shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I believe in progressive ideas, I don't now that much about democrat per se, the only real difference between democrats and republicans is one wants to spend a bit more on the war machine and less on public programs and democrats are vice versa, although republicans were not as bad as they are now years ago, nor were democrats necessarily as far left either. There are way bigger differences between liberals and conservatives which are at the far end of each party. I have some republican views, I believe in the death penalty. I believe in a balanced budget, but I am not rigid.. I didn't really know about Kavanaugh until he went bonkers and started his Clinton rant and far left money, that showed me he unhinges under pressure, the Bar Association worried about his fair and balanced approach and voiced it. Huge red flag for me, why we didn't know this before we got to this point I dunno. Graham was horrendous and I don't think he was being horrendous to Feinstein if I said that I didn't think it ?? I think Graham was horrendous to all democrats, without one word about Judge Garland, why don't republicans ever mention Garland????? And I agree with you nothing is totally clear about what went down.
You are not one of the fringe and neither am I but it is those people that are feeding this climate.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I am saying that before she brought it the committee of 11 republican men should would have tried to find out if the information was correct because the republicans would leak it and then say that Feinstein would do ANYTHING to stop Kavanaugh. I have not said or heard that all women should be believed.. Where did you see this?

DiFi didn't say that. She said she was asked to keep it confidential.

All we have heard is that "all women must be believed". Are you saying - after talking with Ford herself - DiFi still didn't believe Ford?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are not one of the fringe and neither am I but it is those people that are feeding this climate.
There is little difference imo between being a staunch rep or dem or liberal or conservative and being on the fringe. Both result in maintaining partisanship. I am desperate for balance. Granted, I am more liberal overall, but throughout my entire life on matters of critical importance I've examined, listened, researched various options and usually found a way to compromise. I desperately wish a return to that in our political system. To be balanced, we must be fluid. The citizens of this country simply cannot afford to cling rigidly to any belief system that causes greater harm than good to the majority of its citizens.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/calling-truce-political-wars/

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is little difference imo between being a staunch rep or dem or liberal or conservative and being on the fringe. Both result in maintaining partisanship. I am desperate for balance. Granted, I am more liberal overall, but throughout my entire life on matters of critical importance I've examined, listened, researched various options and usually found a way to compromise. I desperately wish a return to that in our political system. To be balanced, we must be fluid. The citizens of this country simply cannot afford to cling rigidly to any belief system that causes greater harm than good to the majority of its citizens.

I agree with much of this.

But to me if you (general you) are ambushing or harassing people in public at a restaurant or other public place for a viral video clip then you are the fringe, and you are not interested in anything you posted above.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing is going to change if both sides don’t try to come together and make compromises. We need politicians who are in the middle. For decades I thought that was where the majority of Americans fell. After Trump was elected, watching all that has happened in the country, makes me think I may have been very wrong.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , Did you consider the women that were speaking to Flake in the elevators being harassing?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well said, Matata! This is where I am, too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But of course he can't do that. Not that I would want him to anyway. He must take it and since he is a white man he must be put in his place with his head down while the woman screams at him. Because he has it coming after all. Though he missed being a triple header because he is not old.

Geez Red, this sound exactly like what the Black Man has been doing for years and years and years. Why do you think the words WHITE PRIVILEGE came into being? The guy drools white privilege. She also has white privilege, these aren't poor little kids as PS 1 in the Bronx (I made that up, altho would be there is a PS 1 in the city)... Holton-Arms costs today (from wiki) Tuition for 2018-19 is $42,975 for grades 3-6 and additional expenses for grades 7-12. In 2017-2018, the financial aid budget was $4.4 million Tuition at Georgetown Prep is (from wiki again) With an annual tuition of $56,665 in 2015, it is the 4th most expensive boarding school in the United States.[1] It is the only Jesuit boarding school in the United States and is in the district of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.

Woohee we are talking both are more expensive yearly than my sons yearly college expenses. If we calculate that in 1980 dollars it is 18,700.00$ back in '80 for Georgetown Prep and At Holton-Arms the cost was 14,000K in 1980, and this is only calculated with inflation, it probably had other charges at these schools that they did not add into the tuition number, like books etc. Soooo neither one of these people were poor. My father was making 17K a year in 1980- and he had 2 jobs :) 2 blue collar jobs that is. Sooo we can say these poor little people, Ford and Kavanaugh were very rich, entitled and lived in a bubble.:lickout:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was reported that the White House is limiting the scope of the FBI investigation.

If the White House is involved how is this a fair investigation? Wasn’t the purpose for the FBI investigating to remove politics from the investigation and get to the facts?

It’s seems this is to exclude Michael Avenatti’s client in the scope of the investigation. What does Julie Swetnick know that the White House doesn’t want to come out? Trump denied sleeping and paying off Stormy Daniels and we all know how that played out. Three women came forward last week. Why would these three women not be heard and interviewed by the FBI?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No because he hasn't said he was.. no #meToo from him yet...

