shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma ((((hugs))))

Keeping your brother in law in my thoughts and prayers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel broken as a result of over a year of strict COVID isolation. I am frustrated at people who don't take COVID and precautions seriously. Can't control other people, but their actions impact my quality of life. Talking with my therapist doesn't really help, gratitude only goes so far.

Hope you can see your parents soon @MRBXXXFVVS1 ❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @missy ! I appreciate the prayers for my BIL!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the day that my BIL was scheduled for his 1st Covid vaccine, he found out that he has cancer for the 4th time in 5 years. My nephew is only 6 and my sister is significantly younger than I am. I am scared so them.

I’m so so sorry ;( I hope his treatment is successful and he pulls through okay. Again. How unbelievably unfair. I’ll be thinking of your family today. :(sad

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @yssie . I really appreciate the thoughts and positive vibes!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have kept my kindergartener home this year so that we could continue to see my parents, sister, BIL and nephew (they are in the same household). I wanted to see my cancer survivor parents and for my nephew to have a learning pod.

On the day that my BIL was scheduled for his 1st Covid vaccine, he found out that he has cancer for the 4th time in 5 years. My nephew is only 6 and my sister is significantly younger than I am. I am scared so them.

Ugh. F cancer. I am so sorry.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @JPie . Some more hard times ahead but I pray that my BIL will be ok. :((

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma , healing vibes to your bil and much strength to you and your family.

Eff Cancer

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I entered the kitchen this morning to find my DH wiping off the island with his underwear.

I had a monumental eruption that I'm sure could be seen from space, shouted WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I PREPARE MY FOOD THERE, W.....T.....F!!??!!
To which he replied "they're fairly clean" (likely meaning he put them on after his previous evening shower and wore them to bed)

Which led to another monumental eruption from me about buttholes and other parts and the more surprised he looked at how appalled I was the angrier I got.

There are paper towels on the island, there's windex, granite cleaner, bleach within finger distance. Why on earth he thought it was a better idea to walk down the hall to the laundry cart and remove his dirty underwear to use is beyond my ability to understand. I don't want to understand.

I sprayed a half inch of bleach on the granite and let it sit there a half hour then used ammonia then used granite cleaner.

He promised not to do it again.

There might come a time when I can laugh about it, but it's not happening today.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I worried for fIve years that I was developing heart failure with cardiomyopathy. I got a routine echocardiogram in 2016 that showed my heart was borderline low normal with other not so great changes..The cardiologist repeated it a year later with basically the same result but more on the edge of normal. I was supposed to get another echocardiogram but I never made the appointments to have it done. I continued to see him but wouldn’t go in to have the echo. He wanted to repeat it in two years...I waited until yesterday...four years later. I started on special supplements to support my heart five years ago. I believe they helped...My results today say I don’t have heart failure or cardiomyopathy..My ejection fraction is now firmly in the normal range...I’m so relieved but feel like I have PTSD because of living for five years with the thought that my heart could be failing. Now I know I’m fine..l can’t tell you how happy I am today. Sorry to ramble but I had to get it out...I’m a happy old girl..:bigsmile:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I entered the kitchen this morning to find my DH wiping off the island with his underwear.

I had a monumental eruption that I'm sure could be seen from space, shouted WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I PREPARE MY FOOD THERE, W.....T.....F!!??!!
To which he replied "they're fairly clean" (likely meaning he put them on after his previous evening shower and wore them to bed)

Which led to another monumental eruption from me about buttholes and other parts and the more surprised he looked at how appalled I was the angrier I got.

There are paper towels on the island, there's windex, granite cleaner, bleach within finger distance. Why on earth he thought it was a better idea to walk down the hall to the laundry cart and remove his dirty underwear to use is beyond my ability to understand. I don't want to understand.

I sprayed a half inch of bleach on the granite and let it sit there a half hour then used ammonia then used granite cleaner.

There might come a time when I can laugh about it, but it's not happening today.

I think your husband and mine are brothers. Heaven knows what mine does when I’m not around!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worried for fIve years that I was developing heart failure with cardiomyopathy. I got a routine echocardiogram in 2016 that showed my heart was borderline low normal with other not so great changes..The cardiologist repeated it a year later with basically the same result but more on the edge of normal. I was supposed to get another echocardiogram but I never made the appointments to have it done. I continued to see him but wouldn’t go in to have the echo. He wanted to repeat it in two years...I waited until yesterday...four years later. I started on special supplements to support my heart five years ago. I believe they helped...My results today say I don’t have heart failure or cardiomyopathy..My ejection fraction is now firmly in the normal range...I’m so relieved but feel like I have PTSD because of living for five years with the thought that my heart could be failing. Now I know I’m fine..l can’t tell you how happy I am today. Sorry to ramble but I had to get it out...I’m a happy old girl..:bigsmile:

❤️:appl::love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m laughing. Out loud. I’m sorry. I can’t not.

I’d also like to know - was he wearing any underwear whilst he wiped? Or were these misguided (but maybe just a tiny bit endearing) ablutions performed in the buff?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My boss thought it was okay to call me Crazy in front of my key staff and his partner (who was on the telephone).
Because he didn't understand that we were all on the same page and he was in outerspace . So he calls his partner to get his opinion on the issue that he has no idea about and calls me crazy.
After I dragged his ass into his office and said that's not okay he just brushed it off as he was trying to win an argument
When will he get that I am trying to run a business not prove that he is not right 98% of the time.
rant over

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

that sounds like a sitcom moment ha! life is stranger than fiction!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
was he wearing any underwear whilst he wiped?

He was clad and lucky he was because I would have lopped off his brain and placed it in his hand :razz:

Papillion

Rough_Rock
This feels a little bit minor in comparison to people who are suffering with friends and family with illness, although I've certainly had my share of that. But what has really bugged me lately is the Nextdoor site and the way they set up their "leads" as bullies and cult leaders on the site and protect them so that they can pretty much do and say anything to the fellow members, yet if you criticize them in return, you will get suspended from their childish site. It's like going back to junior high for a day to enter into their juvenile world full of Karens and bigots and crime paranoids. Feeling so much better now that I've been off the site for awhile. What a downer place to be, and hope they lose a lot of their site traffic now that the pandemic is easing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I laughed my hole off!!!! Too funny!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fantastic news @MamaBee!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay @MamaBee so happy for you!!!

@Matata O. M. G!! That is really unsanitary to say the least!! Ick EF9B6288-AA85-48BC-B7F0-CEE4F5B27DE8.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was clad and lucky he was because I would have lopped off his brain and placed it in his hand :razz:

It seems this was a timely conversation, as my other half and I are, um, not cut from the same cloth..
93572B6F-D8D8-46B0-BD7C-31C0BFDFC9D5.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results