shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So annoyed with a co-worker. Every post I put on FB she always has some passive aggressive or downright negative comment to make. I posted something yesterday and she responded in her usually negative way. I went out to eat at a restaurant and they had these little outdoor heated igloo seating arrangements. She asked me if I watched them clean it. Then she said I had the Corona Virus. I laughed it off in my usual way when she comments. Meanwhile she told me she walked into a supermarket without a mask and when the teenage worker told her she had to put one on, she refused and told her to call the manager. Then she argued with the manager about having to wear a mask. And she’s a nurse!

Today I posted a meme I thought was funny BC I’ve been having back pain lately and I’m 48. The meme is below.
This is what she commented on my post-

“Zip it sister! I will come slap you with my good hand LOL”

I mean seriously, I don’t see anything offensive in this meme that would make her respond to me that way.

FA0638D3-706B-44E7-B362-94F9E0B4D907.jpeg

My two coppers: If she's older than you, I could see her meaning that comment as a jokey way of saying "Ah, you're not that old kiddo, just wait til you get to be my age." But when there's already a pattern to her comments, that's different. If you've ever missed work due to back pain, she might also be trying to insinuate that it's not legit. I also wondered if these comments are made late at night when she's drinking.

Regardless, it sounds like she's got a screw loose and for some reason has targeted you for ongoing harassment, doing passive-aggressive things like adding "LOL" to her slurs so she can get by with them.

I always think about what could happen next in situations like this. When someone is being strangely aggressive, it could not only continue but also escalate.

So, I'd write notes on everything she's done and when, and collect any evidence that backs it up.

Then block her, without comment. That might seem a little cringey. But if it goes further, it could be considered implicit consent that you allowed her to keep commenting or that whatever social excuse you made for cutting her off was your actual reason for it. She'd probably try to claim it was just a misunderstanding on your part.

I think it's likely she'll get nervous about being cut off and find someone else to bother, as bullies often do. But if not, you'll be in a good position to go to a supervisor at work or the law. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My MIL just cut the Q for her C19 vaccine.
She's a retired HC worker (not doctor, not nurse) and could be vaccinated within 14 dayst if she chose to volunteer in a vaccination center. Which she has no intention to do at all.
But she got an appointment for in 12 days.

I'm frankly apalled. I don't respond to narc messages like that anymore, so I don't know how exactly she did it, but it's morally wrong

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's a retired HC worker (not doctor, not nurse) and could be vaccinated within 14 dayst if she chose to volunteer in a vaccination center. Which she has no intention to do at all.

I'm frankly apalled. I don't respond to narc messages like that anymore, so I don't know how exactly she did it, but it's morally wrong

I agree..What did your husband say? My friend is a retired nurse. She hasn’t worked since her son was born 30 something years ago. She got the call to get her shot a week ago. They gave
her the vaccine because she volunteered
Pre-Covid in the hospital thrift store
a few days a week. She’s home..doesn’t work...How did she bypass people that work and are out there? I don’t get it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, I am with you @kipari. Sad.

My 86 year old dad and 78 year old mom cannot get an appointment for the vaccine even though they are now eligible. My mom said she got through to someone who said he was very sorry there are no appointments available now or for the foreseeable future.

Greg and I are at the bottom of the list for vaccination and I am A OK with that. I want the most vulnerable to get their vaccines as soon as possible and I am 100% on board with going last so those who need it more than us can get it.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
My two coppers: If she's older than you, I could see her meaning that comment as a jokey way of saying "Ah, you're not that old kiddo, just wait til you get to be my age." But when there's already a pattern to her comments, that's different. If you've ever missed work due to back pain, she might also be trying to insinuate that it's not legit. I also wondered if these comments are made late at night when she's drinking.

Regardless, it sounds like she's got a screw loose and for some reason has targeted you for ongoing harassment, doing passive-aggressive things like adding "LOL" to her slurs so she can get by with them.

I always think about what could happen next in situations like this. When someone is being strangely aggressive, it could not only continue but also escalate.

So, I'd write notes on everything she's done and when, and collect any evidence that backs it up.

Then block her, without comment. That might seem a little cringey. But if it goes further, it could be considered implicit consent that you allowed her to keep commenting or that whatever social excuse you made for cutting her off was your actual reason for it. She'd probably try to claim it was just a misunderstanding on your part.

