shape
carat
color
clarity

Let’s talk about Larimar

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy, I dont think it is Native American.
Native jewelers do not make cut outs behind the stones.
But it appears to be larimar, and a nice big chunk, too!
I hope you love it when you get it!

Year you are right
My bad
i had the description mixed up with a pendent i may be eying up :lol-2:
(Enabling myself here :lol-2: i need a silver chain and it comes with a chain)

@Daisys and Diamonds Your new ring is gorgeous, my friend! Big congrats!! After all of your hard work and bead buying adventures, you certainly deserved a treat. Definitely natural larimar too. I agree with @stracci2000... this piece was probably crafted right in the DR. Most of mine were! I love knowing that local artisans close to the mine are deeply involved in the process. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Your new ring is gorgeous, my friend! Big congrats!! After all of your hard work and bead buying adventures, you certainly deserved a treat. Definitely natural larimar too. I agree with @stracci2000... this piece was probably crafted right in the DR. Most of mine were! I love knowing that local artisans close to the mine are deeply involved in the process. :)

Thank you =)2
i am breaking my rule and im awear the cost would go someway towards a ring resize
but all those bead purcheses were hard work and after the dyed quartz fiasco i needed a quick pick me up

There is a lot of snow down south, i wonder if the seller got to the post office ?

I like the hope it was crafted in the DR

Thank you =)2
i am breaking my rule and im awear the cost would go someway towards a ring resize
but all those bead purcheses were hard work and after the dyed quartz fiasco i needed a quick pick me up

There is a lot of snow down south, i wonder if the seller got to the post office ?

I like the hope it was crafted in the DR

Can't wait to hear your review! Hopefully there's a break in the weather long enough for the seller to make a trek to the post office.
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
It's difficult to fathom snow at this point, because we're heading into summer here in the States. I'm sweating mee arse off up here!! But we'll surely pay for it come the winter.
1237348a1c2hmw78k.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to hear your review! Hopefully there's a break in the weather long enough for the seller to make a trek to the post office.
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
It's difficult to fathom snow at this point, because we're heading into summer here in the States. I'm sweating mee arse off up here!! But we'll surely pay for it come the winter.
1237348a1c2hmw78k.gif

Remember i complained all summer long i was hot - since about October :lol-2:
We wont get snow here but there is a volcano we can see on a clear day only a few hours away and the ski field will be happy to get some . But brrrrrrr

Remember i complained all summer long i was hot - since about October :lol-2:
We wont get snow here but there is a volcano we can see on a clear day only a few hours away and the ski field will be happy to get some . But brrrrrrr

I want to see a volcano (safely) from my window! Isn't the world a crazy place? We live on opposite ends on the earth, and yet here we are.
579081gumtwy2sum.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see a volcano (safely) from my window! Isn't the world a crazy place? We live on opposite ends on the earth, and yet here we are.
579081gumtwy2sum.gif

The internet is a pretty cool thing
we dont have volcanoes down south where im from although my hometown Dunedin is built on an old 10 million year old volcano

Here we are almost on the edge of the volcanic platau which is my favourite place in the North Island
One time (not at band camp) we were out 4x4ing in the summer and drove and then walked up to the snow on Mt Ruapahu
Even though you could see the highway still it was so quiet - just the wind and Bruce Springsteen for company
(Yes i made yellow snow :lol-2: )

The internet is a pretty cool thing
we dont have volcanoes down south where im from although my hometown Dunedin is built on an old 10 million year old volcano

Here we are almost on the edge of the volcanic platau which is my favourite place in the North Island

This is the coolest factoid I've ever learned about NZ.

One time (not at band camp) we were out 4x4ing in the summer and drove and then walked up to the snow on Mt Ruapahu

You absolutely crack me up!! :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the coolest factoid I've ever learned about NZ.

You absolutely crack me up!! :lol-2:

Yes
but don't forget
you still have Bruce Springsteen and that is waaaaay cooler !