How do YOU know? He very well may be a survivor, but you assume he isn’t ... he can’t possibly be ... because he’s a white male. :roll:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am saying not even acknowledging Merrick Garland was worse. It was disrespectful to Barack Obama, it was mean, rude, obnoxious, partisan, unkind, unprofessional, unheard of, Red, no one could say ONE disparaging word about Garland because the republicans wouldn't meet with him!!!! there may have been hundreds of disparaging words said to and about Garland but we will never know, it was about as rude as one could get to President Obama. I would say if you think the republicans aren't as bad then the circus is full-on crazy but not by the democrats. It would be so nice to hear from a republican that they were wrong, and apologize, give Garland another chance, you know, have a heart.

Are you actually saying that not holding hearings on Merrick Garland and this Kavanaugh circus are equal treatment of the judges? Not one Republican ever uttered a disparaging remark about Garland. This circus is full on crazy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was reported that the White House is limiting the scope of the FBI investigation.
This was suggested by Sen. Chris Coons and Flake whom both call for a one week investigation. Most Dems. do prefer a 5 month investigation. It shouldn't take that long to interview the 3 so call witnesses at the party.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That could be a painting. You have a great eye and so did the photographer, partgypsy.
I agree, with all!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch the hearing, but I have caught just enough commentaries with clips to say this. If I were a sitting SCJ, I would not want that man on my team.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kavanaugh is a LIAR.
Meanwhile McConnell has set in motion a vote for this week. Arrogant bast*rd. Can't you just hear it now:
It's photoshopped;
It's 2 people who look like ramirez and kav;
Just because they're in the same picture doesn't mean they know each other;
If she was uncomfortable around him, why is she smiling;
They're all paid democrat actors.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meanwhile McConnell has set in motion a vote for this week. Arrogant bast*rd. Can't you just hear it now:
It's photoshopped;
It's 2 people who look like ramirez and kav;
Just because they're in the same picture doesn't mean they know each other;
If she was uncomfortable around him, why is she smiling;
They're all paid democrat actors.

McConnell can eat shorts. They KNOW they are not getting away with anything less than that one week. So unless the FBI was working on Saturday and Sunday, ain't NO vote happening this week.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
McConnell can eat shorts. They KNOW they are not getting away with anything less than that one week. So unless the FBI was working on Saturday and Sunday, ain't NO vote happening this week.

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they tried to have this voted on by Friday.
I think Trumps speech today was clearing the way that it’s fine that Kavanaugh had “difficulty” with alcohol when he was young. To this administration lying comes as easily as breathing.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard that the White House/Senate has limited the FBI from investigating the alcohol use issue - apparently they do not that it’s relevant whether Kavanagh lied under oath or not. Or if he lied under oath about that, what else he may not have been truthful about. I think my impression of all of this is that it’s just political theatre with no intention to find the truth or do the right thing (whatever that may be). I also don’t think that there’s any motivation to actually govern the country either. The only thing that seems to matter is ‘winning’ in a way that makes everybody lose. That’s been my impression of Mitch McConnell for years now. The whole system seems broken.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard that the White House/Senate has limited the FBI from investigating the alcohol use issue - apparently they do not that it’s relevant whether Kavanagh lied under oath or not. Or if he lied under oath about that, what else he may not have been truthful about. I think my impression of all of this is that it’s just political theatre with no intention to find the truth or do the right thing (whatever that may be). I also don’t think that there’s any motivation to actually govern the country either. The only thing that seems to matter is ‘winning’ in a way that makes everybody lose. That’s been my impression of Mitch McConnell for years now. The whole system seems broken.
This is what I see, on both sides. :nono:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harvard fired him from teaching there, and McConnell wants to put him on the highest court in the land. Sounds about right.
Do you have a link for this? I looked up Harvard firing him, but none of the articles I tried said that. Most just said he wouldn't be returning, but gave no specific reason why.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harvard made an announcement and notified student he was not going to be teaching a class that he scheduled to teach in January 2019.

It wasn’t clear if he was dropped by a Harvard or if he decided not to teach on his own.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The article I read said that the students signed a petition asking Harvard to not bring him back. Hold on, I'll look for it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless I'm missing something, the first part of those articles says he's withdrawing, not getting fired. However, the one says graduates are collecting signatures to get him out. Certainly that speaks volumes, but as yet, he's not really fired.

I'm wondering though, with the signature gathering, if it will eventually cause him to be dropped from the nomination. I could actually see this possibly snowballing into that....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the first part of those articles says he's withdrawing,
That's usually doublespeak for "resign or be fired". In the world of Human Resources it's, unfortunately, common to allow disgraced employees to resign in lieu of being fired--especially if they're men--to allow them to save face.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's usually doublespeak for "resign or be fired". In the world of Human Resources it's, unfortunately, common to allow disgraced employees to resign in lieu of being fired--especially if they're men--to allow them to save face.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the outcry from Harvard was pretty loud. He had no choice I am sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results