shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those women were not lunatics shouting in a disrespectful way. They were emotional and you can clearly hear it in their voices. First woman stated she was at Flake's office the week prior. To characterize them as @the_mother_thing and @redwood66 are doing is beyond the pale.

So they already WERE heard, but they wanted to be more heard. :roll:

So they aren’t lunatics when shouting in an ‘emotional way’, but Kav is?

Double down on double standards if you want. I opted out of that agenda.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those women were not lunatics shouting in a disrespectful way. They were emotional and you can clearly hear it in their voices. First woman stated she was at Flake's office the week prior. To characterize them as @the_mother_thing and @redwood66 are doing is beyond the pale.

This will be unpopular, but sexual assault victims aren't more special than any other kind of violent crime victim.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s the problem, there is nothing ‘civil’ about what these protestors are doing ... they are obstructionists, and when I see that kind of behavior, any hope you/they have for being heard (by me) is lost.

If I want to hear a bunch of crying and screaming, I’ll go to a daycare center. :hand:

What on earth happened to you to make you act like this?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean this is the All Lives Matter crowd so...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kavanaugh hasn’t been raped. These women have. Huge difference between possibly not getting a job promotion and being raped.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, right? Those sexual assault victims really need to get it together.

I don’t discriminate on ‘types’ of protestors - ANYONE who acts like that, and yells in someone’s face while cornering them in a confined space as they did him, regardless of their cause/movement/et al, is being disrespectful IMO.

Again, nothing ‘civil’ about it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So they aren’t lunatics when shouting in an ‘emotional way’, but Kav is?
Double down on double standards if you want. I opted out of that agenda.
Hahahahahahaha!!!! Thanks for the laugh and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but you were the one a mere page ago who talked about double standards when you thought folks were being tough on kav because he was emotional and then in the next breath you came down like a ton of bricks on those women. I'm trying to understand, really I am.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t discriminate on ‘types’ of protestors - ANYONE who acts like that, and yells in someone’s face while cornering them in a confined space as they did him, regardless of their cause/movement/et al, is being disrespectful IMO.

Again, nothing ‘civil’ about it.

You are obviously enlightened and I want to subscribe to your newsletter.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kavanaugh hasn’t been raped. These women have. Huge difference between possibly not getting a job promotion and being raped.

How do YOU know? He very well may be a survivor, but you assume he isn’t ... he can’t possibly be ... because he’s a white male. :roll:

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So they already WERE heard, but they wanted to be more heard.
As you're so fond of saying, we can't know that. She said she went to his office. There's no indication he was there or that she spoke to someone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. I'll bite. I see a big mirror. It's a clue. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall..." I've got it! Snow White's wicked stepmother made you like this!

Oh @AGBF , Thank you for the laugh!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahahahahaha!!!! Thanks for the laugh and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but you were the one a mere page ago who talked about double standards when you thought folks were being tough on kav because he was emotional and then in the next breath you came down like a ton of bricks on those women. I'm trying to understand, really I am.

There absolutely IS a difference between being cornered in a confined space and having strangers belligerently berate you for something you did not do to them, and being invited to a hearing to defend yourself on life/career-ending allegations (for which there is zero evidence and corroboration for) for which you proclaim innocence.

If you cannot see the difference, I don’t know what to tell you.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's no different from last year, when all those pesky black people weren't writing letters with their fountain pens politely (yet firmly) inquiring as to when the police might stop shooting them.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there is the straw man and ad hominem of the left all rolled into one. Can always count on you for this one.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. I'll bite. I see a big mirror. It's a clue. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall..." I've got it! Snow White's wicked stepmother made you like this!

Actually, she gave me a choice between being who I am or a hate-filled, man-hating frenzied feminist. I’m pretty happy with my choice; thanks. :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There absolutely IS a difference between being cornered in a confined space and having strangers belligerently berate you for something you did not do to them,
Did this happen to you? Because your visceral reaction to this situation appears to be projecting. In any event, I withdraw from this particular subject because I think it's become just stubborn argumentativeness with a heavy dose of baiting from some participants. I've read enough of your posts and red's to understand your positions on this and respect your perspectives.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing , I’m not being snarky. Are you ok???

Never better ... it’s not just reproductive rights we have choice in. Some of us actually are capable of having opinions that differ from yours, contrary to what you’ve been programmed to think.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m doing well @the_mother_thing . I have no problem looking in the mirror what so ever.
CC
A radical liberal don't scare you?
scram.gif
:lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing how differently people view things. I was not, other than exerpts able to watch the testimony, too emotional. I have not been raped, but I have worked with people who have (I work at the VA). Seeing the scene with flake and the two women. Yes they were very emotional .But they were pleading, pleading for their case, to be heard, and for flake to listen to his conscience. It was powerful. I had tears, and it is hard for me to imagine someone else seeing the same thing, and not moved by their plight, or even that they were rude and shut up. The senator, in his capacity on voting on a supreme Court nominee, affects and represents all us citizens, and it's job to listen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results