shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Heartsonfire -- I''m glad it seems like your boyfriend has come around to seeing what is important to you. I also agree sometimes a fight is a good thing, it helps open up communication and makes people rethink what they''re saying and their actions.

Teebee -- you totally don''t look 31!

Croi -- I''ve been to most cities in Italy, I did not have any problems in Venice, the only one thing is that after April it gets very crowded and more expensive. Also can be difficult to get good hotels. I can just PM you about it though so I don''t take up a bunch of space on Italy.

Date: 1/14/2005 4
6.gif
2:31 PM
Author: heartsonfire

DG: is your lady also from the UK did you see a pic of her already or you both don’t know how you look like and did you speak on the phone already... sorry me so curious... all the best... thank you for the compliments... can’t wait to see a pic of you and your lady!
lol, noooooo, don''t apologise
9.gif
!!!

my angel is Irish American, and I will be moving to the US to be with her when I finish college at the end of the year
9.gif

yes, we have swopped pics, and she is gorgeous
30.gif
so beautiful! she is so far out of my league we are talking about different sports! lol but she says I am gorgeous too
9.gif
her pic is the background on my desktop
9.gif

we have not spoken on the phone, but we have used voicechat
9.gif
she has the sweetest, lovely, sensual voice (and the cutest, sexiest little yawn!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
)

as for a pic, you will have to wait til we are engaged I am afraid, cos I won''t post it without her permission and I don''t want her to see all my plans lol!!! I will probably propose around Christmastime (I am thinking when we get home after Christmas Mass) so it will be a year... sorry!

until that time, this is the best you are gonna get the likeness is spooky...!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Blue824: Thanks... I''m so glad too... I know I hate fights but I''m glad we had that one... it made us both look deeper into our relationship.

DG: You are so sweet the way you talk about her (I love it that you notice the way she yawns... so sweet). I bet you two will make such a cute couple... I love the smiley icon pics of you both... LOL... you are such a funny lad... she is so lucky to have you and you are lucky to have found her... I can''t wait for to hear how you proposed to her... your plan sounds great to me.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls,

Wow, this thread moves quickly.

TEEBEE!!!!!! It is just beautiful! Love it!

DG/Jenwill, yep, the subway was packed at that hour b/c it was the crowds from Closing Ceremonies.

Can''t remember who asked about the goatee, but NO, my boy is far to stubborn to shave just b/c I want him to. He knew for years that I disliked it (and his parents bugged him too) but he just decided one day and confused me b/c he told me on the phone about his "naked face" and I totally didn''t get it!

Molson, Katrina, Erin, HOF, you are all gorgeous girls and lovely couples!! I just love putting faces w/ names.

HOF, I am so so glad that you guys have made up. I agree with all--a fight sometimes forecs us to reevaluate and communicate, and it''s clear how much he loves and values you. Hooray!!

Apple, I just love the idea of your own little detail with the ring!

Melissa, Alley, everyone - LOVE all the different dresses--wouldn''t do color for me, but like it on others. I will have to be in Ivory or cream, I just don''t look very good in whitewhite.

Croi, I am so sorry about your friend--that is so young to be fighting cancer. And YES, it''s in the air this week, b/c I had an absolutely vile FedEx operator on the phone who was literally YELLING at me and talking to me like I was stupid--I felt like crying! I ultimately asked my last question, said thank you, I understand, and you don''t need to raise your voice, buh-bye. Click. And I called back a few minutes later and complained about her by name to the next operator--but mostly I just wanted to get the correct answer to my question, which the 2nd woman did provide. It''s so shocking though, I felt so off-center and not sure how to respond to it in the moment.

Lovey, the 20th!!!!! Less than a week!!

JenWill, I''ll head over and check out your asscher. (Hee. That sounds kind of dirty. Hey lady, NIIIIIIICE asscher!)

For all who are going on hot dates with their sweeties this weekend (Alley, HOF, who else?) enjoy!!

I am going to have to come back when my head is more firmly attached to my body. I apologize for not replying to everything, but I can''t really think straight b/c......

I''m embarassed to say I spent pretty much the entire day in bed with one of the worst hangovers in my life.
14.gif
14.gif
I feel REEEEAAALLy dumb. It was my cousin''s b-day, and then another friend''s b-day after that...and I''m squeezing in seeing friends and saying goodbye, and I just was stupid. Wine at dinner (Tartine in the village for the Nyers) then beer at Don''t tell Mama (Cabaret/Piano Bar) and then the death knell against my better judgement: cosmos at Therapy (a gay bar.) I don''t know if I''ve mentioned him, but I have a "gay boyfriend" who I just adore and that last party stop with him was the nail in the coffin. UUUHHHHHH. I feel wretched. Luckily I didnt'' have work to miss today. Mark (my gaybf) knows all about the FLIW....he always says "you crazy kids and your internets." He also says (try to imagine Jack from W&G saying this) "Honey, waiting for that boy to propose is like waiting for Sam and Diane to kiss on Cheers!!" If I''ve told that story before on here, sorry!

