shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2005 5
6.gif
0:17 PM
Author: goldengirl
Well, my bubble has finally been burst by the jewelers of the world who broke down and told me I was never going to have a 6-prong AND a flust wedding set. Boo hoo. (<--- me pouting)

I kinda knew it was unlikely but I was still holding onto a slim ray of hope.

Given this information, I have made the difficult decision that I like a flush set more than I like the look of the six-prong. My issue with the 4-prong is that I think it makes the RB look squarish, and that bugs me. So I will have to have teeny tiny unobtrusive prongs in order to avoid this problem. Which means my heart prongs are OUT.
39.gif

I like the heart prongs better as a 6-prong head, anyway.. they just looked odd when I photoshopped a 4-prong heart prong setting.

So, I believe I have decided to go with claw prongs. I like that, when well made, they practically disappear from a distance, and up close, they are so visually ''light'' that they don''t seem to square off a RB as much as any other kinds of prongs.

I guess I''ll just have to wait on a RHR for my beloved heart prongs.
7.gif
GG. Tiffany''s rings (RB''s) are set in a 6 prong AND the wedding band fits flush.. and I have tried on 6 prongs with matching wedding bands as well.... so I am confused as to why anyone would tell you that it couldn''t be done?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Probably because I also require a low-set head?
33.gif

But it was Whiteflash that said so, sooooo......
33.gif
33.gif
?

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses: Thank you for your kind words... I''m glad we made up too. I hope you feel better after your parties... I used to have gay boyfriends... they are the best to hang out with... they are so much fun to have a coffee, party, shopping... what ever you feel like doing... they are just like us girls too.
21.gif

Sciencegeek: I really hope and wish for our own folder... it will be so great... I supported that thread... with the help of your linky link!

Teebee: That is a great tip for sauce... I will try that one day (if you don''t mind... me stealing your recipe
2.gif
)... I mostly use red or white wine (depending what I am cooking) and sometimes I even use port... the sauces always taste yummy.
9.gif

Twinkletoes: Honestly I just do it step by step... by reading every post... I just don''t want to forget anyone who has been communicating with me... this is how I show how much I appreciate anyone writting to me... I have to admit everyone has been really sweet in this thread... all you ladies rock... your story how your bf should propose to you made me laugh... I couldn''t imagine people looking while he is asking me too... I''d love it personal... just him and me... so I agree with you too. Love that commercial... I always get teary eyes... so geeky of me and bf always laughs. It''s awesome that your tour gide with benefits speak so many languages plus that he grew up learning his mother and father tongue... I''m impressed... I love languages... I was raised with three languages too (Filipino "Tagalog", German, English) but I would even love it more if I would polish up my French, Spanish and Italian... just like you I understand Italian and maybe I can answer back in the most basic way... your "sausage whisper" made me LOL so funny... I wish I could say it in Italian to bf... but he would just say... in English please! LOL... bf doesn''t speak Italian but he does understand the basics... he said he is planning to learn the language... I would support him. Sweetie, thank you for the compliment... and I have to say you are gorgeous (if bf is Canadian/Italian and you are Asian... your kids will be beautiful)... great pic with your friends... where you the MOH or a BM... love the color is it cream or champagne.

DG: I agree with you... never mix wine with beer (big no no... this is what I learned in Europe... it will cause you a big hang over) ... love port too... so yummy
3.gif
so cute you are counting the days to see your lady... I did that too when I used to live in London.

Teebee: LOL... I know the feeling getting I.D.''d... I''m 26... I always get I''d going into bars... but sometimes... I don''t even have to be I.D.''d little teenager boys hit on me... that''s sad...
6.gif
... one time bf and I went to have lunch in a restaurant... I ordered pasta and a glass of white wine... the waiter (college boy) asks me for my I.D. - I forgot I left it in my other bag... I ended up with orange juice and bf was just swirling his glas in front of my face... saying how good the wine pairs the food.
14.gif

Jenwill: Did you pack everything?

