shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s post our SI stones here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 5:57:04 PM
Author: susi
Everyone''s SI 1 stones are beautiful!!

Here''s my Hearts on Fire 3.17ct SI 1
Wow, HUGE

njc

Brilliant_Rock
*BUMP* for all of the new pretties!

GoldenGirl........ Matatora........ Appletini........ show them gorgeous I, SI1 triplets off!

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
thering9fh.gif

1.50 carat, H-color, SI2

Only visible inclusions are when looking from the side, but you would have to know they are there in order to see and recognize them. 100% eyeclean from the top (which is what matters).

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The more I look at these gorgeous (and HUGE!) SI stones, the more I regret not buying a lower clarity, bigger rock. I''m not good at finding inclusions anyways.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Here's a 40x shot of my princess: 1.42/G/SI1
There are 2 feathers in the corners which are partically covered by a prong. Other than that, it's CLEAN!

srprincess40x.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have an I SI2 stone that is 4.10 carats and is completely eye clean. I still have not been successful in posting or transferring pictures but it is posted here somewhere and Belle was kind enough to post the picture under Whiteflash finishes.
I use to be able to post picctures or tansfer them and for some reason, no matter how mnay times it is explained to me I cannot do it.
Beause it is an SI2 and eye clean, I was able to get a larger, Ideal cut stone at a great price.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NJC!
chrismas%20ring%20shot.JPG
05%20red%20rose%20at%20christmas%20for%20KK.JPG

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 9:38:14 PM
Author:Lynn B
I was in a (upscale) mall jewelry store and out of curiosity, looked at their diamonds, especially their loose stones. *Oh my!*
23.gif
Most of the ''SI1'' stones had large black inclusions that were quite visible even to the naked eye. The salesclerk went crazy over my diamond and actually said, ''OMG! Is it FLAWLESS?!'' When I told her it was an SI2 she was incredulous. ''WOW... it sure doesn''t look like our SI2s...'' she said.

This, along with several PMs from (nervous) newbies, got me thinking that we need a thread to show off our gorgeous SI stones. New diamond buyers, whose only experience with SI stones is the mall, are of course nervous (and skeptical) about SI clarity. What better way to educate them on the beauty and value of our (carefully selected) SI diamonds than a thread devoted solely to these?

So, come on - let''s show off our SI beauties.
30.gif
Photos and specs, please!

Lynn

This is the magnified face shot of my diamond. It is totally, 100% eyeclean - even under close scrutiny. Under a loupe there are a few soft, small whitish wisps.

AGS-0, 2.36 J/SI2
55% table, 60.5% total depth, 34.4% crown, 40.8% pav.

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for your interest in my stone. Of course, I needed to check out yours. Wow, what an awesome rock!
36.gif

Huge, georgeous, and with perfect specs too. Just so you don''t think I am "sucking up", to your numbers, here was my maiden post on PS...

From Kenny: What are your Quintessential Diamond Numbers?
Let''s say you are stuck on a desert island and you could have one CD, one partner and one diamond. You probably know what CD you would bring. If you were a straight man you might want a female with certain measurements, say 38 24 36. Now if you could have only one round diamond, what would be your ideal measurements? Give me four numbers, not a range. I''m not asking about size, clarity, color or Lab.
Just four numbers for a standard round brilliant:
Depth %
Table %
Crown Angle
Pavillion Angle

Kenny,
This is my first ever post, because I loved the way you positioned the issue.
You asked a simple question, you deserve a simple answer:
Depth % 60.8
Table % 55
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion Angle 40.8

Sincerely,
David
PS - The above figures have been rounded to precision intervals for the proportions used in the GIA Diamond Cut Grading System (ha, ha)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here's my .848 I, SI1! I consider it an amazingly eye-clean find.

848si1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebree - it is an incredible find and so beautiful!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 2:44:28 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ebree - it is an incredible find and so beautiful!

Why thank you!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome! Truly a beautiful diamond - LOVE that pic!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my 1.02 E SI2 expert selection.........don''t have all the specs right now. I''ll try to post hand shots later because I can''t get if off my finger they''re so swelled. I''m always taking my rings off to clean and dh freaks that I''m going to lose them.....I''m a little flighty, should have been a blond, no offense meant LOL. I haven''t been able to get them off for 2 months since I had a kidney infection that puffed me up.

