shape
carat
color
clarity

Thrilled!!! Pics of our new AGS 000 from Quest Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
It's here!!! Just arrived an hour ago .... a truly stunning 1.02 carat G/SI2 diamond from Pete at Quest Jewelers. My sweet husband of 11 years has always had a dream of presenting me with a 1 carat diamond. With the fantastic help and advice on this forum, and the hard work and professionalism of Pete Tain & Martin Fuller, we were finally able to make this happen!! My diamond is in a simple solitaire setting for now until we can take the time to custom design what we really want this anniversary ring to be.

Martin told us that this diamond was a "knockout" and had many good things to say about it .... which really helped us to make the final decision to purchase this. I have never seen an ideal cut in person before, and was absolutely amazed at the brilliance and fire! Without further ado, here are the specs (AGSL Certificate was just done on 1/10/06):

AGS IDeal 0 Round Brilliant 6.43 - 6.47 x 3.99
1.022 carat G/SI2 (This diamond is completely eyeclean, the only inclusion or issue of any kind is a small feather near the base of the culet, which Martin Fuller comfirms is not visible to the naked eye, and is very difficult to find even at 10x)
Depth 62 Table 54
Crown angle 34.8, pavillion angle 40.7
Faced girdle 1.6 - 4.5% (medium to slightly thick)
$4650 (plus $150 for the setting)

The slightly larger girdle was actually something we don't mind at all. The setting we will be putting this in (once our new house is done) will be a v-channel setting along the lines of John Atencio (with some influence from designs such as Richard Krementz) and will include lighter blue/violet sapphires in a white gold setting.

We cannot say enough good things about this process, I am so glad that we found Pricescope to help guide us. You all are amazing! Both Pete and Martin really went above and beyond to get us this diamond in time for us to go out of town tonight, even though Martin is getting ready to leave town himself! I was very impressed. We couldn't have asked for better (or friendlier!) service. I think we did pretty good for this price, what do you all think?? Pics to follow!!!

36.gif

diamondring2resize.jpg

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the diamond in it''s current setting .... I don''t this this picture does the diamond justice, but it still looks fabulous!!!

diamondring1resize.jpg

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
No idea how to read this report and the next one ... which is why I am glad we had an expert review our purchase!

diamondring3resize.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
4bugz I think your diamond is gorgeous!!
1.gif
36.gif

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
This diamond scored well on the HCA (it was either 1.2 or 1.8, can''t remember right now but will look it up!)

diamondring4resize.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! I love it! Congratulations!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Congratulations!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS diamond! Congratulations!

I do so ADORE these totally eye-clean SI2s!
36.gif

Please don''t forget to post it over in the "Let''s post our SI stones here..." thread in SMTR!

PS MORE PICTURES!!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your diamond.

It''s absolutely stunning. Your idea for the final setting sounds wonderful, too.

Martin Fuller has appraised all my major jewelry. He''s really wonderful and knowledgeable.

Wear it and enjoy it in the best of health and happiness.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You''ve got a beautiful diamond.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one gorgeous diamond, the ring is stunning!!! Congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for you. The Quest guys are all wonderful to work with. Congrats on your gorgeous stone. your setting idea sounds incredible. Please keep us posted on the progress.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely stone!! I can''t wait to see your setting!
36.gif

zach_xt

Rough_Rock
I''m no expert, but it looks great to me!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It''s always great to hear people ecstatic about a diamond, especially after doing homework on Pricescope and finding something better than you ever imagined. Congratulations on your purchase, it sounds like you have found the perfect diamond for you. It really looks gorgeous. I''m delighted for you.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thank you all so much! We will definitely post pics once the setting is complete. Right now we are just too mired down in building our house to deal with yet one more decision :) Meanwhile, I am telling EVERYONE about Pricescope and Quest!!
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It truly is a "knockout!!" And I can''t believe that''s an SI2! Good job and congratulations on 11 years together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results