color
clarity

Let’s talk about Larimar

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its here ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
my scratch the itch, feel good to make up for my fake larimar beads has arrived
just as well i got the bigger size because i forgot that wide bands need a bigger size
it definatly looks real
20220622_131708.jpg

I love it, Daisy! Bigger is better, Go big or go home!
I love a big statement ring! It's gorgeous!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so ....
well i don't have my hopes up or anything
i brought this purely for the colour because i have 2 or 3 shirts and a dress plus some dyed acrylic fur to make something ??? but Fluffa Duffa pinched it (and a blanket see photo :lol-2: ) this colour plus i brought a fashion necklace from the chemist i had looked at for at least a year before i finally brought it and that cost quite a bit more than this
it was sold as green larimar from the Dominican republic but it was only $ 23 :lol-2: :lol-2:
i understand green is a less desirable colour
what do you think ?
it did arrive a bit pailer than it looked on esty
im just going to make a necklace that's the length of all the beads (i brought two lots)

it would be cool if its actual larmair and not dyed quartz or what ever but ok if its not
20220630_203559.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-204420.png

so ....
well i don't have my hopes up or anything
i brought this purely for the colour because i have 2 or 3 shirts and a dress plus some dyed acrylic fur to make something ??? but Fluffa Duffa pinched it (and a blanket see photo :lol-2: ) this colour plus i brought a fashion necklace from the chemist i had looked at for at least a year before i finally brought it and that cost quite a bit more than this
it was sold as green larimar from the Dominican republic but it was only $ 23 :lol-2: :lol-2:
i understand green is a less desirable colour
what do you think ?
it did arrive a bit pailer than it looked on esty
im just going to make a necklace that's the length of all the beads (i brought two lots)

it would be cool if its actual larmair and not dyed quartz or what ever but ok if its not
20220630_203559.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-204420.png

Can you post close ups of different parts of the strand? I really need to get an idea of patterning. I can't quite make it out from this photo alone. :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's something that just came to my attention, it's being called "pink larimar"

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's something that just came to my attention, it's being called "pink larimar"

I have a pair of natrolite/pink larimar earrings and a few cabs. The stones are more of a pinkish tan than my picture shows, but I don’t really see pink when I look at them. They are a nice neutral and are interesting to look at :))
9E3B20D6-1B88-41A0-9509-02F2CCB96116.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of natrolite/pink larimar earrings and a few cabs. The stones are more of a pinkish tan than my picture shows, but I don’t really see pink when I look at them. They are a nice neutral and are interesting to look at :))
9E3B20D6-1B88-41A0-9509-02F2CCB96116.jpeg

Oh wow! Look at you, with the hip new gemstone!!!!
These are so gorgeous!!! It's such a pretty stone!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't be absolutely certain, my friend, but they look like natural larimar to me! :D

that's good enough for me
thank you
i did read the greens are not the desirable colours so maby that's why it was so reasonably priced
i mean i brought it purely on colour so im happy (too bad those items of matching clothing i mentioned don't quite fit)
And too bad (or maybe just as well) it isnt available in different sizes and the colour isnt a bit stronger or I'd be tempted with my jet necklace (that is waiting on the slow boat from Texas with the rose quartz)

that's good enough for me
thank you
i did read the greens are not the desirable colours so maby that's why it was so reasonably priced
i mean i brought it purely on colour so im happy (too bad those items of matching clothing i mentioned don't quite fit)
And too bad (or maybe just as well) it isnt available in different sizes and the colour isnt a bit stronger or I'd be tempted with my jet necklace (that is waiting on the slow boat from Texas with the rose quartz)

The color is a very tranquil aqua green for sure! =)

that's much nicer than my washed out sage description :lol-2:

It's all about word pictures, my friend! AGL called my pastel sapphire "blue" on the GemBrief, which surprised me since it has so much violet in it. If I wanted them to call it blue, they'd have called it violet. lol Anyway, it's periwinkle!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a bit odd but exactly a week after i got the notification it was delivered my tiny fasceted stones finally turned up just now which means i have well and trully scratched the itch till i can budget in some really nice genuine blue lamair beads
i always new it would be a couple of inches short to accommodate fat neck but ive been training myself wearing a 16" silver chain, and i plan to just extend the beads with some plain silver chain,
staying (rather loosely) with my no new jewlery rule this is to provide a home for my either silver N or now i see the beads in person my Nicky necklace that is currently on too fine a chain