Melissa: Don''t think you haven''t accomplished anything... look at your post... you''ve done so much... at least you had a chance to look at it... that with the bar mitzvah sucks... but I hope you find the perfect place, that you will love and with the best catering. Just a tip... when you look for a photographer... try to ask around who does it as a hobby... you might come out cheaper that way... plus you will be able to keep the films to develop more pics if you ever wanted w/o getting charged... you could also check out art schools... most of those kids are so talented... or check out free lance photographers who do it for fun... they will not charge that much... but make sure you tell them you want to have the films. Regarding cake don''t let them know it''s for a wedding coz everything for a wedding will cost 2x or even 3x... ask for a cake you and your FI both like and just decorate it with fresh flowers... tadaaaaaaaaa... just my tips. Good luck with your search... everything will be just fine... don''t forget the most important thing is that it will be your special day with your soon to be husband and all you both want is have the best time of your life that you two can look back to.

Blingqueen: Age doesn''t matter as long as you are young at heart
1.gif
and you sound young to me sweetie! I think it would be wonderful to have a "Man of Honor"... baby it''s your party... it''s your wedding! You have the say!!! Look at Blueroses girlfriend who served as "Best Woman" at a guy friend''s wedding... I think that''s fab.
36.gif

Pambaybabe: I agree with GG... she is adorable... I believe you that she can be a little devil
11.gif
... she just knows she is the sweetest thing.

Appletini: I am so happy for you that bf loves the setting you adore! And I am so excited for you that he is coming to see you soon... I had to laugh when I read he spoke Portuguese with you... it reminded me speaking German with bf one night when I got a call from him (I just woke up)... he said the same thing "English please!". In regards to that witch... she is just jealous... I can literally smell it through the PC screen LOL... yup she will be mopping her drool... I''m so proud you even described what you will be creating... coz I bet she couldn''t even follow you LOL
2.gif

Tybee: I had braces when I was 15 for 2 years... then wearing my retainers for 1 1/2 years... nowadays they have a selection of see through retainers (just like Blueroses mentioned... the invisilign) and they can even install braces from the inside of your teeth... I had it too... for me it was more uncomfortable than the normal ones... you defenitely cannot bite into an apple. You live in Hotlanta... bf is planning to have a weekend to Atlanta he said he heard of a new spa hotel... that will be so much fun... I love being pampered... who doesn''t
4.gif

Yesterday nigh the date got cancelled... bf was too busy at work... have a great weekend ladies!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Oh GG I''m so sorry to hear that... I hope you will find the best settings for you... the double claw sounds great... just think about how beautiful your RHR (with those sweet heart prongs) will look one day. Sending you good (((ring vibes))) and a big hug!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, HOF... I do like claw prongs, they are definitely a close runner-up to the heart prongs, so it's not like I'm "stuck" with them or anything.
1.gif

I just loooooooooove the heart prongs so much I wanted that to be my next aquisition... I suppose it won't kill me to wait a few years.
1.gif

See what I mean, it just doesn't look "right":

ChristinaHeart.jpg

But THIS, I like:
3.gif

ChristinaClaw.jpg

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you the #1 (not that I don''t like heart prongs) isn''t as sweet as #2 (love the double claws - it gives it a special touch)... you will find the right ring for you... did you creat that on your own? And will that be similar to the ring you wanted to have? #2 looks gorgeous. Love it!

htupper

Rough_Rock

Someone please help me......I''m losing my mind!

Hi Ladies, I''ve been lurking here ever since discovering this thread over a week ago. However, I resisted replying because I kind of thought my days as a lady in waiting were going to end last night. But alas it did not happen and now i am feeling more disappointed, frustrated and in need of venting more than ever!!!

