shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find spitting even outside a pandemic absolutely disgusting and inappropriate. Our sons do not do it and if they did they would get an earful. Is this some sort of macho thing? Whatever the case there is no reason for it, people should be given a ticket and maybe then they would stop.

I think sportsmen doing make it 'acceptable' to some
it is gross
And unhygenic
Especially with artificial turf

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoga teachers that talk rubbish.

I do a lot of yoga for my arthritis / Crohn's issues and I swear I get off a class half the time wanting to hit somebody.

"Discover your work." Are you serious?? is it HIDING somewhere??

"Meet yourself where you are." No - I'd rather meet someone else behind the toilets.

"You are perfect exactly as you are." Lady. Seriously. If I were perfect just as I am I wouldn't be doing the damn class.

Do they give out booklets of this stuff when people get their certification? Speak like a normal person! Gees louise....
Live, laugh, love...
:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok first world (and healthy) problems
My phone telle me im down to 10% free storage and we have a new Bruce Springsteen archive show released today (St Paul 2012)
Im going to have to delete a lot of pictures
And go onto battle trying to work out how to get my laptop to suck the music from my phone

Last night i was downloading a bootleg someone sent me (Dallas 1980) and everything was hard on laptop
unzipping
playing
I can't make the whole concert play
Only one song at a time

Gary at the best of times has zero patients but he can't see well enough to help me

I don't know why everything like this is always so hard for me !

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junk mail is my moan of the day.

The companies sending out unsolicited flyers and catalogues should be fined under environmental laws in even normal circumstances - it’s unforgivable, and should be illegal, to send out huge volumes of paper that go straight ftom letterbox to recycling bin. In current pandemic times it’s even more unforgivable: how many people have touched or coughed near the flyer/envelope/catalogue that flops onto my mat and potentially brings virus with it, and that I neither requested nor want? It’s an acceptable risk if it’s mail you need, but I’m pretty sure I can happily live my life without ever knowing that some of these products even exist!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@YadaYadaYada & @stracci2000
You were so right, I couldn’t agree more.
Now that you mentioned, I rarely see women spitting!
Always men especially middle age & older :x2

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
this rip off!!! The county decided to increase the tax assessment! What a BS!!!! Do you think our houses really worth that much??? Do you actually think anyone would buy our houses at that price??!!! You just find an excuse to make us pay more taxes!!!! Do you think this money grows on a tree????!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:x2:x2:x2

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves.
It's always men.
Men must have extra saliva that builds up and they have to aggressively expel it.:rolleyes: No manners!

Women never see it but many men spit while they are peeing into a urinal, as if the saliva in their own mouths is a third body waste. :doh:

Whatever. I don't care.
It doesn't bother me, but it never ceases to surprise me.

BTW, I doubt they know that we all swallow about 1.5 quarts of phlegm (aka mucus, aka bugers, aka snot) every day.
Look it up.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Women never see it but many men spit while they are peeing into a urinal, as if the saliva in their own mouths is the third body waste. :doh:

Whatever. I don't care.

BTW, I doubt they know that we all swallow about 1.5 quarts of phlegm (aka mucus, aka bugers, aka snot) every day.

Gross!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this rip off!!! The county decided to increase the tax assessment! What a BS!!!! Do you think our houses really worth that much??? Do you actually think anyone would buy our houses at that price??!!! You just find an excuse to make us pay more taxes!!!! Do you think this money grows on a tree????!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:x2:x2:x2

Ugh I feel your pain! Same here. Property taxes keep on climbing. :x2
Don't they know this is interfering with our bling fund??? :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look it up.

:lol:

Kenny, I enjoy your posts.
You brighten PS.

:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand this ?
Why are they refusing it ?
I guess a small % would be medical
But these peeps need to be a shinning example to the rest of us

Exactly. They should be but some of them sadly are not. IMO those who refuse who can get it (not contraindicated) have blood on their hands. Each day delayed means more people will die. :(

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I feel your pain! Same here. Property taxes keep on climbing. :x2
Don't they know this is interfering with our bling fund??? :angryfire:

I know!!!:cry2: Imagine 2.7% property tax rate!!! With young kids, 3 kids college funds, mortgage, etc I can’t buy bling, I’ve been saving for years to buy bling and decided to pull the plug last month but haven’t got the one I want and then.... my DH miscalculate and didn’t save money (at all) to pay property tax next month and we got $1600 increase this year, so now he’s taking my side saving bling account to pay property tax :cry2:I wish I used it all last month so he can’t take it:cry2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I'm appalled & disgusted at the world & the people who took this baby. This poor woman was robbed at gunpoint, then severely beaten and had her baby Frenchie taken. This all happened about four days ago in San Francisco."

I actually thought a human baby named Frenchie had been taken, until I read the next para!

I'm so glad that that's not the case, because dognappers probably want the dog for themselves to love and spoil, and I don't think that's usually the case when children are kidnapped.

ETA: I often don't use the multi-quote, because the thread gets messy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm appalled & disgusted at the world & the people who took this baby. This poor woman was robbed at gunpoint, then severely beaten and had her baby Frenchie taken. This all happened about four days ago in San Francisco.

I'm trying to do my part in helping to spread the word in the hopes that someone who knows or sees something can report it or contact the owner.

Details about where the robbery specifically occured can be found on her instagram that I linked below.

What a world....
:'(

Screenshot_20210108-122332.png

This made literally cry...I’m just sick! The poor lady and dog. What is wrong with people. I just don’t understand...:cry2: I hope she is able to get that poor baby back.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoping the new administration gets on this as priority one and makes vaccinating everyone way more efficient. It's a travesty the way it's (so slowly) being rolled out now. :(

@missy What do you think of President Elect Biden freeing up the second shots of people that already had the first dose? I don’t know what to think if it. The vaccine was tested with a second dose three weeks later. I would lobe to hear what medical people have to say.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Women never see it but many men spit while they are peeing into a urinal, as if the saliva in their own mouths is a third body waste. :doh:

Whatever. I don't care.

Look it up.

The one time i do not want a measurement converted to metric !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We call property taxes rates here
we get stung twice because we have city councils and regional councils (i have no idea what the regional council does except collect tax )
With covid hitting the economy councils were not ment to be increasing rates this year but its a 10% increase

we have one of the most exspensive rates in NZ here i think because the river floods and it doesn't matter if you have a flash house in a nicer suburb or a fixer uper in a not as nice suburb its about the same amount
This quarter i am really struggling to pay it and both lots of rates are now due

On top of that the fibre lot if xmas tree died last night
Im hoping its just the halogen bulb that needs replacing
its 20 years old but we don't use it every year but its been so pretty this year and with Gary's eyes being very sensitive and painful with normal lighting it makes a good night light in the evenings

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy What do you think of President Elect Biden freeing up the second shots of people that already had the first dose? I don’t know what to think if it. The vaccine was tested with a second dose three weeks later. I would lobe to hear what medical people have to say.

Joanne, does this mean he wants to delay the second set of vaccinations for people who already had the first? Studies to date show that the optimum time between doses is about 3-4 weeks IIRC. I don't think that is a good idea delaying the vaccination for the first group of people as they might not be fully protected. I would like to see more doses available sooner rather than later so the more vulnerable population can get the vaccination. It is very inefficient right now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne, does this mean he wants to delay the second set of vaccinations for people who already had the first? Studies to date show that the optimum time between doses is about 3-4 weeks IIRC. I don't think that is a good idea delaying the vaccination for the first group of people as they might not be fully protected. I would like to see more doses available sooner rather than later so the more vulnerable population can get the vaccination. It is very inefficient right now.

Yes..He wants to get more people vaccinated and try to ramp up production. I would rather wait for a two dose vaccine three weeks apart. Waiting months for the second dose in case they can’t get production ramped up sounds like a very bad idea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes..He wants to get more people vaccinated and try to ramp up production. I would rather wait for a two dose vaccine three weeks apart. Waiting months for the second dose in case they can’t get production ramped up sounds like a very bad idea.

