shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
The stone appears darker and warmer to my eyes in the setting I got from Etsy and the prongs don’t look symmetrical to me but it is travel jewelry and I’m ok with that.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
They have loose 1ct princess cuts on the site. Interesting! They are branching out, it seems.
I would love some loose 2ct step cuts :twisted2:

Same…

Interesting that there do not seem to be big announcements any more. First the basic collection at $500/ct, now princess cuts...

2B2

Rough_Rock
They have loose 1ct princess cuts on the site. Interesting! They are branching out, it seems.
I would love some loose 2ct step cuts :twisted2:

Would love step cuts, chunky cushions and ovals! I’ve never gravitated towards princess cuts but it’s tempting to see if one could work … maybe toi and moi ring?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t like princess stones but emeralds cuts would get my wallet out!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lightbox currently have 20% off selected earrings if anyone is interested, only valid for a few days.
Use code EARRINGS20

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Lightbox stop selling 2ct pink solitaire pendants?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Just picked up the ring I had my Lightbox 2.0 carat set in. Setting was purchased from Etsy. Jeweler weighed the stone at 1.99 carats and appraised the color/clarity as H/VS2.

AF339BBD-614D-4C52-ACDC-E3CE071A33DA.jpeg

Attachments

• DEABF27E-ED27-425C-B4E6-D596C0C3433F.jpeg
    DEABF27E-ED27-425C-B4E6-D596C0C3433F.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 91F2571E-5187-4B39-9CE5-580E17F4D4DC.jpeg
    91F2571E-5187-4B39-9CE5-580E17F4D4DC.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 36

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
A couple indoor photos. It definitely shows more color than my G engagement ring but it’s very pretty. A tad irked that it’s not actually 2 carats

Just picked up the ring I had my Lightbox 2.0 carat set in. Setting was purchased from Etsy. Jeweler weighed the stone at 1.99 carats and appraised the color/clarity as H/VS2.

F4DF6C2E-C8BD-4F41-8F05-5D0653A4BFA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 5316E1E5-5FD8-4F2E-869B-5A1D25AE50E6.jpeg
    5316E1E5-5FD8-4F2E-869B-5A1D25AE50E6.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 23

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Jax172

It is beautiful!!! Enjoy that sparkler!!:appl:

Reactions: dvj

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
I have bought-returned and then ordered loose lab grown diamonds in comparable (sometimes better cuts and quality) from outside of the lightbox brand. They aren't the cheapest in the market, plus if you need to get that certificate and create a piece for keepsake/resale, then costs add up fast

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
@bv_jewels all good points! I have been happy with my studs but agree that not having a certification or being able to choose individual cut/clarity/color is very limiting. I didn’t care too much for my earrings but for a ring I definitely want to be able to have stricter criteria!

For those who are looking to purchase there are some recent codes for good discounts on the Lightbox site:

Spend $‌1,000 for 10% off with code SAVE10

Spend $‌1,500 for 15% off with code SAVE15

Spend $‌2,000 for 20% off with code SAVE20

MinnesotaSparkles

Rough_Rock
I just received my engagement ring appraisal from the jeweler and my LB stone came in as 2.07 carats, VVS2, and the color graded as F! I was happily surprised and thought I’d share for others considering one right now. (James Allen set the diamond but wouldn’t provide an appraisal because I provided the diamond. I went to one of the more traditional jewelers in town who only sells GIA diamonds and worried a bit about what they might say.)

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I just received my engagement ring appraisal from the jeweler and my LB stone came in as 2.07 carats, VVS2, and the color graded as F! I was happily surprised and thought I’d share for others considering one right now. (James Allen set the diamond but wouldn’t provide an appraisal because I provided the diamond. I went to one of the more traditional jewelers in town who only sells GIA diamonds and worried a bit about what they might say.)

Wow, I've never heard of anyone getting such a high color / high clarity stone before from LB, except from the finest range they have. The LB stones I purchased were definitely lower color than G, I'm guessing I or J, as I can see warmth and yellow in them face-up. You won the lottery!

MinnesotaSparkles

Rough_Rock
Wow, I've never heard of anyone getting such a high color / high clarity stone before from LB, except from the finest range they have. The LB stones I purchased were definitely lower color than G, I'm guessing I or J, as I can see warmth and yellow in them face-up. You won the lottery!

I know, I was surprised! I’m admittedly not a diamond expert, so I knew that it faced up more white than my precious I colored diamond, but was surprised to see F. I think its just a happy accident!

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Loose 2 carat pink stones are available now.

oooh. I have a 1.75 carat pink round that is gorgeous. I'm going to resist this, but excited to see everyone else's!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Gosh I’m tempted by the pink but I’m so afraid of it looking orange/ peachy. Are there brick and mortar stores selling the lightbox loose diamonds?

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Gosh I’m tempted by the pink but I’m so afraid of it looking orange/ peachy. Are there brick and mortar stores selling the lightbox loose diamonds?

This is mine. It looks slightly salmon/peachy in some lighting, pink in most lighting. To me, it does not look orange:

Jgramm

Rough_Rock
My loose 2ct came in today! Unfortunately, I went looking for help from my local jeweler and got none. I asked if he’d take a look at the stone, verify it reads as diamond, measure diameter, and give a rough estimate on color. I offered to pay and leave it, but explained I’m not looking for certification just his opinion. He said it looks fine and is probably consistent with what the seller told me. I told him I was only given a color range and I’m looking to have it set. He asked where I got it, I told him. He said they sell lab diamonds of much better quality if I’m interested but he’d prefer not set this one. Even my 12 year old son asked why that guy was rude about my diamond. Have any of you experienced anything like this? Anyway, here’s my stone loose. If I keep it any recommendations for someone to set it? EB8CA14E-FE94-4F5B-9EE5-0162153BE90A.jpeg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My loose 2ct came in today! Unfortunately, I went looking for help from my local jeweler and got none. I asked if he’d take a look at the stone, verify it reads as diamond, measure diameter, and give a rough estimate on color. I offered to pay and leave it, but explained I’m not looking for certification just his opinion. He said it looks fine and is probably consistent with what the seller told me. I told him I was only given a color range and I’m looking to have it set. He asked where I got it, I told him. He said they sell lab diamonds of much better quality if I’m interested but he’d prefer not set this one. Even my 12 year old son asked why that guy was rude about my diamond. Have any of you experienced anything like this? Anyway, here’s my stone loose. If I keep it any recommendations for someone to set it? EB8CA14E-FE94-4F5B-9EE5-0162153BE90A.jpeg

The cut looks nice to me from your picture. How do you like the color?

Jgramm

Rough_Rock
The cut looks nice to me from your picture. How do you like the color?

It’s a little warmer than I prefer, but I think it would face up beautifully. The pic from my phone doesn’t capture the color very well. Compared with other stones I have my best guess is H-I which is in line with my expectations.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Not being over the 1.999ct hurdle will not be a pricing issue in years to come as LGD will detach from the pricing rules applied to natural diamonds.

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
Not being over the 1.999ct hurdle will not be a pricing issue in years to come as LGD will detach from the pricing rules applied to natural diamonds.

you mean like a cost plus approach by LB? But what about the falling polished prices -- how does one make any money now selling / procuring these

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Sounds like he doesn’t want to legitimize LB diamonds.

Where are you located? Check Yelp for jeweler reviews and pay attention to the ones that say they brought in old jewelry to be reset and got friendly service. A review like that indicates the jeweler cares about the craft.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results