shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Facebook happily ’reminded’ me today about the post I made 5 years ago lamenting my beloved angel cat’s last few days.

I didn’t need reminding. It was like a punch to the gut.

I’ve seen lots of people disappearing from facebook over the last few years. People talk about being glad they did. And the news is full of chatter about how bad the corporation is anyway. So, naturally I started the process to delete facebook.

During the obligatory messaging with people who should get a courtesy heads-up, one of them responded by saying that the cat she’d adopted from me had died just after christmas.

Another gut punch.

It will be 14 days before my page is gone, thanks to facebook’s policies, In the meantime, I think it was the right choice.

Ugh those "memories" are awful!

Celebrating 5yrs of friendship with someone you no longer speak to!
Celebrating this memory of you and your horrible ex-boyfriend now that you are a married woman!
Celebrating this embarrassing post from when you had a few too many drinks in college!

Between the politics and the lack of interest in posts from many people I am no longer in touch with, I went off Facebook a while back.

It did wonders for my mental health.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facebook happily ’reminded’ me today about the post I made 5 years ago lamenting my beloved angel cat’s last few days.

I didn’t need reminding. It was like a punch to the gut.

I’ve seen lots of people disappearing from facebook over the last few years. People talk about being glad they did. And the news is full of chatter about how bad the corporation is anyway. So, naturally I started the process to delete facebook.

During the obligatory messaging with people who should get a courtesy heads-up, one of them responded by saying that the cat she’d adopted from me had died just after christmas.

Another gut punch.

It will be 14 days before my page is gone, thanks to facebook’s policies, In the meantime, I think it was the right choice.

Oh not- that is horrible. Very sorry this happened, it is so cruel.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying a car is painful PAINFUL!

I ask: What is the bottom line on the car?

He says: Well there is no bottom line, everything is negotiable.

*sigh*

I just want my car back, I absolutely despise the dealership dance.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada good luck to you! I am buying a new car too. Incredibly, my every-day driver, with less than 40k miles, needs a transmission?!?! :x2

Further grumbling about not being able to visit our very sick 90 yo father (in-law to me) in the hospital. He is having congestive heart failure and is all alone...I did get a FaceTime call today at 5:15am from his nurse and him... he said, “Get me outta here!!” :cry2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

*sigh*

Hubby uses fightingchance.com ...costs 40 bucks. They give you all the pricing and everything on one make and model of car. Then you can head out ready to cut a good deal knowing what the dealer paid. More involved than what I put here, but you may want to take a look.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your FIL @Slick1!

I shouldn’t complain about my car it has 243k miles and the head gasket went. It’s just the process of dealing with the car dealers that is so
miserable.

@MMtwo thank you so much, was not aware of that site.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your FIL @Slick1!

I shouldn’t complain about my car it has 243k miles and the head gasket went. It’s just the process of dealing with the car dealers that is so
miserable.

@MMtwo thank you so much, was not aware of that site.

I don't love that site's fonts at all. My husband loves to haggle and bargain and always orders the package for our cars/trucks. We then figure out which trims we want and he goes in with his bottom price. I don't like all of this sales drama, but he finds it a sport. Sorry your car died.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another birthday with no plans. It isn't the pandemic. It just is life. One year it was busy dealing with a court thing. Another was helping my stepdaughter with homework. Another was a school thing for her. A couple were school things for me. There was pneumonia once, bronchitis a couple of times, you name it. Last year, we were both down with COVID.

Knowing DH doesn't bother with plans (I sort of can't blame him since it is so reliably a miserable day with minimal we can do), I went ahead and ordered a cake from a friend who runs her own cake business. Truly gorgeous cakes that are absolutely delicious. I got a message yesterday that she has tested positive with COVID so not able to bake for the next couple of weeks. Rather than get a refund, I opted to transfer it to an order for DH's birthday in June.

I don't know if I want my grandparents to drop by and surprise me with a cake or not. I mean, if they do and we are gone buying cake from some place it would be sad. That said... Sitting around all day waiting to see if they come and not having a cake or anything at all would be sad too. I don't want to call and ask plans because I know much depends on how Grandma feels during the day and I don't want her to feel pressured or like she disappointed anyone.

