shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So orange is next then ?
i should show you a picture of my hair i did yesterday but its s bit too red and not enough orange
i prefer the Elizebth Walton shades
it will fade after a few weeks walking to work if i take my cap off
1656576668836.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wake up !
i have to go to bed soon :(2
work tomorrow but i need to do some house work before i go

not quite a rainbow but while we wait
my grandma's asperdestra still has the xmas decorations in - see Gary has sore eyes (with the iris stuck to the pupil) so i switch this on at night to navigate my way by

yes the hall door is open a cat width
they are very good at opening it but never close it
they obviously have no comprehension of the power bill

how embassing - see the toilet roll core Fluffy has been playing with :lol-2:
they have an extra water bowl out there
20220630_205731.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if anyone is waiting on yellow i can volunteer up some apricot for orange

we are not really surpossed to post pearls in this forum (i love these freshies so much) so i include this cameo that isnt old or even vintage or even retro, i don't even know what it is made out of, it was a gift and i used to wear it a lot when i wore botton up (down?) white shirts
it is 10k
20220630_205825.jpg
if someone have something better in orange please post
.... or here comes yellow

Last edited:
Wow!! That's seriously purple purple!

Sugilite is an incredibly saturated stone! And is has almost a gel-like translucency. I think it would be a fabulous stone for a men's ring... just sayin. ;-)

Talk about eye candy! So, I'll take the ruby, pink sapphire, and black sapphire, please and thank you. But they're all gorgeous!!

i have a lot of disturbing dreams if im too hot - like i buy a Springsteen ticket and i can't get to the show

You are so adorable... I can't even.
hug7.gif

we are not really surpossed to post pearls in this forum (i love these freshies so much) so i include this cameo that isnt old or even vintage or even retro, i don't even know what it is made out of, it was a gift and i used to wear it a lot when i wore botton up (down?) white shirts
it is 10k
20220630_205825.jpg

Well I love pearls, so they're certainly welcome on our "porch!"

And somehow I just knew you were a redhead! It totally suits your personality!! ❤️

Here's a Citrine I cut back in 2017. Not for sale as it's long been gone. I used to like cutting Citrine, but it doesn't seem too popular, and haven't cut much of recently.

1914.jpg

What a gorgeous cut! Yeah, it's a shame citrine has declined in popularity, because it's a beautiful stone. I suspect it's because of all the heat-treated amethyst (which turns yellow) that has flooded the market. So genuine citrine has fallen victim to it a bit, because I believe the treatment is undetectable.

GREEN is up!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was just going to say that it is a twilight! And they definitely have their place in the sapphire world. It's delightfully moody, which is really cool. And I love the cut. So, like you said, testing the waters with different colors (and even clarities - silky or crystal, etc.) is such a great way to figure out what you are drawn to and what to avoid. Sort of like dating!
1237356pr6q2nhnb7.gif
Thank you! Haha I love that analogy! It *is* like dating. Unlike my first foray into emeralds, I am taking my sapphire purchase more seriously and with a bit more guidance from PS ;-)

i would want two, to set as dangle earings so light would still get into them, it looks so pretty in the photo
That’s such a great idea! Alas, there was only one stone. He is selling another but it’s 0.8ct vs 1.24ct

@Eli22 Ooh, I think it has flashes of peacock, too?
9AD88C21-49D0-4237-9FC0-DE79E4B9AD6B.jpeg

Ooh good catch! I wasn’t even looking there on the color scale- I immediately went to twilight!

We’ll see if I eventually fall in love with this (or not). Just like dating. Hahaha

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll take purple - two large sugilite cabs I want to make into a pendant and ring. Here's the vendor's pic. He has large mitts... the stones look a lot bigger when I hold them. :lol-2: PINK is next!

Untitledagfc .jpg

That color is so vibrant! So many different types of gems/material that I never knew existed!!

A pink lab sapphire pendant in yellow gold. Red is next up.

pink lab sapphire.jpg

Beautiful!

Well, I'm pretty struck by star stones! But when I went to sign up, someone had already taken Starstruck, so I added the 8. Here's the evidence... and I have more of them.
StarRainbow.jpg

What an amazing collection! I dream of having one someday!

Here's a Citrine I cut back in 2017. Not for sale as it's long been gone. I used to like cutting Citrine, but it doesn't seem too popular, and haven't cut much of recently.

1914.jpg

Wow- amazing color and cut…looks like a flower to me!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I am posting green and you know what that means — jadeite. This is a little heirloom piece. The gold is fine and soft. It bends easily. I was mortified when that happened. it is now back to its bell shape - more or less :P2

D44C6486-AA31-4E0D-A268-AE22DF6DF9FC.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Haha I love that analogy! It *is* like dating. Unlike my first foray into emeralds, I am taking my sapphire purchase more seriously and with a bit more guidance from PS ;-)

That’s such a great idea! Alas, there was only one stone. He is selling another but it’s 0.8ct vs 1.24ct

Ooh good catch! I wasn’t even looking there on the color scale- I immediately went to twilight!

