shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds what a cr*p day. .. Thank you for being the only adult in this whole street. I cannot fathom having to deal with this.

Please do be careful. I'm sending a HUGE BEAR hug across the waters to you!!!!!

@allycat0303 you're an incredibly patient and benevolent spouse. Hats off to you..

Lots of strength and PS dust and a huge thank you for being there for your patients and family. You're still gentle and thoughtful in spite of all this pressure ! ❤️

thank you Kipari
i really appreate the hug
i know i should not have said that thing about how they only rent but it made my blood boil when she told us we should leave
we have been here longer too
before the last tenants -now she was a piece of work too -she was, we are sure a lady of the night with gang clients
but before tha,t it was empty when we moved in, still for sale and it was so quiet, we loved hearing the birds
anyway thankfully the mommy stray tom cat was back for his breakfast this morning
he did not come back for his dinner last night, so i gave him some of Borris' nicer food
he's so timid and he's getting old, he needs to get friendly and be nutured and become an old man family cat for someone, even if he continues to live in our garden and become our pet

oh and those neigboiurs have a cat who bullies Borris :x2

its a nice neighbourhod apart from a few

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry you had to deal with all that insanity. Lately I keep picturing problem people (and also regular people who occasionally act poorly) as spreading a contagious illness and then you feel miserable too. Which probably sounds a little goofy lol.

Anyway, good for you for calling the police! It was brave and wonderful. As I'm sure we know, domestic fights can quickly escalate to someone getting seriously hurt or worse. I wonder what Ms. Big Mouth would have to say then.
-------------------------
About the husbands who refuse to understand how Covid works and act accordingly, omg I feel for y'all. I'd probably screech at him until poor Nicki had to call the cops again lol.

thank you
expecially the last bit =)2

opps this is the grumpiy thread
no happy smilies ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just full of anxiety.

Last year I had finally gotten a job and worked two months before the state shut us down. The kids were remote all of the 2020-2021 school year, they both went back full time in September. I didn’t look for a job right away because I didn’t know how long the schools would stay open.

I interviewed and was hired on the spot for a part time job in the bakery department of a local grocery store the end of December, orientation is this Saturday. Now I’m worried that the schools will shut and I won’t be able to work. Do I let the kids stay home on the days I have to go in? They are 14 and 7, I can’t imagine the 7 year old doing school by himself. Also the kids don’t get along, my older son has no patience with my younger one.

There is literally nobody to watch the kids, and I know it’s just a grocery store job but this is an opportunity to contribute, to be someone other than a wife and mom (although I love being both). I’m worried I won’t be able to make it all work and then will have no job AGAIN, it’s just all so frustrating!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, Are you looking for people to comment on this or is a get it off your chest post?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for people to comment on this or is a get it off your chest post?

I hope she answers before you explode from holding in all the hugs :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she answers before you explode from holding in all the hugs :bigsmile:

@Matata, You are right about me waiting to explode. I was going to tell her that raising good kids is being a contributing member of society. Being a stay at home mom is a hard job. I hadn’t thought of throwing in a hug, but what the heck.

@YadaYadaYada, You are so much more than a wife and a mother.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am just full of anxiety.

Last year I had finally gotten a job and worked two months before the state shut us down. The kids were remote all of the 2020-2021 school year, they both went back full time in September. I didn’t look for a job right away because I didn’t know how long the schools would stay open.

I interviewed and was hired on the spot for a part time job in the bakery department of a local grocery store the end of December, orientation is this Saturday. Now I’m worried that the schools will shut and I won’t be able to work. Do I let the kids stay home on the days I have to go in? They are 14 and 7, I can’t imagine the 7 year old doing school by himself. Also the kids don’t get along, my older son has no patience with my younger one.

There is literally nobody to watch the kids, and I know it’s just a grocery store job but this is an opportunity to contribute, to be someone other than a wife and mom (although I love being both). I’m worried I won’t be able to make it all work and then will have no job AGAIN, it’s just all so frustrating!

although not a mother, i had slightly more than two years out of the workforce for a combination of reasons (none of them good) before going back last Easter, i got a job at a local bakery just being behind the counter
You will feel so much better in yourself going back to work and being with people
also i've never had a job where ive been warm in the winter before
the money isnt great but it sure is helpful and i feel so much better within myself

please somehow find a way to make this work
covid is stuffing everyone up on all psossibe levels
i wish i could help

edit
please note in no way am i diminshing your job as a mum
thats the most importmat job in the world
i can only speek from experience and i only have cat kids

but i have got much more out of this work than my employer has had out of me :lol-2:
it helps i can truthfully say, hand on heart for the first time in my life i work for and with really nice people

if you work with good people this will somehow work out

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake, I just need something for me you know? Fingers crossed it works out.