I have said it before and will likely say it many more times in my life... I wish the day just didn't exist. Or that everyone could just agree to forget the whole thing and just not even mention it I'm passing.

On one hand, I feel petty and selfish for even being bothered. On the other hand, DH has always gone on about how much he has been hurt in past as people don't plan anything for his birthday or father's day. Not me. I have done something every single year. I've already got a good idea what I am doing for him this year plus a second choice in case that doesn't work out.

With that grumble out, I better get back to deciding what sort of cake I can do curbside pickup on...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another birthday with no plans. It isn't the pandemic. It just is life. One year it was busy dealing with a court thing. Another was helping my stepdaughter with homework. Another was a school thing for her. A couple were school things for me. There was pneumonia once, bronchitis a couple of times, you name it. Last year, we were both down with COVID.

Knowing DH doesn't bother with plans (I sort of can't blame him since it is so reliably a miserable day with minimal we can do), I went ahead and ordered a cake from a friend who runs her own cake business. Truly gorgeous cakes that are absolutely delicious. I got a message yesterday that she has tested positive with COVID so not able to bake for the next couple of weeks. Rather than get a refund, I opted to transfer it to an order for DH's birthday in June.

I don't know if I want my grandparents to drop by and surprise me with a cake or not. I mean, if they do and we are gone buying cake from some place it would be sad. That said... Sitting around all day waiting to see if they come and not having a cake or anything at all would be sad too. I don't want to call and ask plans because I know much depends on how Grandma feels during the day and I don't want her to feel pressured or like she disappointed anyone.

I have said it before and will likely say it many more times in my life... I wish the day just didn't exist. Or that everyone could just agree to forget the whole thing and just not even mention it I'm passing.

On one hand, I feel petty and selfish for even being bothered. On the other hand, DH has always gone on about how much he has been hurt in past as people don't plan anything for his birthday or father's day. Not me. I have done something every single year. I've already got a good idea what I am doing for him this year plus a second choice in case that doesn't work out.

With that grumble out, I better get back to deciding what sort of cake I can do curbside pickup on...

Happy birthday Toopatient. I hope you get the most delicious cake that curbside can bring you and hope your grandparents drop by today.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

*sigh*

You know that I truly understand your predicament.
If you are looking at used cars, try to find something wrong with the car, and negotiate lower.
Gee, there's a scuff right here, and a scratch over here. There is no spare tire. etc.
Or, just plainly state your budget, and that you absolutely cannot go higher.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

*sigh*

i bought my last 2 cars online partly because of this exact thing, even though there are better deals to be had if you negotiate. i hate it. just tell me the real price already...!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

*sigh*

I feel your pain! The last SA we had was, well, to be blunt, an idiot! We thought we'd settle on something then find out that car didnt
have everything we asked for. My DH finally said we're only buying a car you have here on the lot so we can see and make sure
it has everything (kind of limits your choice) we need. The car we traded in just flipped 100k. I saw it flip to 100k and stopped and took a
picture and sent it to DH. When the SA asked how many miles were on our trade-in we said just over 100k. Later he insinuated we had not
told the truth because he had 98k on his paperwork. No, you were the one who put down 98K. We told you "Just over 100K." We had no
reason to lie. The car was sitting right there.

Our current cars are 2 and 4 years old!!! We wont need a new one for at least 6 years (happy dance)!

Good luck @YadaYadaYada !!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
The question - What's for dinner??????? In a house of four humans with two almost grown adults yet no one has any ideas and only wants it to magically appear. Yet when you say, dinner is such & such... Oh I don't want that. Feed yo damn self then

This morning I wrote on our glass wall calendar what the menu is for today. Lunch and dinner. If you object, call grubhub!

Perfect response. You are expected to be possessed by Julia Childs and Jaques Peppin. When asked, everyday, generally respond Jeves skipped out, call for Pizza.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, DH is making a spreadsheet so we know what models are at which dealer and the prices. We are going on prepared tomorrow!

