well as his turn around time. For me, fewer people equals less chaos, less ego and less confusion. Alex is his OWN BENCH, more-or-less, which is what attracted me to him in the first place, when we first met a few years back. You speak with Alex and your input is noted, changes are complete.

Impeccable craftsmanship & extraordinary customer service are Alex’s hallmarks, I think. I am not known for being serene, or calm. I am the type who finds custom work nerve-racking but I love unique jewelry (and other designs), so... Alex’s communication throughout the custom project was like none I’ve experienced because he sent along (are you ready for this) nearly DAILY videos & photo updates of each step throughout the process, as well as many emails. Not once did I feel lost or overwhelmed throughout.

And because I am a person who is reserved, private and shy, Alex’s personality and easy going nature work BEST for me. Alex's eye for beautiful diamonds, along with his ability to impeccably execute classic designs makes him my “go-to” jeweler and vendor for a very very long time. Not sure how it is so but Alex generously offers diamonds and master craftsmanship at insanely honest & fair prices. No haggling, no ridiculous costs, or charges. What you are promised is what you receive.

I assume, as I do not know for certain that Alex’s customer base is currently “small” in comparison to so many vendors out here. And I'm aware this is likely one reason he can deliver the way he does. I think some of the delivery is because of “size.” However, I’m beyond certain most of Alex’s practices are just Alex and his incredible work ethic. Whatever “it” is, I sure hope Alex never changes. Although I have zero doubt Alex’s current business will explode, I hope his unique delivery never changes.

So, please…if you are looking for something new and you want to give an incredible person a chance, please do not hesitate to contact Alex Park at Parks Fine Group for your next idea.

Oh…FWIW…Alex and I are ALREADY in discussions about my “next life” ring-lolol-a 3.0 carat Asscher Cut Diamond Solitaire with Step Cut sides. We’ll see. It will happen.

Oh…and my pics will show my new solitaire with a glorious 1.0 ctw Platinum & Diamond French Set Eternity Band Alex made for me earlier in 2018, which I adore. It looks perfect with my new OEC.

Thank you for reading all of this! I hope you enjoy the photos and you will consider utilizing Alex if you find this information helpful.

APOLOGIES for the awful fingers, hands and photos. I am AWFUL at photographing with my iPhone but it’s all I have.

fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_280.jpeg fullsizeoutput_27a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg fullsizeoutput_277.jpeg fullsizeoutput_28a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_284.jpeg fullsizeoutput_288.jpeg

LOVE your OEC’s new home!!! It’s absolutely GORGEOUS!! Oh MY!!! We have such similar taste!!! :eek2: :cheeky:

I can’t wait to see your Asscher with step cut sides!!! GOD, that will be AMAZING!!! :love:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, everyone. I truly appreciate all the positive feedback and kind comments about my well-being AND my ring-smile.

Recovery is slow but I'm coming along.

@Matthews1127 seems like we do and we always have had similar taste in diamonds, me and you! I do love my new setting. I cannot imagine having this 1.91 OEC diamond set in anything else. I am a horrible photo taker; the ring is spectacular.

Now, I may have been overly-ambitious about a 3 carat Asscher or Step-Cut diamond as a center with traps-lololol. But I hope to see one in my future. Someone on PS recently sold a gorgeous 3 carat Emerald Cut Moissanite (I think) on Loupe Troop and/or Diamond Bistro 'cause she said "it was too much bling, too fancy for her." This is where I have to be cautious. I have to remember my "size sensitivity."

I've gotta remember my mantra, "Just because I love a piece in pics, IRL and/or on someone else, does not mean it is right for me."

With that said, I spotted this piece (not sure where...on Etsy perhaps), which I think is also a Moissanite but I completely love the ring design. I am not a huge fan of solo set Asschers. I find the solo design way too square, too very deep and "top heavy," and a bit too symmetrical for my tastes.

