shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

I can help speed the process.

40477A6B-4C54-4DFD-A7C0-7B934E4CDDEE.jpeg

I’m not even sure what this is, honestly. I think it was an amethyst. I’ve had this ring for ages but I barely wear it.

Nice big diamond accents... lovely contemporary mounting. And beautiful stone. I am thinking amethyst too. Loupe it and see if you spot those telltale fingerprints. :)

Am I the only one waiting for this thread to hit 1000 posts?

Thought it was only fitting that I tag you in celebration of our 1,000th post!
party2.gif

Yes @Daisys and Diamonds I am thinking about boiled sweets again!

Same!!

Up next: PINK!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was very careful not to spoil the 1000th post by posting some terribly healthy but ugly or downright yucky vegetable (beetroot comes to mind)
277432_2200-732x549-1.jpg
But we are pink
So I'll go with yummy guava
Guava-03.jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I was very careful not to spoil the 1000th post by posting some terribly healthy but ugly or downright yucky vegetable (beetroot comes to mind)
277432_2200-732x549-1.jpg
But we are pink
So I'll go with yummy guava
Guava-03.jpg

I love these - guava, beetroot and your earlier post of rhubarb and strawberries (heavenly).. Thanks to you I will be buying a rhubarb tart/crumble this weekend.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I can help speed the process.

40477A6B-4C54-4DFD-A7C0-7B934E4CDDEE.jpeg

I’m not even sure what this is, honestly. I think it was an amethyst. I’ve had this ring for ages but I barely wear it.
@Avondale, it is lovely. I agree with @Autumn in New England that it may be worth checking. I recently had a surprise - an ‘amethyst“ that belonged to my grandma turned out to be a Scapolite. I was shining my UV torch on my spinels and rubies - and got a shock when the “amethyst” showeed a reddish fluorescence. When I examined it under the loupe, I saw inclusions consistent with scapolite.

Last edited:
Pusheen in quite the diva! Those are fabulous!! I really don't own much in the way of earrings... I have diamond studs and leverbacks, and then some that I've made. But I don't own any fancy CS earrings. I think that needs to change!

RED is up!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Pusheen in quite the diva! Those are fabulous!! I really don't own much in the way of earrings... I have diamond studs and leverbacks, and then some that I've made. But I don't own any fancy CS earrings. I think that needs to change!

RED is up!

Yes, earrings are such fun! I got my ears pierced only on 2019, so I am making up for lost time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyway moving right along to
yellow
See i have a week off
what we were supposed to be doing (driving down to Wellington for Gary's eye surgery and staying the night in Tawa and then visiting his late daughter Melanie at the cemetery on the way home ) well the wheather put a major spanner in the works and we couldn't go
for the last few days our sky has been as black as my post two back with torrential rain, thunder storms here and very bad wheather including tornados and even snow over the country

so hoping for some yellow sun today for a few hours any way

Anyway speaking of sunlight
This is probably our version of Dawn
it has no moisturiser and has probably been on the local market since year Dot
sorry the picture is sooooo big
large.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im going to keep this up until a yellow gemstone turns up to stop me !
A lady at royal ascot 2022 day one (Nana Acheampong - a stylist, explains why i dont know her)
nana-acheampong-attends-royal-ascot-2022-at-ascot-news-photo-1655215049.jpg

Some other random yellow race goers
(I know notjing about horse racing - its kinda borring)

Attachments

• racegoers-arrive-for-day-one-of-royal-ascot-2022-at-ascot-news-photo-1655214269.jpg
    racegoers-arrive-for-day-one-of-royal-ascot-2022-at-ascot-news-photo-1655214269.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
Im going to keep this up until a yellow gemstone turns up to stop me !
A lady at royal ascot 2022 day one (Nana Acheampong - a stylist, explains why i dont know her)

Isn't she lovely... a ray of sunshine to be sure! We just had the Belmont Stakes horse race here in the States (NY). You should see some of the get ups at these events!

I've run out of faceted, transparent yellow gems, but here are some opaque ones!

Realizing I had a serious lack of yellow in my collection, I beaded this necklace and cut the pendant stone. Navajo Henry Yazzie made the pendant. It's huge! All sterling... bumblebee jasper.

Capturebrv54cv7scw34n.JPG

Here's the matching ring.

Capture1z4567809.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results