shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Muzo emerald. Sorry, the colour in my pics is not accurate and the stone looks more blue than it really is. The colour is listed as “Vivid green” by GRS, with a special appendix about vivid saturation and Muzo Green colour. The stone’s dimensions are 14.3 by 11.9 by 8,6 mm.

8F2A63EE-9380-4D94-BE81-442A3E29AD93.jpeg

Attachments

• 470C493F-32A7-4698-B7B4-68D1B84FF6EC.jpeg
    470C493F-32A7-4698-B7B4-68D1B84FF6EC.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 17

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Muzo emerald. Sorry, the colour in my pics is not accurate and the stone looks more blue than it really is. The colour is listed as “Vivid green” by GRS, with a special appendix about vivid saturation and Muzo Green colour. The stone’s dimensions are 14.3 by 11.9 by 8,6 mm.

Woah that is BIG! I bet that looks spectacular in person.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! The colour is great, but the soft glow is magic. And it's HUGE.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Omg ......wow.......*whistles*

I feel like that scene from Crocodile Dundee but instead of a knife, you pull this out and say "Now THIS is a ring!"
Haha, @mellowyellowgirl i need to watch the movie!

Woah that is BIG! I bet that looks spectacular in person.
Holy Molly, that's spectacular!
Yes, @Nick_G and @Avondale I thought so too - until I saw even more spectacular(ly priced) items today at the Jewellery and Gem show! The good thing is I managed to ask around re: what would be a reasonable price for this stone and specs, and most of the dealers quoted much higher prices.

Wow! The colour is great, but the soft glow is magic. And it's HUGE.
Glad you like it @starstruck, posting some fr the show that I think you would like - cat’s eye emeralds. 0C2231A8-134C-4D05-B243-6308AC6E78A9.jpeg DFF06626-7E3D-410E-8873-0B3CFC79E339.jpeg 36ADCD7C-DEBD-4240-86B2-C74A79433F20.jpeg

Ahhhh it's a cab, @Crimson!! :kiss2: That color... that GLOW! It's a showstopper, my friend. And I didn't realize it was already set as well. Well that'll brighten your day (or life) for sure. I can see why it stole your breath initially!!

P.S. Never have I ever seen cat's eye emerald before! I think @Starstruck8 needs to indulge in this variety for a gent's ring, and report back. :mrgreen:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, @mellowyellowgirl i need to watch the movie!

Yes, @Nick_G and @Avondale I thought so too - until I saw even more spectacular(ly priced) items today at the Jewellery and Gem show! The good thing is I managed to ask around re: what would be a reasonable price for this stone and specs, and most of the dealers quoted much higher prices.

Glad you like it @starstruck, posting some fr the show that I think you would like - cat’s eye emeralds. 0C2231A8-134C-4D05-B243-6308AC6E78A9.jpeg DFF06626-7E3D-410E-8873-0B3CFC79E339.jpeg 36ADCD7C-DEBD-4240-86B2-C74A79433F20.jpeg

P.S. Never have I ever seen cat's eye emerald before! I think @Starstruck8 needs to indulge in this variety for a gent's ring, and report back.

Thank you, Crimson and Autumn in New England for thinking of me. I love these. A cats-eye emerald is absolutely on my wish-list. But they are not the easiest things to come by, nor are they inexpensive....

Cool fact: trapiche emeralds have a subtle chatoyance. You can just about see it in this back-lit pic. The lighting is coming from a bit above level, and the camera is looking down a bit. So the chatoyance makes the horizontal segments a bit brighter than the others. You can confirm that this is not an artifact by spinning the ring - it's always the horizontal segments that look brighter (with this lighting and viewing angle).
Trapiche.jpg

I've read that star emeralds exist. They are extremely rare: as I recall, about 40 are known. So I guess I'll never see one. But a cat's eye emerald is certainly on the cards...

Thank you, Crimson and Autumn in New England for thinking of me. I love these. A cats-eye emerald is absolutely on my wish-list. But they are not the easiest things to come by, nor are they inexpensive....

Cool fact: trapiche emeralds have a subtle chatoyance. You can just about see it in this back-lit pic. The lighting is coming from a bit above level, and the camera is looking down a bit. So the chatoyance makes the horizontal segments a bit brighter than the others. You can confirm that this is not an artifact by spinning the ring - it's always the horizontal segments that look brighter (with this lighting and viewing angle).
Trapiche.jpg

I've read that star emeralds exist. They are extremely rare: as I recall, about 40 are known. So I guess I'll never see one. But a cat's eye emerald is certainly on the cards...

This is one of the most perfectly proportioned trapiche emeralds I've ever seen, my friend.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
@rubyshoes I'm so glad you joined us! :wavey: I have a soft spot for round sapphires (I wanted one myself, but the right stone never came along). Beautiful piece! Love the simple gold rope band.

PURPLE is next!

Thank you so much! I love the band too. It's 21 carat Thai gold. Sally from Heart of Water made it for me. It's her Nur setting.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh it's a cab, @Crimson!! :kiss2: That color... that GLOW! It's a showstopper, my friend. And I didn't realize it was already set as well. Well that'll brighten your day (or life) for sure. I can see why it stole your breath initially!!

P.S. Never have I ever seen cat's eye emerald before! I think @Starstruck8 needs to indulge in this variety for a gent's ring, and report back. :mrgreen:
@Autumn in New England Thanks for sharing my excitement. After the gem show I realized that the price I was quoted for the ring was a really good! I am going back to my jeweller to have a closer look at the ring:love:

Trapiche.jpg

@Starstruck8 that trapiche is striking! The color is saturated and the glow intense.
if you happen to drop by Singapore and want to look at the cat’s eye emeralds, let me know. It turned out that the person who owns the business with the cat’s eye emerald is a friend of my family. Good heavens, such a funny coincidenc.

Couldn’t resist sharing one more pic here of cat’s eye emeralds, This is a pale green but cute “Mickey Mouse” ring.
C2AD0085-90B4-4A8C-8C3F-3A9048059868.jpeg

Last edited:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
@Starstruck8 that trapiche is striking! The color is saturated and the glow intense.
if you happen to drop by Singapore and want to look at the cat’s eye emeralds, let me know. It turned out that the person who owns the business with the cat’s eye emerald is a friend of my family. Good heavens, such a funny coincidenc.

Couldn’t resist sharing one more pic here of cat’s eye emeralds, This is a pale green but cute “Mickey Mouse” ring.
C2AD0085-90B4-4A8C-8C3F-3A9048059868.jpeg

Yes, the trapiche has great colour. It's just a pity that I have to take the ring off and hold it up to the light to appreciate it. Trapiche slices are fascinating, but hard to set effectively.

Thank you, @Crimson. I don't travel much, but I'll certainly remember this if I ever visit Singapore.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
For PURPLE, and since it is October, here are some opal specimens with lovely purple flashes from Broken River Mining (at Jewellelry & Gem World). Ashleigh (holding the opal) and Sue were very kind to explain to me how the opals are found. Sue cuts the, opals.

707F35FA-E8FB-48E8-A038-34A655E853BB.jpeg BC830719-0CA4-4459-99A0-9F7ABAE5836D.jpeg 39C36B6E-B0A2-4583-8F7D-4B107D877AEC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results