Ok, Happy Friday to all the FLIW, and keep the pics coming
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ring vibes!!! I think it will still be sometime between March and June, but ladies, each day is one day closer to getting engaged!

blueroses: I wish I had a "gay boyfriend" it sounds like so much fun. My roomie and I both used to have "surrogate boyfriends" when we were in past relationships. The guy friend that could be the boyfriend, b/c we'd rather hang out with them than the BF.

sg: thanks for LIW forum request link. I put my thoughts...I think we should all make a comment on it, like a petition!!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, the lovely Friday ''had too much fun on Thursday, potentially setting up a vicious cycle that could repeat all of the long weekend'' hangover. Fun- take 2 advil, drink a bitters and soda, and feel better soon! Bitters and soda is the best bad head/yucky stomach from drinking fix. Coupla shakes in a lowball, add plain soda (or 7 up if you cannot handle soda)- all better. I bartended for a bit of time in my 20''s- that one really does the trick. In fact, the dad of one of my friends was over for an informal gathering, saw my bitters and said..."no bar is complete without bitters- I am very proud of you for having a ''real'' bar". He meant because you need it to make old-fashioneds, little did he know what I had it for!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jenwill....I will stock up for the future, since I think I''m through the worst of it, but thank you! The worst part is just that I KNOW better....I am way too old for this kind of silliness, plus I should know better than to ever mix like that. SILLY ME
14.gif

Apple, he is SO much fun, I just love the kid to death. I will miss him in CA! I highly recommend a gbf
9.gif

Hooray to maybe getting our own forum!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Jennwill ~ I use bitters in my spaghetti sauce recipe!! It''s my secret ingredient passed on from my dad''s super spectacular recipe & no one can ever figure out exactly what makes my sauce taste so good, but I believe it''s the bitters...
36.gif
Now I know of another good way to put it to good use!!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 4
6.gif
2:31 PM
Author: heartsonfire

Twinkletoes: I am so excited for you... bf is also American/Italian... he went to Italy a couple of years ago... he loved it... he told me of a lovely place called... Portofino... most likely our honeymoon will be to Italy too. I saw pics... it’s a tiny lovely island with boats and great hotels... just romantic. When I was young (about 9) my family and I went to Venice... Italy is a lovely place to go to... hey do you know the commercial “A Diamond is Forever” a man screaming “I live this woman”... he proposed with a 3 diamond ring and she said “I love this man” that was in Venice in front of the Cathedral.

I am impressed! How do you keep up? I know that commercial... I pretty much think that's every woman's dream come true! I told my boyfriend a year ago that he's not allowed to propose to me inside a restaurant, on a cruise or at disneyland. Not that I think he'd do it, just not my thing and wanted to make that clear. LOL He thinks I'm funny. A private moment between us would be lovely for the "deed" and Italy would be the most romantic backdrop!

My bf is Canadian/Italian so he's fluent in Italian, English and French. I call him my tour guide with benefits. I know traveling with him to Paris/Italy would be awesome because I wouldn't have to worry too much about the language barrier. I understand a bit of Italian which shocks his parents, but not enough to get around. Here's a phrase for you to tell your bf... "Mi piace molto la tua salsiccia!" My bf's best friend taught me that one night while we were all out to dinner whispering it in my ear and telling me to say it to my bf. It means I really like your...sausage. LOL boys will be boys, no?

Oh, and I meant to say this before but HOF, you are beautiful!!

ETA: ok, so the BF can't get mad if I don't post HIS picture right? HERE'S A LINK to what I look like... I'm the girl on the far right. I love the pictures here! It's more personal.