A little about me. I''m 27 and have been dating my boyfriend (also 27) for almost 5 years (living together almost 4 of the 5). We have know for a while that we will be together for the long haul but were never really in a rush to get married until the past year or so. As i''m sure many of you have experienced, suddenly it seems EVERYONE i know is getting married, even those who have been dating barely more than a second. That definitely gave me the itch to make things official. However, my boyfriend is, like many, the product of a messy divorce and had a lot of issues and baggage concerning marriage. I am not the nagging sort and have been very patient and supportive with letting him work this stuff out in as much time as he needs. Patience paid off. In November he asked me to start looking into the kind of e-ring I would like. He wanted to get an idea from me but indicated that he didn''t want to go shopping with me because he wants to maintain some element of surprise. Suddenly I found myself immersed in the world of diamond rings. I quickly became obsessed much to my surprise since i am the girl who never wears jewelry (except one ring and earrings that never come off) and has never cared about such things in my life. Christmas came and went with no proposal (though I secretly know that he “asked” my parents for their blessing at this time and told them he would ask soon). Since then I have been consumed by the ring, the proposal, when it''s going to happen, etc. It reached almost hysterical proportions last Friday when a box came in the mail whose return address I recognized as being the one for the ring place. Now I know that the ring is in the house and even know where it is! I thought my bf might give it to me last night before he left for a week long business trip but it did not happen. I was disappointed and frustrated and was cranky and totally passive-aggressive with him last night for reasons he did not know. Poor guy! Ugh, now i am in the house with this ring and desperately want to look at it but at the same time don''t want to because i want to keep some element of surprise. But i don''t know if i will be able to resist?!

What is driving me most crazy about all this is the fact that it''s driving me crazy! Does this make sense? I can''t stop wondering when it will happen, how it will happen, etc. and not knowing is really stressing me out. I dont'' know how much longer i can wait!?! I have never been the type to obsess about this type of thing (jewelry, weddings, etc). Who am I? Not to mention i am in my last year of grad school and have a thesis that i need to be focusing on but instead i am investing all my energy in this. AAAAAHHHH!

Sorry, this turned out to be WAY longer that i''d planned. But it really helped to vent so thanks for reading (if indeed you read this far). I guess this is also a long-winded plea to be added to the list of ladies in waiting.

Thanks for listening everybody!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t create this ring, it''s sistagrl''s find and I stole it from her. :) The design is originally from ebay seller Bella Jewelry Company.

I just want to make a few changes, a different head (as their original design has a quite blocky prong head that I just don''t care much for) and to make the band thinner, more dainty. I had originally wanted to swap the head for the 6-heart-prong but, as discussed, that''s apparently not going to work. *shrug*

Actually the more I look at the more I like the claw prong even better than the 6-heart-prong. I think it "goes" better.

This may be a blessing in disguise!
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the madness, B-girl! You''re not alone here and I totally understand your confusion about the obsession. I swear they must lace these sites with opium or something, because I''m exactly like you... I don''t own or wear much jewelry, but found myself absolutely consumed with e-rings once the idea was born.

If he''s anything like the other men here, he''ll want to wait a bit to make sure that the proposal is either a)perfect or b)a surprise. Except for our FedEx proposal
2.gif
, I don''t think anybody here has gotten their ring right away.

Don''t worry about it too much! Come here to vent and relax with knowing that YOU, at least, already have the ring bought and paid for!!
1.gif
...Can''t be TOO much longer now, huh??
31.gif

htupper

Rough_Rock
Thanks Goldengirl! It was so cathartic to even get that all written out even if no one even read it. But it is nice to know that someone has.
2.gif
I love how supportive you all are. I can tell I am going to be a very active particpant already. Thanks again!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about the lack of response... it''s Saturday and we''re usually MUCH slower on the weekends.
1.gif
Come Monday, it will all pick back up!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
"What is driving me most crazy about all this is the fact that it''s driving me crazy! Does this make sense? I can''t stop wondering when it will happen, how it will happen, etc. and not knowing is really stressing me out. I dont'' know how much longer i can wait!?! I have never been the type to obsess about this type of thing (jewelry, weddings, etc). Who am I? "

B-girl, WELCOME!!!!!! You are in good company here among those of us FLIW who are driven crazy by being driven crazy!!! I think we all know how you feel, and though I know you''re frustrated and freaked about being IN THE HOUSE with the ring and it not being on your hot little hand, I hope you will enjoy your stay here on the list.....we feel your pain!! One of our esteemed ladies, Erin, has been living in the house WITH THE RING for something like 8 months?
29.gif

Like you and GG, I also wear almost no jewlery. I don''t even have pierced ears! I wear a very small bezel-set diamond drop on a little chain and that''s it unless it''s a special occasion.....and yet I am OBSESSED with getting my e-ring bling!! Anyway, welcome to our little ship o'' crazy
2.gif

GG!! Honey, I''m sorry that your dream will not become a reality. I guess that makes sense w/ the low head. I think the double claw 4-prong is going to be absolutely yummy and is going to look perfect!

