shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoga teachers that talk rubbish.

I do a lot of yoga for my arthritis / Crohn's issues and I swear I get off a class half the time wanting to hit somebody.

"Discover your work." Are you serious?? is it HIDING somewhere??

"Meet yourself where you are." No - I'd rather meet someone else behind the toilets.

"You are perfect exactly as you are." Lady. Seriously. If I were perfect just as I am I wouldn't be doing the damn class.

Do they give out booklets of this stuff when people get their certification? Speak like a normal person! Gees louise....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoga is ancient and free.

Do what I did a half a century ago ...
Learn Yoga from an old yellowed 25-cent paperback book.
Then do it at home, alone.

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey mate, I have an idea ... don't throw them into trees.

99.jpeg

Oh, and fish at the market cost less than $25. :lol-2:

But that's where the fish live :saint: as we say, ya gotta risk it to get the biscuit!!

I took the kayak out recently to recover some of the lures I left in the trees and was successful in recovering about $150 worth of both mine and other people's lures that are now mine :mrgreen:
I don't know if we can upload videos, but the kayak rollover in full work clothing and boots vid would probably make a few people here giggle :lol-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if we can upload videos, but the kayak rollover in full work clothing and boots vid would probably make a few people here giggle :lol-2:

Ya got another video with only your boots? :Up_to_something:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoga is ancient and free.

Do what I did a half a century ago ...
Learn Yoga from an old yellowed 25-cent paperback book.
Then do it at home, alone.

Isn't a large of that ancient practice to rest your mind? :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I do a lot of yoga for my arthritis / Crohn's issues and I swear I get off a class half the time wanting to hit somebody.

"Meet yourself where you are." No - I'd rather meet someone else behind the toilets.

"You are perfect exactly as you are." Lady. Seriously. If I were perfect just as I am I wouldn't be doing the damn class.

Do they give out booklets of this stuff when people get their certification? Speak like a normal person! Gees louise....

I used to just use a Denise Austin video !
The worst thing she ever said was
Pat yourself on the back, you did good today :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am annoyed at 30% of health care workers who are refusing the Covid vaccine in NY.

I admire and respect those who put themselves (and continue to) at risk while helping others. But for those healthcare workers who are refusing the Covid vaccine I do not admire that choice.

You are
1. delaying (at least in NYC) other groups from getting vaccinated due to politics. Cuomo refuses to let other vulnerable groups get vaccinated til he can convince most healthcare workers to do so.
And
2. You are putting others at risk by refusing vaccination.

This is how I feel so please don't attack me. If most people do not get vaccinated many more people will die.
And at this point it is preventable. PLEASE if you can get vaccinated do get vaccinated.

:(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't a large of that ancient practice to rest your mind? :))

IIRC ... based on my understanding ... as always, do your own homework. ;)) ...

Yoga basically has 2 aspects, the mental and the physical.
I think one's called Raja, and the other Hatha.

Some folks opt to do only the physical without doing the mental.
But to get optimum results from the mental part (meditation) you must start by doing the physical.
Also, there are nutrition/diet recommendations.

You don't need to pay anyone, have a membership, or go to any location to do either.
You can learn much by reading online, for free.
I started with an old 25 cent paperback.

Keep in mind I'm an extreme introvert and strongly dislike groups, or groupthink.
I cherish yoga in the privacy of my own home.
I know many folks who pay to do it somewhere with others and a leader.
That would ruin much of what I cherish about yoga.

As always YMMV, people vary ... blah blah blah.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SIL wants to come visit for her birthday next weekend, she lives in VA and we are in CT. Just putting aside the travel restrictions CT currently has, her plan is baffling to me.

We have all had or been exposed to the virus, DH and oldest son had it in October, they were tested and confirmed cases. I was sicker than I’ve ever been in February along with our youngest, I believe I had it then. I actually sat next to someone who had a really bad case in November and didn’t get sick, it seems I have some immunity still.

Anyways SIL wants to visit and “go for a walk in the park” in the middle of January in CT! DH called to talk to her about this the other night and something I said (not even to her) offended her and that was the end of their conversation.

Love the girl to death but she can be exhausting.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SIL wants to come visit for her birthday next weekend, she lives in VA and we are in CT. Just putting aside the travel restrictions CT currently has, her plan is baffling to me.

