shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Barney evokes memories of those songs! I have always thought he was the right shade of juicy purple,
i recently bought these - the centre is a lavender spinel and the side stones are sapphires. They are all dainty stones - pic from vendor. 5097DBB7-3692-46E8-AD39-48A7FC01384A.jpeg

gosh they are lovely and look so nice together
whats the plan ?

@Crimson I hope you're considering a 5-stone ring with that lovely parcel! The combination is very celestial.

1618626e2tat6mv78.gif

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds and @Autumn in New England, thank you
The sapphires will join the pink cuprian tourmaline and the dozen spinels of various pink/purple shades in a ring-pendant. Let’s see what my desigoner comes up with! I set the lavender spinel into a simple stacking ring that I can wear with my tri-gold flower rings. The flowers spin, so it‘s fun! 7D376F9A-193F-4D84-8F1E-59DB67A7B0DB.jpeg

@Daisys and Diamonds and @Autumn in New England, thank you
The sapphires will join the pink cuprian tourmaline and the dozen spinels of various pink/purple shades in a ring-pendant. Let’s see what my desigoner comes up with! I set the lavender spinel into a simple stacking ring that I can wear with my tri-gold flower rings. The flowers spin, so it‘s fun! 7D376F9A-193F-4D84-8F1E-59DB67A7B0DB.jpeg

This ring looks like something out of a dream... it's glorious. And the flowers move?! Doubly cool. Your collection is much more extensive and impressive than one might have initially assumed!! You keep surprising me with these unique, precious pieces.
respect_01.gif

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
This ring looks like something out of a dream... it's glorious. And the flowers move?! Doubly cool. Your collection is much more extensive and impressive than one might have initially assumed!! You keep surprising me with these unique, precious pieces.
respect_01.gif
@Autumn in New England such kind words, thank you. I like to spin the four flowers at the same time. 1665420358576.gif
On to PINK!

Sometimes it pays to listen to your vendor!

I didn't quite understand the fuss about finding a stone that was as red as possible but now I appreciate it!

PXL_20221011_060045199.jpg

The redder the rubellite, the more drool-worthy, IMO. :drool: I think that's as red as they come, honestly. A stunner!!

Our old friend ORANGE is up.

Spessartite cab, highly included. Not the greatest, but it shows very clearly how cabs can have windows.
SpessCab.jpg

I don't see a window! I happen to have a soft spot for spess cabs (in top color, such as this one). A good friend of mine specialized in gem-grade cabs of all varieties... spess, gem silica, chrysoprase, sugilite, fine chalcedony, tourmaline, etc. His name was Carey Robbins and was based in Oregon. Some of you might have known him as "Lapicarey" on Etsy. He passed away a couple of years ago from ALS. I still mourn him and his talent for sourcing and cutting the absolute best cab material.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see a window! I happen to have a soft spot for spess cabs (in top color, such as this one). A good friend of mine specialized in gem-grade cabs of all varieties... spess, gem silica, chrysoprase, sugilite, fine chalcedony, tourmaline, etc. His name was Carey Robbins and was based in Oregon. Some of you might have known him as "Lapicarey" on Etsy. He passed away a couple of years ago from ALS. I still mourn him and his talent for sourcing and cutting the absolute best cab material.
See the darker 'bullseye' in the centre and the lighter 'rim'? The bullseye is the windowed area. I've verified this by holding it in front of a white card and a black card. And (being a geek...) I have also done some ray tracing.

Once you get your eye in for this, you see it in many (most?) translucent to transparent cabs. (Though it's often hidden by sleepiness, opalescence, or inclusions. Also, in some cabs it's hidden by roughening the base.)

If you think about it, 'low' cabs (i.e. those with a low angle at the edge) are all window. It's 'high' cabs (those with steep angle at the edge) that show the unwindowed 'rim'. This spess is just an especially striking example.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

gem silica .....
1665523838343.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results