@bludiva, buying online is awesome especially if you know exactly what you want. Plus good deals that way.

@tyty333, ugh that is horrible, why would you lie about the mileage?! We are buying pre-owned and I’ve driven seven cars between last night and today. We are going to test drive a 2018 Mazda CX-9 tomorrow so I’m hoping that will be the winner.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, DH is making a spreadsheet so we know what models are at which dealer and the prices. We are going on prepared tomorrow!

@bludiva, buying online is awesome especially if you know exactly what you want. Plus good deals that way.

@tyty333, ugh that is horrible, why would you lie about the mileage?! We are buying pre-owned and I’ve driven seven cars between last night and today. We are going to test drive a 2018 Mazda CX-9 tomorrow so I’m hoping that will be the winner.

We have a 2018 CX-5. Love it! Also had the 2013 CX-5 and 2007 CX-7 (first batch with turbo).

Good luck with the sales end of it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Today my domestic helper brought my kids swimming (or more like to play in the pool) as she’s been doing the past few months. It’s something that both her and my kids enjoy doing together (my helper volunteers to do so and my DD even woke at 630 am today asking to go to the pool as my helper promised to bring them swimming yesterday).

Unfortunately a (racist?!!) Indian expat complained about my helper being in the pool to the security guard so my helper had to leave the pool. It’s shocking that in this day and age, such racist views still exists. I’m also raging at foreigners bringing their racist views over to Singapore. It makes me so upset, can’t imagine how my helper must feel.

My DD is only 5, so it’s not like my helper can just stay by the side of the pool to watch over them and clearly it’s not as fun for all of them as well if my helper is just forced to sit by the poolside and bake in the sun.

Just had to get this off my chest. So upset with that Indian expat

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a 2018 CX-5. Love it! Also had the 2013 CX-5 and 2007 CX-7 (first batch with turbo).

Good luck with the sales end of it!

Thank you! Just got done test driving and LOVE the car snow to talk numbers....

Happy Belated Birthday!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Toopatient. I hope you get the most delicious cake that curbside can bring you and hope your grandparents drop by today.

Thank you! No grandparents, but we did get lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. Not the same sitting in the car to eat, but it was nice. Instead of a whole cake I got creative. We stopped at a place that has a huge cheesecake menu and I ordered one slice of each that interested me. Will be nibbling cheesecake all week :lickout:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today my domestic helper brought my kids swimming (or more like to play in the pool) as she’s been doing the past few months. It’s something that both her and my kids enjoy doing together (my helper volunteers to do so and my DD even woke at 630 am today asking to go to the pool as my helper promised to bring them swimming yesterday).

Unfortunately a (racist?!!) Indian expat complained about my helper being in the pool to the security guard so my helper had to leave the pool. It’s shocking that in this day and age, such racist views still exists. I’m also raging at foreigners bringing their racist views over to Singapore. It makes me so upset, can’t imagine how my helper must feel.

My DD is only 5, so it’s not like my helper can just stay by the side of the pool to watch over them and clearly it’s not as fun for all of them as well if my helper is just forced to sit by the poolside and bake in the sun.

Just had to get this off my chest. So upset with that Indian expat

Your Indian expat needs to spend some time in America or the UK. They could get all the racism they need over there!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your Indian expat needs to spend some time in America or the UK. They could get all the racism they need over there!!!

Yup, they need their sense of superiority stepped on... I would like to see their faces if they were asked to leave a pool because they are Indians... and they are not my Indian expat... no thanks!

It’s sickening cos my helper has been down many times and in fact was happily playing with some Caucasian kids just before that (with their mum watching). So I dunno what’s so superior about those Indian expats? Am aware they have an entrenched caste system and all but really don’t bring it over to my country!

But thanks for understanding and hearing me vent! =)2

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an antique necklace on my radar. Chock full of Peruzzi cuts. Art in silver.a Soooooooo pretty....sooooo unique. It was a regular auction house (online nowadays). No mentioning of Peruzzi. In the description. I thought maybe I'm the only one who found this little badly photographed, badly described treasurer... Price estimated 2k.

