shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoors, under yellow light, black phone case.

83A1DFFE-6560-4919-B940-6B4B6683C534.jpeg

I’ve been looking at ideas for warm stones and finding mostly OMC beauties. But I did find this, which I like. Does anyone know if Sako is willing to work with a lab diamond, self-sourced like this? I feel like he’d be the perfect bench for recreating and tweaking this design, but I’ve not only never worked with him myself but don’t know what his ”rules” are.

7EC97543-532F-4BC0-95BE-39AA250454A2.jpeg

I have also been wondering about buying a larger LB diamond and getting it recut... I've wanted a larger OEC but just can't justify spending the money on a real one when I think about what CS I could get for that price. But I had a diamond recut and it was surprisingly inexpensive, so if the cutters are willing to work with self-sourced lab diamonds, you could probably buy a 2 ct, get it cut into an OEC or tweaked to a more ideal cut, and still not spend more than $2500 total, or perhaps even not more than $2000 total.

eta oh wait on reread I think you just mean if he'd work with you to set it, not to recut into an OMC. facepalm

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock

eta oh wait on reread I think you just mean if he'd work with you to set it, not to recut into an OMC. facepalm

You actually answered the second thought I was tossing around in my head, having this recut and wondering what kind of cost/loss of weight in the stone would be a part of that process.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I have also been wondering about buying a larger LB diamond and getting it recut... I've wanted a larger OEC but just can't justify spending the money on a real one when I think about what CS I could get for that price. But I had a diamond recut and it was surprisingly inexpensive, so if the cutters are willing to work with self-sourced lab diamonds, you could probably buy a 2 ct, get it cut into an OEC or tweaked to a more ideal cut, and still not spend more than $2500 total, or perhaps even not more than $2000 total.

Getting one recut into an OEC is a genius idea!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting one recut into an OEC is a genius idea!

The one issue I see is that a lot of the LB stones are shallow and a lot of OECs are deep, so you'd either be losing weight or cutting a shallower OEC that may not be what people want... but tbh at that price, do we really care?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
To make it easier for people to buy, here is the link!

Also, paging @DoeEyes !!!

LOL when I tell you I RAN HERE the second I saw the ad on Facebook! Why did it take Facebook so long to tell me?? Y'all have been talking about this for a week!

I have not been keeping tabs on the diamond world lately! Happily married now and working on making a baby ‍ so maybe a push present upgrade sometime next year! I still love my sweet little 7/8 ct but DSS set in almost immediately so I think a 2 ct is definitely in my future. I really should make it at least to our first anniversary before buying ANOTHER engagement ring though.

Love seeing these stones and what you're all doing with them!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Size 6. The prongs are barely noticeable in real life. It’s amazing how different things can look on camera.

And on that note, I’d like to clarify that I actually have the hands of a 20 year old hand model, lol.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Size 6. The prongs are barely noticeable in real life. It’s amazing how different things can look on camera.

And on that note, I’d like to clarify that I actually have the hands of a 20 year old hand model, lol.

It looks great! I just ordered the necklace. A little bummed that there’s literally one store in the entire state that sells Lightbox and therefore I had to pay $122 in taxes - the 10% off covered that plus a little extra.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

2B2

Rough_Rock
It looks great! I just ordered the necklace. A little bummed that there’s literally one store in the entire state that sells Lightbox and therefore I had to pay $122 in taxes - the 10% off covered that plus a little extra.

Should the loose stones go back in stock at some point? Debating on whether to get the 2 carat necklace for the stone but I hate to spend extra.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Should the loose stones go back in stock at some point? Debating on whether to get the 2 carat necklace for the stone but I hate to spend extra.

They should be restocked! I bought the necklace since I know I’ll wear it. Getting a loose stone is going to give me possibility paralysis at this point and I don’t need it sitting in my jewelry box.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I talked about it with my husband and he encouraged me to keep the loose stone. I’ll wait until after the holidays to set it though, need to let the jewelry project fund rebuild a bit.

I am still mulling over how I want to set it- I love a Tiffany style three stone and don’t have anything like that in my collection, and was considering either lab diamond or ruby sides- I found a vintage inspiration photo and a few of the current version.

7D040FD5-0E0D-4586-BFAD-678EF801CF71.png 2FFB2213-B793-4840-BD52-9029477441FE.png FB735489-4D98-4BC8-8CFE-C05E239E2E0F.png

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
I talked about it with my husband and he encouraged me to keep the loose stone. I’ll wait until after the holidays to set it though, need to let the jewelry project fund rebuild a bit.

I am still mulling over how I want to set it- I love a Tiffany style three stone and don’t have anything like that in my collection, and was considering either lab diamond or ruby sides- I found a vintage inspiration photo and a few of the current version.

7D040FD5-0E0D-4586-BFAD-678EF801CF71.png 2FFB2213-B793-4840-BD52-9029477441FE.png FB735489-4D98-4BC8-8CFE-C05E239E2E0F.png

I love the sapphire sides but you can’t go wrong with any of them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ruby. You don’t see them much!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

I love the top one and I have been contemplating getting something similar in the next year too! It’s so classic.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ruby. You don’t see them much!

Thanks! It’s my birthstone and my daughter’s as well, although I tend to prefer sapphire. I have some time to mull it over, and I will enjoy seeing everyone else’s projects in the meantime!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn’t help myself. I had to get one of these 2 carats to see for myself. I ordered a 2.5 carat precision cut OEC that is on its way right now too. My Jeweler said if I didn’t like it, he would just sell it on his website. I will have the two to compare to hopefully towards the end of the week.

Does anyone know if you can get the lab diamond out of that packaging w/o destroying it so you can return it...or does just the tag have to be on for it to be returned?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The loose stones come in a container that is easy to open and close without destroying the papers and stuff. The diamond does not have a tag that is on it. You can take it to the jeweler without worry it cant be returned.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
The loose stones come in a container that is easy to open and close without destroying the papers and stuff. The diamond does not have a tag that is on it. You can take it to the jeweler without worry it cant be returned.

So it seems like there’s no restocking fee if the packaging is fine and the stone isn’t damaged should you decide to return it, is that accurate?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
coupon code???

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used SMS10 for 10% off. There’s another one that also does 10% off.

Thank you!

I ORDERED ONE!!!!

I'm so excited. I thought strongly about the pendant but idk if I want a pendant or a ring and I'm allergic to nickel so I'm not sure if the setting it comes in would be good for me anyway. I seriously nearly ordered the pendant yesterday so glad these dropped today!

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

I ORDERED ONE!!!!

I'm so excited. I thought strongly about the pendant but idk if I want a pendant or a ring and I'm allergic to nickel so I'm not sure if the setting it comes in would be good for me anyway. I seriously nearly ordered the pendant yesterday so glad these dropped today!

Awesome!! I’m glad you saved yourself the expense and hassle of getting the necklace if you couldn’t really wear it.

I got the necklace because I have no idea what to do with a loose stone at this point (too many options) but I know I’ll wear a necklace.

Is anyone doing 4cttw earrings? I also have an allergy and can’t wear any metal in my ears but would love to live vicariously through others.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
The 2 carat just came back in stock and this thread is making it soooo hard for me to resist buying it... haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results