Not larimar but he does rock some rather nice tourquise pieces

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-100541.png
    Screenshot_20220616-100541.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20220616-100729.png
    Screenshot_20220616-100729.png
    693.6 KB · Views: 80

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you would not beleave it
so much for instant gratification
I do feel bad for her and hope it wasny stolen

just got this email

"......My apologies for not sending your Ring yet, I wanted to have 1 more major search for it before I refunded you.

I have hunted hi and low for the lovely Larimar ring you purchased, and have come to the conclusion that it may have been either stolen at market or sold by my helper and not recorded properly.

Either way – it is not here.

This is very frustrating for both of us, and I am not in the habit of listing and not being able to supply this beautiful jewellery ( very embarrassing not being able to supply this for you )

I have refunded you your auction amount + postage, back into the account you paid for the auction with.

I`m very sorry for any inconvenience. If you are interested in the other Larimar ring on TM – it is definitely here ......"

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the new one
Size 9.5
That's an S size here so not sure what it'll fit? but i did buy those white topaz stacking rings recently that might help if its too small for one finger but too big for the other

1604814937.jpg 1604815912.jpg 1604815727.jpg

@Daisys and Diamonds I don't know, my friend, I'm sort of liking this one better!! I'm so sorry about the first ring being lost (you're having a run of bad luck with this stone for some inexplicable reason!). It does sound like the seller was being honest and feels terrible about it. Is the new ring from the same person? You can always have it resized. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I don't know, my friend, I'm sort of liking this one better!! I'm so sorry about the first ring being lost (you're having a run of bad luck with this stone for some inexplicable reason!). It does sound like the seller was being honest and feels terrible about it. Is the new ring from the same person? You can always have it resized. :)

Thank you Autumn
Yes she does seem genuine, she also has a 97% trade-me score and a tonn of sales
Its a good sign if you like this one more =)2

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta say, design and shape-wise, I like the second one more, too. It's a bit softer, rounder, a bit more feminine. The other stone had a nicer matrix, but this one is very pretty as well.

In any case, don't buy this one if you don't like it and don't envision yourself wearing it. It's hardly the last larimar on earth and I'm sure in time you'll find other rings you love.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotta say, design and shape-wise, I like the second one more, too. It's a bit softer, rounder, a bit more feminine. The other stone had a nicer matrix, but this one is very pretty as well.

In any case, don't buy this one if you don't like it and don't envision yourself wearing it. It's hardly the last larimar on earth and I'm sure in time you'll find other rings you love.

Thank you @Avondale .
I am reassured you like it too
I do/ did like them both
It was 51/ 49
i liked the almost masculine look of the first one because well ....it kind of had a rock'n roll vibe going on (read between the lines here :lol-2: ;)2 :lol-2: )

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with the others @Daisys and Diamonds- both rings are pretty, but the second one is a little more feminine and softer looking. I really like the pattern of the wisps and the two-tone colors, sky blue and teal blue! A much more interesting stone.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @RMOO and @stracci2000
It's really just a bit of blue fun to scratching the itch and as compensation feel good for my disappointment at buying fake larmair beads

Im hoping it will put the whole sorry saga to bed once and for all

it wasn't so much the cost (thank goodness -sigh - ive had much worse trade-me buys) it was the time and affort and antisapation and then it just looked so good with the jet beads
sigh

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It's really just a bit of blue fun to scratching the itch and as compensation feel good for my disappointment at buying fake larmair beads

it wasn't so much the cost (thank goodness -sigh - ive had much worse trade-me buys) it was the time and affort and antisapation and then it just looked so good with the jet beads
sigh

sigh

I get this. Even though I am trying to save up for a more major future purchase, sometimes I can't resist buying something relatively inexpensive just as a treat.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get this. Even though I am trying to save up for a more major future purchase, sometimes I can't resist buying something relatively inexpensive just as a treat.

That's exactly it ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I am technically on a no-buy for amything that doesnt pertain to 'alternation & repair'
But as with anything all work and no play makes Judy a dull girl

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its here ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
my scratch the itch, feel good to make up for my fake larimar beads has arrived
just as well i got the bigger size because i forgot that wide bands need a bigger size
it definatly looks real
20220622_131708.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results