I guess you could say my SI2 is not eye clean but you really have to study to find the little spot. Doesn''t bother me at all because I have to go cross eyed to find it.

DI40X_GIA-13148293.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my 1.62 J SI1. It has a crystal that can be seen with the loupe from the side but nothing can be seen from the top. This is the closest shot I have.

cmser25.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I have a whole new respect for SI stones now.

graceelou

Rough_Rock
Jsut wanted to add my 1.38ct SI2 I AGS000 round brilliant with medium blue flourescence. The grade-maker white inclusion is in the center of the stone but I''m the only one who can see it so who cares! I love it and I didn''t have to break the bank to get the size.
2.gif

ringandhalfeternity5.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I ever posted my SI1 stone in here, so here it is! In this pic, you can see a little black line near the 3 o''clock position. But usually it is very difficult to see
2.gif

PICT0399a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 1:17:36 AM
Author: Houseparty

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your interest in my stone. Of course, I needed to check out yours. Wow, what an awesome rock!
36.gif

Huge, georgeous, and with perfect specs too. Just so you don''t think I am ''sucking up'', to your numbers, here was my maiden post on PS...

Depth % 60.8
Table % 55
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion Angle 40.8

Hey David! Thanks for the note. I''m glad you like my stone.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
There''s LOTS more photos of it around if you are ever interested in seeing more!
9.gif
And you''re right, the numbers are almost spot-on to your ideal specs. I guess it''s a small world in Diamond-Numbers-Neuroses-Land!
2.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Everyone''s stones are so beautiful!!!! This is really a great thread...
9.gif

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
Sorry, no loup but this picture pretty much gives you an idea of how brilliant and clear it is.

Here''s the link Marquise Bridal Set

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Before I found pricescope I thought if I upgraded everything had to be at least VS to be any good. Thank goodness I know better now. The center stone in my three stone ring is SI1 and totally eye clean (it looks like there is a scratch on the surface but it is just lint). Why pay more for what you can't see???

3stonelight.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My earrings are SI2 and can''t find any inclusions in either one. Eye clean and ideal cut makes all the difference.

upgradesue2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
great close-up shots Sundial!

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! Beauitful Diamonds - I''m in Love!
30.gif

Once I get some good pics, i''m gonna post my diamond solitare.
It''s a 0.58 ct Round Brilliant G-Color SI-1 Clarity.
Nothing big- but something special!
9.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to post my 1.09 I SI2 RB when it arrives in my ering this week!! Seeing all of these lovely stones has made me feel really positively about my decision. I love the idea of the slight inclusion making the stone unique, especially when no one but you will even know that it''s there. Thanks so much to you all!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
This is the diamond in my new pendant. It''s 0.464ct D SI1 with Medium Blue Fluorescence from Whiteflash''s Expert Selection.

I can''t see the graders at all on the magnified pic!

046ctDSI1 montage.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how you all get such good pictures of your diamonds. I never can! Well, here is the best I could do:

1.097 cts, AGS Ideal 0, H/SI1, 56% table, 60.6% total depth, 34.2% crown, 40.9% pav.

1.097 RB 4_4.jpg

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for posting their pics!! I think I want to get an SI stone as I am useless at finding the inclusions if it is an "eye-clean" stone. I think that it''s great value! Oh I can''t wait to have a sparkler on my finger!!!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my E/SI2 diamond. This photo is taken at 30X magnification so you do see alot of dust;there is a inclusion at 12 o'clock. But definitely eye clean.

resized165.JPG

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Pics of my eye-clean AGS 000 G/SI2 as noted in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thrilled-pics-of-our-new-ags-000-from-quest-jewelers.39355/= For some reason, the "attach file" function is malfunctioning for me tonight, but the above thread has the magnified diamond pics & idealscope images, etc.

My diamond is from Quest Jewelers, and was meant to be the center of a new 3 stone anniversary ring. We finally gave Pete our final design ideas and are waiting to hear back on a quote. The one and only inclusion with this diamond is a very tiny feather at the base of the culet, which is not visible to the naked eye, and had to be searched for under 10x magnification. No surface graining, no bubbles, no crystals. We feel this diamond truly is a find! Ok, I will stop going on and on now! Handshots to follow, assuming my computer cooperates!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results