shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Autumn in New England Maybe white-knuckle flights can be broken up. Stop by different cities on your way to NZ or Australia - and visit PS members or PS-recommended shops along the way
Antony has just ONE grape garnet at the moment. I went to his site after I saw yours, on impulse! I haven’t bought from AJS recently. Sorry to hear the buying experience hasn’t be as good as before.

As to @Daisys and Diamonds ‘ Superman aragonite, my daughter (future PSer?) found them from Instagram feeds, pop-up stores and so on. Here are two that have good stuff. They ship internationally, but crystals are heavy!
We don’t place aragonite or Caribbean calcite in the bathroom, because even eco-cleaners like vinegar could damage them. Our crystals are the bedrooms, study, living room, and dining area. I think quartz can go in the bathroom. We even shade/cover our light-sensitive crystals

those are beautiful :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

but look a bit weighty looking affordable shipping

did i read somewhere a while back that Mrs Irwin might be selling ? i beleave the lock down was hard on them - perhaps things have improved by now ?

Yes, that was a story late last year. Terri responded that she took out a loan that would cover the Zoo for 20 more years of fallout from the pandemic. They were hit hard by the shutdown. So she's trying everything to keep it running!

We don’t place aragonite or Caribbean calcite in the bathroom, because even eco-cleaners like vinegar could damage them. Our crystals are the bedrooms, study, living room, and dining area. I think quartz can go in the bathroom. We even shade/cover our light-sensitive crystals

Good to know, thank you!!

Gel Sugilite - 0,62 ct.
CF4D151E-4B65-4CC7-8BC4-07336E63F4B2.png

I love, love, love sugilite! I've never seen it faceted before... gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!!

PINK is next. =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
while we are waiting for our friend Pinky to show ...
1656322983741.png

so we have been tracking down our afternoon rainbow at work
i think its off the edge of the doors to the pie warmer ???
now this is before i cleaned it for the day

Attachments

• 20220627_161309.jpg
    20220627_161309.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220627_133657.jpg
    20220627_133657.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 80

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so despite needing to get up early for an extra shift at work (i scored an extra 3 hours on a Tuesday morning which will help with the rates (property taxes) / bling budget- although i just upped the size and frequency of the wheelie bin to accommodate some slash & burn type winter gardening :lol-2: )
So i should be Zzzzzzzzzzing already but im trying to bake a pavalova in the slow cooker .....

...... year that bling budget should really be buying a new oven :(2

so i got 45 min to go before i can turn it off and go to bed while it dries out in the residual heat

any who so staying on the rainbow theme while waiting on Ms Pink i thought I'd (gently) throw in my ostrich egg earings :lol-2: 20220627_215017.jpg

opps
what was my 'lunch' doing in there :lol-2:

OMG what is that?!
runaround1.gif

so despite needing to get up early for an extra shift at work (i scored an extra 3 hours on a Tuesday morning which will help with the rates (property taxes) / bling budget- although i just upped the size and frequency of the wheelie bin to accommodate some slash & burn type winter gardening :lol-2: )
So i should be Zzzzzzzzzzing already but im trying to bake a pavalova in the slow cooker .....

...... year that bling budget should really be buying a new oven :(2

so i got 45 min to go before i can turn it off and go to bed while it dries out in the residual heat

any who so staying on the rainbow theme while waiting on Ms Pink i thought I'd (gently) throw in my ostrich egg earings :lol-2: 20220627_215017.jpg

These are SO cool... and you're making me hungry!! What do you put on your pavlova? I like juicy strawberries and cream. mmmmm

S20220627_0013.jpg

PINK! Sapphire. (Most likely lab created, or synthetic lol)

I think it's back to RED?

You're in good company... we've had some other beautiful lab sapphires shared on this thread. I'm still reeeeally interested to know what a pro has to say though. I don't want to get your hopes up, of course, but I'd love an "Antiques Roadshow" moment for this stone (i.e. "this old vase you bought for $2 at a garage sale is actually from the 15th century Ming Dynasty").

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are SO cool... and you're making me hungry!! What do you put on your pavlova? I like juicy strawberries and cream. mmmmm

its turned out a bit of a disasters
i mean it looked not quite a million dollars when i went to bed - but it had hight
so you leave them in the oven over night to dry it out so it made sence to leave it in the slow cooker
hmmmm
i have a big rubber washer this morning
im a bit guttered
like a big tough marshmello disk
.i read on the internet its a temperature thing
but both high and low on the slow cooker were too hot so i turned it down to warm, before turning it off to go to bed
i do make an awsome one in the oven- grandma's recepie so i know there waa nothing wrong with the maraign

fruit !
and whipped cream
for Xmas kiwifruit, strawberries, blueberries and passinfruit

in the winter - what ever i can find
tinned bosenberry, tinned manderines and kiwi fruit tonight