I find I need other stones to "balance" the symmetry of an Asscher Cut. So perhaps down-the-road, I'm thinking a 2.5 carat (I know Asschers face up smaller than other cuts) in a very similar setting as my current custom one that I love so much. I'm finding I adore the antiquity that milgrain bezel-set sides lend to a setting. I also love the step-cut calibre, or French Cut sides:

il_570xN.925071228_9h8r.jpg il_570xN.924816303_cmcn.jpg il_570xN.924816299_kjz4.jpg il_570xN.925071230_2btd.jpg

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
:eek2: YIKES...sorry everyone about the size of above photos. They didn't seem so large in my preview

Readinglady

Rough_Rock
Hi friends! Some of you are aware I am not a huge social media fan and I am extremely modest & private. But I want one of the lesser known vendors out here to receive some much deserved & hard earned accolades. Of course after agonizing a bit, I decided to generate this post.

With a story that would take pages to write, as well as bore most to tears, my husband and I reached out to Alex Park of Parks Fine Group in New York City to create a simple, timeless, elegant platinum setting to house my orphaned 1.91 I VS2 OEC. After a few false starts and a recent near-fatal motor vehicle accident (mine), THIS arrived at my door today.

I feel much gratitude towards Alex for working with me & my husband during an extremely emotional and difficult time; with that, I want to give Alex my heartfelt thanks and my sincerest endorsement.

IMHO, Alex Park is an extremely personable, humble, no-nonsense, business-minded person who I found extremely easy to work with. As I previously experienced, Alex answered my initial and all subsequent emails and inquiries seemingly instantaneously when I reached out to him with a dilemma. Alex has an incredible way with people and IMHO, a perfect eye for detail & design. After a few discussions, Alex understood exactly what I wanted in a setting and more importantly, he understood why. And extremely important for someone like me, Alex expressed 1000% confidence in his ability to execute my wishes for a near perfect design. We settled on a classic & timeless design that would showcase my 1.91 OEC and not bury it, a specific which over time became important to me.

Parks Fine Group is smack-dab in the heart of the NYC Diamond District, an area I know quite well, so just about everything is at Alex's fingertips. Efficient like no one I’ve ever met, Alex and his CAD partner mapped out my design (utilizing a lovely inspiration ring offered by none other than the wonderful Victor Barbone Group) within a day, no exaggeration. With the setting design underway, Alex procured high quality French Cut and Single Cut diamonds for our setting. The CADs flowed and proved easy to read with just enough detail to make them crystal clear, understandable and not perplexing. The additional 0.50 ctw diamonds in my setting proved glorious with each having their own sense of antiquity. Additionally, Alex is masterful at working & refining settings, and precisely setting stones.

As an aside (because I know “copying” is a huge issue out here), I specifically chose NOT to approach the Victor Barbone team about my custom setting because I did not at all fancy their “replica” setting of this timeless piece, which is not a Barbone original. And while Alex & I utilized the Barbone piece as inspiration, our final piece departs from the Barbone setting in a variety of ways. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t love my new setting as much as I do.

I felt extremely comfortable working with Alex because Alex works with very few people, which of course helps keep his costs down, as well as his turn around time. For me, fewer people equals less chaos, less ego and less confusion. Alex is his OWN BENCH, more-or-less, which is what attracted me to him in the first place, when we first met a few years back. You speak with Alex and your input is noted, changes are complete.

Impeccable craftsmanship & extraordinary customer service are Alex’s hallmarks, I think. I am not known for being serene, or calm. I am the type who finds custom work nerve-racking but I love unique jewelry (and other designs), so... Alex’s communication throughout the custom project was like none I’ve experienced because he sent along (are you ready for this) nearly DAILY videos & photo updates of each step throughout the process, as well as many emails. Not once did I feel lost or overwhelmed throughout.

And because I am a person who is reserved, private and shy, Alex’s personality and easy going nature work BEST for me. Alex's eye for beautiful diamonds, along with his ability to impeccably execute classic designs makes him my “go-to” jeweler and vendor for a very very long time. Not sure how it is so but Alex generously offers diamonds and master craftsmanship at insanely honest & fair prices. No haggling, no ridiculous costs, or charges. What you are promised is what you receive.

I assume, as I do not know for certain that Alex’s customer base is currently “small” in comparison to so many vendors out here. And I'm aware this is likely one reason he can deliver the way he does. I think some of the delivery is because of “size.” However, I’m beyond certain most of Alex’s practices are just Alex and his incredible work ethic. Whatever “it” is, I sure hope Alex never changes. Although I have zero doubt Alex’s current business will explode, I hope his unique delivery never changes.

