shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me show you my new ring -- by James Allen

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Finally my ring upgrade was done. I received my new ring last Monday night, and got chance taking some pictures earlier today.
So I am able to share it with you all.

Around the end of May I was debating hard which stone to get and posted questions in RockyTalky:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-should-i-melt-two-stones-into-a-bigger-one.161176/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-should-i-melt-two-stones-into-a-bigger-one.161176/[/URL]

It was a hard choice to make within days since I could not put them on hold longer. So I decided to foucs on light performance, then the size/cost. Based on the input from you and JA team, I proceeded my order with 2.53cw I VS2 55, 61.5, 34.5, 40.8, and had JA to modify and set it in my existing six-prong setting.

This is my first purchase/jewelry project with James Allen. My experience with this purchase has been great although there was a little bump on the road. But it has resulted in a ring I love at the end. Since I live in NJ, I took advantage to view stones in JA's New York office before my purchase. I met with Julianna (gemologist) and viewed two stones (inlcuding 2.53cw I VS2) during my first visit. Julianna is a wonderful lady/gemologist to view stones together. I was very impressed by her knownologies/honest opinions/suggestions. She has a pair of great trained eyes. With her help, I learned to see how a lot of tiny SI1 cloud inlcusion impacted on light performance although it could appear as eye-clean. ... I decided on 2.53cw I VS2 after a day viewing stones and had JA sale associate (Adam) to send me order confirmation. But just a day after receiving order confirmation, I found two more larger stones I would like to consider. Adam arranged to get stones in and find time for me to view them with Julianna again in NYC office immediately...when I was debating on 3 stones, I found another stone re-appearing on market, which I was checking before. I requested it to be inspected by a gemologist. By then I had 4 stones to choose from, but after input from you PSers, I know my main focus was on two of them ( 2.53 vs 3.02). Too bad Julianna was on vacation...without talking to her I felt hard to pull final trigger. I emailed Jim too and got his reply back. Later Josh( sale manager) called me and helped me sort out choices. My order of 2.53cw moved forward ... I was impressed by how professional the entire JA team. handled my purchase. They honestly answered my questions based on fatcs and my priorities even after I said My husband/I were fine to pay out $13k more for a bigger stone if it made sense. ... A week later my ring arrived. It's perfectly made. But too bad it's not in my original setting style. However, the stone is gorgeous. It's like a fire ball. Under sun I could not look at it directly without a sunglass on ....I tried my new ring on for 2-3 weeks to see if I could get used to the new setting style. ... The style of new setting set stone a bit too high for my taste, and the prong was a bit "too strong" for my taste either, so I let JA know weeks later that I decided to get it changed. With Julianna/Josh worked together with JA production, I got back a ring I love! I was once again impressed by the way JA team handled the issue. Its customer service is just great! Also James Allen offers great price on stone with great choices, especially with PS discount.

Ok, let me show off my new ring, and thanks for lettingme share ...

063.jpg

046.jpg

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
more pictures ...

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

006_s.gif

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
more ...

005_s.gif

013_s.gif

069.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! Congrats!

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
The main reason I upgraded my e-stone was due to my original stone was too small when wearing my 5-stone ring on the right hand.
So I took some pictures of both rings together to share with you ...

022.gif

057.jpg

059.jpg

065.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a true classic! :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!! Absolutely stunning! What are the specs of your 5 stone? Do you have any hand shots of the two together? I'm looking into five stones!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - classic, elegant, and huge!!

So, now do you have to upgrade your five stone because your reset is just too big for it? :Up_to_something:

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
I have one picture with both rings on hands taken by my friend, but the e-ring was off the central of finger. :(
I guess I still share it.

Here is the thread for my 5-stone ring you may find more detail if you have not found it yet:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-stone-trellis-ring-and-necklace-custom-made-by-wf.159548/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-stone-trellis-ring-and-necklace-custom-made-by-wf.159548/[/URL]

I will add more pictures for my 5-stone ring in the thread soon, which I have not got chance to do it before.

001.jpg

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1312088485|2980943 said:
Beautiful - classic, elegant, and huge!!

So, now do you have to upgrade your five stone because your reset is just too big for it? :Up_to_something:

LOL ... I know you got me. For now they are perfect together ... But hehe, I do have other smaller projects to report back...

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! And your five stone ring is just as beautiful as well! Congrats on the upgrade, and enjoy it to the fullest! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring~ congrats!! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. You are very lucky- both rings are incredible!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its a beauty!

Love your 5 stone too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are just gorgeous - is the new six prong mounting their version of the Tiffany six prong mounting? I really like this one - the prongs have that short, swoopy feel that I associate with the Tiffany mounting.

Just beautiful - I don't think you need to upgrade your five stone ring though. Love the balance between the two hands.

Enjoy - just spectacular and thanks for sharing!!

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Junebug, cokitty, centralsquare, yssie, verdy, minmin, lknvrb, amys bling, tyty, and MissGot Rocks, thank you very much for your nice feed back. The ring is truely beautiful which I just cannot keep my eyes off it. It spakles like crazy. Even when my 5-stone ring looked "quiet" under some light condition e.g. on a commuter train, this new ring still looked "very active" and had "a lot of life".

MissGotRocks|1312117031|2981029 said:
Your rings are just gorgeous - is the new six prong mounting their version of the Tiffany six prong mounting? I really like this one - the prongs have that short, swoopy feel that I associate with the Tiffany mounting.

MissGotRocks, the new setting is JA style 17192p which they found it's close to my original setting. The order form did have instruction to set stone low and round the shank for comfort per my request. When I first received it, I thought it could be set a bit higher for a even better look although I was already very happy with the result. But after wearing it for a week, I think it's just perfect for my taste!

I forgot including detail spec of my ring, and I could no longer modify my posts, so here we go:

- Ring size 7, set in platinum setting JA style 17192p.
- The e-stone is 2.53cw I VS2, GIA ex/ex/ex, 55, 61.5, 34.5, 40.8 ,8.76*8.80*5.40mm, faint,HCA 1.3 ex/ex/ex/vg.

Too many pictures already, but let me show you one more which includes my old stone 1.38cw, E, VS1.
I could tell the color difference when comparing I and E side by side in loose stones. However, color I does not show color at all after it's set.

Thanks again for letting me sharre.

007.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the mounting and think the lower set stones make life easier - nothing to grab and bump with - at least not as much!

I think the ring is beautiful and your old stone would make a gorgeous solitaire pendant!

Congrats again - you are blingalicious!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and classic!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Those rings are fabulous and look gorgeous on you!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous set! Solitaires will always be my favorite :love: And what a gorgeous 5-stone, just stunning!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very nice!!! :love:

Enjoy your new (and big!) ring!

Cachette :))

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous - as is your five-stone! Your photographs are beautiful, especially with Hermes being the backdrop! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your new ring is gorgeous! That 2.53 looks huge and very sparkly! I love the head on the setting. Congrats! :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning solitaire! The 5stone and the plain band both accent the solitaire Nicely!!! Enjoy your beauties!!! :love: :love: :appl:

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Omg! Stunning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really like this solitaire--both the diamond and setting. I'm usually not a solitaire fan, but am starting to come around. When you have a beautiful diamond, like yours, it's breathtaking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results