DG, for a Brit, I think you know more about American football than most!

HOF, I think you take the prize for the best memory on this thread, little lady! I am so impressed with your ability to reply to everyone! I try, but I think you win
36.gif
36.gif
I get all flustered when I get ID''d too (I''m 30) b/c I''m just confused! It happened on New Year''s (on the BIG DATE that ended up being nothing
39.gif
) and I''d left my ID at home, but the waiter let it slide....he wasn''t ID-ing b/c I look 20, just b/c it was New Year''s and they were supposed to. Your bf''s reaction with the OJ sounds like my bf too--evil!!

So, I forgot to mention--at this b-day party the other night there was a newly engaged couple. (He was 34 and she was not even 26. Of course!!
3.gif
) But it was just SAD! I knew exactly what her ring was just by looking--a very pretty 1.25 RB. But honestly, I guessed on the specs and I was right. It''s just sad. But it was a beautiful cut--very sparkly. OH, and has anyone seen the diamond studs that Oprah wears? I watched her yesterday, and I swear, she must have had around 5 carats on each ear lobe--some kind of square cut and I couldn''t tell b/c I was BLINDED! Wow.

Ok. I''m going to try to pack some boxes tonight. Ta ta for now
35.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
B-girl: First and foremost... welcome to the LIW club. I could just imagine how you must feel right now... knowing that the ring is in the same house as you and you can''t even have it NOW... as Blueroses mentioned Erin (the ring is in their bedroom - Erin pls correct me if I''m wrong... I remember you said it was in the drawer/ night table next to the bed) has been waiting for 8 months (oh Erin I wish for your bf to give it to you so very soon!
1.gif
). And I once read about a girl... that an e-ring is a floor over her in her bf''s mother''s apartment. I know how crazy it gets over the e-ring... scroll back and you will see you are not the only one going coockoo...LOL... we all are... but that''s why we are all here for you to support you. As GG said already... it''s all about the perfect timing... your bf just want it to be perfect to pop the Q. I always loved jewelry (thanks to mom she always provided me with lovely pieces) but never wore them to the extend that I looked like Mr. T... I''m not the jewelry stacker... I wear a pair of pearl w/ a small diamond earings, a ring (matching to my earings & a Trinity Classic 3-gold ring with Cartier engraved in it... provided by mama) on each hand and a simple thin neclace and sometimes I even don''t wear any jewelry (just like GG & Blueroses) but if I tell you that before I met my bf, I didn''t even know that gorgeous e-rings existed here in the States... because in Asia and in Europe it''s not that big... I just feel so lucky to have met bf... obviously now I am hooked... and I would be happy with a lovely ring he will give me... as long as it''s from him (I know he has great taste... lucky me!). So to get you out of your worries... let me ask you about how your dream ring will look like. I know you might have to study for your thesis... so that will keep you busy too! You will just be fine in here... sweetie it sure will be very soon. I''m excited for you. (((hugs))

GG: I like your changes and I agree making the band a little thinner... you have great taste my dear... it will look lovely on your finger! You are so positive... yup this is a blessing in disguise!
1.gif

Blueroses: Thank you for the prize...LOL... So sorry you felt it coming on New Year''s and it didn''t (if I''m completely honest I thought I saw it coming Christmas 2003 & 2004, my birthday in June and New Years 2003 & 2004... how sad is that... for sure it will never happen on an occassion... bf said that to me already). Oh my gosh... that couple could have been my bf and I (him 34 & I 26) but obviously it isn''t so (dream on girl!)...LOL... that RB sound beautiful... was it platinum and where you able to see it closer... could you tell how the setting was... or were you just looking from afar (I could just imagine myself doing that). I have to check on Oprah''s bling bling... I guess I never paid too much attention when I watch her show. Have fun packing!

