shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Child ate a bowl of tomato rice and promptly spilt it on his maths book, leaving a nasty tomato splotch.

I don't know why but I'm just so irritated. I had to walk away as he tried to clean up clumsily. It's like: Surely you can eat some damn rice without spilling it.

Very irked!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sister I am closest to found she had Lymphoma earlier this year. Then had some other tests and found she has stage 1 breast cancer, her husband was just diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer. Then they both got covid (recovered now) and same day she found her breast cancer their lake house burned to the ground. Does it ever end?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
USPS is making me mad. I get being busy and short staffed. Fine. Some things won't get delivered today. SAY SO!! The "customer requested package held at carrier facility" update is just wrong. Seriously. Last time this happened, I waited thinking it would show up in a day or two. Nope. Had to drive 30 minutes each way to pick it up. Answer as to why it was held was simply that it must have been loaded on the wrong route or something. So here we are again. Plus another package that was "attempted delivery" yesterday with no signature required should have just been left to sit in the driveway or on the porch. Nope. "Attempted delivery" here means that it will be "attempted" again in a day or two and not able to deliver despite leaving other packages here. I am convinced they never even load it in the car after the first time and not even sure about that! At least be honest in the updates! Better than earlier this sure when I had packages "delivered" that were nowhere to be found and suddenly appeared after 2-3 days.
The lady I picked up from last time this happened (at the post office) said that attempted delivery or hold for pick up is just their way of adding a status when it got forgotten at the post office, loaded into the wrong car, or a dozen different things. Thanks.... Grrr!

(Nothing critical. Just some packets of veggie seeds, smoked paprika, and a jar of harrisa 8) )

@TooPatient That happened to me the other day. I have my mail delivery guy’s cell phone number. He gave it to me after I gave him his holiday gift years back..haha I got the same message so I called him. He said that when a package comes in after they already start their route they would have to go back to the post office to retrieve it. They are so short staffed that he would be delivering the regular mail throughout the night if he did that. He said he scans it that way when he gets back to the post office at night so his superiors don’t start screaming at him. He just puts it in the truck the next day.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @autumngems. Your whole family must feel like a rug has been pulled out from under them. Sending your family prayers and dust. Please take care of yourself.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freaking LIVID right now. One of our kitties is in having her dental. The first she has needed. Got a call from the vet. They found two additional teeth with absorbtive lesions (okay, it happens) and a cracked tooth that probably happened when her jaw was BROKEN. This had to have happened in her first few years before she came to us. My stepdaughter and her mother were NOT good to animals. We have always suspected she had been hurt by them. Her jaw is still split in two! How can anyone hurt an animal on purpose!?!?!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freaking LIVID right now. One of our kitties is in having her dental. The first she has needed. Got a call from the vet. They found two additional teeth with absorbtive lesions (okay, it happens) and a cracked tooth that probably happened when her jaw was BROKEN. This had to have happened in her first few years before she came to us. My stepdaughter and her mother were NOT good to animals. We have always suspected she had been hurt by them. Her jaw is still split in two! How can anyone hurt an animal on purpose!?!?!

@TooPatient This makes me want to cry..OMG Anyone who hurts an innocent animal is evil!!! What are you going to do? What did your husband say?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Petty b!tch of the day: I am at O'Hare waiting to board a flight to Aspen... and it is OF COURSE delayed. I could have gotten on an earlier flight when I got here but I held off because I'm meeting my best traveling girlfriend and our flights were supposed to land within fifteen minutes of each other in Aspen. Now. Not so much... UGH.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming of things that actually matter. :cheeky:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient This makes me want to cry..OMG Anyone who hurts an innocent animal is evil!!! What are you going to do? What did your husband say?

The broken jaw was before she came to be with us. So before August 2012. The bone still wiggles, but doesn't cause pain and won't lead to other issues. The vet recommended leaving it alone. The cracked tooth needs to come out along with the three with absorbtive lesions. So that is what is happening now. Poor girl is having four extractions! Plus one little one that cracked off (same time as jaw likely) that doesn't need to come out.

I want to call and scream at them. I want to let the aunt know to encourage both to NEVER have an animal again until they get their mental issues under control. I won't. It wouldn't help. I had already passed on what I personally watched and our suspicions of worse issues in past. Haven't heard from the mother in three years. Haven't heard from the aunt in almost two years. Heard from my stepdaughter once I the last 3 1/2 years. Just one call to see if her dad was dead yet.

