shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya I have been thinking of you this week. Please let us know how things are going if you have time to. I hope you’re feeling better and more hopeful ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grumpy is not so major but this is a one size fits all thread
So im trying to organize two necklaces that need alterations and restringing
Im thinking if i thread the beads on regular thread in order, im saving someone time and hopefully me money
But i don't have a beading needle and the garnet beads im adding to make the garnet chocker not a chocker have the smallest hole and even some of the original beads are too small
I've just dropped one so its time to put it away
also i seem to have crushed one of the teeny amber beads getting it off its cord and it wasn't even individually knotted
so im trying to find beading needles on the internet but shipping is just stupid
they would go into an envolope at letter rate for the sake of a $2.95 item !

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is Kitty now ?
Years ago we had to take Tinky to the dentist and the vet said he had had a broken jaw at some stage
well we lived next door to his old family and they loved him 100% as did we.
The vet looked at us like we were child abusers but i adored Tinky - i literly worshiped the ground he walked on

She's doing great. Had a little scare as she was making clunky noises and an awful face, but that stopped when they trimmed a little piece of excess stitch out of her mouth. So glad she is still relaxed and loving! Took so long to get her to where she would trust us!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts are with you and your son @House Cat. It is so hard to be a parent especially during a pandemic.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Calliecakes, thanks for saying such nice things. I did get a surprise email from my one niece who will be the trustee of my estate, saying that she hoped she could be as good an aunt to her niece as I was to her sister and her. The truth is I loved them as my own. I had a bedroom decorated for them at my house. They used to spend some weekends with me. I told them if they wanted to come they had to help me clean the house. They loved it. They dusted and did whatever i could think of, and it makes me laugh now. Really they loved it, They told their friends they had to help Aunt Annette clean. My sister in law was very generous sharing her children with me. My son was grown by then. Callie, you are a lovely person yourself, and I love your husband, that good man.

Jambalaya, i too would like to hear that your sadness has diminished somewhat. I loved what Canuk girl said about you feeling like a failure. She said,"I cannot endorse that you are a failure." Its actually quite beautiful to say it that way. So, I too cannot endorse that you are a failure.

And Yissie, you are a lovely person as well, with fire in your soul. One can't be too good in life.

Annette

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
U P S

Gaahhh. Paid 300€ for shipping
They scheduled 10.30 a.m.

The guy came at 4.23h p.m.
Didn't call me.
Thus was the only freaking time of the day where there was nobody home literally my kid finishes school 4.25 p.m. a dive minute walk away
How do they do it??

Now, the earliest is MONDAY

Why did.i.pay.so.much.for.this???

It's my tiara btw. And an antique necklace I don't want to have bouncing around I. A truck for 4 days

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
I'm a big fat failure. Literally everything I have ever tried to do has failed. The thing is, I don't even mind because I'm so used to failing, but times like this week, when I've failed more publicly than usual, make it more hard to be a failure. Career, marriage, looks & health (am obese), longterm friendship - I have quite literally failed at it all. Normally it doesn't bother me, but this week has been stressful and embarrassing. I prefer my usual modi operandi, which is to fail in peace and in private. Everyone seems to get at me, and I wish people would just leave me alone and go pick on someone else. I tried really hard to do something very well at work, but I made one small mistake and someone absolutely hit the roof over it. I wouldn't have made that mistake at all if I hadn't been going above and beyond. I really don't know how I've got through life thus far. Grew up with domestic violence and abuse which went on for many decades, well into adulthood, had a difficult marriage thouands of miles away from home, and now I have genetic health issues, and work issues, and my husband walked out on me a ew years ago with no warning. I can't trust anyone now that my mother is dead. Life is so hard I just don't know how people get through it. I'm late forties. Someone tell me it gets easier the more you progress towards the inevitable.

Hugs!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m having serious mom guilt lately.

Our son is seven, he attends our local public school, originally I was going to homeschool him but was talked out of it by relatives who felt he was better off socially in school.

He is just not doing well lately. First I guess there were kids not wearing their masks properly so his teacher yelled at the class, he said he was thirsty shortly after but was too scared to pull his mask down to drink. Then he was taking a math test and didn’t understand the material, got totally frustrated and threw his pencil and had to sit in the “quiet zone” to regroup. His teacher said she would be sending me a message…there has been zero communication. We can’t help him understand the material because we don’t know what he is having trouble understanding.

I’m just beside myself, I want to pull him out NOW but I can’t because I finally got a job. Everyday he comes out of school miserable, because his teacher yelled, because he can’t wait to get the mask off, because he is frustrated about his class not getting recess after some kids misbehaved.