By the way tomorrow night is the Golden Globe... there will be lots of lovely pieces worn by the celebs.

Date: 1/15/2005 7:27:51 PM
Author: blueroses

DG, for a Brit, I think you know more about American football than most!
hehehe, maybe
1.gif
it was closer than I thought, 20-17 in overtime, but that is because the Steelers really made it hard for themselves! two stupid and almost crucial interceptions, a stupid fumble, and allowing a td on a punt return! but I guess my prediction was fairly accurate - a massive rushing drive, overwhelming the shattered Jets defence to win late in the game, and the Jets offense limited to one field goal in almost 5 quarters
9.gif
I will tell you one thing for certain, Edwards is regretting taking a 1 yard loss to waste those 2 seconds, after the FG attempt hits the crossbar, oooooooooooooooo! so close! haha
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
lol, can''t wait for Colts / Patriots tomorrow night!!!

gg - hmmmm, for the life of me, I don''t know what it is about the first one... but it just ain''t right!!! but don''t worry, that split-claw looks great!!! looks very elegant and distinguished! it has an understated beauty about it (I am very big on understatement
9.gif
)

oh, and does anyone know anything about hotels? or anything about Pittsburgh? or anything about hotels in Pittsburgh? lol I am booking a nice hotel room and dinner for the night when I go to meet her, but I am torn between 3!!! well, it is late now, more tomorrow!

night all!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
GG - My heart prongs are 6 prongs and Mark Morrell made a band with a lttle loop so the ering and my wedding ring fit perfectly together. At first I was concerned that it would look weird w/o my ering...but, come on, I rarely take it off. And when I do, I just turn it around. It''s a simple, platinum band. I definitely suggest a simple design if you decide to go with the heart prongs...helps keep them and the diamond the focus. They''re really tiny, unlike in pictures. I have to point them out to most people, and then they''re like "Oh, that''s so awesome!" klr

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
DG: Wow you really know a lot about football... bf is a big fan of the Patriots... everytime I try to understand the game I always seem to get confused... he took me to the opening last year... it was amazing... I couldn''t focus on the game... there was so much to see... the audience, the fans, the cheerleaders... but I had fun. Awwwwwwwwww your trip to Pittsburgh sounds so romantic. What hotels did you pic?

Heart Prongs: Your ring sounds lovely... do you have a hand pic... please share!
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
DG, I am wracking my brain trying to remember...when my bf and I drove cross-country 2.5 years ago we stayed at a big hotel in downtown pittsburgh, and we liked it. It was either the Marriott or the Hilton. I *think* it was the Marriott, but I just don''t remeber! I''ll have to ask if he can recall. In any case, we were also travelling with a dog which limited our options.....I recall that there was a nice old property that wasn''t a national chain--some old school Pitt. hotel that we really liked the look of but couldn''t do w/ the dog.

Good luck! Have you tried orbitz, travelocity, hotwire, or priceline?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
GRRRRRR! I HATE my boyfriend. I thought I was just start off with that. We were supposed to have a nice romantic evening, dinner, shopping, quality time and it went HORRIBLE. It didn''t start off that way. We had a romantic dinner, then we went shopping, and we passed a jewelery store. I DID not stop to look. I think that is what started the fight. We had an argument about how I am commitement phobic and I''m never going to be ready to marry him, or have kids for that matter. I AM NOT COMMITEMENT PHOBIC. I told him we should start by figuring out if we were still DATING. So I just stopped talking. I was so angry. How is that romantic? I haven''t seen him for about a week and this is the effort he makes to be nice?? So I bought myself a black leather coat (I needed another coat like I needed a shot in the head) but I wanted something to make me feel better. We left ech other on bad terms and I have no idead where this is headed. I don''t even know what to do anymore. I don''t know what should be my next step. It''s like I keep doing something wrong. I am losing my mind. I feel so upset, pressured and confused.