So, please…if you are looking for something new and you want to give an incredible person a chance, please do not hesitate to contact Alex Park at Parks Fine Group for your next idea.

Oh…FWIW…Alex and I are ALREADY in discussions about my “next life” ring-lolol-a 3.0 carat Asscher Cut Diamond Solitaire with Step Cut sides. We’ll see. It will happen.

Oh…and my pics will show my new solitaire with a glorious 1.0 ctw Platinum & Diamond French Set Eternity Band Alex made for me earlier in 2018, which I adore. It looks perfect with my new OEC.

Thank you for reading all of this! I hope you enjoy the photos and you will consider utilizing Alex if you find this information helpful.

APOLOGIES for the awful fingers, hands and photos. I am AWFUL at photographing with my iPhone but it’s all I have.

fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_280.jpeg fullsizeoutput_27a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg fullsizeoutput_277.jpeg fullsizeoutput_28a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_284.jpeg fullsizeoutput_288.jpeg

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Ah The beautiful Paloma . Gorgeous work

Thank you for your kind comments! Ah yes, THE Paloma. Not exactly but close. I love my ring. I just wish I had more opportunities to wear it. I rarely leave the house these days. But my Havanese Ernie and I really love the ring! Thanks again for your kind comments!

Edited to be kinder...

Last edited:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning @tlfiore! I don’t know how I missed it when it was posted...
I’m sorry about your terrible car accident and I hope that you are healing well physically and mentally. =)2

Readinglady

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments! Ah yes, THE Paloma. Not exactly but close. I love my ring. I just wish I had more opportunities to wear it. I rarely leave the house these days. But my Havanese Ernie and I really love the ring! Thanks again for your kind comments!

Edited to be kinder...

It's a stunner. Sorry you are not well. Car accidents are so scary. Our puppies are so good when we dont feel well Glad you have a sweet little one.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments. Hopefully, I'll have more places to go where I can wear my lovely ring. For now, I wear it whenever & wherever possible :razz:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments. Hopefully, I'll have more places to go where I can wear my lovely ring. For now, I wear it whenever & wherever possible :razz:

Hope your recovery continues favorably, @tlfiore As for your beautiful ring, might I ask, why don’t you enjoy the heck out of it on your finger while you are at home? I wouldn’t let ‘being home’ stop me from wearing & admiring my bling; to the contrary, I can stare at it as long/much as I want without anyone judging me for doing so. LOL

Unless you’re doing a bunch of ‘manual’ type things around the house, please don’t let that gorgeous ring sit in waiting for a trip out somewhere ... wear it, love it, enjoy it ... at home, at dinner, at the grocery store, wherever! :wavey:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@the_mother_thing you are so kind to comment. Thank you! And yes, I've thought about this and I do wear it around the home on occasion. I feel foolish doing so, especially when scooping cat litter, or walking Ernie (and all that entails)-smile. Thank you!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing you are so kind to comment. Thank you! And yes, I've thought about this and I do wear it around the home on occasion. I feel foolish doing so, especially when scooping cat litter, or walking Ernie (and all that entails)-smile. Thank you!

If there is anywhere that I’d rather be enjoying bling, it’s while having to scoop cat litter. :lol: Don’t feel foolish; enjoy that beauty as much as you can, where ever you can. :wavey:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@the_mother_thing you are too funny! I really appreciate your comments and your humor! Thank you! :love:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your MVA. I wish you a speedy and painless recovery!

Your ring is wow, gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your story, I am looking to reset my ring, hopefully by this summer and the choices in NYC are overwhelming.

Parks Fine Group? Is that the same company I sometimes see spamming Loupetroop? I didn't realize they were a real establishment, their listings always seem kinda shady to me. Well now I know they are legit.:D
I have to say I had a not pleasant experience w him. However - I am happy you did and. Your ring is gorgeous!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I am buying a diamond from Alex so mine is a fairly straightforward transaction. So far he's been very helpful and as an overseas buyer I feel pretty confident. I'll update again once the new beauty arrives.

Hope 2019 has been good to you @tlfiore!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results