I think it's likely she'll get nervous about being cut off and find someone else to bother, as bullies often do. But if not, you'll be in a good position to go to a supervisor at work or the law. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

So annoyed with a co-worker. Every post I put on FB she always has some passive aggressive or downright negative comment to make. I posted something yesterday and she responded in her usually negative way. I went out to eat at a restaurant and they had these little outdoor heated igloo seating arrangements. She asked me if I watched them clean it. Then she said I had the Corona Virus. I laughed it off in my usual way when she comments. Meanwhile she told me she walked into a supermarket without a mask and when the teenage worker told her she had to put one on, she refused and told her to call the manager. Then she argued with the manager about having to wear a mask. And she’s a nurse!

Today I posted a meme I thought was funny BC I’ve been having back pain lately and I’m 48. The meme is below.

I mean seriously, I don’t see anything offensive in this meme that would make her respond to me that way.

Maybe she has the covid and it's affected her brain. She sounds a little loopy.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree..What did your husband say? My friend is a retired nurse. She hasn’t worked since her son was born 30 something years ago. She got the call to get her shot a week ago. They gave
her the vaccine because she volunteered
Pre-Covid in the hospital thrift store
a few days a week. She’s home..doesn’t work...How did she bypass people that work and are out there? I don’t get it.

Oh man, so my MIL is not even the only one... Which makes it even worse in my eyes... I hope the vulnerable get vaccinated first. Sigh.

DH rolled his eyes. Maybe he's going to ask her publicly (family chat group) why she's not volunteering .
But I don't think someone like this really cares.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am with you @kipari. Sad.

My 86 year old dad and 78 year old mom cannot get an appointment for the vaccine even though they are now eligible. My mom said she got through to someone who said he was very sorry there are no appointments available now or for the foreseeable future.

Greg and I are at the bottom of the list for vaccination and I am A OK with that. I want the most vulnerable to get their vaccines as soon as possible and I am 100% on board with going last so those who need it more than us can get it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your parents!!!

And keeping you and Greg in my thoughts ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can you block people on facebook ?
life is too short to be subjected to any more cr*ap than is absolutely necessary
This person is a work colleague not a freind
keep your distance and be weary

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I am pissed off that on day 21 I am feeling worse than I have this entire time. Coughing so hard I feel like I may vomit. Only thing that helps is an albuterol inhaler. I have a call with a doc tonight but damn! Enough already. I am heartbroken for those around me losing their loved ones to this virus while so many people think it is a joke. Yeah, tell that to my best friend as she plans how to remove her father from his vent. Real funny a-holes :(2

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m addicted to the news right now. I read it while watching it all day. I seriously can’t stand myself but I can’t stop either.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m addicted to the news right now. I read it while watching it all day. I seriously can’t stand myself but I can’t stop either.

+1

IMO now is the most important time ever to watch the news.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am angry. Our friends J and C allowed their son G to go to a NYE party and surprise surprise. The whole family now has Covid 19. Of course why should I be surprised? These are the same people who went to an outdoor party in the summer and were not wearing masks. And posted photos all over their FB page showing their brazen and foolish behavior. Yup. That is how "smart" they are. SMH.

These are relatively close friends and I just don't get how stupid people can be. Pretty freaking stupid. Oh and get this. Greg spoke to J yesterday when J told him C and G are sick and J was on line to get tested. But don't tell anyone. Wow. Really? At least own up to your own stupid behavior but no. Too cowardly to even do that IMO.

I don't remember the thread asking if we felt differently about people now. Well now I do. Stupid careless thoughtless risky behavior and to add insult to injury now it's a secret. :x2

Yeah I do feel differently about them now. Thirty years of friendship but how could I not feel differently about them? People like them are keeping the pandemic well and alive and because of people like these tens/hundreds of thousands more people will die. :(

They have mild cases. Of course they do. It's the innocent people who are more likely IMO get severe Covid infections. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1

IMO now is the most important time ever to watch the news.