I just don’t know how to fix it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taking my 16 year old son to a 45 day residential drug rehab program today. I am gutted.

I’m sorry @House Cat… I hope he gets the treatment that he needs. You did the right thing setting this up for him. Big hugs..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking my 16 year old son to a 45 day residential drug rehab program today. I am gutted.

Please know I am thinking about you and your precious family. Healing vibes across the miles........

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, I‘m so sorry and keeping you and your family in my thoughts. He’s getting the treatment he needs and has a family who loves him. You have a community who cares very much about you here. Please know if you need to talk or vent, I’m here for you and I’m sure many others are as well.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcomptom, I laughed and can so relate to your comments about your nieces. My SIL’s were also every generous sharing their children with me. I will forever be grateful for that. My grandniece loves helping me do chores as well. Who knew watering flowers, bushes and doing laundry was fun. We do lots of fun things together but at the end of the day it’s the attention, and little things they love the most.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry HC. I empathize as my daughter is still in a residential center for mental illness/addiction, 9 months now. You are not alone. Seeing your child in such pain is gut wrenching. I think I would take on the pain of the entire world to see my daughter free of hers. Treatment for addiction and mental illness is a gift for these kids. They will have a chance at freedom if they want it and are willing to do the work. You and your son are in my prayers. Big hugs.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It all kicked off last Thursday after I sent a draft consultancy contract to the company whom I thought I would be working for, to be named on their regulatory licence for a very important and responsible role.

It transpired that we have very different expectations for engaging a consultant for this role, in that they thought it would be possible for me to turn up once every 6 months to perform some sort of review and that would be it.

I would not take on such a role without spending at least 2 days on site per month in order to do a proper job as it is a role with lots of responsibilities, and it can be done by rocking up every 6 months.

In addition, by being named on their licence, they are effectively taking up a third of my working capacity on a zero hour contract!!!

I was in the process of reviewing documents and data in preparation for an all-system site review, and had far exceeded the hours I had planned to spend, as I thought I was performing a due diligence in preparation to take them on as a long term client in this important role.

I have had dealings with this company previously, and had to advise my then employer to walk away from them in 2018 to minimise business risks as Brexit was looming, as I did not have confident that one key personnel knew what he was doing.

I had a glimmer of hope that he finally recognised his own failings and asked me to help in December 2021.

It transpired he still does not know what he is doing after being in the role since we last met in 2018.

I have drawn a line in the sand and am walking away from them completely.

I could have completed the review I had worked for so far and walk away with the agreed payment for the job; however, I felt I had been strung along with empty promises for long enough, despite the reassurance in person via video conferencing and in writing that they wanted to engage my professional services after this ad hoc piece of work.

Besides, extracting the relevant information and data as I had previously requested on a number of occasions is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

I do not wish to waste anymore time and effort knowing nothing will change, as the key personnel is not able, willing or know how to change, in that he has been promoted to a position or being given that position which is beyond his capability.

I was very angry on Thursday as I had to let go of another potential contract by siding with them on the basis of better the devil I know. That loyalty and trust turned out to be mis-guided, and I kicked myself for being so trusting!!!

I wished them luck in finding a person more suited to their requirement, and wished them all the successes in the future.

I immediately put feelers out to my contacts about being available to take on more work, and as if by magic, the potential contract that I had to let go in December 2021 became available again due to unforeseen circumstances with their new hire!

I immediately contacted this company and sent them my CV as advised late Thursday evening by my lead who is one of my ex-bosses, for a video interview to be arranged for Friday!

Fingers firmly crossed that my second video interview tomorrow with their senior management and key stakeholders will go well.

They need someone urgently to start on Friday 11 February, and I am immediately available, ticking nearly if not all the boxes required for one of the roles they are trying to fill - the more important one as required by their regulatory licence in order to continue to operate.

It is a case of one door closes another one opens.

As for the company who messed me around, good luck to them! I knew I was going to take on a heap of p00, however, it turned out to be worse than I had anticipated during the course of my due diligence. I would use them as an example in looking very good on the surface when they are actually rotten to the core!

Hey ho, thanks for reading! I could not discuss any of these elsewhere, so it is good to be able to let out my disappointment and frustration in here.

DK :))

I know I'm late to this, but knowing when to walk away is a rare skill. Well done!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Response arrived today. As expected, but I had hoped for better. Guy is clearly in the wrong and has so much stacked against him. Had hoped we could avoid escalation. So much for that. My choicest of words aren't allowed here and more details would be frowned on by the attorney. What sort of attorney (his) says that there is no contract but if there is his client isn't in breach because if we did have a contract any date would have been an error. Seriously?!? (DH and I follow up with our attorney in the next couple of days.)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is a luxury problem, so I apologize for posting it when others are having real/serious problems. (I actually have a couple real problems in my life too, but don't feel comfortable sharing them.)

