shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the pink pair look amazing with the emerald too; it almost looks like watermelon bubble gum lol. The red pair look a little too Christmas-y with the green, so I think I'll set the pink and green into a 3-stone ring. Not sure if I want to do N-S or E-W for more finger coverage!

Emerald Spinel.png

As far as the red pair, still debating if I want to set it with the gray spinel or go back to a cuff/bypass style ring idea. So many decisions...

I vote N-S, if your taking suggestions. :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three-stone emerald ring is done!
I hateeeee Dan's photos, but love his work haha
So I'm excited to see how it looks in person!

Like a line of glowing green mirror goodness!

il_794xN.2626814761_ooyr.jpg

Ooh, this looks gorgeous! I absolutely love that little swirl in the shank. :kiss2:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl ha ha I love that it is gorgeous. I thought my stones looked darker in the pics he sent me than I remembered lol was unaware he didn’t take “glamour” shots.
Looking forward to seeing this ring on your hand

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
My three-stone emerald ring is done!
I hateeeee Dan's photos, but love his work haha
So I'm excited to see how it looks in person!

Like a line of glowing green mirror goodness!

il_794xN.2626814761_ooyr.jpg

Love the swirl and engraved shank.
The emeralds aren’t bad either ;)2
Gorgeous :kiss2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Squeeeee
CAD in from Daniel M

he said it is computer generated so many look heavy and unfinished but will be highly polished and smooth

pretty excited what does everyone think

872524DC-0E96-4881-AF1C-BD244D92FECC.png 236DF39E-AD3E-4115-A2B1-413543531450.png FCB31C82-7CDF-4482-B9F8-BE72B828FE1B.png
Love the basket underneath that lets some light in

I saw this in Dan's shop, it's superb!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
My Daniel M ring is ready to ship.

I can’t wait to see how it looks on my hand. The stones don’t look super bright in these pics but I know they are.

I am calling it my star wars ring lol a red Jedi for the red lightsaber and a Paraiba for the blue lightsaber

Huge Star Wars nerd my son tells me the red lightsaber is actually used by the sith so not technically Jedi then we had an argument about whether Darth Vader was a jedi and on and on :roll2::lol-2:

Any hoo

DA3591BE-3059-4412-A8C5-D74D72BE5DDD.jpeg 53FBBC19-8EEA-4DCC-9458-826D62C841FA.jpeg
That came out beautifully. The vibrancy is outstanding.

Sooo I ended up buying another couple of stones, two of which could possibly work with these spinels to make a 5 stone ring :D

.50ct Russian Emerald (5.4 x 3.9mm, no oil)
Emerald.jpg

2.27 Burma Gray Spinel (8.7 x 6.7mm, has a slightly purple tint in some lighting)
Gray Spinel.jpg

Emerald cuts are probably my favorite shape, and I like both color combos. I'm really digging the idea of an Art Deco style bezel ring with the emerald or perhaps swoopy prongs with the spinel. Ahhh I can't decide!

That grey spinel is to die for. Where did you find it? :rodent:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
That grey spinel is to die for. Where did you find it? :rodent:

It was purchased from an IG seller named Nature de Colours based in Thailand. I purchased a lilac spinel from them during a flash sale and tried to get one of the gray spinels on sale but it was claimed already. The seller offered to show me some more stones on the following Monday when they were back in the office, and this was one of the ones they had in stock.

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think the pink pair look amazing with the emerald too; it almost looks like watermelon bubble gum lol. The red pair look a little too Christmas-y with the green, so I think I'll set the pink and green into a 3-stone ring. Not sure if I want to do N-S or E-W for more finger coverage!

Emerald Spinel.png

As far as the red pair, still debating if I want to set it with the gray spinel or go back to a cuff/bypass style ring idea. So many decisions...

North/South, break them up with a baguette diamond or white sapphire to kill the 'Christmas' vibe.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
It was purchased from an IG seller named Nature de Colours based in Thailand. I purchased a lilac spinel from them during a flash sale and tried to get one of the gray spinels on sale but it was claimed already. The seller offered to show me some more stones on the following Monday when they were back in the office, and this was one of the ones they had in stock.

Thank you so much. She says she is only selling to trade. But had beautiful stuff

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ivy and rose spinel project arrived

postage super fast it arrived faster than another item I ordered within Australia

love it diamonds really set off the spinel I was worried they wouldn’t have much sparkle being small but they

it’s so cloudy and rainy here so will try to get video tomorrow

excuse my poor dry hands

D8A27039-34D6-49BC-A2CA-3E2D56415C17.jpeg
928573C0-B1D1-499E-84C8-1E9452BB4B14.jpeg 8638613A-183D-466D-A9C2-CD3D3A3773A9.jpeg C3D2D05F-7D29-4EEC-B895-910F2722C9CC.jpeg

