shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a sneak peek of another estate creature coming my way next week. I hope he looks good in person. Mr. Catmom has been so generous lately I told him he could put him away for Christmas if he checks out. Here's hoping so cuz I love him!

Octopus1.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a sneak peek of another estate creature coming my way next week. I hope he looks good in person. Mr. Catmom has been so generous lately I told him he could put him away for Christmas if he checks out. Here's hoping so cuz I love him!

Octopus1.jpg

Ooh. He is so handsome and dapper
What a find!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Octopus1.jpg

O my gosh, he looks like quite the party animal. He reminds me of Elvis a bit :razz:

Will you be creating a separate or sub-collection for your sea animals?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O my gosh, he looks like quite the party animal. He reminds me of Elvis a bit :razz:

Will you be creating a separate or sub-collection for your sea animals?

LOL. I think I'm going to have to. I've seen some quite lovely turtles and fish.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Inspiration suddenly struck! I’m getting an emerald of mine set by a fantastic goldsmith that does amazing organic-looking hand carved settings. (collage includes an example of one of his works that I was particularly enamored with)

B9B4BF70-60EC-4931-A276-2A69D8E73DAE.jpeg

I absolutely love this style! I can't wait to see your finished project!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sorry for being an enabler but you def need a jelly fish!

Made out of similar crystal opals or blue/pink/purple sapphires!!

Swooooooon ❤️

Oh yes!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Octopus1.jpg

What fun!! Is this a brooch?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex I'm looking forward to seeing your design! Your spinel is quite special. She practically glows and had an almost magnetic pull.

I acquired a pink-red Mahenge spinel recently, but the next stones I'm getting set are other colors like blue, yellow, green.

Things I have in the works:
1) CRD large cocktail ring in medium toned "traffic light" colors.
2) Custom sapphire, ruby, diamond, emerald, and spinel ring to be revealed in its own thread.

Things I can't wait to get started on (only constrained by my financial limitations):
Paraiba rings and a heliodore custom project.
PXL_20210118_202533401.jpg
0E2A6325 small.JPG
Big and bold art deco? I've already decided on the layout and stones.

oh my I LOVE the Art Deco layout you have with the central yellow stone! I can’t wait to see that come to life!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
wow so many beautiful ones to choose from!

Indeed! I had no intent of buying anything but once I saw the tray I couldn’t resist.

Wow! :kiss2: I vote for the top stone on your finger - which also looks to be the left center stone in the tray. Beautiful!
Thanks! I can’t decide between the cushion or the round and it’s killing me...

voce

Ideal_Rock
Indeed! I had no intent of buying anything but once I saw the tray I couldn’t resist.

Are you sure you don't want to buy them both? :P2

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

That cushion :lickout:

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Hi PS!

Hoping to get my very first jewelry project for myself (a mens ring) going once Toronto is all vaccinated and reopened in September (as in-person consultation sounds like more fun!)

I got my mom and sister some colored stones last year (an unheated pastel blue sapphire and a pink jedi spinel) that they're getting rings made for so I'm going to join them in some designing and then we're likely going to get the same bench to work on our projects

I'm planning to set my red spinel in a classic platinum E-W design for emerald cut stones (but possibly with the bezel in 18k yellow gold to better highlight the red in the stone)

Stone:
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg

Inspiration:
IMG_1548.jpg

And here's the stone with it's uncut/rough sibling in terrible lighting:
IMG_3423.jpg

Open to any and all thoughts on the design and recommendations for local Toronto benches (especially ones that are good with bezels ;-)

Oh and I'll come back once I know my mom and sister's ideas for their rings :)

Best,

Attachments

• emcut1.jpeg
    emcut1.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 67

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I’d never buy another gem again, but I was at a very small gem show yesterday. Can I just say that Montana sapphire prices have gone through the roof!! I previously looked for small blue spinels but with the plethora of synthetics on the market and the crazy shipping times from overseas right now, I was at a dead end in making a three stone ring. I was therefore at the gem show and found this pretty pair of untreated 4mm pair of Montana sapphires. They were very reasonable in price and they sparkled like blue Diamond, so I’m on the way to making my three stone ring with this pink spinel.

I got them from Bernie’s Grms. They are based in South Carolina. They had some nice stones for fair prices. The pair cost $105 after tax.
8CB3AC58-C367-40F1-BBFA-8ADCC3A3EB84.jpeg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
If you were to choose the sparkliest, most colourful melee ever,to go with a 10x8 blue zircon, what stones/colour would you choose and where would you recommend buying them from?

I'm going to redo the shank on my zircon ring (make it less wide, with rounded edges) and I'd love for a colourful band to sit next to it. The zircon...
IMG_20191225_093711348.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I thought I’d never buy another gem again, but I was at a very small gem show yesterday. Can I just say that Montana sapphire prices have gone through the roof!! I previously looked for small blue spinels but with the plethora of synthetics on the market and the crazy shipping times from overseas right now, I was at a dead end in making a three stone ring. I was therefore at the gem show and found this pretty pair of untreated 4mm pair of Montana sapphires. They were very reasonable in price and they sparkled like blue Diamond, so I’m on the way to making my three stone ring with this pink spinel.

I got them from Bernie’s Grms. They are based in South Carolina. They had some nice stones for fair prices. The pair cost $105 after tax.
8CB3AC58-C367-40F1-BBFA-8ADCC3A3EB84.jpeg
That's awesome! A steal of a bargain and a great color combo, too! Since you posted on this thread, I'm hoping to see the finished product soon, not wait for years! :)

If you were to choose the sparkliest, most colourful melee ever,to go with a 10x8 blue zircon, what stones/colour would you choose and where would you recommend buying them from?

I'm going to redo the shank on my zircon ring (make it less wide, with rounded edges) and I'd love for a colourful band to sit next to it. The zircon...
I think that white diamond melees always make vivid stones such as this look better. Since you mentioned you wanted colorful melee as well as sparkly...

1) yellow diamonds (vivid or intense)
2) pink spinels
3) demantoid garnets (Russian color)
4) purple sapphires
5) pink sapphires

That would be my order of preference, aside from white diamonds, if the expense were no object. I think personally white diamonds would top all those CS melee choices.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
That's awesome! A steal of a bargain and a great color combo, too! Since you posted on this thread, I'm hoping to see the finished product soon, not wait for years! :)

I think that white diamond melees always make vivid stones such as this look better. Since you mentioned you wanted colorful melee as well as sparkly...

2) pink spinels
4) purple sapphires
5) pink sapphires

That would be my order of preference, aside from white diamonds, if the expense were no object. I think personally white diamonds would top all those CS melee choices.

Yellow diamonds were at the top of my (wish) list too :) (I'm thinking only really intense colour will scratch this particular itch). I'm not sure that diamonds are in the budget though.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

2) pink spinels
4) purple sapphires
5) pink sapphires

I agree w @voce. I was going to say pink spinels too. But I like the demantoid idea as well. Depends on what YOU like @Tartansparkles ! I happen to be a fan of blue/ pink, blue/ green (&green/pink!) Color combos though...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like warm and cool colors together, so I would do diamond cut pastel pink spinel melee, or pink garnets. Garnets in melee sizes can often be lighter than larger stones. Of course my favorite is demantoid, but those are two cool colors, and I think pink really sets off blue.

ETA: pink sapphires are good too, but just expect them to be diffused if they’re melee, and don’t overpay.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results