We have all had or been exposed to the virus, DH and oldest son had it in October, they were tested and confirmed cases. I was sicker than I’ve ever been in February along with our youngest, I believe I had it then. I actually sat next to someone who had a really bad case in November and didn’t get sick, it seems I have some immunity still.

Anyways SIL wants to visit and “go for a walk in the park” in the middle of January in CT! DH called to talk to her about this the other night and something I said (not even to her) offended her and that was the end of their conversation.

Love the girl to death but she can be exhausting.

Some people are so stupid.
It is YOUR house and you get to say who comes into your home.
Consider it a good thing that she's offended, and hopefully she changed her mind about coming.
The few times people came to our house in the recent past, we stood outside and talked 6 ft. apart.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m exhausted. This house won’t allow me to sleep past the 3:00 am hour. It’s always something. My little dog scratches at the door or my teen plays guitar (what the actual hell??) or I have to use the restroom...

I feel like the walking dead.

I can’t remember the last time I slept until 7:00 am.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the laugh..This is hysterical @mrs-b!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m exhausted. This house won’t allow me to sleep past the 3:00 am hour. It’s always something. My little dog scratches at the door or my teen plays guitar (what the actual hell??) or I have to use the restroom...

You’re still young @House Cat...It just gets worse...haha I couldn’t fall asleep last night until 2:45...I woke up at 6:30 with my husband banging around the bathroom getting ready for work. This woke up my 12 year old dog Bailey who then had to use the potty outside...I’m shuffling around in my slippers not remembering what I have to do...:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re still young @House Cat...It just gets worse...haha I couldn’t fall asleep last night until 2:45...I woke up at 6:30 with my husband banging around the bathroom getting ready for work. This woke up my 12 year old dog Bailey who then had to use the potty outside...I’m shuffling around in my slippers not remembering what I have to do...:lol:

Truth. Sleep gets more elusive when one gets older. Not always but it’s a more common experience than you might think. So far BHRT isn’t helping my sleep at all and neither is the CBD my good friend recommended. Sigh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had to resort to sleeping pills in order to get some sort of sleep if I've too many no sleep nights in a row. Sometimes I have to take up to 3 pills just to start to feel tired but sleep is too important to sacrifice.

As for my actual complaint, my mother is refusing to talk to me again. Yes, it's over not wanting to socialize when cases are at an all time high in our local area. It's so bad you can't even get test kits (at least 1 week wait) even if you are exhibiting strong symptoms. You are not allowed to get in line if you have no symptoms even if you have been in contact with someone with Covid.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really damn angry seeing those uncivilized idiots spitting in public eg. Just saw one spitting in front of me while I was jogging in the park, WT* :angryfire:

I find spitting even outside a pandemic absolutely disgusting and inappropriate. Our sons do not do it and if they did they would get an earful. Is this some sort of macho thing? Whatever the case there is no reason for it, people should be given a ticket and maybe then they would stop.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really damn angry seeing those uncivilized idiots spitting in public eg. Just saw one spitting in front of me while I was jogging in the park, WT* :angryfire:

Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves.
It's always men.
Men must have extra saliva that builds up and they have to aggressively expel it.:rolleyes: No manners!

I must tell you that I was once at a crowded garage sale, and a man there spit in the homeowners driveway, right in front of me.
I turned to him and said "You are disgusting! How rude!"
He responded, sheepishly, "Oh I'm sorry"
I said loudly "Don't apologize to me! You should be apologizing the the homeowners! That was disrespectful to the owners of this house!"
I admonished him and he deserved it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got to sleep for almost 9 hours last night. Wouldn't that have been nice!?! Had a hard time getting to sleep because my body told me I was too warm. Finally got to sleep only to be woken up two hours before the alarm when my CPAP fell off the nightstand. I still don't know if I managed to pull it off or if it was the cats... Either way, I was up moving the nightstand to get the thing out from between it and the bed. As long as I was up, needed the bathroom. Got back to bed only to find I had sweated through all of the sheets. Took care of that and settled in just in time for DH's phone to make dinging noises. Got to sleep.for maybe 20 minutes then his phone rang. Spam! Alarm went off 20 minutes later.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I am extremely noise sensitive, suffer from intermittent insomnia, and now sleep with ear plugs and ambient noise (usually a fan).