Poor kitty will continue to get loved and pampered and nothing but the best soft foods (her favorite anyway!). This definitely explains why she was so slow at relaxing. The visible relief as she realized my stepdaughter wasn't coming back was enough to make us cry three years ago and more tears shed today.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The broken jaw was before she came to be with us. So before August 2012. The bone still wiggles, but doesn't cause pain and won't lead to other issues. The vet recommended leaving it alone. The cracked tooth needs to come out along with the three with absorbtive lesions. So that is what is happening now. Poor girl is having four extractions! Plus one little one that cracked off (same time as jaw likely) that doesn't need to come out.

I want to call and scream at them. I want to let the aunt know to encourage both to NEVER have an animal again until they get their mental issues under control. I won't. It wouldn't help. I had already passed on what I personally watched and our suspicions of worse issues in past. Haven't heard from the mother in three years. Haven't heard from the aunt in almost two years. Heard from my stepdaughter once I the last 3 1/2 years. Just one call to see if her dad was dead yet.

Poor kitty will continue to get loved and pampered and nothing but the best soft foods (her favorite anyway!). This definitely explains why she was so slow at relaxing. The visible relief as she realized my stepdaughter wasn't coming back was enough to make us cry three years ago and more tears shed today.

TG she has you now..❤️ Poor baby..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dumb school district refused to go online for the first 2 weeks after break, and now 35 percent of our high school students are out bc of covid! Lots of teachers are out sick too! And what makes my blood boil—some colleagues are just pretending to have symptoms so they can stay home! Meanwhile —the rest of us are stuck subbing for them ! I know the are pretending bc they told me!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dumb school district refused to go online for the first 2 weeks after break, and now 35 percent of our high school students are out bc of covid! Lots of teachers are out sick too! And what makes my blood boil—some colleagues are just pretending to have symptoms so they can stay home! Meanwhile —the rest of us are stuck subbing for them ! I know the are pretending bc they told me!

Same @nala ! Subbing all over the school during preps. Skeleton staff…it’s especially awful because the students’ behavior is abominable when they see we are “man down!”
Hope this resolves quickly. Exhausting.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
We had a terrible snow storm today. It took me hours to clear the driveways. The lazy husband of mine did not lift a pinky finger. His argument, I should have waited until it melt. It was 6 feet of snow. How long do we have to wait for it to melt? Until April. So he won again. I’m the idiot who cleaned up the snow while I should have been lazy and pathetic like him.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just been reminded of why I had certain members on my Ignore list, and I have re-updated my Ignore list to re-include them.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big fat failure. Literally everything I have ever tried to do has failed. The thing is, I don't even mind because I'm so used to failing, but times like this week, when I've failed more publicly than usual, make it more hard to be a failure. Career, marriage, looks & health (am obese), longterm friendship - I have quite literally failed at it all. Normally it doesn't bother me, but this week has been stressful and embarrassing. I prefer my usual modi operandi, which is to fail in peace and in private. Everyone seems to get at me, and I wish people would just leave me alone and go pick on someone else. I tried really hard to do something very well at work, but I made one small mistake and someone absolutely hit the roof over it. I wouldn't have made that mistake at all if I hadn't been going above and beyond. I really don't know how I've got through life thus far. Grew up with domestic violence and abuse which went on for many decades, well into adulthood, had a difficult marriage thouands of miles away from home, and now I have genetic health issues, and work issues, and my husband walked out on me a ew years ago with no warning. I can't trust anyone now that my mother is dead. Life is so hard I just don't know how people get through it. I'm late forties. Someone tell me it gets easier the more you progress towards the inevitable.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We had a terrible snow storm today. It took me hours to clear the driveways. The lazy husband of mine did not lift a pinky finger. His argument, I should have waited until it melt. It was 6 feet of snow. How long do we have to wait for it to melt? Until April. So he won again. I’m the idiot who cleaned up the snow while I should have been lazy and pathetic like him.

