shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

@ItsJustAnt I love when folks show raw crystals and specimens here. I had no idea spess grew with smoky quartz as a host. I had to look it up just now. Let's just set it as-is in a giant pendant.
player.gif
So cool... thanks for sharing! Good to see you on our "porch!!"

Hmm... I'll take yellow this round since I just purchased these guys yesterday. 1ctw. fancy intense yellow diamonds. One is VVS2 and the other is SI1... I hope the difference in clarity isn't apparent in person. Anyway! GREEN is up!!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I'll take yellow this round since I just purchased these guys yesterday. 1ctw. fancy intense yellow diamonds. One is VVS2 and the other is SI1... I hope the difference in clarity isn't apparent in person. Anyway! GREEN is up!!

Omg those are stunning! I can’t wait to see what you have planned for those babies :kiss2:

Wow! Are these for the periwinkle sapphire project?

I was wondering if someone would catch that! Actually, I have tentatively decided to go with a toi et moi using a soft peachy-orange oval elbaite. (The emerald orange sapphire I showed in my other thread ended being quite drab in natural daylight, unfortunately.) I feel like this sort of gentle guava color brings out the best in the periwinkle of all the shades I was considering. I'm not 100% certain that this will be the final choice, but that's where I'm leaning. :mrgreen2: Thanks for asking!!

I bought the pair of yellow diamonds to do a 3-stone ring with this purple garnet. I figured I could go more intense with the yellow color since this stone is so saturated (but not overly dark)! What do you think?

Capture87140808.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play. I think red or orange is next. Is this red or orange? It is a red spess. But I see maybe orange in it too.

1656090041606.png

Oh and red orange definitely next. I think I shall have Profhilo on my hands next week. :lol::D

Red Orange.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think it is. :(2 It looks like plain regular rock to me. But I agree with you, malachite green is out of this world.

It's beautimous nonetheless... I will have to share a few of my malachite pieces at some point. They're just set in sterling, but I love them so much. Another related gem I adore? Azurmalachite.

@ChaiK Wow, yeah, that guy is right on the 50 yard line between red and orange! So rather than saying reddish-orange or orangey-red, I would say red-orange. Right down the middle... lovely! And it will count as our red this round.

OMG is that a giant orange spess heart?!
jitteryfooguy.gif

Last edited:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if someone would catch that! Actually, I have tentatively decided to go with a toi et moi using a soft peachy-orange oval elbaite. (The emerald orange sapphire I showed in my other thread ended being quite drab in natural daylight, unfortunately.) I feel like this sort of gentle guava color brings out the best in the periwinkle of all the shades I was considering. I'm not 100% certain that this will be the final choice, but that's where I'm leaning. :mrgreen2: Thanks for asking!!

I bought the pair of yellow diamonds to do a 3-stone ring with this purple garnet. I figured I could go more intense with the yellow color since this stone is so saturated (but not overly dark)! What do you think?

Capture87140808.jpg

Ooh both those pairings sound yummy - I can't wait to see the final products!

This purple with the intense yellow will be amazing (and no, I am not a Lakers fan :lol:)!

Ooh both those pairings sound yummy - I can't wait to see the final products!

This purple with the intense yellow will be amazing (and no, I am not a Lakers fan :lol:)!

Same! And for the record, I'm not a Vikings fan either!!
drinksemot.gif

Hopefully these guys work out. I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous with my color combos, as you can see! I have a few others planned too. My tendency is to pair everything with white diamonds. And I love that look, but just not for every single ring. Anyway, thanks!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol!

Re: pairings- you’ll never know unless you try! I’m sure what ever you end up doing will look spectacular- you have a great eye ;-)

Same! And for the record, I'm not a Vikings fan either!!
drinksemot.gif

Hopefully these guys work out. I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous with my color combos, as you can see! I have a few others planned too. My tendency is to pair everything with white diamonds. And I love that look, but just not for every single ring. Anyway, thanks!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Autumn in New England I think it would look regal! Quite an appropriate pairing for royal purple garnet? We shall have to call you Your Majesty
Is the stone from Antony of Raregemstone Co?

Capture87140808.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Capture87140808.jpg

oh i thought the yellow diamonds were for the pale blue - periwinkle-bluie stone

never mind
this will look cool too :kiss2:

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know what’s next but I want to share this one again :)

It’s my little Burmese neon red pear. In incandescent it’s the best red I can imagine, in direct sunlight (like this picture) it shows some pink and wild glow.

05C86ABA-E016-48FA-9C0F-317CDDC6F34E.jpeg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know what’s next but I want to share this one again :)

It’s my little Burmese neon red pear. In incandescent it’s the best red I can imagine, in direct sunlight (like this picture) it shows some pink and wild glow.

05C86ABA-E016-48FA-9C0F-317CDDC6F34E.jpeg
@VividRed So pretty!! Will you set this?

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
@VividRed So pretty!! Will you set this?

Maybe one day, but not for me (I’m male and don’t see myself wearing jewelry other than my wedding band…yet, lol). I might set it for my daughter when she is old enough - she is three now so all she can play with is a 35ct synthetic ruby I purchased before she was born. She does not miss one chance to remind me that hers is MUCH BIGGER than mine

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results