GG: It''s too bad about the six prong. That being said, I think the claw prongs are really pretty so don''t worry about it.

HoF: It''s too bad about the weekend date, you really do have an amazing memory. It''s hard to respond to everyone!

JCD: I am amazed at how fast you wedding plans are moving along. It seems that you just got engaged last week. Now you have the dress and are speeding trough the plans! And you have the reception location narrowed down. That''s what I call efficient, no nonsense. By the way, when is the date of the wedding?

Appletini: You are really lucky to live near houston and be able to work with whiteflash. I like their settings and I saw a girl on the side who is having this three sided pave ring made by them. It looks complex so I figure they handle almost everything.

B-girl: Welcome to the forum! How terrible that you are living in the house with that THING. He might be planning a really romantic proposal, and it isn''t time for you to get the ring yet. I know there was a girl who had a boyfriend who had the ring and left the ring IN PLAIN sight, and told her she wasn''t getting it until he paid it off
29.gif
29.gif
. I don''t wear a lot of jewelery either, only an eternity band given to me by my bf, but I am obsessed with a nice e-ring. I''m a long way from getting it but I still LOVE to dream about it.

Blueroses: Hugs my dear. It will soon be your turn to be showing off a beautiful ring. It always gives a you a pang when someone gets engaged. Your happy for them but wondering... when will it be me. We are here for you!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/antiquediamond.jpg

HOF - I tried to attach the picture, but it didn't want to work. Here's a link above to a hand picture...we need to take some better ones...this is pretty far away...klr (typing away as husband -- the world biggest Pats fan -- watches playoff game after playoff game. I'm just not as psyched up for it now that Boston teams are so awesome and always win everything!!!)
36.gif

BGIRL - You need to get out of that house...now...go!!!...klr
11.gif

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
I feel like such a bad lady in waiting! I am NEVER able to get on here anymore and post. I might have a quick minute sometimes at work to skim the most recently posted things, but never enough time to post! Please don''t kick me off the list!
Work has been crazy. My coworker got married last Sat. and has been in Mexico..so I''ve basically been pulling double duty and it''s been a busy news week here. We had a plane crash, tornado, legislative session and much more.

BF and I haven''t looked anymore. I am so tired of wanting it so badly.
Hopefully we will be able to look some more next week. We had such good luck at the last place we went...I''m sure that will be the place..!

Hope everyone else is doing well...and to all the recently engaged ladies, your rings are a-maz-ing!
36.gif

Talk soon!
Amanda

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
LADIES!

Just noticed that Leonid has responded to the thread re: our own forum!! He has agreed to give us our own space, but is waiting for input from us on the name of the forum. Any suggestions??? You can view the thread under Show me the ring..I have no idea how to post links (sorry).
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
How about the "Ladies in Waiting" thread????
That will be so much easier!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2005 8:19:57 PM
Author: heartsonfire
By the way tomorrow night is the Golden Globe... there will be lots of lovely pieces worn by the celebs.

And I might actually watch an awards show for the first time ever, just for the bling!!
30.gif

Yeah, see DG? I knew it looked off. I didn't like it either.
14.gif

Heart prongs, you may be right--it may be that they just need a simpler backdrop on which to shine. Maybe it's just that it's too busy. Hmm. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they just look plain wrong!! I'll have to save them for a special RHR.
5.gif
I'd like to see pics of this "loop" thing you talk about, if you have them?

alley, maybe he was just soooo glad to see you again he figured that meant you were right back where you left off? I know you said you had to figure out if you were still dating but maybe he only heard what he wanted to hear? Maybe you should talk to him, ask him why he got so upset that you *gasp* PASSED a jewelry store without wanting to go in.. hello, that's kinda a weird thing to get upset about and start name-calling over. Ask him what the underlying issue is?

ama, no worries, for a while there I felt like a bad LIW too cuz I was so overwhelmed by all the new posts I kinda ...skimmed. SHH!!!
12.gif

YAY for the new LIW forum!! We've earned it!!
9.gif

Date: 1/15/2005 9:17:36 PM
Author: blueroses
DG, I am wracking my brain trying to remember...when my bf and I drove cross-country 2.5 years ago we stayed at a big hotel in downtown pittsburgh, and we liked it. It was either the Marriott or the Hilton. I *think* it was the Marriott, but I just don't remeber! I'll have to ask if he can recall. In any case, we were also travelling with a dog which limited our options.....I recall that there was a nice old property that wasn't a national chain--some old school Pitt. hotel that we really liked the look of but couldn't do w/ the dog.