Date: 1/14/2005 6:28:35 PM
Author: blueroses

Wine at dinner (Tartine in the village for the Nyers) then beer at Don''t tell Mama (Cabaret/Piano Bar
well I don''t know about the hangover part, but beer (by which I assume you mean lager
14.gif
)? after wine...? oh dear! no, no, no, no, no!!! there is only one thing with which to follow wine, a nice ruby port
9.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
i was going to say "more wine?"

or else something naughty I kept to myself. LOL

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 6:32:29 PM
Author: sciencegeek
Yay!! Patty just asked Leonid to give us our own forum
9.gif
9.gif

linky link

Ever since I saw Patty''s post, I''ve been obsessively checking to see if there''s anything new under Forums
1.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 6
6.gif
9:22 PM
Author: Blue824
Heartsonfire -- I'm glad it seems like your boyfriend has come around to seeing what is important to you. I also agree sometimes a fight is a good thing, it helps open up communication and makes people rethink what they're saying and their actions.

Teebee -- you totally don't look 31!

Croi -- I've been to most cities in Italy, I did not have any problems in Venice, the only one thing is that after April it gets very crowded and more expensive. Also can be difficult to get good hotels. I can just PM you about it though so I don't take up a bunch of space on Italy.
Thanks Blue, I totally don't feel 31!!!

ETA: I had to stop and pick up cigarettes (yuck
14.gif
I know) for my *fiance* and I got I.D.'d for them, thougt it was funny...

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
OK- this is totally off subject (who am I kidding, this thread has a million subjects, whats one more!?!) but everytime I read Blue824, immediately I start thinking of football:

Blue824, Blue 824, hut, hut, hike!

I know- I am a dork, but that just keeps going throughmyhead......

I need to be packing...movers coming in 15 hours.....

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 8:50:15 PM
Author: jenwill
OK- this is totally off subject (who am I kidding, this thread has a million subjects, whats one more!?!) but everytime I read Blue824, immediately I start thinking of football:

Blue824, Blue 824, hut, hut, hike!

I know- I am a dork, but that just keeps going throughmyhead......

I need to be packing...movers coming in 15 hours.....
Ummm...thanks?
3.gif
It actually is my birthday and blue was a nickname...Freshman year of HS i had a horrible habit of biting the tops of pens when I was bored/stressed out in school...and one day it happened to be a blue pen and it broke! And my lips were blue for the rest of the day (last class of the day, thank god), and that horrible habit was stopped IMMEDIATELY! Nothing to do with football, hehe

Good luck with your move, Jen!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I went to a bridal show tonite and this one was SOOO much fun! The first one we went to was somewhat of a dissappointment.. but this one was fun! I wanna go back! lol..

AND i actually got to try on a prong set eternity band! It WAS REALLY expensive though. About twice as much as the facets one and the carat weight was about the same.. a little less actually. My mom didn''t like it.. thought it was too thin for my e-ring.. but i think I did.. I could go with something maybe a bit thicker than that.. but I didn''t think it was TOO thin at all. It was pretty.. but its so so hard to even try on rings with my teeny little fingers. You can''t get a good idea of how the rings will sit together. But i had never seen one before in real life! It was fun!

What else.. we met this cute little photographer. He was from poland and sooo adorable. He seemed excited that someone even bothered to talk to him. PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE FREAKING EXPENSIVE THOUGH! I had thrown away some brochures from photographers because I thought the prices were outrageous.. but they ALL are outrageous. The cheapest package we saw tonight was $1200 (from the cute little polish guy) and they went all the way up to $5000. There is one photo package I really like.. but its $3500.. and you get a lot for it.. but MY GOSH! I could buy a used CAR for that much money!

Didn''t really find any cakes that i loved..or any really exciting florists.

Looked at some alternate reception hall places.. because there is a chance someone else might be booking my hall!
8.gif
They have a tentative "hold" on the theatre for a bar mitzvah but the manager thinks (Says he is 99% sure) that they are going to back out of it. I don''t know about bar mitzvahs or anything.. but are they THAT big of an occasion that you would book your venue a year and a half a head of time?? And why do they have to have it AT MY VENUE?

I saw a GORGEOUS venue tonite.. that I love the looks of even more than my theatre.. BUT.. it is exclusively catered by the people who catered my sisters wedding and did an AWFUL job!!!!!!
8.gif
. I''m soooo disappointed. I''d even be willing to give it a shot because its so pretty, but my dad and my sister wouldn''t allow that, I''m sure.

The dresses were all David''s bridal.. so they were not very exciting. Saw some cute shoes though. There was actually a cute BM dress that I saw in the davids catalog. but its tea length.. and I don''t want tea length anymore.

So I guess i didn''t really accomplish all that much except for finding some photographer possiblities.. but it sure was fun!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Jenwill and Lovey, I got you both beat. I''m
32.gif
32.gif
!!!please tell me there''s someone out there to beat me out!!!!!!!!
blueroses: I can relate. I''m a HAG too. Grace all the way. Have been since high school. I go to the club to watch one of my Queen friends perform. FH wont go. Major homophobe. At least he''ll talk to them now. Baby steps. Also, my best friend is a straight male. I wonder about having and Man of Honor at my wedding
20.gif
. Any opinions??

