shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s post our SI stones here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I was in a (upscale) mall jewelry store and out of curiosity, looked at their diamonds, especially their loose stones. *Oh my!*
23.gif
Most of the "SI1" stones had large black inclusions that were quite visible even to the naked eye. The salesclerk went crazy over my diamond and actually said, "OMG! Is it FLAWLESS?!" When I told her it was an SI2 she was incredulous. "WOW... it sure doesn''t look like our SI2s..." she said.

This, along with several PMs from (nervous) newbies, got me thinking that we need a thread to show off our gorgeous SI stones. New diamond buyers, whose only experience with SI stones is the mall, are of course nervous (and skeptical) about SI clarity. What better way to educate them on the beauty and value of our (carefully selected) SI diamonds than a thread devoted solely to these?

So, come on - let''s show off our SI beauties.
30.gif
Photos and specs, please!

Lynn

This is the magnified face shot of my diamond. It is totally, 100% eyeclean - even under close scrutiny. Under a loupe there are a few soft, small whitish wisps.

AGS-0, 2.36 J/SI2
55% table, 60.5% total depth, 34.4% crown, 40.8% pav.

magfaceup1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

2.367JSI2a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

Thebauble-1A.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

Thebauble-4.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I adore your stone! And you have such great pictures of it!

Funny that the woman in the store thought yours was flawless!

Here are my ACA earrings. One is an SI1 and the other an SI2.
I don't know which is which. Both are totally eye clean!
They are .41 and .42 carats.

102_0286.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the great photo Jonathan at GOG took of my 1.22 K SI1 before he sent it out:

Atvar 1_22k si1.jpg

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I still can''t find the inclusion on that photo (sorry it''s so small!). Here''s the brilliancescope and inclusion photos also taken by GOG. I could see the feather that''s obvious on the inclusion (?darkfield) photo in certain lights after receiving the diamond, but it''s pretty much hidden by the setting now, and certainly wouldn''t be easy to see on casual exam with the diamond out of the setting. We didn''t see it when checking out the stone at GOG, and only I could see it when we got it back home.

1_22KSI1 Bscope and inclusion photos.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least, here's my 0.32 I SI1 stud pair:

0_32ISI1 stud pair.JPG

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Mine''s also an SI2. In the magnified pic you can see the feather but in real life it''s under a double prong so not visible.

We were a little dubious about getting a stone with a feather quite so close to the girdle so we sent if off for appraisal with Richard Sherwood just to make sure.

We liked the fact that it scored all EX on the HCA, was within our budget and a better colour than we thought we could afford!

1.01ct F SI2 6.54mm (AGS 0 - ideal cut hearts and arrows)

depth 60.4%; table 55.5%

crown angle 34.8 deg, crown height 14.8%, pavillion angle 40.9 deg; pavillion depth 43.3%; girdle 1.4% (medium)

web252506M rot.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my 1.60 J SI2 .... it has one tiny little black mark in one of the arrows off the table which is visible in about 1/100 of the viewing situations and I don''t mind it, it''s super tiny and it''s a great way to know it''s my own stone. Other than that I have not seen a thing in this stone. Amazing SI2.

perfect arrows.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one more! I love this stone!! SI stones represent the best deals to me if you can find an eye-clean one.

yesitsanSI2.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Good idea, Lynn!

I don''t have any close-up pictures of my stone, an L/SI2, but I can assure you that it''s ALMOST completely eyeclean. In the 2 days I had my ring before FH whisked it away to the safe, I only saw the inclusions once. There are 2 little black miniscule dots in the top part of the pear. Most of the time, all you see are blinding sparkles.

ellie1.JPG

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
one more
1.gif

ellieface1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea Lynn B
36.gif
This question does come up a lot so it is great to have the pics altogether in their own thread . Glad you posted Ellie CF!! Any pics of her are a treat! Great S12''s ladies, what a fantastic find they can be!

natlaw

Rough_Rock
Wow, your diamond is GORGEOUS. I can see why one would not think it looks like an I1, since you don''t usually expect so much from one.