@Daisys and Diamonds, you get it, just to see grown adults on a regular basis and be able to talk to them instead of myself would be amazing :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Calliecake, I just need something for me you know? Fingers crossed it works out.

@Daisys and Diamonds, you get it, just to see grown adults on a regular basis and be able to talk to them instead of myself would be amazing :lol:

If it helps at all, I recall that kind of stuff when I was raising kids but now they're long grown and on their own and I have endless time to do other things. So now, sometimes wonder why I got so upset about it all. NOT that it didn't matter but now with the long view of it all I'd go back to that saying about how there's a season for each thing, which definitely would have helped at the time.

Also, when they were little I had a few jobs where I could take them along because otherwise babysitters would have gotten most of my paycheck anyway. (At the time, I didn't really have any job skills that would translate into much more than minimum wage with part-time work). Babysitting, cleaning houses and a few other jobs, all of course with the employers' permission. Those situations were a little hard to find but not impossible. I'd give my little ones chores to help out and give them a dollar or so. It was so cute because they thought they were going to work too and they were so proud of earning their "pay." So, if this job doesn't work out maybe you could find something that you could take your younger one along on?

Or something you could do when your husband is home. Just saying, if this job isn't the right one for you right now, maybe you could still find one that would fit better for now.

Good luck with it. :)

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @seaurchin, I do usually believe it all works out in the end but it’s hard to see that when you’re in the thick of it. Then again we are all in the thick of it now, and things could be much worse than losing this job. It also helps that my husband is totally on board with me staying home, but of course that also makes his life easier too ;)2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, I hope my comment didn’t come off as insensitive and uncaring last night. I understand how you feel. I too loved working. Many of the younger woman I worked with needed to work for both the income and they felt they needed to work to be happy. Almost all of them said it was much harder staying home with small children and a few felt that they were losing a part of themselves by staying home and they were happy to come back to work.

One of my closest friends that had two children made the comment about wanting to be more than a wife and mother often when we were in our twenties and early thirties. She is and always has been one of the most amazing women I know.

I should have just shut up last night. I apologize for not doing so.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, I hope my comment didn’t come off as insensitive and uncaring last night. I understand how you feel. I too loved working. Many of the younger woman I worked with needed to work for both the income and they felt they needed to work to be happy. Almost all of them said it was much harder staying home with small children and a few felt that they were losing a part of themselves by staying home and they were happy to come back to work.

One of my closest friends that had two children made the comment about wanting to be more than a wife and mother often when we were in our twenties and early thirties. She is and always has been one of the most amazing women I know.

I should have just shut up last night. I apologize for not doing so.

Not at all, I didn’t take it that way, I always appreciate your perspective. I think maybe people have this opinion that I’m overly sensitive after taking some time away from PS before. I’m totally not though.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , You have always been open and honest and spoke your truth. I can’t speak for others but I see one strong woman, not someone who is overly sensitive. I’m betting most people here have the same opinion I have about you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we are living the same life. My husband just told me. “I need to go to the grocery store. I’ll wear a mask”

I just nearly had a meltdown.

I very coldly told him, “How would you feel if someone who was known Covid positive was walking around the grocery where your mom shops?” (She’s elderly and immunosuppressed)

That shut him up. But I don’t know what is wrong with him. I literally am looking up the “psychology” behind this. And it says that it is because he does not believe that his actions affect the outcome.

My husband doesn’t have Covid but I’m afraid my husband would do the same thing. He says he wouldn’t though. I also would worry he would come out of his room during quarantine when I’m sleeping to get something from the refrigerator or something. He said he would go to our other house to quarantine if he got it. I have a tracker that my son got me for Christmas to locate my keys. I actually don’t need that because my keys are always in my purse. I don’t need to take them out to start the car. He jokingly said you could track dad. That gave me the idea. I’m not kidding.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as school stays open, its a great thing to get out of the house with a part time job!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right? Fingers crossed, I really do need this for my own sanity!

complety different to your situation, but i /we had only made one friend in the two years we had lived here and that was Tibby, my avitar pic
when he died i just knew i had to get out and get a job to try and meet people and make friends
it seems the older one gets the harder it is to make friends

it also helps its a lot less stress than my old job
you stuff up with a dounut you just give people another one, you stuff up part of a timber order for someone's new house and it esculates very quickly

my customers now are nice all the time ... (99 %)
we are reasonably priced, they come in hungry and go away happy
it's killing my back, (if i wasn't standing all day on concrete i would love to work full time for my present employer as i also work at their bakehouse one day a week)
but i feel like i can now go out and look for a full time job with a lot more confidence in my own abilities, which was my 2nd motivation for going out and getting a part time job

It was hard leaving Gary at home on his own at first, i had hoped to only have one year off work but he got sick and was almost blind
it's kind of hard having a gap in my CV
but people will understand having time off to have babies

you should start a thread like i did, we can give you encourgement, i find it helped me a lot

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband bought me a phone for Christmas, which included a deal of sending in an old phone to get $300 off of the total cost of the new phone. We have I don't know how many old phones laying around, so great. Well, somehow I must've dropped the phone we were going to send in and it now has a crack, which is one of the requirements that it has to work, doesn't have a crack, etc.