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
jenwill, I wish I had some input for you, but I''m
33.gif
about asschers. But when you decide I''ll be glad to gawk over it for you!!
1.gif

palmbaybabe, wassup with your new avatar?? That little girl is SO CUTE!!
9.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
gg - the cute little girl is my niece, the pic was taken early summer she was about 2 1/2 then she will be three at the end of march. of course since I''m auntie i think she is cute but boy can she be a little devil! she does everything her brother does and then some, my nephew will be 6 april 1. when i get home i will try to attach a pic of them and a pic of steve & me. i don''t have such good luck with that, i am so not computer literate

appletini

Ideal_Rock
twinkletoes: you are gorgeous!!!

Well last night was interesting. Two things...BF and I played lots of phone tag before we were able to talk last night, and he started talking to me in Portuguese...I was like English please! Well he'' still coming home next weekend, but it might only be for the weekend
29.gif
. He said he might have to fly back to Brazil that Monday night, but would be back from V-day. I was like, then why are you coming home at all...and he said that he has to see me...he''s so sweet and I miss him so much! I told him if that was the case I would take that Monday off from work and we would go to Whiteflash that day to look at stones and design setting. He really likes the setting I like!!!

Okay well for part 2: I was at his friends birthday party last night, and one of the fiancees (the one I''m not a fan of) starts telling me about how I have to have her ring person (this lady makes rings as a hobby) make my ring b/c "everyone in Houston has something from her." Yeah right. Her ring is very simple and east-west set EC with baguettes (might be smaller EC''s). I was telling her that the ring I want is pave galore and will be very intricate and detailed and that I know a lot of jewelers/people aren''t comfortable making that unless they are really experienced, and even then its a pain. Well I don''t think she liked that I wasn''t being her follower b/c then she went on to say that even if I''m designing its still not going to look like exactly what I want and I should just leave everything to my man to figure out. I think she''s afraid that my ring will look way better and maybe even bigger than her''s. I think she feels extra comptetive w/ me b/c she briefly dated my man a few years ago...good thing he got away from her.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
apple- Just wait til you get that gorgeous e-ring and you can shove it in her snnnoooty little face! Yours will be much nicer, I''m sure.. Maybe I''m a bit@h but I really get a kick out of it when people tell me how much nicer my ring is than so-and-so''s.. particularly this one girl who I used to work with. And I love her ring.. its beautiful.. I just like it when people tell me they like mine more.
9.gif
I"m sure you will hear that from your friends as well!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
MS: thanks...yes I''m sure my friends will go "ga-ga" over it. I know I will...someone is going to have to follow me around with a mop to clean up the drool!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!
I am pages and pages and pages behind! I just spent the last 30 minutes SCROLLING! I''ll have to go back and read, but as it is I''ve made myself incredibly late for my game (frisbee...he he.)

Couple of things: I LOVE the couples pictures. I will have to get some of us off the camera.
Teebee--LOL! I love that you went out to buy a better digital camera. That''s what I need. I got my ring in November, and still haven''t been able to post good pics of it. I kept blaming myself, but sweet FI says it''s our camera. The only ones I was able to post were from my silly picture phone.

Everyone is SO cute! I love being able to see faces!

in regards to braces---I was thinking of getting them, after all these "retainerless" years, and my constant night grinding, my poor old teeth are back to being crooked. I just don''t know if I can bear it! But seeing all of your lovely smiles makes me rethink that.

DG--so happy for you two...worried, yes, but happy.

Must run, very late...frisbee awaits.

PS. Who mentioned MARTA? I live in Hotlanta!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue: That really sucks about the bar mitzvah with the tentative hold. I hope they back out because the pics of the place were beautiful! Am I remembering incorrectly but I thought you had said they weren''t allowed to hold the space until a year before and that''s why you had to wait til this summer? And yeah, unfortunately they are huge events. Half the ones I''ve been to will probably be nicer than my wedding. They''ve gotten to be bigger and bigger events mostly because the parents compete to see who can throw the best one and the most unique and most expensive one, at least around where I live...and as I say that, I''m off to hopefully the last bar mitzvah I''ll have to attend until my friends start having kids!