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - wow! They are quite artistic. Made from the eggshells? I only have the whole eggshell - no earrings. I do have some vintage kiaat wood furniture from S. Africa - solid and hefty!

i have a carved egg
ill try to remember when i get home tonight
they did have very beautiful furniture over there - quite different to ours (my dad managed a furniture factory down home)

its turned out a bit of a disasters
i mean it looked not quite a million dollars when i went to bed - but it had hight
so you leave them in the oven over night to dry it out so it made sence to leave it in the slow cooker
hmmmm
i have a big rubber washer this morning
im a bit guttered
like a big tough marshmello disk
.i read on the internet its a temperature thing
but both high and low on the slow cooker were too hot so i turned it down to warm, before turning it off to go to bed
i do make an awsome one in the oven- grandma's recepie so i know there waa nothing wrong with the maraign

fruit !
and whipped cream
for Xmas kiwifruit, strawberries, blueberries and passinfruit

in the winter - what ever i can find
tinned bosenberry, tinned manderines and kiwi fruit tonight

Pavlova is so temperamental. I'm sure you'll nail it next time! And then you'll overnight some to me, correct? :P2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pavlova is so temperamental. I'm sure you'll nail it next time! And then you'll overnight some to me, correct? :P2

thank you
my grandma's recepie is usally fool proof
2nd time i ever made it i made 12 of them for a group of people in South Africa - friends of freinds - one lady was a caterer (lucky i didnt know that till after i made them)
so i was really disappointed it didnt work out (its our national desert)
anyway now chox pastry ie another matter
mum made us a pabalova once a week and with the egg yokes we had a big ring shaped chocolate eclair stuffed with cream and peaches a few days latter
i cannot make choux pastry
so this norning we had very yokey french toast and bacon made with the left over cream
last night, to his credit, Gary ate the fruit, but his half of the pav was like toffee and it stuck to our teeth
my half was like wet marshmallow crossed with plumbers putty

in other news (unrelaiable really horrible Aussie woman's mag new idea) i just read online Robert Irwin is about to leave home to travel the world doing nature docos like his dad

thank you
my grandma's recepie is usally fool proof
2nd time i ever made it i made 12 of them for a group of people in South Africa - friends of freinds - one lady was a caterer (lucky i didnt know that till after i made them)
so i was really disappointed it didnt work out (its our national desert)
anyway now chox pastry ie another matter
mum made us a pabalova once a week and with the egg yokes we had a big ring shaped chocolate eclair stuffed with cream and peaches a few days latter
i cannot make choux pastry
so this norning we had very yokey french toast and bacon made with the left over cream
last night, to his credit, Gary ate the fruit, but his half of the pav was like toffee and it stuck to our teeth
my half was like wet marshmallow crossed with plumbers putty

in other news (unrelaiable really horrible Aussie woman's mag new idea) i just read online Robert Irwin is about to leave home to travel the world doing nature docos like his dad

Hey there's nothing wrong with french toast and bacon, my friend! I wish I had some right about now, as a matter of fact.
chowtimeguy.gif
And OMG that eclair sounds TDF. You're killing me!!

How exciting for Robert... he's quite an accomplished nature photog.
more%20pix%20pls.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there's nothing wrong with french toast and bacon, my friend! I wish I had some right about now, as a matter of fact.
chowtimeguy.gif
And OMG that eclair sounds TDF. You're killing me!!

How exciting for Robert... he's quite an accomplished nature photog.
more%20pix%20pls.gif

he looks like his dad - hopefully he has a more cauouse personality
the eclair was just made in a big ring then halved, iced with chocolate icinhg and creamed with the addition of plain old tinned peaches and cut up and served as pieces - but it tasted really good
nothing wrong with tinned peaches - especially in the middle of winter

i tried googerling an orange peach
and got photos of apricots :lol-2: :appl:

he looks like his dad - hopefully he has a more cauouse personality
the eclair was just made in a big ring then halved, iced with chocolate icinhg and creamed with the addition of plain old tinned peaches and cut up and served as pieces - but it tasted really good
nothing wrong with tinned peaches - especially in the middle of winter

i tried googerling an orange peach
and got photos of apricots :lol-2: :appl:

I prefer the Dole peach cups to fresh peaches, actually, because we just don't ever get good ones in this part of the country. We have great apples... peaches, not so much. :knockout:

Steve took too many risks, sadly, which is also what made him so exciting to watch. Hopefully Terri is protective of Robert, but not so that it dulls his spirit. :|

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the Dole peach cups to fresh peaches, actually, because we just don't ever get good ones in this part of the country. We have great apples... peaches, not so much. :knockout:

Steve took too many risks, sadly, which is also what made him so exciting to watch. Hopefully Terri is protective of Robert, but not so that it dulls his spirit. :|
i find the tinned peaches taste especially yumo in early Autumn when they are super fresh

can you grow a peach in your backyard ?
i have a black boy (i know, i know - dodgy sounding name) but delicouse

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results