We’ll see if I eventually fall in love with this (or not). Just like dating. Hahaha

what happened with your emerald ?

im practising buying beads before i buy a loose gem
some days its gone ok
other days it has been a disaster

im so not ready to buy loose gem stones
bur at least the beads have been relativly cheap mistakes

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Sugilite is an incredibly saturated stone! And is has almost a gel-like translucency. I think it would be a fabulous stone for a men's ring... just sayin. ;-)

Talk about eye candy! So, I'll take the ruby, pink sapphire, and black sapphire, please and thank you. But they're all gorgeous!!

You have certainly planted a seed. A low sugilite cab in a yellow gold gold bezel setting would make a great man's ring...

From what you have said before, I'm thinking you may like the black (strictly, dark brown) star sapphire in this pic. It's a Queenslander, like the yellow one below it. These sorts of star sapphire are pretty low in the trade hierarchy, but they are very wearable.
SplitShankComp.jpg

i love that dark goldie coloured one the best
I'm assuming you mean the lower one in the above pic. It's a very unusual stone. As well as having a star, it reflects the world, but in soft focus, with a yellow tint, and upside down. How does this work? It has a layer of reflective 'starry' material at the base, while the front is transparent yellow. Again, far from trade ideal, but fascinating.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

it is 10k
20220630_205825.jpg

I totally forgot to mention that I <3 your cameo!! And those pearls are such a unique color!

I am posting green and you know what that means — jadeite. This is a little heirloom piece. The gold is fine and soft. It bends easily. I was mortified when that happened. it is now back to its bell shape - more or less :P2

I will never tire of seeing your jadeite pieces!! :kiss2: The color is spring manifested into a gem.

You have certainly planted a seed. A low sugilite cab in a yellow gold gold bezel setting would make a great man's ring...

From what you have said before, I'm thinking you may like the black (strictly, dark brown) star sapphire in this pic. It's a Queenslander, like the yellow one below it. These sorts of star sapphire are pretty low in the trade hierarchy, but they are very wearable.
SplitShankComp.jpg

I'm assuming you mean the lower one in the above pic. It's a very unusual stone. As well as having a star, it reflects the world, but in soft focus, with a yellow tint, and upside down. How does this work? It has a layer of reflective 'starry' material at the base, while the front is transparent yellow. Again, far from trade ideal, but fascinating.

Wow the star on the larger one is SO crisp. What a fabulous stone... it's quite mystical. I feel like black star sapphire is the epitome of masculine energy in gem form. lol Anyway, yes! I love your idea of a sugilite/18kyg ring!! Just remember, it's only a bit harder than turquoise. So it must be worn with care. But it's so worth it! I've had turquoise rings for years, and they're still as pristine as the day I bought them. Let me know if you need help sourcing the sug!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, a spy stone, great for gazing.

I will never tire of seeing your jadeite pieces!! :kiss2: The color is spring manifested into a gem.
Thank you! I never tire of them either =)2
Hmm since I mentioned turquoise, and we're on blue, this seems only fitting. A large cab of Sinai turq. It's impossibly blue in person with chocolatey brown matrix. PURPLE is up!

download2865.jpg
Gasp, I have to get one of those! “Impossibly” is right.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So pretty! I would be afraid to wear it, I’m super hard on my jewelry & am a klutz to boot haha
Hmm since I mentioned turquoise, and we're on blue, this seems only fitting. A large cab of Sinai turq. It's impossibly blue in person with chocolatey brown matrix. PURPLE is up!

download2865.jpg
Wowow!! What color!!! <3

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

SplitShankComp.jpg

I'm assuming you mean the lower one in the above pic. It's a very unusual stone. As well as having a star, it reflects the world, but in soft focus, with a yellow tint, and upside down. How does this work? It has a layer of reflective 'starry' material at the base, while the front is transparent yellow. s Again, far from trade ideal, but fascinating.

im adding a stone like this to my list of possibilities for my Tibby tribute ring (my avitar pic) when i muster up the finances
i had wanted a yellow stone to match his eyes but now ive seen your brown on .....
brown deserves more love

do star saphires come in different shapes ? - i want a marguise ( probably not the wrote word for a cab) to match the shape of his eyes

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally forgot to mention that I <3 your cameo!! And those pearls are such a unique color!

thank you
the pearls were a gift from one of our PS pearl princess (the one who has designated pajama pearls)

i am thinking about stringing the cameo on a white strand of pearls ...but id feel sad not to wear it as a brooch
but truth be known i havn't worn it for 20 years at least, and i think its more likely to get worn as pearls (it has a bail and a pin on the back)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
labradorite
i keep forgetting i have this
this is the most colour ive ever seen in it
as a pendent i dont see it
it might make a better ( big silver ) ring ?
Na - i think it would look dark and yuck
20220702_175721.jpg 20220702_175734.jpg 20220702_175752.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results