shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn’t it his business to listen to his constituents?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they didn’t. Yelling like a wild banshee at me for something I did not do and precluding me from going about my business, holding me hostage in an elevator like they did him, I’d have probably clocked one or both of them ... unapologetically.

But of course he can't do that. Not that I would want him to anyway. He must take it and since he is a white man he must be put in his place with his head down while the woman screams at him. Because he has it coming after all. Though he missed being a triple header because he is not old.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But of course he can't do that. Not that I would want him to anyway. He must take it and since he is a white man he must be put in his place with his head down while the woman screams at him. Because he has it coming after all.

Ah, the favorite straw man argument of the right. If a woman demands equitable treatment, she must be an evil femnazi ready to chop off a man’s balls because she demands special treatment, aka equal pay for equal work.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, the favorite straw man argument of the right. If a woman demands equitable treatment, she must be an evil femnazi ready to chop off a man’s balls because she demands special treatment, aka equal pay for equal work.
Sorry there's posts right in this thread that says old white men have it coming. It's all over the internet too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they didn’t. Yelling like a wild banshee at me for something I did not do and precluding me from going about my business, holding me hostage in an elevator like they did him, I’d have probably clocked one or both of them ... unapologetically.

Wow. You heard these two women and your first thought was to clock them? Please give your daughters my phone number. They will definitely need someone like me in their lives during their teens and twenties.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you serious right now? For all your intellectual grandstanding, one would think that you had grasped the basic understanding that the senate works for US, not the other way around.

Yes. I do think it affected Flake. He was visibly upset and I think he did the right thing. I respect what he did and I’m sure he’s dealing with a lot of renegade conservatives who think along your lines. Probably why his speaking engagement in Boston was postponed.

And stop with the “kavanaugh was probably embarrassed that farting was brought up.” You KNOW that is bullshit. He was a senior in high school. It was biologically impossible he hadn’t farted yet. SERIOUSLY? “Have you boofed yet?” You really think his friends meant “Have you farted yet” at age 18???

Jesus.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But was ok for kav to yell and scream at his hostage audience :naughty:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and obviously that must mean there’s no merit to the demand for equal pay and an end to sexual assault, harassment, etc.
No. It means that stamping your feet and throwing a tantrum works on Flake obviously. Public shaming is something I need to brush up on so I can look like a child. But I have no Dems in office where I live to harass, not that I would if I did.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. It means that stamping your feet and throwing a tantrum works on Flake obviously. Public shaming is something I need to brush up on so I can look like a child. But I have no Dems in office where I live to harass, not that I would if I did.

I guess we have a different definition of harassment and public shaming. :angryfire:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it known for a fact they were his constituents? Protestors are crawling through that building like cockroaches anymore so one cannot be sure.

Heaven forbid you be empathetic and feel someone else’s pain.
If someone cannot treat me with respect, they do not get mine in return. And cornering someone like that, yelling in their face, obstructing them from trying to do his job ... NOT respectful. Do like everyone else - make an appointment to discuss the matter, or maybe write him a confidential letter.

Wow. You heard these two women and your first thought was to clocked them? Please give your daughters my phone number. They will definitely need someone like me in their lives during their teens and twenties.

Yep, because I’d be triggered as a result of my own attack. And apparently, being a victim gives me the right to do just about anything, apparently.

And no, you definitely don’t need my kids’ telephone numbers, nor do they need ‘someone like you’ around them. They are intelligent, independent thinkers who don’t make excuses for treating others poorly because of their genitalia or skin color. :roll:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But was ok for kav to yell and scream at his hostage audience :naughty:

He was invited to speak; he didn’t corner the Senate and prevent them from going anywhere. Smidge different ...

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Apologies for the snarky reply. I’m riding the buzz from a sake tasting event. I hope no one thinks I deserve to be sexually assaulted as a result.

Anyway, I’m glad that you don’t approve of those women and I’m happy you think they’re being brats. The point of protest and civil disobedience is to make people uncomfortable. Would the suffragettes have been better penning polite letters to their representatives instead of taking to the streets? Perhaps Rosa Parks should’ve written a firmly worded letter to the public transit authorities?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Washington Post issued a story that the American Bar Association had concerns regarding Kavanaugh years ago.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it known for a fact they were his constituents? Protestors are crawling through that building like cockroaches anymore so one cannot be sure.
Splitting hairs, me thinks. Any citizen of this country has the right to communicate with any elected representative regardless of who lives in which state.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies for the snarky reply. I’m riding the buzz from a sake tasting event. I hope no one thinks I deserve to be sexually assaulted as a result.

Anyway, I’m glad that you don’t approve of those women and I’m happy you think they’re being brats. The point of protest and civil disobedience is to make people uncomfortable. Would the suffragettes have been better penning polite letters to their representatives instead of taking to the streets? Perhaps Rosa Parks should’ve written a firmly worded letter to the public transit authorities?
I don't approve of those ambush tactics at all. Rosa Parks sat in a bus seat and the suffragettes marched. They did not get in people's faces screaming. It's the persistent protest that gets taken seriously, not the raving lunatics screaming.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't approve of those ambush tactics at all. Rosa Parks sat in a bus seat and the suffragettes marched. They did not get in people's faces screaming.

Ok, let us know the acceptable forms of protest and we’ll get right on it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, let us know the acceptable forms of protest and we’ll get right on it.
I don't care how you protest. But I will give my opinion on it. I am all for protests but not that kind. You do you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If someone cannot treat me with respect, they do not get mine in return. And cornering someone like that, yelling in their face, obstructing them from trying to do his job ... NOT respectful. Do like everyone else - make an appointment to discuss the matter, or maybe write him a confidential letter.

Yep, because I’d be triggered as a result of my own attack. And apparently, being a victim gives me the right to do just about anything, apparently.

And no, you definitely don’t need my kids’ telephone numbers, nor do they need ‘someone like you’ around them. They are intelligent, independent thinkers who don’t make excuses for treating others poorly because of their genitalia or skin color. :roll:

I seriously think you need help.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
civil disobedience

That’s the problem, there is nothing ‘civil’ about what these protestors are doing ... they are obstructionists, and when I see that kind of behavior, any hope you/they have for being heard (by me) is lost.

If I want to hear a bunch of crying and screaming, I’ll go to a daycare center. :hand:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those women were not lunatics shouting in a disrespectful way. They were emotional and you can clearly hear it in their voices. First woman stated she was at Flake's office the week prior. To characterize them as @the_mother_thing and @redwood66 are doing is beyond the pale.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: “I don’t care. I mean, I care enough to tell you what I think. But don’t take that to mean I really care, because I don’t!”
What is this supposed to mean?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s the problem, there is nothing ‘civil’ about what these protestors are doing ... they are obstructionists, and when I see that kind of behavior, any hope you/they have for being heard (by me) is lost.

If I want to hear a bunch of crying and screaming, I’ll go to a daycare center. :hand:

I know, right? Those sexual assault victims really need to get it together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results