Date: 1/15/2005 10:47
6.gif
8 AM
Author: Tybee

DG--so happy for you two...worried, yes, but happy.
thanks
9.gif
but what are you worried about? really, there is no need to worry, everything is great
9.gif
I will be with her in 59 days
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I can''t wait!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 11:27
6.gif
5 PM
Author: MelissaSue
Looked at some alternate reception hall places.. because there is a chance someone else might be booking my hall!
8.gif
They have a tentative ''hold'' on the theatre for a bar mitzvah but the manager thinks (Says he is 99% sure) that they are going to back out of it. I don''t know about bar mitzvahs or anything.. but are they THAT big of an occasion that you would book your venue a year and a half a head of time?? And why do they have to have it AT MY VENUE?

What what?!? I missed this--this is total BS, I thought you had first dibs when they opened the place up for booking in June??!?
29.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Melissa, I thought what GG did too--I'm amazed they let someone else put a hold on the place?
29.gif
The bridal fair sounds fun though--it's always nice to see other options, but you don't want to get suck with the bad caterer, either. It will ALL work, out, but it's stress you don't need!!

Tybee, that was me mentioning MARTA--my bf and I met on it back during the 96 olympics. Did you hear about the avalance at The Canyons in Park City? Can't remember if that's where you guys had gone skiing. My friend and all of her friends are fine, but it's scary--they've skied that area many times. Braces again
6.gif
My dentist mentioned that to me once, and I could see myself doing invisilign or something someday...I haven't worn my retainer in 15 years
7.gif

Apple, I'm sad for you! At least he's coming home at all b/c he MISSES YOU!! Oh I dunno, I think the Portugese would be kind of sexy? And what a little biz-nitch at that party! I'm sure her ring is lovely, but you want what you want, and I've never understood these bossy people who just insinuate themselves....."oh, you HAVE to do xyz..."

Twinkle, that sausage thing made me giggle.

As did JenWill's "Blue 824.....Blue 824.... HIKE HIKE" (Sorry, lots of hubbub about the Jets game today.)

Hope all of you have a great day! JenWill, how's the packing? Or unpacking by this time? I'm starting to get a little panicky.

eta: BlingQueen, I hadn't responded...ah yes, the glories of being a hag
2.gif
I do love my boys....they are just too fun. In fact, I think that's why I got so trashed on Thursday. Straight boys trying to buy me drinks I can handle, but cute GAY boys buying me drinks....well, that's it. I think your FH will come around...mine has. I mean--I wouldn't have called him a homophobe before me, he just really didn't know anyone that was gay and--as I'm a theatre person, he has no choice--he's just kind of been thrown in. His family is sort of from the "not that there's anything wrong with that" school of tolerance. Lovely people, just old fashioned. So I love that BF and I now even go on double dates w/ couples straight and gay alike! And as far as your straight friend-boy being your MAN-of-honor? Why not! I have a girlfriend who served as "best woman" at a guy friend's wedding.
30.gif

Date: 1/15/2005 1:51:33 PM
Author: blueroses

As did JenWill''s ''Blue 824.....Blue 824.... HIKE HIKE'' (Sorry, lots of hubbub about the Jets game today.)
my sweetheart lives near Pittsburgh, so guess who I''m rooting for?
9.gif

Both are good teams, I reckon it will be close early on. But Steelers rushing game will find the weaknesses in the Jets'' defence as the game progresses, they will pick up a few touchdowns in the second half. Steelers have the best defence in the league, so I don''t expect them to be giving anything away today! Jets will be lucky to get a few field goals
9.gif
add to that, Jets are 2-15 against Pittsburgh, and they have lost 35% of their games this season, Steelers less than 7%, in all sports, losing becomes a habit
11.gif

I''m saying close first half, Steelers to pull away in the second. Pittsburgh 24-13
go Steelers!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my bubble has finally been burst by the jewelers of the world who broke down and told me I was never going to have a 6-prong AND a flust wedding set. Boo hoo. (<--- me pouting)

I kinda knew it was unlikely but I was still holding onto a slim ray of hope.

Given this information, I have made the difficult decision that I like a flush set more than I like the look of the six-prong. My issue with the 4-prong is that I think it makes the RB look squarish, and that bugs me. So I will have to have teeny tiny unobtrusive prongs in order to avoid this problem. Which means my heart prongs are OUT.
39.gif

I like the heart prongs better as a 6-prong head, anyway.. they just looked odd when I photoshopped a 4-prong heart prong setting.

So, I believe I have decided to go with claw prongs. I like that, when well made, they practically disappear from a distance, and up close, they are so visually "light" that they don''t seem to square off a RB as much as any other kinds of prongs.

I guess I''ll just have to wait on a RHR for my beloved heart prongs.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results