I still sleep like garbage sometimes, but honestly the ear plugs changed my life.

OH, and melatonin. And for really tough nights....Benadryl to knock me out. I used to take small doses of (prescribed) Benzos, but definitely not anymore. Too addictive.

Hope you get some sleep soon!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm appalled & disgusted at the world & the people who took this baby. This poor woman was robbed at gunpoint, then severely beaten and had her baby Frenchie taken. This all happened about four days ago in San Francisco.

I'm trying to do my part in helping to spread the word in the hopes that someone who knows or sees something can report it or contact the owner.

Details about where the robbery specifically occured can be found on her instagram that I linked below.

What a world....
:'(

Screenshot_20210108-122332.png

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
And @missy I totally agree with you RE vaccinations and public health workers. It is appalling. You are more generous with your assessment than I am.

I despise vaccine denialism. I try to stay calm and collected about many divided issues...but this one...I can't.

Despite the overwhelming volumes of empirical evidence to support vaccine safety, feelings rule the day. For some twat on Twitter, or a celebrity, or even your "vibe" to be sufficient to coax you into putting your fellow man in harm's way (perhaps even your own children)....it just makes me cry. One of the greatest failures of imagination in our lifetime is the inability to trust consensus among experts, and it is a downright travesty.

My father lamented that he's never met an anti-vaxxer that saw anyone crippled by polio. Polio ravaged his town one summer. "One day you'd see your neighbor waving, and they were fine, and the next day they were dead..." Little boys in braces, haunting stories about iron lungs...he said everyone in his town was clamoring for a vaccine after years of living in fear.

For anyone, after months of sickness, death, isolation, economic collapse and civil unrest across the globe to not feel even REMOTELY that way or feel any accountability to their community, is just inconceivable to me.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am extremely noise sensitive, suffer from intermittent insomnia, and now sleep with ear plugs and ambient noise (usually a fan).

I still sleep like garbage sometimes, but honestly the ear plugs changed my life.

OH, and melatonin. And for really tough nights....Benadryl to knock me out. I used to take small doses of (prescribed) Benzos, but definitely not anymore. Too addictive.

Hope you get some sleep soon!

Please, what ear plugs do you use? I just started taking melatonin, which is helping after four years of interrupted sleep. Excited things are working!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a couple COVID vaccine gripes.
One:
It’s that the vaccines are so slow right now! I wish also that the authorities would take the advice of some public health people and just get (more) people vaccinated ONCE then work on getting people vaccinated twice.
Two:
My gripe is also that some states and medical facilities are doing SO WELL with distribution, and some are not. I know elderly people in three different states, some have already been vaxed, some are on a waiting list, and some have no idea how to get it at all. PCPs don’t seem to be aware either.

We need more standardization, organization and speed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple COVID vaccine gripes.
One:
It’s that the vaccines are so slow right now! I wish also that the authorities would take the advice of some public health people and just get (more) people vaccinated ONCE then work on getting people vaccinated twice.
Two:
My gripe is also that some states and medical facilities are doing SO WELL with distribution, and some are not. I know elderly people in three different states, some have already been faxed, some are o;a list, and some have no idea how to get it at all. PCPs are not aware either.

We need more standardization, organization and speed.

Hoping the new administration gets on this as priority one and makes vaccinating everyone way more efficient. It's a travesty the way it's (so slowly) being rolled out now. :(

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Please, what ear plugs do you use? I just started taking melatonin, which is helping after four years of interrupted sleep. Excited things are working!

Amazing, glad melatonin is working!

I've tried tons - these are hands down the best for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am annoyed at 30% of health care workers who are refusing the Covid vaccine in NY.

I admire and respect those who put themselves (and continue to) at risk while helping others. But for those healthcare workers who are refusing the Covid vaccine I do not admire that choice.

You are
1. delaying (at least in NYC) other groups from getting vaccinated due to politics. Cuomo refuses to let other vulnerable groups get vaccinated til he can convince most healthcare workers to do so.
And
2. You are putting others at risk by refusing vaccination.

This is how I feel so please don't attack me. If most people do not get vaccinated many more people will die.
And at this point it is preventable. PLEASE if you can get vaccinated do get vaccinated.

:(

I don't understand this ?
Why are they refusing it ?
I guess a small % would be medical
But these peeps need to be a shinning example to the rest of us

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results