shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIL.
Is it normal for a 74 yr old MIL to call her 52yr old son while she is drunk and high, hanging out with her senior friends to tell said son that she is having a ball? She is so elementary to me.
I don't get it.

Some people never grow up.
It took my BIL a long long time to grow out of the drugging and stealing. I *think* he's ok now.....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have "lost" an entire bag of presents. I cant think of two things that are definitely in there, but who knows what else because I have so many. Ugh. WHERE IS IT?!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have "lost" an entire bag of presents. I cant think of two things that are definitely in there, but who knows what else because I have so many. Ugh. WHERE IS IT?!

@Dee*Jay Could the kids have moved them to another spot?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
MIL.
Is it normal for a 74 yr old MIL to call her 52yr old son while she is drunk and high, hanging out with her senior friends to tell said son that she is having a ball? She is so elementary to me.
I don't get it.

Maybe she wants to show off to her friends how close she is with her son. Some people have strange ways of trying to brag lol.

I have a relative who likes to call and drunkenly babble on. I started just letting the calls go to voicemail. She seems just as happy to babble on there so I don't think she even notices. :rolleyes:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have done this, I put stuff in hiding and forget for a bit where I put it, usually in a closet or under a bed is where I find it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, normally they would indeed be the most probably culprits, but the kids haven't been at the house for several days. It's more likely that TR moved it! But he swears he didn't...

Autumn, I'm hoping whatever is in there will be good for next year too because at this rate I'm losing hope rapidly for the recovery!

TR even dumped out the giant garbage can the other night and looked because he thought there was a white bag at the bottom. And there was... but not THIS bag.

Ack.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my relationship with my SIL (husband’s sister) imploded last night, on my front lawn no less, you know because we are high class like that.

Anyways she feels that I am “out of control” at times and DH always takes my side. She also said she “sees what I’ve done to other family members and knew she would be next”. She is referring to when I went no contact with my dysfunctional MIL. Interesting though she only said this when I wasn’t out there, the Ring doorbell caught it all though. There were points she was screaming at me and wouldn’t let me get a word in, she speaks to me with absolute disdain.

It was an absolute $hitshow but at least we all got our feelings out :knockout:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my relationship with my SIL (husband’s sister) imploded last night, on my front lawn no less, you know because we are high class like that.

Anyways she feels that I am “out of control” at times and DH always takes my side. She also said she “sees what I’ve done to other family members and knew she would be next”. She is referring to when I went no contact with my dysfunctional MIL. Interesting though she only said this when I wasn’t out there, the Ring doorbell caught it all though. There were points she was screaming at me and wouldn’t let me get a word in, she speaks to me with absolute disdain.

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Unhealthy people always fight against healthy boundaries. She sounds super dysfunctional. There’s no reasoning with that.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My OCD is off the charts right now. No one can stand to talk to me or be in my presence because all I can talk about is the pandemic. The worst part about OCD is that you have insight, you just can’t help yourself. I witness the scene as I ramble on about how people I love will die if they don’t follow specific (and overly cautious) instructions. I see their faces as they either pity me or tune out. Any normal person would stop talking but to me, it’s life and death. My doctor tells me to take Valium all day but I am worried that will dull my senses and cause me to let my guard down and that will be the moment someone will die. I know all of this is not normal. I know I’m overwhelming those around me. I just can’t stop.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awwww, @YadaYadaYada
I guess she is right, now she gets to be "no contact" too.
Just back away slowly......

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My OCD is off the charts right now. No one can stand to talk to me or be in my presence because all I can talk about is the pandemic. The worst part about OCD is that you have insight, you just can’t help yourself. I witness the scene as I ramble on about how people I love will die if they don’t follow specific (and overly cautious) instructions. I see their faces as they either pity me or tune out. Any normal person would stop talking but to me, it’s life and death. My doctor tells me to take Valium all day but I am worried that will dull my senses and cause me to let my guard down and that will be the moment someone will die. I know all of this is not normal. I know I’m overwhelming those around me. I just can’t stop.

I’m sorry @House Cat..I feel somewhat the same. I’m able to keep it tamped down but I do go off on a tangent every so often. I don’t feel a lot of people think it’s as serious and scary as it is. I have a son who poo poos a lot of the science..Maybe try to become a little less informed. I try to limit checking the state of the virus to once a day. Otherwise I become overwhelmed and consumed to learn more.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, thanks for your support, I’m sorry you are struggling with OCD, this pandemic has caused so much damage physically and emotionally.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I don't understand how anyone couldn't adore you. A pox upon your SIL. Let's all wave bye-bye to the toxicity.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope this wasn’t during Christmas. I remember you saying that you enjoy getting together with them for the holiday.
Its her loss. It’s awful that she had to carry on screaming at you on your front lawn. TG your husband sticks up for you. That probably infuriated her. Good.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Matata, you are too sweet. Surely I’m not perfect but she was off the rails and obviously has a negative opinion about me. Just say so then and let’s be done with it!

@MamaBee, this wasn’t on Christmas, it was last night, thankfully Christmas was peaceful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
Put all your rings on and give her the backhand. She probably understands that Italian discipline.

She sounds unstable, from what you have mentioned about her in the past

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's with the ultra short a dress trend that's been going on for a while?