So sorry, what a disappointment. Please invest in a snow blower and save your back and some precious time.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I'm a big fat failure. Literally everything I have ever tried to do has failed. The thing is, I don't even mind because I'm so used to failing, but times like this week, when I've failed more publicly than usual, make it more hard to be a failure. Career, marriage, looks & health (am obese), longterm friendship - I have quite literally failed at it all. Normally it doesn't bother me, but this week has been stressful and embarrassing. I prefer my usual modi operandi, which is to fail in peace and in private. Everyone seems to get at me, and I wish people would just leave me alone and go pick on someone else. I tried really hard to do something very well at work, but I made one small mistake and someone absolutely hit the roof over it. I wouldn't have made that mistake at all if I hadn't been going above and beyond. I really don't know how I've got through life thus far. Grew up with domestic violence and abuse which went on for many decades, well into adulthood, had a difficult marriage thouands of miles away from home, and now I have genetic health issues, and work issues, and my husband walked out on me a ew years ago with no warning. I can't trust anyone now that my mother is dead. Life is so hard I just don't know how people get through it. I'm late forties. Someone tell me it gets easier the more you progress towards the inevitable.

Sending you ((hugs)) @Jambalaya

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
.... Someone tell me it gets easier the more you progress towards the inevitable.

So sorry you are having such a hard time, Jambalaya. :(

I am older and for me, yes I do think it tends to get easier. But what helped me personally the most when I was younger and hit those lowest of the low spots was just getting on the path to brighter days. Achieving my goals wasn't necessary for more hope and lifting spirits, just having a plan and taking the first step was enough. Mapping out where I wanted to be in various areas of my life in one year and three years, the steps to get there, then getting started. Best wishes to you.

Oops. We are not supposed to give encouragement or advice on this thread lol. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya (((((hugs))))). Shut out the external noise and know you are doing the very best you can. And that has to be enough. Be kinder to yourself. Treat yourself as you would a dear friend and imagine what you would say to her if she were going through something similar. Don't be so tough on yourself. Sending you good wishes and gentle hugs.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I like you, Jambalaya.

You are intelligent and kind to others. You are an interesting person that I miss when you do not post here for a while. You bring an authentic personality to this forum. I don't care that you made a mistake at work or that your marriage failed. I know you may feel as if you are a failure, but you are overreacting to being scolded at work. I think when we feel bad about something, all the negative comes to the fore.
Close your eyes and put that piece of s---husband in a balloon and send him to Mars, Send your hurt with him.
Breathe in the good air. exhale. This too shall pass!

I like you Jambalaya.

Annette

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya I wish I had seen this on Wednesday when you shared it. What a brave thing to share with this anonymous world.

But that’s you. You’re brave. Maybe you’re not always brave in all ways, but who on earth is? You’ve never hesitated to express yourself honestly and forthrightly here - you share what you feel with passion and clarity. And I have always respected that about you. The choice to speak your mind and your heart isn’t always the easy choice… Me, I’ve not been brave enough to make the choice that I know you would, not nearly as often as I’d like, even here on PS.

Can I ditto everything Annette said? I like you too Jambalaya. And I too notice when you’re gone for a while.

I hope the end of your week was better than the start. Please don’t stop being you, *you* would be missed. And I’ll take some personal inspiration and homework from your post and try to be more true to me, too.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dropped off a package at the post office. Asked if they had anything for us (since they haven't been delivering reliably). Turns out they had certified letters for each of us from the IRS. The lady said it had been attempted to be delivered twice before they held it. (No way as I have been home all week!) To make it more exciting, it is a FINAL notice before liens and stuff. What final?!? This is the first we got anything! I paid our taxes in full. Even checked to see them come out of the bank. They have no record of this despite taking the payment. Seriously?!? So now I have to call them and try to get to a live person to sort this out. The only silver lining is that our tax guy dropped us as clients (he is too busy and focusing on more complex) so I have to call myself rather than pay him $400/hour. What a mess!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Jambalaya while I do believe you are hurt, upset and frustrated; I absolutely cannot endorse that you are a failure. NOT A BIT. Everyone miscalculates, make mistakes and errors--we are not infallible. But here you show great compassion and above all honesty--so I know you do in everyday life. Those are the best qualities a person can posses.

The sun always rises. You are not alone.

kind regards--Sharon

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya, Please don’t beat yourself up. You are being really hard on yourself and you are not a failure. I hope you are feeling better now and know there are lots of people who care,

@smitcompton , Your posts brighten my day and always make me smile. I hope your niece knows how very lucky she is to have you for her aunt.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I didn't see your post right away @Jambalaya , so all I can do is second and third the posts from all the lovely PS ers who replied.

How are you doing today?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaahhh my last bling purchase is taking FOREVER to arrive.

First the auction house had their annual holidays of 2 weeks after my purchase. That was clearly communicated, so no problem.