My fiance and I are looking at rings...he is ready...and I am doing research so that he can get the most bang for his buck...and, well, I can get a SPARKLER.

I have been looking at D-F, SI-I, Ideal Cut...and wondered where did you buy your diamond? I have been looking online and now definitely have an idea on where the pricing should fall...but now I am looking to deal with a reputable online broker, seller for purchase. We are going to a B&M tomorrow...just to confirm pricing compared to online.

Thanks for any information!

Enjoy that ring (hoping to enjoy mine soon!!!)

Natasha

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natlaw welcome
35.gif
If you go to the top of the page you will see under resources a vendors list. Check those out also the Pricescope your diamonds tool also at the top of the page. This should give you a quick and easy idea of price and quality comparisons to get you started.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. 0.38 ct, G, SI2. Still haven''t found a single inclusion after almost a year.

SI2JC03.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
awesome pics ladies!
Great thread idea Lynn.

I think someone should sneak some amazing I1s too.
31.gif
31.gif

(how do you get these close ups?)

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
What a great idea for a thread Lynn! Here is my SI2. My boyfriend can''t see the inclusion in it at all (a feather). When I first looked at the diamond I couldn''t find the inclusion either. It wasn''t until I used the Whiteflash viewer that I could make out the feather in one of the arrow shafts. Then, when I looked at it again (without the viewer) I could find it. I have to focus on a different plane and then rock the stone back and forth to see it (and still, I have to be viewing the diamond from a pretty close distance to be able to find it). It''s pretty easy for me to spot now, but that''s because I know how and where to find it! It doesn''t bother me at all! The diamond is gorgeous!

Here are the specs:

Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.278
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.3
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion %: 42.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium-Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Measurements: 7.05-7.08X4.26

Here are a couple of pictures (The first one is the magnified pic from Whiteflash''s site. The second one is a pic that I took):

diamondzoom1.JPG

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine! .75ct, E, SI2

There is one inclusion (at 3 o''clock in the bottom pic) that i can only really see under magnification... but if i stare hard enough sometimes and have it at juuuuuuust the right angle, i can see it with my naked eye. Its nice to have an instant way to check my diamond when i leave my ring somewhere!

njc_sparkle.jpg

njc_inclusion.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, this thread is shaping up nicely! What a bunch of BEAUTIES we have!
30.gif
Hopefully, newbies will see that they need not be afraid of carefully chosen, well-cut SI stones!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

PS Nan, that''s a great idea to add our gorgeous I1s. Anyone, feel free!

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
I think that SI 1 and SI 2 diamonds can look really great....

Here is mine

.65 carats, SI 1, Canadian Diamond

RingTulip 007SI.jpg

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
One more

ERingcloseSI.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hm... well I don''t have any fantastic close ups like the rest of you!!!
3.gif
but this is my 0.82 ct G SI2

I truly cannot see the inclusions face up. From the side, I THINK I can see one through the pavilion, but I wonder if it''s just a girdle reflection!

I would not hesitate to buy a good SI2!!! Color now, is another story for me.... I''m super sensitive to color!

DSCN0955.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my 1.56G Si1 H&A from Good Old Gold:

JLRBcollage.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

3 G Si1, again from Goold Old Gold:

Jade3Diamond.jpg

I love my round brilliant Si stones - they are so much better value for money!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Cool Pics- Jadeleaves

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s my 1.65 H SI1 ering:

I think the SI stones are such a great value, next time I might even get a F SI2, if they even have those around!
1.gif

Ering Set (817 x 562).jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s my 2.13 J SI2 diamond! more pics can be found on this link.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
whoops. here's the pic.

again it's a 2.13 J SI2 diamond. more pics can be found on this link.

3inISring2.13.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
Everyone''s SI 1 stones are beautiful!!

Here''s my Hearts on Fire 3.17ct SI 1

1merlottop10.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results