Too bad the news has a huge bias. The news hasn't been impartial for decades.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pissed off that on day 21 I am feeling worse than I have this entire time. Coughing so hard I feel like I may vomit. Only thing that helps is an albuterol inhaler. I have a call with a doc tonight but damn! Enough already. I am heartbroken for those around me losing their loved ones to this virus while so many people think it is a joke. Yeah, tell that to my best friend as she plans how to remove her father from his vent. Real funny a-holes :(2

I am so sorry @mom2dolls. I hope you feel better very soon and I am so sorry about your best friend's father. :(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am angry. Our friends J and C allowed their son G to go to a NYE party and surprise surprise. The whole family now has Covid 19. Of course why should I be surprised? These are the same people who went to an outdoor party in the summer and were not wearing masks. And posted photos all over their FB page showing their brazen and foolish behavior. Yup. That is how "smart" they are. SMH.

These are relatively close friends and I just don't get how stupid people can be. Pretty freaking stupid. Oh and get this. Greg spoke to J yesterday when J told him C and G are sick and J was on line to get tested. But don't tell anyone. Wow. Really? At least own up to your own stupid behavior but no. Too cowardly to even do that IMO.

I don't remember the thread asking if we felt differently about people now. Well now I do. Stupid careless thoughtless risky behavior and to add insult to injury now it's a secret. :x2

Yeah I do feel differently about them now. Thirty years of friendship but how could I not feel differently about them? People like them are keeping the pandemic well and alive and because of people like these tens/hundreds of thousands more people will die. :(

They have mild cases. Of course they do. It's the innocent people who are more likely IMO get severe Covid infections. :(

The "Covid stigma" is very real.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*&^%$%#@@! college football national championship and the revenue generated is worth more than lives. When the crimson tide turns into the covid-19 surge is Bama going to pay for hospital care for the infected and the funerals for those who will inevitably die? The celebrating hordes don't deserve sympathy if they fall ill and if they murder family members due to their "right" to pack the streets and put their *ucktardness on full display. May the fleas of a thousand camels inhabit their underwear and may their arms be too short to scratch.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today my neighbor (who I’m friends with) sent me text asking me to be a witness for a lawsuit against our city for fall she had a few years ago. There was a huge crack in the sidewalk she fell into and she has had to have multiple hip surgeries, the last was a hip replacement.

I know it sounds awful but I just don’t want to be involved in this. At the time she was heavily medicated on various prescriptions and she would drink regularly. I’m not judging her for those things but the combination could have led to the fall. I told her I would give her attorney a statement but I’m not going to court, virtual or otherwise.

What ever happened to asking the neighbor for an egg or some milk? I could handle that!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought several items in the Uk pre Brexit. It took ages to ship them. They said everything was delayed because of Brexit.

Today I get two very high invoices for the packages from customs.

They managed to delay delivery post Brexit and now I have to pay 50% in taxes and handling fees??? Really ??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too bad the news has a huge bias. The news hasn't been impartial for decades.

I agree (but maybe view this from the other side)
That's why i balance it out with a good dose of Fox every couple of days ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bruce bud in Denmark who has just had the genuine flu
He's not contagious now - just the lingering dry cough
He has had 4 negative covid tests
One of his work colleagues is being a real bast*rd about it making a big deal about catching germs
My freind is careful and has avoided covid 19
I feel so sorry for him

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the biggest heart of all. :praise: I let the 335 million people to go ahead of me for the vaccination. I'm the last person in line.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the biggest heart of all. :praise: I let the 335 million people to go ahead of me for the vaccination. I'm the last person in line.

Just you keep keeping you and your family and that little grandaughter safe DF =)2

I would be very upset if something happened to you :(2

And the worse thing about the internet is i most probably would never know what had happened to you :(2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just you keep keeping you and your family and that little grandaughter safe DF =)2

I would be very upset if something happened to you :(2

And the worse thing about the internet is i most probably would never know what had happened to you :(2
I'll let you know before I die. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought several items in the Uk pre Brexit. It took ages to ship them. They said everything was delayed because of Brexit.

Today I get two very high invoices for the packages from customs.

They managed to delay delivery post Brexit and now I have to pay 50% in taxes and handling fees??? Really ??

:rolleyes: Phooey.:roll: Why doesn't EVERYTHING have to be difficult?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks a reminder, no political posts.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sciatica is playing up.
I havn't been able to get comfortable in bed for two weeks one leg is so sore
I wish i had remembered to get some painkillers with the groceries

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock