shape
carat
color
clarity

List of MMD / Laboratory Grown Diamond sellers

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Do we have a list of the LGD vendors who offer trade-in policies? I know DBL, Distinctive Gem and James Allen - are there others??

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we have a list of the LGD vendors who offer trade-in policies? I know DBL, Distinctive Gem and James Allen - are there others??

I no longer see the upgrade policy on Distinctive Gem's website. Best to double-check with Rhino.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I no longer see the upgrade policy on Distinctive Gem's website. Best to double-check with Rhino.

Just wanted to chime in that I checked with him two weeks ago and he confirmed the upgrade policy is still in place (lab only, contact him for details). For whatever reason, it’s not displayed on the website, though.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to chime in that I checked with him two weeks ago and he confirmed the upgrade policy is still in place (lab only, contact him for details). For whatever reason, it’s not displayed on the website, though.

I’d suggest getting the confirmation in an email just in case esp. if it’s not showing on the website.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I personally wouldn't trust in ANY upgrade policy. Just in the past 3-4 years I have been visiting this forum, several vendors just changed or totally cancelled their upgrade policies.
It's something that I wouldn't count on (excluding big box names like James Allen - they are most likely to uphold an upgrade policy - but they also have the least special diamonds ;-))

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
As a newbee looking at Lab grown diamonds, and enjoying the search, do any of you know of European vendors selling them?? I know James Allen and others ship to Europe, but duty and tax can add another 25% plus onto the price, which makes them rather expensive, so hoping European based vendors may not have that restriction.
Thanks

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, I just re-read all 5 pages and I don't think I saw anyone list Lauren B Jewelry. Their "antique" cuts are antique cushion cuts!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Moissanite Co just started offering lab diamonds as well. Round only at this point, but oval, emerald and cushion in the future. Colorless or near colorless, so kind of generic parameters, but they're all 3x cut and VS clarity. I believe all are IGI certified.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
As a newbee looking at Lab grown diamonds, and enjoying the search, do any of you know of European vendors selling them?? I know James Allen and others ship to Europe, but duty and tax can add another 25% plus onto the price, which makes them rather expensive, so hoping European based vendors may not have that restriction.
Thanks

Even after VAT the diamonds from JA etc are the best prices you can find. I live in Finland and I have already bought 11 diamonds from JA (mostly mined). I feel that I have learned to “read” their videos which makes me stick with them.

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
This is prob a silly question. If you’re looking for a round brilliant diamond, does it matter which vendor? As long as it’s certified and you’re happy w the grading (color, clarity, cut, table depth, etc).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is prob a silly question. If you’re looking for a round brilliant diamond, does it matter which vendor? As long as it’s certified and you’re happy w the grading (color, clarity, cut, table depth, etc).
Table and depth are rejection not selection tools :)

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
Table and depth are rejection not selection tools :)

Yes - I stand corrected. My question is really - does it matter which vendor if the diamond is certified (and it’s not a fancy cut).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes - I stand corrected. My question is really - does it matter which vendor if the diamond is certified (and it’s not a fancy cut).

Vendors are not certified (other than we have criteria to allow vendors to list on PS and have removed vendors from Pricescope listings i the past when we were not happy with their services)

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
Vendors are not certified (other than we have criteria to allow vendors to list on PS and have removed vendors from Pricescope listings i the past when we were not happy with their services)

Ok -maybe third time is the charm. I mean if the diamond is certified by GIA, IGI, GCAL.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

My answer: It depends. Virtual inventory diamonds (those carried by multiple vendors who do not actually own the diamonds) can be tricky - sometimes they've already sold, or the vendor is unable to secure the diamond for the price they say they are. Generally, I'd be fine trying to buy a virtual inventory diamond from whoever is selling it the cheapest *and* has a decent return policy.

Ritani, for example, has a policy that they only accept two returns per household per year. Good for them! Helps keep their prices lower.

Some vendors offer upgrade programs (which vary greatly), and if you wish to utilize that, selecting a vendor for that may be a consideration. Usually the diamond will cost a little more, but there is a better chance of getting a large amount of what you paid back towards a larger diamond in the future. *These can change though and should not be considered 100% reliable.

I despise returns with a burning passion, so I tend to be willing to pay more to buy a diamond from a trusted vendor who can look at it in person and give me their trusted opinion before it makes its way to me. If I know *exactly* what I want and what I'm looking for, then I'm a bit more willing to take a "risk" with a different vendor.

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
My answer: It depends. Virtual inventory diamonds (those carried by multiple vendors who do not actually own the diamonds) can be tricky - sometimes they've already sold, or the vendor is unable to secure the diamond for the price they say they are. Generally, I'd be fine trying to buy a virtual inventory diamond from whoever is selling it the cheapest *and* has a decent return policy.

Ritani, for example, has a policy that they only accept two returns per household per year. Good for them! Helps keep their prices lower.

Some vendors offer upgrade programs (which vary greatly), and if you wish to utilize that, selecting a vendor for that may be a consideration. Usually the diamond will cost a little more, but there is a better chance of getting a large amount of what you paid back towards a larger diamond in the future. *These can change though and should not be considered 100% reliable.

I despise returns with a burning passion, so I tend to be willing to pay more to buy a diamond from a trusted vendor who can look at it in person and give me their trusted opinion before it makes its way to me. If I know *exactly* what I want and what I'm looking for, then I'm a bit more willing to take a "risk" with a different vendor.

Makes sense! Thank you for your thorough and well-thought- out response. Much appreciated

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Ivy and Rose also seem to be listing some lab diamond/ lab diamond jewelry

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Is WF selling LGD now? Saw this on their Instagram AA199D1A-EE05-4DF6-B3B3-6B709D0C5385.png

Whatttttt OMG!!
Edited to add, I just saw this further detail on their website:

Lab Grown Diamonds – The Whiteflash Way​

To support customers looking for lab grown diamonds, Whiteflash is currently stocking a small, carefully vetted inventory of the finest lab created diamonds. With our expertise in cut quality, the lab diamonds we stock have proven light performance. They are certified Hearts and Arrows Ideal Cut, and at the top of the scale in terms of color and clarity (DEFG color VVS1 -VS1).
Each lab grown Diamond we offer comes with a grading report from the International Gemological Laboratories verifying that they are Hearts and Arrows and that they are “As Grown” with no post-growth treatments having been applied. Each diamond is inscribed LG with the report number. Please see samples of these fine lab grown diamonds on our natural vs lab grown diamonds page.
*Please Note: Lab Created Diamonds are not eligible for our life time trade-up and one year buy back benefits.

Last edited:

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Whatttttt OMG!!
Edited to add, I just saw this further detail on their website:

Lab Grown Diamonds – The Whiteflash Way​

To support customers looking for lab grown diamonds, Whiteflash is currently stocking a small, carefully vetted inventory of the finest lab created diamonds. With our expertise in cut quality, the lab diamonds we stock have proven light performance. They are certified Hearts and Arrows Ideal Cut, and at the top of the scale in terms of color and clarity (DEFG color VVS1 -VS1).
Each lab grown Diamond we offer comes with a grading report from the International Gemological Laboratories verifying that they are Hearts and Arrows and that they are “As Grown” with no post-growth treatments having been applied. Each diamond is inscribed LG with the report number. Please see samples of these fine lab grown diamonds on our natural vs lab grown diamonds page.
*Please Note: Lab Created Diamonds are not eligible for our life time trade-up and one year buy back benefits.

Wow! Look at that. Thanks for finding that.

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely late to this party, but I searched the thread and did not see Grown Brilliance.

They sell loose stones as well as pre-made jewelry. :bigsmile:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely late to this party, but I searched the thread and did not see Grown Brilliance.

They sell loose stones as well as pre-made jewelry. :bigsmile:

I’ve bought a five stone, shared prong ring from them. One of the stones wiggled after a few weeks of wear, but it was a super easy and cheap fix at my local jeweler. They tend to have really good prices on some pieces.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Commenting to point out that Art of Jewels has confirmed they will upgrade lab diamonds as long as the new purchase is 2x the amount.

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
In Feb 2021, I was sent an email by Brian Gavin Diamonds stating, "...we do not house, source or sell lab created diamonds, as our company does not stand by them, and it goes against what we are known for. We specialize specifically in super Ideal Hearts and Arrows Diamonds that are naturally formed from the earth. We typically do not set or work with lab created diamonds."

However, yesterday I saw that not only do they now house, source, sell, set, AND work with LCDs, they even have a branded line! When I inquired about the change in policy, I was told that it due to "...feedback from clients and Brian's expertise in creating a branded stone cut to our exacting standard [...]."

All of that to say....we can add another jeweler to this growing list!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
In Feb 2021, I was sent an email by Brian Gavin Diamonds stating, "...we do not house, source or sell lab created diamonds, as our company does not stand by them, and it goes against what we are known for. We specialize specifically in super Ideal Hearts and Arrows Diamonds that are naturally formed from the earth. We typically do not set or work with lab created diamonds."

However, yesterday I saw that not only do they now house, source, sell, set, AND work with LCDs, they even have a branded line! When I inquired about the change in policy, I was told that it due to "...feedback from clients and Brian's expertise in creating a branded stone cut to our exacting standard [...]."

All of that to say....we can add another jeweler to this growing list!

Haha I feel like a lot of this has happened. Demand creates supply! Money talks!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Am I missing any?

Please add to the list or comment as necessary! :))
Whiteflash has been offering lab diamonds to our customers on a special request basis for a while now, and we have just launched our in-house Precision Lab brand.

Info can be found here:
https://www.whiteflash.com/precision-cut-lab-grown-diamonds/

Search page and catalogue here:

Thank you!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I got a cool ring from The Ring Pal, and it's a lab-created diamond. They are one of the reliable MMD and laboratory-grown diamond sellers. They offer free shipping worldwide which is always a bonus. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a quality MMD or laboratory-grown diamond.

I think they do moissenite only.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think they do moissenite only.

This guy is not a valid PSr. Just trying to sell on this site. They have been reported since they are posting on just about every post trying to hawk their stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results