clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Will check that out, thanks!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
My ivy and rose spinel project arrived

postage super fast it arrived faster than another item I ordered within Australia

love it diamonds really set off the spinel I was worried they wouldn’t have much sparkle being small but they

it’s so cloudy and rainy here so will try to get video tomorrow

excuse my poor dry hands

D8A27039-34D6-49BC-A2CA-3E2D56415C17.jpeg 928573C0-B1D1-499E-84C8-1E9452BB4B14.jpeg 8638613A-183D-466D-A9C2-CD3D3A3773A9.jpeg C3D2D05F-7D29-4EEC-B895-910F2722C9CC.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haven’t started anything but have shortlisted the stones I want to prioritize for setting 8)

2CC60218-FB61-4701-B225-327A81198E3E.jpeg

Took some pics in different lighting to see what they look like. Tsavs, sapphire, and spinels
I vote for the box on the top left. =)2

All the gems are gorgeous, and the spinel on the top right is a show stopper no matter the lighting.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just bought two stones - a sapphire and a spinel to set in pendants for my mom and sister! This has been a tough year for everyone...I already reached out to David Klass, hopefully he can pull it off for Xmas! The gems on our on the way to me now, so I can share photos when they arrive!

My mom loves blue, including deep blues - i am hoping this isn't *too* dark - I know it would be for many PSers, but it looked so moody and mysterious to me - but we will see! It was a great price (from Litnon) and I looooove how velvety it is!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.15.43 PM.png

I want it set N/S in a pendant like this one, not sure if I should do yellow or white gold..:

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.18.50 PM.png

For my sister - she LOVES purple, and she loves emerald cuts! I thought this one from Finewater was totally fun!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.18.14 PM.png

I was going to set it like this...also yellow gold!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.20.42 PM.png

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@annagene12 what a lovely thoughtful idea do you want to adopt an Australian sister at all? :razz:
Love them both but particularly the sapphire please post pics when done

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12 what a lovely thoughtful idea do you want to adopt an Australian sister at all? :razz:
Love them both but particularly the sapphire please post pics when done

I absolutely will show pics! I’ll let you know if I ever have room for more in my family :lol:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ivy and rose spinel project arrived

postage super fast it arrived faster than another item I ordered within Australia

love it diamonds really set off the spinel I was worried they wouldn’t have much sparkle being small but they

it’s so cloudy and rainy here so will try to get video tomorrow

excuse my poor dry hands

D8A27039-34D6-49BC-A2CA-3E2D56415C17.jpeg 928573C0-B1D1-499E-84C8-1E9452BB4B14.jpeg 8638613A-183D-466D-A9C2-CD3D3A3773A9.jpeg C3D2D05F-7D29-4EEC-B895-910F2722C9CC.jpeg

Your ring is gorgeous! I love the spinel :kiss2:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @2Neezers I love the spinel so much. It’s colour is so gorgeous unfortunately it’s super rainy and cloudy this week but it’s heading out into the sun for a video as soon as it brightens up.

it’s small (.8 or so) I was worried about the halo being too big but the colour means that’s not a problem.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
My Daniel M ring is ready to ship.

I can’t wait to see how it looks on my hand. The stones don’t look super bright in these pics but I know they are.

I am calling it my star wars ring lol a red Jedi for the red lightsaber and a Paraiba for the blue lightsaber

Huge Star Wars nerd my son tells me the red lightsaber is actually used by the sith so not technically Jedi then we had an argument about whether Darth Vader was a jedi and on and on :roll2::lol-2:

Any hoo

DA3591BE-3059-4412-A8C5-D74D72BE5DDD.jpeg 53FBBC19-8EEA-4DCC-9458-826D62C841FA.jpeg

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I've been on a gem-buying frenzy this summer, and I ended up buying 2 pairs of emerald-cut neon Burmese spinels with very similar dimensions from the lovely @Desertrose.

The pair on the left is more of a hot pink, and the pair on the right are more slightly pinkish red.
Burma Spinels 1.jpg
Burma Spinels 2.jpg

I bought the red pair first, originally planning to make a bypass ring out of them. But then I bought the pink pair a few weeks later and kind of want to keep them all together... kind of like an ombre pink/red spinel set :love:

Have been trying to think of how to set them and like the idea of an offset vertical stack with a diamond halo RHR or a horizontal bar-set ring or pendant.

Emerald Cut Inspo Ring.jpg Inspo Ring 2.png

I have so many other stones I still want to set, including a trio of Paraibas from desertrose, but I keep reaching for these when I look at my collection. Figured I should set it first so I can wear it outside ;-)

Sooo I ended up buying another couple of stones, two of which could possibly work with these spinels to make a 5 stone ring :D

.50ct Russian Emerald (5.4 x 3.9mm, no oil)
Emerald.jpg

2.27 Burma Gray Spinel (8.7 x 6.7mm, has a slightly purple tint in some lighting)
Gray Spinel.jpg

Emerald cuts are probably my favorite shape, and I like both color combos. I'm really digging the idea of an Art Deco style bezel ring with the emerald or perhaps swoopy prongs with the spinel. Ahhh I can't decide!

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
My Daniel M ring is ready to ship.

I can’t wait to see how it looks on my hand. The stones don’t look super bright in these pics but I know they are.

