shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, no academics have said "white men to be castrated and fed to swine" and when you mischaracterize other people's views, you invalidate your own arguments.

The people whom you have "zero interest in their opinions" are the experts in their field. It's interesting that you have zero interest in anyone's opinions even if they know much more than you about the subject, or in this case what are the qualifications for a position, if they disagree with your views. I think you should stay in your bubble MORE. Maybe you should stop using the services of doctors, biologists virologists, architects, pilots, teachers, engineers as well, since many hold different views from you.

"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance." Benjamin Franklin
(I love Benjamin Franklin)

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we are going to keep talking about the tweet, let's at least post it in its entirety.

She didn't say "castrate all white men", or anything similar. She was specifically talking about the entitled white men (e.g. the Senate judiciary) justifying Kav's behavior.

"Look at thus chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement.

All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes."

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thank goodness Fox News was there to cover that story before the tweet vanished :rolleyes:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we are going to keep talking about the tweet, let's at least post it in it's entirety.

She didn't say "castrate all white men", or anything similar. She was specifically talking about the entitled white men (e.g. the Senate judiciary) justifying Kav's behavior.

"Look at thus chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement.

All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes."
Oh well that changes everything since it is only those people. :rolleyes: IOW you agree with her.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing how those in academia have responded to all things Chump/Republican, I have zero interest in their opinions ... especially when they call for “white men to be castrated and fed to swine”.

Er, I'd guess her to be as (or less) representative of academia in general, and those law professors in specific, as the Charlottesville white supremacists are of those who still identify themselves as Republicans.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thank goodness Fox News was there to cover that story before the tweet vanished :rolleyes:
Yes thank goodness someone did so we know what kind of people are teaching in universities.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, no academics have said "white men to be castrated and fed to swine" and when you mischaracterize other people's views, you invalidate your own arguments.

The people whom you have "zero interest in their opinions" are the experts in their field. It's interesting that you have zero interest in anyone's opinions even if they know much more than you about the subject, or in this case what are the qualifications for a position, if they disagree with your views. I think you should stay in your bubble MORE. Maybe you should stop using the services of doctors, biologists virologists, architects, pilots, teachers, engineers as well, since many hold different views from you.

"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance." Benjamin Franklin
(I love Benjamin Franklin)

I go to a doctor for medical care, an architect for blueprints, a pilot to fly me from point A to B, etc. I do NOT go to any of them for their ideology, indoctrination, or advice on politics ... unless we’re all just hanging out at a bar, having a few beers and tossing ice at each other.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we are going to keep talking about the tweet, let's at least post it in its entirety.

It would have been far more becoming for her to send a polite yet firm message to the rapists and rapist enablers on her Crane & Co. stationary

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A70C5B26-D3FE-4466-BE4C-1A48E6AE9986.png

Despite her poor choices of words, her statement is pretty clear and downright disgusting and discriminatory. So yea, I have zero interest in hearing anything this looney toon has to say because these are HER words (her private acct which reflects her own opinions). And I certainly don’t want nor need this (or any other) crazed feminist to speak for me as a woman.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how easily fox twists the simple minds of people to believe what they want.
The prof didn't " call for “white men to be castrated and fed to swine”." - she said rape apologists deserve miserable deaths, after which they can be castrated and fed to swine. Anyone who doesn't feel like rape apologists deserve terrible things sounds like they are probably drinking the rape apologist koolaid anyways.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would have been far more becoming for her to send a polite yet firm message to the rapists and rapist enablers on her Crane & Co. stationary

Better yet, she could have said nothing and continued to silently support powerful white men defending their own, while rape culture runs rampant. Because that's obviously totally fine, right???

Edit. I don't agree with her calling for anyone to die, just to clarify. But she, I, and thousands of women and men in the country are disgusted by this BS and are f*cking furious.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, one professor in an area unrelated to this controversy posted an abhorrent and aggravating tweet. I am surprised, and would not be surprised if she had professional consequences due to it. However, obviously! I don't think her views are at all representative of all professors or academics.
However, Law professors ARE where we go to learn about the law. That is WHO WE GO TO. So unless you think that the law has nothing to do with your life, and who is appointed to SCOTUS doesn't impact your life, why not consider, maybe, just maybe, that other people, like experts in their field might actually know what they are talking about?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone please point me to the evidence for which Prof. Fair has seen that proves Kavanaugh as a serial rapist? Or did she just subscribe to the “we believe all women because there is a # in front of their name” mentality?