Them sorted out international shipping for me. This is very nice of them , but they take about a week between emails. Now I understood that they are using a service I usually also use within my country and whose way of working I'm familiar with. I could have dealt with this on my ow! Except they said they said they have a safe and trusted shipping method and they'd prefer using that. Which is fine by me. I bought that item on Christmas Eve. Then I knew they'd be working on all this after 7/01.... But Sheesh I haven't even got my final invoice for payment for the carrier service yet. Getting slightly annoyed.

I'm European, so I think more used to slow customer service.... But this?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all kicked off last Thursday after I sent a draft consultancy contract to the company whom I thought I would be working for, to be named on their regulatory licence for a very important and responsible role.

It transpired that we have very different expectations for engaging a consultant for this role, in that they thought it would be possible for me to turn up once every 6 months to perform some sort of review and that would be it.

I would not take on such a role without spending at least 2 days on site per month in order to do a proper job as it is a role with lots of responsibilities, and it can be done by rocking up every 6 months.

In addition, by being named on their licence, they are effectively taking up a third of my working capacity on a zero hour contract!!!

I was in the process of reviewing documents and data in preparation for an all-system site review, and had far exceeded the hours I had planned to spend, as I thought I was performing a due diligence in preparation to take them on as a long term client in this important role.

I have had dealings with this company previously, and had to advise my then employer to walk away from them in 2018 to minimise business risks as Brexit was looming, as I did not have confident that one key personnel knew what he was doing.

I had a glimmer of hope that he finally recognised his own failings and asked me to help in December 2021.

It transpired he still does not know what he is doing after being in the role since we last met in 2018.

I have drawn a line in the sand and am walking away from them completely.

I could have completed the review I had worked for so far and walk away with the agreed payment for the job; however, I felt I had been strung along with empty promises for long enough, despite the reassurance in person via video conferencing and in writing that they wanted to engage my professional services after this ad hoc piece of work.

Besides, extracting the relevant information and data as I had previously requested on a number of occasions is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

I do not wish to waste anymore time and effort knowing nothing will change, as the key personnel is not able, willing or know how to change, in that he has been promoted to a position or being given that position which is beyond his capability.

I was very angry on Thursday as I had to let go of another potential contract by siding with them on the basis of better the devil I know. That loyalty and trust turned out to be mis-guided, and I kicked myself for being so trusting!!!

I wished them luck in finding a person more suited to their requirement, and wished them all the successes in the future.

I immediately put feelers out to my contacts about being available to take on more work, and as if by magic, the potential contract that I had to let go in December 2021 became available again due to unforeseen circumstances with their new hire!

I immediately contacted this company and sent them my CV as advised late Thursday evening by my lead who is one of my ex-bosses, for a video interview to be arranged for Friday!

Fingers firmly crossed that my second video interview tomorrow with their senior management and key stakeholders will go well.

They need someone urgently to start on Friday 11 February, and I am immediately available, ticking nearly if not all the boxes required for one of the roles they are trying to fill - the more important one as required by their regulatory licence in order to continue to operate.

It is a case of one door closes another one opens.

As for the company who messed me around, good luck to them! I knew I was going to take on a heap of p00, however, it turned out to be worse than I had anticipated during the course of my due diligence. I would use them as an example in looking very good on the surface when they are actually rotten to the core!

Hey ho, thanks for reading! I could not discuss any of these elsewhere, so it is good to be able to let out my disappointment and frustration in here.

DK :))

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I went to usps to mail something and the lady made me write the address 3x times because she said my handwriting was illegible, well I have tremors and it's fine to tell me but why yell at me :(

Then FedEx delivered a new tv my brother bought for me, but they didn't call or ring my bell and just left it in the lobby of my apartment. Luckily my super saw it and told me. My husband and I carried it up 3 flights, set it up and then saw there was a crack and the tv wouldn't turn on. I looked at the box and saw that there were two deep gouges on both sides. I called AAFES and they told me to send pictures and that they will make a decision on whether to replace it in 15 days. :( :eek2: :(2 I want to cry but I don't remember the symbols for it since the emoji insert doesn't work on my samsung phone. Ooof. I can't even properly whine...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

How is Kitty now ?
Years ago we had to take Tinky to the dentist and the vet said he had had a broken jaw at some stage
well we lived next door to his old family and they loved him 100% as did we.
The vet looked at us like we were child abusers but i adored Tinky - i literly worshiped the ground he walked on

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results