I am calling it my star wars ring lol a red Jedi for the red lightsaber and a Paraiba for the blue lightsaber

Huge Star Wars nerd my son tells me the red lightsaber is actually used by the sith so not technically Jedi then we had an argument about whether Darth Vader was a jedi and on and on :roll2::lol-2:

Any hoo

DA3591BE-3059-4412-A8C5-D74D72BE5DDD.jpeg 53FBBC19-8EEA-4DCC-9458-826D62C841FA.jpeg

I just love bypass rings with different colored stones. This is just perfect and beautiful.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Sooo I ended up buying another couple of stones, two of which could possibly work with these spinels to make a 5 stone ring :D

Emerald.jpg

2.27 Burma Gray Spinel (8.7 x 6.7mm, has a slightly purple tint in some lighting)
Gray Spinel.jpg

Emerald cuts are probably my favorite shape, and I like both color combos. I'm really digging the idea of an Art Deco style bezel ring with the emerald or perhaps swoopy prongs with the spinel. Ahhh I can't decide!

Ive been getting into emerald cuts myself lately. That's a great color combination.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Emerald.jpg

Gray Spinel.jpg

Gorgeous gorgeous stones!

Are you dead set on a five-stone? If I were you, I'd make two three stone rings. One pair red/pink spinel with the emeralds, and the other with the gray spinel.

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock

Emerald.jpg

Gray Spinel.jpg

As an emerald cut lover, I love all of these!!!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous stones!

Are you dead set on a five-stone? If I were you, I'd make two three stone rings. One pair red/pink spinel with the emeralds, and the other with the gray spinel.

Not totally committed to the 5 stone idea, I just love seeing all that glowy pink goodness lol. I might just split them up like you suggested, since I think both could look really good!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm dying :kiss2: This is going to be my all Time favorite ring! White and yellow gold and the Jedi Spinels from @voce along with a chrysoberyl. Chrysoberyl has to be my all time favorite stone......
121012956_129319892225316_5266130256799225709_n.jpg 120845094_341573433580810_7077642114999806375_n.jpg

:appl:wow at that chrysoberyl! It's beautiful! I also think the engraving along the band looks very interesting and would like to see more of that. Assuming you don't have it yet, thus I will not jump the gun and ask for more pics, but I hope you'll share more pictures when you get it in hand!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok, sharing another one of my projects that is in progress. I have this lavender spinel project being handled by Enhoerning, due to complete in another week or two, and I'm waiting on another version of the dragonfly ring from Daniel M.
Lavender V2.jpg
The ring is going to features millgrain and a bright cut diamond halo. I'm kind of gambling with the pops of color (mint garnet and pink sapphire) off to the side. I've gambled before; hope this time it'll turn out well, too! Oh, here's the actual center stone (on right).
1602272420626.png

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
:appl:wow at that chrysoberyl! It's beautiful! I also think the engraving along the band looks very interesting and would like to see more of that. Assuming you don't have it yet, thus I will not jump the gun and ask for more pics, but I hope you'll share more pictures when you get it in hand!

Yes it' comes next week Tues or WEd I think.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Ok, sharing another one of my projects that is in progress. I have this lavender spinel project being handled by Enhoerning, due to complete in another week or two, and I'm waiting on another version of the dragonfly ring from Daniel M.
Lavender V2.jpg
The ring is going to features millgrain and a bright cut diamond halo. I'm kind of gambling with the pops of color (mint garnet and pink sapphire) off to the side. I've gambled before; hope this time it'll turn out well, too! Oh, here's the actual center stone (on right).
1602272420626.png

Looking forward to seeing the completed project =)2

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
I got my setting!! Cheri at MyGourmette on Etsy was truly wonderful and the ring is breathtaking. I really didn't expect it to look so dainty and pretty! And the craftspanship is excellent! That milgrain!!!

It sits very low on the finger, that's new for me, but it's definitely daily wear material.

IMG_3739.jpg

The shank tapers, it's thicker at the bottom and it doesn't shift at all. Here is how it looks with the Paraiba superimposed:

IMG_3737.jpg

Can't wait to have it set!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have decided to reset my pink tourmaline, it is currently set in a Daniel M setting of Sterling silver band and 14k rose gold head, the tarnishing on the silver drove me up a wall, I don’t have a lot of money, so I choose to reuse the current rose gold “mount” it is in, I actually really like that part, anyway here is the setting I choose, my jeweler has to make the current setting work on the band, I really like the setting but this will end up tri colored gold and now I am second guessing myself , guess I will wait and she how it turns out , FYI this is not my hand... 72B920D4-1F7A-46DE-A7BE-5A2B95103CBE.jpeg i

Attachments

• BB19B022-9659-4A0D-95EF-B7A792319030.jpeg
    BB19B022-9659-4A0D-95EF-B7A792319030.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 36

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I got my setting!! Cheri at MyGourmette on Etsy was truly wonderful and the ring is breathtaking. I really didn't expect it to look so dainty and pretty! And the craftspanship is excellent! That milgrain!!!

It sits very low on the finger, that's new for me, but it's definitely daily wear material.

IMG_3739.jpg

The shank tapers, it's thicker at the bottom and it doesn't shift at all. Here is how it looks with the Paraiba superimposed:

IMG_3737.jpg

Can't wait to have it set!
It looks like it’s going to be a very sweet everyday wear ring with a bit of a vintage vibe. Love it =)2

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Looking forward to seeing the completed ring. She’s a beautiful shade of pink.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Emerald.jpg

Gray Spinel.jpg

I’m totally in love with the pink / green combo. :kiss2: I feel like that emerald just pops in there.

Side note: those pink emeralds (set east west in your pics) are freaking stunning!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I’m totally in love with the pink / green combo. :kiss2: I feel like that emerald just pops in there.

Side note: those pink emeralds (set east west in your pics) are freaking stunning!

I think the pink pair look amazing with the emerald too; it almost looks like watermelon bubble gum lol. The red pair look a little too Christmas-y with the green, so I think I'll set the pink and green into a 3-stone ring. Not sure if I want to do N-S or E-W for more finger coverage!

Emerald Spinel.png

As far as the red pair, still debating if I want to set it with the gray spinel or go back to a cuff/bypass style ring idea. So many decisions...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results