@partgypsy I think you’re smart enough to know (even if you won’t admit it) that this professor is just one of many, many across this country who have extreme leftist views who are spreading their hateful vile in an attempt to indoctrinate students across college campuses - in and out of their classrooms.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone thinks it's a coincidence that highly educated people (like those on college campuses) tend to lean liberal, I have super neat bridge to sell you. It's the best bridge, believe me.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that this professor is just one of many, many across this country who have extreme leftist views who are spreading their hateful vile in an attempt to indoctrinate students across college campuses - in and out of their classrooms.
Educators are tasked with presenting a wide range of opinions to students to expose them to other ways of thinking and to challenge them to develop their own world view -- that's why educators are guaranteed, in most cases, that their free speech won't be infringed upon by their employers. Indoctrination is the last thing any educator attempts. They try challenge the indoctrination that parents and religious leaders have instilled in an effort to help students figure out how to achieve balanced views.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Georgetown-Professor-s/244708

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Educators are tasked with presenting a wide range of opinions to students to expose them to other ways of thinking and to challenge them to develop their own world view -- that's why educators are guaranteed, in most cases, that their free speech won't be infringed upon by their employers. Indoctrination is the last thing any educator attempts. They try challenge the indoctrination that parents and religious leaders have instilled in an effort to help students figure out how to achieve balanced views.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Georgetown-Professor-s/244708
:lol:

So they are providing balanced opinions these institutions that organize against conservative speakers on campus or these professors that tweet horrible things or go to protests where they assault people?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
See, the thing is, that when one, apparently somewhat unstable woman on the left--who will likely lose her job over this--says something stupid, Fox et al have no choice but to jump on it and amplify it to 1000 times its significance to try to distract from the hourly barrage of lies, vitriol, misogyny, racism and illegality flowing from our elected representatives on the right.

So definitely, conservatives, save your kids - keep them out of higher education- they should definitely hold out for those clean coal mining jobs that will be along any day now.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Educators are tasked with presenting a wide range of opinions to students to expose them to other ways of thinking and to challenge them to develop their own world view ...

But that is not what is happening ... students are not being presented “all sides” fairly. Furthermore, they’re being penalized when they choose an alternative view to that which aligns with their professors.

For example: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/liberal-indoctrination-on-campus-not-working/

Further: https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2017/08/07/yes-campus-indoctrination-is-real/
What that study showed more than anything is that Bowdoin’s left-wing bias was all pervasive. It wasn’t conveyed just by a few dozen hard-core leftist faculty members, though they did their part. It was embedded in the curriculum as a whole, residence life, extra-curricular activities, pronouncements from the college president, self-declared college crises, invited speakers, student awards, and more. And just as important, that bias was made to seem normal by the absence or near absence of alternative views. It doesn’t feel like “bias” if you are surrounded with people who all agree. The courses not offered, the professors not appointed, the speakers not invited, the student clubs that are not formed: the nots are the real key to campus bias, especially because they are usually invisible to the students.

At one Bowdoin event, a student stood up and half-in-resentment, half-in-perplexity, challenged me: “We have everything we could possibly want at Bowdoin. What’s missing?” He had absolutely no clue as to what ideas and opinions existed outside the “Bowdoin bubble.”
But taken all in all, contemporary American higher education does indoctrinate students in progressive ideology. And it does it so well that most of the graduates don’t even realize it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See, the thing is, that when one, apparently somewhat unstable woman on the left--who will likely lose her job over this--says something stupid, Fox et al have no choice but to jump on it and amplify it to 1000 times its significance to try to distract from the hourly barrage of lies, vitriol, misogyny, racism and illegality flowing from our elected representatives on the right.

So definitely, conservatives, save your kids - keep them out of higher education- they should definitely hold out for those clean coal mining jobs that will be along any day now.
I'm sure Roseanne thinks the same thing after her apology.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So they are providing balanced opinions these institutions that organize against conservative speakers on campus or these professors that tweet horrible things or go to protests where they assault people?
I did not say they are "providing balanced opinions." I said they sometimes provide challenging and controversial ideas, some of which may be opposite what their students have been exposed to -- in an effort to teach students how to develop a balanced view. The rest of what you've said doesn't merit a response.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But that is not what is happening ... students are not being presented “all sides” fairly. Furthermore, they’re being penalized when they choose an alternative view to that which aligns with their professors.
You post 2 articles from biased conservative entities as an attempt to prove your assertion? Didn't work.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You post 2 articles from biased conservative entities as an attempt to prove your assertion? Didn't work.

Did you even read them?

You’re free to post alternative positions.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I cannot possibly like this enough. The idea that colleges are "indoctrinating" students is one of the dumbest straw men arguments that the right has ever come up with. DONT GET AN EDUCATION! CRITICAL THINKING = BAD!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you even read them?

You’re free to post alternative positions.
I scanned them enough to get the gist. I have no desire to post alternative positions. There's no value in doing so, merely perpetuates the partisan divide.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not say they are "providing balanced opinions." I said they sometimes provide challenging and controversial ideas, some of which may be opposite what their students have been exposed to -- in an effort to teach students how to develop a balanced view. The rest of what you've said doesn't merit a response.
That's fine but shutting out other views is not.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot possibly like this enough. The idea that colleges are "indoctrinating" students is one of the dumbest straw men arguments that the right has ever come up with. DONT GET AN EDUCATION! CRITICAL THINKING = BAD!

Who said people shouldn’t get an education? :confused:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock

For example: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/liberal-indoctrination-on-campus-not-working/

Further: https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2017/08/07/yes-campus-indoctrination-is-real/

Um, that study was put in motion and funded at a right wing think tank by someone who- I'm not joking, was angry that Barry Mills (the bowling president at the time) talked during his backswing. There's quite a bit out there on it - it's a joke.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results