Yeah until there is more evidence proving it is as effective with a longer time between doses I would prefer for the doses to remain at the optimal timing as we know it now. Ideally I would like to see many more doses available to all who want the vaccine and am hoping somehow that happens sooner vs later.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband took the dogs to the vet yesterday for vaccinations and check up. Even though I wrote everything down for him and the vet he did have answers to my questions. He told me "the vet is going to call you to explain everything to you, she knows how fussy we are about the dogs and that you need everything explained thoroughly." Us fussy? How dare he!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So annoyed with a co-worker. Every post I put on FB she always has some passive aggressive or downright negative comment to make. I posted something yesterday and she responded in her usually negative way. I went out to eat at a restaurant and they had these little outdoor heated igloo seating arrangements. She asked me if I watched them clean it. Then she said I had the Corona Virus. I laughed it off in my usual way when she comments. Meanwhile she told me she walked into a supermarket without a mask and when the teenage worker told her she had to put one on, she refused and told her to call the manager. Then she argued with the manager about having to wear a mask. And she’s a nurse!

Today I posted a meme I thought was funny BC I’ve been having back pain lately and I’m 48. The meme is below.
This is what she commented on my post-

“Zip it sister! I will come slap you with my good hand LOL”

I mean seriously, I don’t see anything offensive in this meme that would make her respond to me that way.

FA0638D3-706B-44E7-B362-94F9E0B4D907.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Lysol really need to advertise right now? Their wipes and spray are completely sold out!!

I was just talking about this to Greg. What the heck? Why is it still hard to get Lysol? I don't think I have seen it available here for many many many months. Why is it impossible still to purchase?
We have been in the pandemic for 10/11/12 over 12 (depending on the location) months now. Cmon Lysol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So annoyed with a co-worker. Every post I put on FB she always has some passive aggressive or downright negative comment to make. I posted something yesterday and she responded in her usually negative way. I went out to eat at a restaurant and they had these little outdoor heated igloo seating arrangements. She asked me if I watched them clean it. Then she said I had the Corona Virus. I laughed it off in my usual way when she comments. Meanwhile she told me she walked into a supermarket without a mask and when the teenage worker told her she had to put one on, she refused and told her to call the manager. Then she argued with the manager about having to wear a mask. And she’s a nurse!

Today I posted a meme I thought was funny BC I’ve been having back pain lately and I’m 48. The meme is below.

I mean seriously, I don’t see anything offensive in this meme that would make her respond to me that way.

I am with you @kayla17 this is funny. And sort of true. :)
Maybe it hit too close to home with your coworker?

:halo:

Oh and shame on her for being a nurse and refusing to wear a mask at the supermarket.:x2

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for my FWP to be delivered from China.

FedEx takea 25€ for shipping.

I got a notification it's here in France at customs waiting to be cleared.
I have to pay 4 € of duties. And 20€ of FedEx handling fees (!!!).

Tried to pay on their website.
Won't work.
Site overwhelmed.

Got another mail, they aren't handling my package before I have paid. Which I can't.

Can't even go to a FedEx office to pay (not that I want to, but because of Covid I cannot).

Now it's saying something different why the site is down. And they basically also say: don't try to contact us, we're overwhelmed because of Covid...

But I still owe them 20€ handling fees!!:x2

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla - I think the meme is funny and non-offensive. If she's always making snippy remarks to you, it's most likely that she's jealous of you in some way.

ETA: I think her response is aggressive. If you can't find a way to get her off your FB entirely, I'd add her to an Acquaintances list (or a list entitled Frenemies!) and just do not include her in your FB comments.

I had someone who was relentlessly negative on my FB account, an old friend who had developed eccentricities over the years. I unfriended her, telling her that I was spending too much time on FB and I was keeping it only for family. That was mostly true. And I could do it because we don't have any mutual friends.

Just saying - there are ways to deal with these Facebook bores!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@kayla17 My feeling is that she is jealous of you. I’ve had that happen to me. I just ignored everything she said that was negative. She finally lost steam when she didn’t get a reaction from me. I also was sweet as pie to her when I would see her in person. I think it irritated her....:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results