It went for over 25 k! Plus 30% commission

I sure hope it's a private connoisseur or a PSer?? ( @JPie , maybe?) I hope it's not an Instagram seller who'll rip it apart for the stones!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an antique necklace on my radar. Chock full of Peruzzi cuts. Art in silver.a Soooooooo pretty....sooooo unique. It was a regular auction house (online nowadays). No mentioning of Peruzzi. In the description. I thought maybe I'm the only one who found this little badly photographed, badly described treasurer... Price estimated 2k.

It went for over 25 k! Plus 30% commission

I sure hope it's a private connoisseur or a PSer?? ( @JPie , maybe?) I hope it's not an Instagram seller who'll rip it apart for the stones!!

LOL I wish! It sounds like a dream. Do you have a pic?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Some of my friends work in essential industries but still have the priviledge of WFH, and got the vaccine. I can't say I blame them, but I feel that those with medical conditions should be able to get the vaccines first.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
o_O Some of my friends work in essential industries but still have the priviledge of WFH, and got the vaccine. I can't say I blame them, but I feel that those with medical conditions should be able to get the vaccines first.

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. Date I say, even here on PS. I'm so far down the list, it isn't funny. So many PSers have gotten it........

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Growing out a pixie cut sucks. That is all.

Oh yes - been there done that - TWICE! Didn't learn my lesson the first time around.... :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My latest gripe - my husband and I have scrimped and saved (no thanks to my jewelry habit) for a down payment on a house for a few years

We also aggressively paid of nearly six figures of student loans + medical debt in that time

We've made extraordinary sacrifices to do so, namely - we've lived in a teeny tiny 1 bedroom apartment with 3 cats and now a dog for 3.5yrs - all with the dream that one day, finally, we'd have our first modest house together

We are <6 months away from being able to enter the real estate market. But the market we are after is one of the hottest markets in the nation now. One of the reasons we picked it was due to affordability + amenities, but prices have increased 12.5% in the last year, and are projected to increase another ~10% this year. Rumors of people with full cash offers, bidding 10-40k over asking and getting denied....

Basically, we are getting priced out. And can't do anything about it. We can't compete with 2nd, 3rd time buyers with cash in hand or developers just swallowing up anything in sight.

I am gutted...and darn mad!

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I was injured at work 3+ years ago, when I was struck from behind by a broken fire door weighing several hundred pounds. It launched me into the air and herniated discs in 2 locations bilaterally. I've been in pain since and my claim has been mismanaged by my doctor, my employer and worksafe. They are reviewing the claim but not giving me treatment, helping with expenses or lost earnings (I had to give up my OFA3 ticket). Now Worksafe is avoiding me.
Worksafe is a toxic, incompetent and vile organization and does little to help injured workers. F*ck you Worksafe.

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
Growing out a pixie cut sucks. That is all.

Yes it does, man best of luck! I tried unsuccessfully for about 7 years, I'd get annoyed and cut it off again. I'm 2.5 years out now. For me side twists or little braids around my face with a Bobby pin helped :)

16154125614602191871990423802440.jpg

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously, at this point if time, its like WHATEVER!!!!! I’m so mad!!
:angryfire:
It’ll get here when it get here...
got an email saying my order will be finished 3/15!!! Supposedly yesterday (3/10)!!!!!!
And they said the reason is because I change the diamond and they need to recast. I don’t understand the difference between 9.20x9.26 vs 9.20x9.24 and 9.16x9.20 vs 9.19x9.22 that WF need to recast 0.03mm difference. It feels like they didn’t meet the dateline and they blame it on me that I change the diamond, its only 0.03mm difference!!! So I can’t change the diamond ever with this setting it has to be that exact certain dimension??? What a bull!! 0.03mm!!!!! I won’t be mad if you just said: “I’m sorry we missed our dateline”. Do you actually want me to believe that you recast 0.03mm difference??????????
Really refraining myself from writing long, angry email and just keep it simple and clean!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: But my inside is really boiling right now!!!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results