Wow, @Pennyc that is beautiful! I’ve been looking at that setting for my spinel, too. Did you have to send your stone to them? I think you’re not in the US, same as me, did it work OK with customs etc? Are you happy with the setting?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Snowdrop13 yep I am in Australia. I have not worn it yet it’s a birthday gift so I have to wait til this weekend :lol-2:
I am very happy with how it has turned out. It was very reasonably priced for the setting which has a little over .5 of a carat in diamonds
You can’t compare it to a hand made setting but at less than a 1/3 of the price I’m not complaining.
It took about 5-6 weeks to make which was on the longer side of what PS members had mentioned but they could be busy
Shipping was lightening fast I had it inside a week. Was seriously well packaged I didn’t think it was the ring the package was so large :mrgreen2:
HTH I would def buy from them again

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Snowdrop13 yep I am in Australia. I have not worn it yet it’s a birthday gift so I have to wait til this weekend :lol-2:
I am very happy with how it has turned out. It was very reasonably priced for the setting which has a little over .5 of a carat in diamonds
You can’t compare it to a hand made setting but at less than a 1/3 of the price I’m not complaining.
It took about 5-6 weeks to make which was on the longer side of what PS members had mentioned but they could be busy
Shipping was lightening fast I had it inside a week. Was seriously well packaged I didn’t think it was the ring the package was so large :mrgreen2:
HTH I would def buy from them again

Thank you @Pennyc that is a great review! I don’t have the budget or the nerve for a custom piece yet so I will likely go for an I and R setting in the end x

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just bought two stones - a sapphire and a spinel to set in pendants for my mom and sister! This has been a tough year for everyone...I already reached out to David Klass, hopefully he can pull it off for Xmas! The gems on our on the way to me now, so I can share photos when they arrive!

My mom loves blue, including deep blues - i am hoping this isn't *too* dark - I know it would be for many PSers, but it looked so moody and mysterious to me - but we will see! It was a great price (from Litnon) and I looooove how velvety it is!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.15.43 PM.png

I want it set N/S in a pendant like this one, not sure if I should do yellow or white gold..:

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.18.50 PM.png

For my sister - she LOVES purple, and she loves emerald cuts! I thought this one from Finewater was totally fun!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.18.14 PM.png

I was going to set it like this...also yellow gold!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.20.42 PM.png

in case anyone is curious and wants to see unset stones...I sent out inquiries to daniel M and david klass...i have never worked with either of them before, I may go for slightly different designs depending on who.

BUT here are the stones! emerald cuts don't quite do it for me, nor does purple...but it isn't for me, i think it is pretty and it is exactly what my sister asked for! the sapphire is really lovely. when it catches the light it has a beautiful glow. it is a gloomy overcast day.

but i am happy and hope they are too!

forgive my crummy photos and fingerprints on the stones - handling small stones is so hard!

IMG-3953.jpg IMG-3949.jpg IMG-3946.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
in case anyone is curious and wants to see unset stones...I sent out inquiries to daniel M and david klass...i have never worked with either of them before, I may go for slightly different designs depending on who.

BUT here are the stones! emerald cuts don't quite do it for me, nor does purple...but it isn't for me, i think it is pretty and it is exactly what my sister asked for! the sapphire is really lovely. when it catches the light it has a beautiful glow. it is a gloomy overcast day.

but i am happy and hope they are too!

forgive my crummy photos and fingerprints on the stones - handling small stones is so hard!

IMG-3953.jpg IMG-3949.jpg IMG-3946.jpg

Which jeweler you go with should depend, in part, on the design you have in mind. Since they're pendants, if you're desiring something simple, you should go with Daniel M, because he has a very quick turnaround time for simple projects at very competitive prices.

If you're thinking fancy and diamond encrusted, that's more a David Klass kind of aesthetic, and not to say Daniel can't do the same work, but David Klass has more experience with fancier styles.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Which jeweler you go with should depend, in part, on the design you have in mind. Since they're pendants, if you're desiring something simple, you should go with Daniel M, because he has a very quick turnaround time for simple projects at very competitive prices.

If you're thinking fancy and diamond encrusted, that's more a David Klass kind of aesthetic, and not to say Daniel can't do the same work, but David Klass has more experience with fancier styles.

Thanks for this. I actually decided to go with Daniel. I think you made a great recommendation- I want something simple and actually found images of pendants he’s done that I really liked! Sending stones off today!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, this looks gorgeous! I absolutely love that little swirl in the shank. :kiss2:

Thank you so much girl! ♥️
I wanted something different & fun with a bit of whimsy yet something that was still simple in form that let the emeralds do what they do best & I think I designed something that fits that craving!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl ha ha I love that it is gorgeous. I thought my stones looked darker in the pics he sent me than I remembered lol was unaware he didn’t take “glamour” shots.
Looking forward to seeing this ring on your hand

He takes great photos if we're talking about getting a quick visual of the overall piece, but no, I don't think that I would call them glamour shots by any means! Haha

Love working with him though & I love all of my Dan pieces! It's hard to make all colored stones look great in photographs. That's why I usually hate trying to take group or family pics of my collection; a few will shine and then some look blah.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Love the swirl and engraved shank.
The emeralds aren’t bad either ;)2
Gorgeous :kiss2:

Thank you! :cool2:
I wanted something with a bit of whimsy! Im excited to see that line of emerald goodness that the three stones make in person!
My green light saber!

