shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that is lovely! I might as well share some of my abalone sterling pieces (that's what we call paua here in the States)!! We'll count the entry as blue. lol

This guy is removable from the necklace, which also has emerald, tourmaline, and amethyst in there.
Capturs ynjr dcb.JPG

This enhancer pendant is capped with faceted crystal quartz and hung on a multi leather cord necklace. Capturetduknbnm v.JPG

And here are some critters! Dragonfly with peridot and amethyst, and a butterfly with variscite and turquoise.
Capture dtky.JPG

Capturesw6yndjr n1245908.JPG

i cannot tell you enough how refreshing it is too see paua shell used in a different way (to what we see here) especially in combination with other gemstones

Rwanda amethyst with characteristic pink and blue flashes.
Wish I had bought more! 52F1EC36-B74B-4F48-B1D1-3E27DCE2E304.jpeg

This is a picture-perfect amethyst! I have an unheated Uruguayan stone with similar color... full saturation and blue and pink flashes. It's a heart shape though (and only 2ct./9mm). I was torn between setting that one or the large 9ct. lavender hexagon I shared earlier. Now seeing yours, I'm teetering?! :think:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
This is a picture-perfect amethyst! I have an unheated Uruguayan stone with similar color... full saturation and blue and pink flashes. It's a heart shape though (and only 2ct./9mm). I was torn between setting that one or the large 9ct. lavender hexagon I shared earlier. Now seeing yours, I'm teetering?! :think:

@Autumn in New England, they both sound yummy! I love the thought of the heart-shaped one. It’s a more unusual shape for amethyst, and it would be so sweet with the pink flash. Do post it when purple is up next!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
ok i can do yellow 20220618_180532.jpg :lol-2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
my latest citrene beads finally turned up on the slow boat from Texas

were in the letter box this morning when i checked at 6.30am on the way to work
im too scared to look at the amber - they still look too big

@Daisys and Diamonds Wow, all the way from Texas! They look like imperial golden bubbles, or ikura.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a really even 50/50 pink-orange split! And that's ideal... it's truly stunning, my friend. Love the rose gold necklace design you chose for it too. :love:

Our old amico RED is back up again!

red feels good for winter
this week no rain is forcast but a cool breeze and not much warmth will be our lot tomatosoup.jpg
i think if soup were genstones tomato would be a garnet
kind of overlooked and then you get a really great tasting one

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

some inspiration for you while we wait for red
this was originally a wedding present from Queen Alexandra to her grandson's new wife, who would become Queen Elizabeth the Queen mum to us
Prince Charles gave to to Camila
its nice to see it being worn
i5kWj6TVBl4l.jpg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I actually contacted DK for a sapphire ring project (the hubby is giving me another ring for our “meetingversary” - we met 10 years ago!) and beyond an initial quote, I haven’t received add’l info yet. I’ll wait until next week to follow up.

Re: Inken- I love her work! I will reach out. Even if she won’t work on this gem/ring, I might ask her re: sapphire project too!

All of my (adult) jewelry is plat/WG…but I’m thinking this needs to be YG? Would love it if WG would work though, bec I know I wouldn’t reach for it as much in YG.

I haven't used him yet, but fellow members go nuts for David Klass. And he does do beautiful work. I love Inken Krause of Enhoerning Jewelry, but she only accepts work on a case-by-case basis when not using her stones. You can certainly still contact her to inquire. Which color metal are you thinking?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG (is there a drool emoji)? Fantabulous!!!

Thank you for the nomination!

Videos:

Pic just today:

IMG_20220618_093748.jpg

These are soooooo pretty!!! I am in love with that enhancer pendant!

Oh that is lovely! I might as well share some of my abalone sterling pieces (that's what we call paua here in the States)!! We'll count the entry as blue. lol

This guy is removable from the necklace, which also has emerald, tourmaline, and amethyst in there.
Capturs ynjr dcb.JPG

This enhancer pendant is capped with faceted crystal quartz and hung on a multi leather cord necklace. Capturetduknbnm v.JPG

And here are some critters! Dragonfly with peridot and amethyst, and a butterfly with variscite and turquoise.
Capture dtky.JPG

Capturesw6yndjr n1245908.JPG

I love the color and shape of this!!!

Rwanda amethyst with characteristic pink and blue flashes.
Wish I had bought more! 52F1EC36-B74B-4F48-B1D1-3E27DCE2E304.jpeg

So sweet & delicate looking!!

Hmm....not sure if my padparadscha is more pink or more orange, but here's my padparadscha sapphire necklace~

1655614407877.jpg
1655614439905.jpg
1655614495188.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I actually contacted DK for a sapphire ring project (the hubby is giving me another ring for our “meetingversary” - we met 10 years ago!) and beyond an initial quote, I haven’t received add’l info yet. I’ll wait until next week to follow up.

Re: Inken- I love her work! I will reach out. Even if she won’t work on this gem/ring, I might ask her re: sapphire project too!

All of my (adult) jewelry is plat/WG…but I’m thinking this needs to be YG? Would love it if WG would work though, bec I know I wouldn’t reach for it as much in YG.

yellow gold :lickout:

With a stone like that, where the saturation is so strong, I think it can hold its own in any color metal. Maybe you can compromise and do a YG crown/prongs and WG for everything else? That would be my first choice, I think! :geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results