shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets help my friend's son find an engagement ring! 4K all in... c'mon bang for buck prosumers

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my pricescope friends!

My workfriends' son is looking for a ring to propose with and he asked for her input! EEeee- exciting!

Her dream ring:

tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996049_ED_M.jpg tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996049_ED_M.jpg tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996050_AV_1_M.jpg

tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996049_ED_M.jpg tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996050_AV_1_M.jpg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
This is so exciting! I’m sure there are a lot of folks here that can help assist. I’m no expert so I’m just here to look at the beauties posted. Is the inspiration ring you posted- asscher or cushion cut? I can’t tell on my phone.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany cuts are protected by Trademark or Patent or something like that IIRC, so it may be hard to find, but I am sure this cut has been posted recently...

I think the 'True' might be very similar to a Lucida cut??

https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/S...eces-Rings-and-Bands/101ct-Tiffany-Co-Lucida/
(Not sure if this is sold)

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I'll leave the stone to everyone else, but I'll just say that if her "dream" is a plain band, he can probably save some $ and apply that to the center stone by avoiding the diamonds on the band like the one he suggested to his mom.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

So I think it looks like a cushion brilliant.

I made a pintrest board with some ideas from James Allen.

I also suggested Rhino's concierge service. I tried finding something on whiteflash and brian gavin but my search did not yield any options? Hmmm.

Next I was going to look at blue nile. I was hoping Mrs B would help me there she is a really good blue nile shopper.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The Tiffany True is a hybrid step-cut and brilliant cut. Does she have any preferences on size, color, clarity, etc? For cut would she prefer asscher or princess? I would look at James Allen and Blue Nile to start!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, can I play?

I’m not a fan of the pre-loved he is considering, primarily because it’s an I1 and there’s some notation of a drilled imperfection?

Haven’t searched for other pre-loved options yet, but since the center stone on his is essentially 1ct, I went that route and found the below to start. Any of them should allow for a plain solitaire setting.

Radiants

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/0.96-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-sku-7750886

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/1.00-carat-d-color-si1-clarity-sku-8526849 - this radiant is :kiss2:

https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/17764452/1-01-carat-radiant-diamond-h-color-vs2-clarity - nicely sized face-up

Cushions

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.91-carat-f-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-8552702 - appears to be a H&A cushion on a tilt

https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/12505677/1-03-carat-cushion-diamond-h-color-si1-clarity - possible criss cut cushion?

It would be helpful to understand her color, size, etc. preferences to better hone in on the right searches, especially on pre-loved opportunities.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know how important it is that it is a Tiffany? Looking for a secondhand True or Lucida (probably easier to find) ring would be the way to go in that case. $4k might get around .9ct for the center diamond that way.

If it's just the style, of course that is easier.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$500 over

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect the draw is that it is a square, so a cushion wouldn't fit the bill. I've seen a lot of people in my peer group getting engaged with radiants lately. I also sincerely doubt she's aware of the faceting pattern so I don't know that we really have to worry about that.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get why people love square shapes. I LOVE square shapes. I wonder if she understands how small they face up and for 4K, she’s going to get a small face up ring.

My 1.52c asscher faces up like a .85c round. It’s depressing and I’m not sure one can appreciate it until you see it.

What Carat size is her dream ring?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is she open to secondhand? While the style can be replicated, he need to have a conversation with her about what is important to her - the style, the shape, the brand, the entire true ring? If she just cares about the True design and the T&Co brand, then he will be better off getting her the real thing.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few radiants:

(my fave - looks to sparkle well, high crown, 5.7x5.7 so largish for the budget - tradeoff is an inclusion in the table but I really doubt it can be noticed)

(stunner in terms of facet pattern but tiiiiny)

With one of these settings:

Some Tiffany Lucida options - unfortunately both bulkier settings:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean I hate to say it but I’d probably lay get her a princess cut!
That looks the same to me ‍♀️
does he think used is acceptable?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol that was supposed to be a shrug emoji!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How exciting but a lot of pressure. LOL I've looked at the True & I to me, it has an identity crisis. LOL Find out from him if a round in a square setting would be an option? DK is relatively cheap for simple settings & he can get one custom made. I realize her dream ring has 4 prongs but a faux bezel of a round in a square/cushion shape might be an option. There doesn't seem to be many good radiants for him to pick from. Maybe a princess cut like Niel suggested would be good.
Here is a thread discussing faux bezels...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There must be more like this around - www

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great find if she's happy with a similar looking ring that is not from Tiffany. I hope the OP puts that on hold.

It’s gorgeous but it’s only 5.71x 5.70!

That is face up size like a .75 round :errrr:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like the radiant cut is the most similar. Another option if your friend's son and his girlfriend are open to lab diamonds is Lightbox. I'm still not sure how I feel about their diamonds after browsing their smaller ones, but some PSers have the larger ones and they look amazing! You can get a 1.125ct princess cut for $1000 and have it reset into a simple setting. if she is open to a princess cut, would just need to find the right setting with prongs to cover the corners to get more of the Tiffany True shape. That would leave $3500 for wedding or savings!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love square shapes and I’m a sucker for a gorgeous emerald but they need to be substantial in carat size imo to not get lost on the finger. I like finger real estate! Lol

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I was looking for anything up to 3K with a clear pattern of brilliance / reflections, if not necessarily a step/brilliant cut, a couple of smaller 'cushions with arrows' came up first [above]. I would rather have any of these in the lightest, simplest solitaire setting, in this order:

1 ct G/VS1 - a brilliant cushion WWW I assume this was a very good new cut lost on the lists, it seems to have an extra tier of pavilion facets, and a small open culet - 6 X 5.7 mm

.8 cts G/VS - an old style brilliant with a prominent open culet, and the same size as the above, despite the smaller weight & price WWW

There are interesting things at the blue nile, but smaller - www etc.

2c

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results