anyway I'll get to it shortly

i gurss this is about 3mm 20220707_151254.jpg 20220707_151254.jpg

a bit odd but exactly a week after i got the notification it was delivered my tiny fasceted stones finally turned up just now which means i have well and trully scratched the itch till i can budget in some really nice genuine blue lamair beads
i always new it would be a couple of inches short to accommodate fat neck but ive been training myself wearing a 16" silver chain, and i plan to just extend the beads with some plain silver chain,
staying (rather loosely) with my no new jewlery rule this is to provide a home for my either silver N or now i see the beads in person my Nicky necklace that is currently on too fine a chain

anyway I'll get to it shortly

i gurss this is about 3mm 20220707_151254.jpg 20220707_151254.jpg

I didn't realize they were faceted... how cool!! :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did in fact order the ring and it’s come the very next day :D

Note, it’s the worst weather possible to take pictures because it’s extreamly dark outside but we work with what we’ve got! All images taken about 4m away from a north facing window, and I noticed they all came out a sea greenish blue; in reality the larimar is a purer blue (and a bit darker then shown) like your rings.

Mine also seems to be a bit translucent. 76E46263-28D7-471A-9CF9-7690CA892766.jpeg A12BAB6B-7C8A-4611-BF0D-727591720C91.jpeg 1353F7F5-C2B9-47F7-8D7F-C3B4F83622B3.jpeg 2A49ACA2-A31A-4E78-BB29-10EB27C92C6E.jpeg 5E18F51D-CFB5-49BD-8462-CC1C5FC338DC.jpeg

ive defiantly been overdozing/ binging on too much streamed charmed on tv (the origional)
that stone looks magical

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok a wee something i didn't tell you all about ;)2
see i brought a wee silver & pearl necklace for a present off etsy.....and they did lamair in the same style
and there was a sale ....
i have never owned anything minimalistic in my life before but here we go
uglist just out of the shower look ever :lol-2:
but hay im clean :lol-2: 20220714_171906.jpg 20220714_172152_020.jpg

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
see i brought a wee silver & pearl necklace for a present off etsy.....and they did lamair in the same style

You did great with these, they look amazing on you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did great with these, they look amazing on you.

thank you gloria
im being bad and looking for a smallish pendent to layer with it
oh my - shipping from the US is outrageous these days :(2

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

I am also relatively new to the minimalistic look. I love this! You will be able to layer this up with other chains and pendants to a more "substantial" look that is more to your liking (at least that is what I have experienced.) Try it with things you already have - you may be surprised by a combo that you didn't think would work, but actually does. Which etsy shop?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am also relatively new to the minimalistic look. I love this! You will be able to layer this up with other chains and pendants to a more "substantial" look that is more to your liking (at least that is what I have experienced.) Try it with things you already have - you may be surprised by a combo that you didn't think would work, but actually does. Which etsy shop?
you are dead right but im just learning to layer
yes i need to practice

it was also free shipping
but it did take ages to get here with zero communication (but it was such a good buy)

I'm usually a "go big or go home" type of girl, but sometimes I really enjoy delicate and feminine piece. I love this! And it looks fantastic on you!! :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1661055447827.png

no pictures from me yet (because not only is my phone dead but im very dsisatisfied with my provider and might take this popertunity to jump ship)

the stones have more colour than the vendor picture

but my sweet little braclete finally arrived from the UK, it took ages
im very happy with it and it looks so much better than it probably is

i have a bad history with braclettes both exspensive and fashion and i have a saphire braclete that cost 60 times what this ltitle sweetie cost me that i have never worn because im scared ill loose it like the others

so maybe this is a test case for me
part of me wants to buy 3 more and make a necklace, but i must sort out phone first !

i never planned to go down this larimar rabbit hole but now i need earings

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
1661055447827.png

no pictures from me yet (because not only is my phone dead but im very dsisatisfied with my provider and might take this popertunity to jump ship)

the stones have more colour than the vendor picture

but my sweet little braclete finally arrived from the UK, it took ages
im very happy with it and it looks so much better than it probably is

i have a bad history with braclettes both exspensive and fashion and i have a saphire braclete i have never worn beacsue im scared ill loose it like the others

so maybe this is a test case for me
part of me wants to buy 3 more and make a necklace, but i must sort out phone first !

i never planned to go down this larimar rabbit hole but now i need earings
Such a lovely sky blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results