I'm only 5.5" and I ordered two dresses for new year's eve ( we're celebrating by ourselves so I can get a new dress , right?) . Both are wide enough, but barely cover my buttocks length wise! Most people I know are taller than me so that's visible crotch territory there. .. I don't get it... I was pretty shocked when I realized that the three tweed blazers I bought at Zara (nice slim waistline, fabric not bulky) are supposed to be dresses too. I looked at the internet store photos and all models are about 5.9 according to the description. On them the item looks short but still covering the underwear. Again, I'm 5.5 and I wear those with jeans and they just cover my bum. No matter how young one is and what a great figure one has, those just look like one forgot to put on one's trousers IRL!

#justgettingold?

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's with the ultra short a dress trend that's been going on for a while?

I'm only 5.5" and I ordered two dresses for new year's eve ( we're celebrating by ourselves so I can get a new dress , right?) . Both are wide enough, but barely cover my buttocks length wise! Most people I know are taller than me so that's visible crotch territory there. .. I don't get it... I was pretty shocked when I realized that the three tweed blazers I bought at Zara (nice slim waistline, fabric not bulky) are supposed to be dresses too. I looked at the internet store photos and all models are about 5.9 according to the description. On them the item looks short but still covering the underwear. Again, I'm 5.5 and I wear those with jeans and they just cover my bum. No matter how young one is and what a great figure one has, those just look like one forgot to put on one's trousers IRL!

#justgettingold?

Kipari, my Dad used to say to me: you know S, if you paid $5 more dollars you could have gotten the other half of that dress. SO it has been going on for a LONG TIME (cuz I'm ancient :P2 )

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Cancer sucks!!!!
My kids’ childhood friend Drew, only 17 years old is fighting for his life. He was diagnosed with an acute form of Leukemia just 12 days ago and started aggressive chemo about 5 days ago.

Tonight, he is unresponsive after an emergency brain surgery due to ruptured blood vessels in his brain. It is too much for my kids and us to bear. His family lives in our neighborhood, and we are friends with his whole family. My heart is breaking…..please wake up Drew! We love you!!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Cancer sucks!!!!
My kids’ childhood friend Drew, only 17 years old is fighting for his life. He was diagnosed with an acute form of Leukemia just 12 days ago and started aggressive chemo about 5 days ago.

Tonight, he is unresponsive after an emergency brain surgery due to ruptured blood vessels in his brain. It is too much for my kids and us to bear. His family lives in our neighborhood, and we are friends with his whole family. My heart is breaking…..please wake up Drew! We love you!!!!

Oh gosh. What a nightmare. From 0 to 60 in no time at all…

His poor parents too. I hope a miracle happens! So sorry you and your kids and his family are going through this.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom he's in my prayers.

In other news, my mom decided to tell us the day after Christmas that she's dealing with another aneurysm on the same vein. Not sure what will be done but we won't know much until after the new year.

She knew December 3 to which thats the day she told dad. She decided not to say anything to us kids as one of my brother's was getting married that day (this was news to me but OK!), December 6, her anniversary as well as mine. December 10, my birthday. December 17, my sisters birthday. Then Christmas.

I would have rather she said something earlier, at least to me anyway.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@jaysonsmom he's in my prayers.

In other news, my mom decided to tell us the day after Christmas that she's dealing with another aneurysm on the same vein. Not sure what will be done but we won't know much until after the new year.

She knew December 3 to which thats the day she told dad. She decided not to say anything to us kids as one of my brother's was getting married that day (this was news to me but OK!), December 6, her anniversary as well as mine. December 10, my birthday. December 17, my sisters birthday. Then Christmas.

I would have rather she said something earlier, at least to me anyway.

Thank you for your prayers…your mom will be in my prayers too.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So terribly sad @jaysonsmom I’m sorry and will pray for his recovery.

@Arcadian I am sure your mom was shielding you from sadness. That’s what moms do. Sending healthy vibes her way!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Cancer sucks!!!!

Drew lost his battle with Leukemia….we are heartbroken and devastated for his family. No parent should have to lose a child, ever…especially a teen with a beautiful heart and bright future that just applied to Colleges. He didn’t even get to graduate high school…..I repeat…Cancer sucks!

Thank you to all who sent prayer and positive thoughts.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drew lost his battle with Leukemia….we are heartbroken and devastated for his family. No parent should have to lose a child, ever…especially a teen with a beautiful heart and bright future that just applied to Colleges. He didn’t even get to graduate high school…..I repeat…Cancer sucks!

Thank you to all who sent prayer and positive thoughts.

@jaysonsmom My deepest condolences. This is indeed too much to bear and my heart broke. I know exactly how you and your children feel. I was in exactly this situation 30 years ago. Hugs and well wishes to you, your family and Drew's family. As a community, one can help keep his memory alive through the years. For his family, especially parents and siblings, every milestone or big event will now be bittersweet.y friend's parents told us it was a comfort fir them when they knew their son was not forgotten ( of course, this is highly personal and may vary).

I hate cancer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @jaysonsmom :(
My deepest condolences.

Cancer SUCKS :x2

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
@jaysonsmom I am sorry to hear that. I don’t know how to deal with those things except to pray.

My patient (36 years old, emergency heart surgery), is not getting better. I’ve talked to nearly every surgeon and cardiologist for advice. And they keep saying “have to be patient”. I have so much anxiety, I can barely sleep thinking of what should be done next.

I feel so inadequate/ responsible. I want to scream.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @jaysonsmom . This hurts my heart and I cant imagine how people that knew him must feel.

I'm sorry @allycat0303 ...sending healing vibes and hoping that your patient turns the corner very soon. I'm sorry for the anxiety
it is causing you. I'm wishing you some peaceful night's rest allycat.

Hearing about these young people makes me sad. I know I need to appreciate and have more gratitude for the health of my
loved ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results