shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn't she lovely... a ray of sunshine to be sure! We just had the Belmont Stakes horse race here in the States (NY). You should see some of the get ups at these events!

I've run out of faceted, transparent yellow gems, but here are some opaque ones!

Realizing I had a serious lack of yellow in my collection, I beaded this necklace and cut the pendant stone. Navajo Henry Yazzie made the pendant. It's huge! All sterling... bumblebee jasper.

Capturebrv54cv7scw34n.JPG

Here's the matching ring.

Capture1z4567809.JPG

That's lovelly
One thing PS constantly proves is there are more awsome genstones out there than just the big precious ones (and pearls of course)
You have done a beautifully neat job on fitting all the findings
I hope you wear this puppy (i mean bumble ) often

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! This is so pretty! You cut the stone?? Do you also facet stones?

Isn't she lovely... a ray of sunshine to be sure! We just had the Belmont Stakes horse race here in the States (NY). You should see some of the get ups at these events!

I've run out of faceted, transparent yellow gems, but here are some opaque ones!

Realizing I had a serious lack of yellow in my collection, I beaded this necklace and cut the pendant stone. Navajo Henry Yazzie made the pendant. It's huge! All sterling... bumblebee jasper.

Capturebrv54cv7scw34n.JPG

Here's the matching ring.

Capture1z4567809.JPG

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Blue zircon with white and yellow gold Chinese Ru Yi cloud. Ru Yi means “according to your desires/wishes”. It is often depicted in a cloud-like form. Sceptres of Chinese emperors/empresses were called Ru Yu.
D301A777-4112-4963-AF91-4301244713D3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
While we are waiting on indigo and im procrastinating with the houses work
Antarctica NZ recently ran a compition to choose a paint colour for Scott Base
i forgot to vote !
I would have voted orange

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I am not quite sure yet what to do with it, but a ring seems most likely!

Beautiful! is it for a ring/

Thank you! I think maybe a ring or a pendant! I’ve too many ideas haha :razz:

What a beautiful green
what are you planning on doing with it ?

If I go the ring route, I’d like to set it in something like this: B9D1AD64-BB79-454F-BED0-C4AD2542EE3D.jpeg

That's lovelly
One thing PS constantly proves is there are more awsome genstones out there than just the big precious ones (and pearls of course)

You know I love our faceted, transparent gems, but typically they're so expensive that a 10x8mm is considered large. So with opaque gems, you can really have fun with color and size! :geek2:

Blue zircon with white and yellow gold Chinese Ru Yi cloud. Ru Yi means “according to your desires/wishes”. It is often depicted in a cloud-like form. Sceptres of Chinese emperors/empresses were called Ru Yu.
D301A777-4112-4963-AF91-4301244713D3.jpeg

I love that many of your mountings are so whimsically done (and have so much meaning). This is lovely... and the stone looks super glittery. :sun:

I'll take purple! Hexagon cut 9.10ct. unheated amethyst. I was really torn between ordering a deep, fully saturated purple or a lighter tone. I went with more of a lavender, since my purple garnet is so rich in color. PINK is next!!

amethyst_hex_618204_2000x_master.jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I love that many of your mountings are so whimsically done (and have so much meaning). This is lovely... and the stone looks super glittery. :sun:

Wow !
That's gorgouse !

So pretty and I love the meaning!
Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds , @Eli22 and @Autumn in New England - yes, I love whimsical designs and/or those that carry a meaning. I got the zircon for a steal because it was cut rather deep (which i think helped the colour). it was almost 10 ct, so still a good size. Re: Ruyi, I was so intrigued by the gems I saw Beijing’s Forbidden City (now called the Palace Museum). I try to visit every time I am in Beijing. Have you been there? Here is a photos of a ruyi sceptre with jadeite. The jadeite is not imperial green but each piece is huge and carved with ruyi patterns. The second photo is of Empress Dowager Cixi’s court beads. She was fond of pink tourmaline. AEECC614-803C-4281-A62B-D48CBCCA1057.jpeg C460E294-FA71-407A-8F2D-2FA37CC4B06B.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh wow! This is so pretty! You cut the stone?? Do you also facet stones?

I wish! My talents begin and end with cabochons, unfortunately!! I even bought fancy diamond paste to buff them to a high shine. lol
nerd.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our friend orange
Have a manderine instead
mandarin-oranges-3-680.jpg

I love the tinned ones for perking up a salad, mint makes it zing

Screenshot_20220617-172038.png

or for added decoration on any and all of my deserts
Mum never brought the tinned ones but if we had a special occasion at my Aunt's house she always had them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results