I am trying to see an item at the Houston Cartier. I am continuously being treated like DIRT by the SAs.

VCA is literally next door and I am treated with respect and dignity there. I am also treated with respect and dignity at Tiffany's.

But I feel abused every time I try to see something at Cartier. If I didn't really want to see the item, I would just take my business elsewhere. But I need to compare different brand's similar options in a particular ring before making a purchase (its part of my selection process when purchasing an expensive item). So I just have to take some abuse to see what I want to see. Though if I do decide the Cartier item is the one I want to buy, I am going to make a point of purchasing it from a different Cartier or ordering it online. Ill-mannered people don't get my money.

Part of it is a maturity level and culture thing. The SAs are very young and very green and not as professional or worldly as the ones at our local VCA and Tiffanys. They seriously lack manners and dare I say class.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a luxury problem, so I apologize for posting it when others are having real/serious problems.
I started this thread for people to dump their woes be it ingrown toenails or life changing trauma. No need to apologize.

Part of it is a maturity level and culture thing. The SAs are very young and very green and not as professional or worldly as the ones at our local VCA and Tiffanys. They seriously lack manners and dare I say class.

You showed remarkable restraint because I would have taught them a lesson in customer service and manners. This situation is a hot button for me because I've encountered it in a Tiffany's, which I consider the poor cousin of Winston/Cartier/VCA et al, and I made sure to leave an indelible impression on the SA, who was a seasoned and very snotty employee.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I started this thread for people to dump their woes be it ingrown toenails or life changing trauma. No need to apologize.

You showed remarkable restraint because I would have taught them a lesson in customer service and manners. This situation is a hot button for me because I've encountered it in a Tiffany's, which I consider the poor cousin of Winston/Cartier/VCA et al, and I made sure to leave an indelible impression on the SA, who was a seasoned and very snotty employee.

Thanks for understanding. It does feel better getting it off my chest! :)

And you are right about Harry Winston (which is also next door to Cartier and VCA) -- they always treat me well even though I haven't bought anything from them. Same wonderful treatment from Whiteflash and Brian Gavin (all in the same town). Truly I have nothing against Cartier, I love their designs and have bought things from this particular boutique in the past. But the current crop of SAs are TERRIBLE. They talk over me, cut me off, don't pay attention to anything I say, and literally hang up the phone on me, etc. It's inexcusable. If I had employees who were selling hot dogs and treated people this way I'd fire them.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They talk over me, cut me off, don't pay attention to anything I say, and literally hang up the phone on me, etc.

Ooooo girrrrrrl, I would go stomping into that store and tell them they will not treat me that way and remind them that I can afford to buy the baubles, ask for the manager and tell said manager that the SAs are in dire need of customer service training. I'm ready to hop on a plane and pay them a visit, lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for understanding. It does feel better getting it off my chest! :)

And you are right about Harry Winston (which is also next door to Cartier and VCA) -- they always treat me well even though I haven't bought anything from them. Same wonderful treatment from Whiteflash and Brian Gavin (all in the same town). Truly I have nothing against Cartier, I love their designs and have bought things from this particular boutique in the past. But the current crop of SAs are TERRIBLE. They talk over me, cut me off, don't pay attention to anything I say, and literally hang up the phone on me, etc. It's inexcusable. If I had employees who were selling hot dogs and treated peop

Can I just say that I thought that this was a non-white people problem, without sounding offensive? Seriously. I just figured these stores only dismissed minorities! But wow. At least they are equal opportunity aholes!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Another luxury problem, and thank @RunningwithScissors for having written this so recently, or I would not have posted at all, given all of the serious problems in the world and among folks on PS. I was taking pictures of a beautiful pair of Annette Ferdinandsen earrings in order to post for sale and dropped one, shattering the gorgeous azuremalachite. Arrrrrrrrgh!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another luxury problem, and thank @RunningwithScissors for having written this so recently, or I would not have posted at all, given all of the serious problems in the world and among folks on PS. I was taking pictures of a beautiful pair of Annette Ferdinandsen earrings in order to post for sale and dropped one, shattering the gorgeous azuremalachite. Arrrrrrrrgh!

Oh no! Is it beyond repair?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm irritated that they treated you this way.
I would absolutely not give them my money.
And I would communicate with the manager as to why.
Can you order the item online for comparison, and send it back if you don't like it?

Oh. This wasn’t my experience! I don’t frequent those shops

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! Sorry @nala
I thought I was responding to RunningwithScissors

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results