Just a fun lil' three stone rang!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

100% agree!
♥️

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this. I actually decided to go with Daniel. I think you made a great recommendation- I want something simple and actually found images of pendants he’s done that I really liked! Sending stones off today!

That's a gorgeous lil' sapphire!
I hope that one is staying with you for greedy purposes!

*Cough cough pictures cough*

I love Dan & in my humble opinion he excels at simple designs and bezels but I've also had him do a few projects including melee that I also love and cherish plus he really has great prices for custom!

I can't wait to see your finished projects! Judging that I'm always cooking something up with Dan there's a good chance I'll see it on his Etsy before you even post images, but don't worry I'll keep my happy mouth shut lol

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That's a gorgeous lil' sapphire!
I hope that one is staying with you for greedy purposes!

*Cough cough pictures cough*

I love Dan & in my humble opinion he excels at simple designs and bezels but I've also had him do a few projects including melee that I also love and cherish plus he really has great prices for custom!

I can't wait to see your finished projects! Judging that I'm always cooking something up with Dan there's a good chance I'll see it on his Etsy before you even post images, but don't worry I'll keep my happy mouth shut lol

That sapphire is going to my lovely momma! But it is a stunner, isn’t it?? It’s small but mighty! And I’m so excited to work with him! I’ll definitely share photos

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Garnetgirl I agree with you that Dan does have great prices on custom! He does great work, too.

@Garnetgirl @Cerulean my only concern with Dan on custom work, is that more complex projects tend to get take longer to complete with Dan. I'm still waiting on the dragonfly to accompany my butterfly. I think I sent the stones back in July. There's more people on David's team, so DK might have a more consistent turnaround time. Also, Dan doesn't have access to hand engraving. I didn't know that until I requested engraving.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Garnetgirl I agree with you that Dan does have great prices on custom! He does great work, too.

@Garnetgirl @Cerulean my only concern with Dan on custom work, is that more complex projects tend to get take longer to complete with Dan. I'm still waiting on the dragonfly to accompany my butterfly. I think I sent the stones back in July. There's more people on David's team, so DK might have a more consistent turnaround time. Also, Dan doesn't have access to hand engraving. I didn't know that until I requested engraving.

Ah that is good to know. I’m sending a slightly more (but not terribly complex) ring to Dk, so
I’m excited to be able to try both of them!

thanks for sharing the details!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

*Just fyi, in the future don't forget the "the" in TheGarnetGirl, or else you're tagging another member. I feel so bad she's been tagged countless times when others have responded to me & I can imagine how frustrating that may be.*

& Yes Dan can take quite a bit but July to now? I've never had any of my projects take that long. That's a while! Have you communicated to him about it? Ive only had two deadlines before & they were for the fabrication of two pieces for other people in celebration and he made sure I received them in time. Other than those two times I always make sure to tell him that there is no rush for the pieces!

& Yes hand engraving is a true art and takes time to learn and perfect, from what I know he's a one man show (well him & his wife) and his pieces are cast. I couldn't imagine him keeping his prices the same with hand engraving. I've also used the term "engraving" for the designs that I have on my bands because I'm not sure what else to call them?!

For me personally he's the perfect mix of great prices and quality but for others who desire super refined hand engraved articulate pieces I would not recommend his shop.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl I have one of his simple bezel rings and I love it. I cannot wait to see the amazing work he has done on this bypass ring. I have been stalking his Etsy and IG looking at his recent work he just gets better and better. I would never hesitate to send a stone to him.

I am crap at taking pics of my rings as well. I need a class I think haha

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Just piping in on the DanielM recommendations. He's done a couple pairs of earrings for me that turned out great. Right now he's making a diamond and zircon bezeled pendant for me and then I have 2 rings for him to make. Definetly a fan.
For higher end pieces, I use DK, but you can't beat Dans prices on the fun stuff! :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl omg you're right, I have totally done it again by tagging the wrong person. No, I haven't reminded Dan in quite a while. In July I sent stones to Dan for 6 projects. He's completed 5 projects, so it's just the last one that I feel he's staying his feet on, but he's done a couple of setting projects after the first CAD on this last ring, and I'm still waiting on the second version of the CAD.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

Oh that is good to know. I hadn't asked but sort of assumed. I have a few pieces that I had to sit with to decide if I wanted engraving. Looking into independent engravers and I like the idea that there will be a uniformity in the engravings across my pieces if I go with one engraver.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Dan just sent my final listing pics of the pendant he made! I cannot wait to see it in person! The zircon I filched from an antique brooch I recently bought, and the diamond was my great grandmother's from 1922. 20201013_134238.jpg

Simple, sweet, & sentimental ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results