From his reaction you would've thought I was a child who broke her dad's brand new expensive phone, screaming, saying how irresponsible I am.

I did not feel like reminding him that the new phone was his present to me, which now feels tainted, that the crack at worst is an accident and for all I know my kids did it, and that we probably have 3-4 other old phones we can send in instead.

Just another reminder that I have made a terrible choice in picking the life partner, who turns every minor hiccup into a dramatic negative incident that taints yet another memory. How can one single person bring so much toxicity into every fiber of your being? My mother used to be that person in my life, and now I've married one too.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I literally have no one in my life I can share my true feelings. Turning to strangers on the internet obviously isn't the best choice, but it's clear I don't make good choices in life...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom’s nursing home has five new covid cases today. They had six yesterday..It’s been about 20+ in about two weeks. The positives are all nursing and therapy staff. The residents are negative so far..It’s spreading like wildfire..:cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know that when this therad first started hugs were frowned on but i thunk its time for one especially for @Babyblue033
and it has to be socially distanced for @MamaBee 's mum
1641339955654.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Nicky..❤️

i just feel deadful for all the residence and their families at your mum's care home
we are two years into this
have we learnt nothing ?
i know accidents happen but i find this completly unaccceptable
why is it so hard to keep our most vaunarabel safe ????

i spell worse when angry

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Babyblue033, I’m sorry, it’s hard going through life with someone who makes unpleasant situations worse.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there anything we can do to help you @MamaBee? I know you are scared.

Thank you @Calliecake. I feel like she’s a sitting duck but there’s nothing I can do. I just tell her to put her mask on when they come in to wrap her legs or take her vitals. She has a large room so I told her to walk around her room every hour and try to stay out of the halls if possible.
It helps to be able to talk about it here. All of you have been a needed respite.
It’s been crazy. I’m worried about various things but I‘ve been searching emerald cut diamonds as a distraction. I’ve almost convinced myself I will get a small one. I’m going to call it Bling Therapy..:twisted2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee forgive me I didn't read all the posts..can your mom open the windows in her room? That would be helpful if she can.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee forgive me I didn't read all the posts..can your mom open the windows in her room? That would be helpful if she can.

No @missy The windows are sealed..I guess it’s a safety issue..She’s always cold so she wouldn’t open it even if she could. She tells me that they freeze her in there.I bought her an indoor thermometer. It registers 72 which is plenty warm. When she lived by herself in her condo she had it set about 80 degrees. We would dress in summer clothes under our coats in the winter. We would be gulping bottled water like we were on the Sahara..It would never be warm enough for her. My mother was the only person I ever saw wear a sweater over her bathing suit at the beach. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @missy The windows are sealed..I guess it’s a safety issue..She’s always cold so she wouldn’t open it even if she could. She tells me that they freeze her in there.I bought her an indoor thermometer. It registers 72 which is plenty warm. When she lived by herself in her condo she had it set about 80 degrees. We would dress in summer clothes under our coats in the winter. We would be gulping bottled water like we were on the Sahara..It would never be warm enough for her. My mother was the only person I ever saw wear a sweater over her bathing suit at the beach. :lol:

How’s her thyroid and iron?
I keep the indoor temperature at 80.
Emojis aren’t working on my phone but insert the ssshhh emoji here
:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How’s her thyroid and iron?
I keep the indoor temperature at 80.
Emojis aren’t working on my phone but insert the ssshhh emoji here
:lol:

@missy That’s so funny you keep your temp at 80 degrees! I turn my heat down to 67 at night but sleep with a heavy comforter and socks. :lol-2: During the day we keep it at 69-70.
She gets supplemental iron every day. Her thyroid numbers are fluctuating but they keep an eye on it and adjust it depending on where it is. She complains they’re always taking her blood..:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel a fraud coming on to the thread because I have nothing (important) to complain or worry about. I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for all the difficulties, unpleasantness, sorrow and anxieties you‘re experiencing.

I‘m glad this is a safe place for you to talk about things. Big hugs to all of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results