Good luck! Have you tried orbitz, travelocity, hotwire, or priceline?
thanks br
9.gif
I narrowed it down to the Hilton, the Marriott and the Omni William Penn.

The Hilton is opposite a park, which will be nice in the morning. they have park and city views rooms, and which will be nice all lit up etc. the Renaissance Marriott is next to the river, but the pics of the view seem to be less than spectacular. I don't think that the William Penn is in a great location for views - I could be wrong. The architecture of the Renaissance Marriott and the Omni WP is wonderful, both are grand old buildings. the Hilton does not strike me in the same way. the restaurant in the Hilton seems to be a cafe
14.gif
but I guess I could look for restaurants nearby. I don't like the look of the Marriott's restaurant either. Omni WP Terrace restaurant looks very nice
9.gif
the accomodations looks great for all three hotels. I think I am leaning to the Omni WP but maybe the Hilton, mostly for the views... the customer service I had from Omni was fantastic, I will email them again and ask about views and location, hopefully they will have pics...

I already told my gf that I will book the Omni WP, and she said that it sounds good
9.gif
but should I ask her if she would prefer the Hilton or the Marriott? or somewhere else? I want it to be perfect for her (and for me too)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
hehe. we finally got our own forum.. but i don''t know if i''m supposed to start a new thread.. or what! Anyway.. in reply to the ?s about my venue.. Turns out this had been "tentatively" booked before we ever called originally.. The woman who does the bookings though is retarded so she didn''t tell us that. However.. my father found out from some connections that he has that the woman was retarded and was told to speak directly to the president of the theatre. The president told him that these bar mitzvah people had a tentaive hold on the date. I guess they are friends of the GM or something. I don''t know if that is the only reason they were allowed to hold the date,or whatever. but.. t hey have the first hold. However.. the GM who they are friends with said he was "99% sure" that they are NOT going to end up going through with having the barmitzvah there..and that he should know at the beginning of February. So.. who knows. And if they DON''T use it.. then WE have the hold on the date. Its really annoying.. because one of my main reasons for waiitng so long to get married is so that places WOULDN''T be booked and I could have my reception where ever I wanted..

I actually talked to my father about the other venue with the "Bad" caterers.. and it turns out they are under new ownership since my sister had them cater her wedding, so he would be okay with us having it there. but when I was talking to some people about it.. I heard a lot of "Oh.. I always wanted to have my wedding there.." which makes me think that it is not as unique of a location as I would have liked. I do want to go look at it.. the picture i saw was of their giant ballroom and I''d have to use one of their smaller rooms for my little wedding. So.. We will see.. maybe I won''t even like the other rooms

GO COLTS! I heart Peyton Manning!

Oh well.. gotta go shower and work at the bra wonderland..

htupper

Rough_Rock
I could just imagine how you must feel right now... knowing that the ring is in the same house as you and you can''t even have it NOW... as Blueroses mentioned Erin (the ring is in their bedroom - Erin pls correct me if I''m wrong... I remember you said it was in the drawer/ night table next to the bed) has been waiting for 8 months (oh Erin I wish for your bf to give it to you so very soon!

(sorry, I don''t know how to quote just part of the message I''m replying to)

So where''s this Erin I''m hearing about? I need to find out how it is she stayed sane for 8 months! I too have been sleeping next to this ring which also happens to be in the drawer of the night table next to the bed! it''s crazy. did she peek or not? i still haven''t but fight the urge everyday!

thanks for all the support girls. I have been scrolling through this neverending thread and am trying to absorb all your stories, advice, rings, etc. It might take me a while to remember which story belongs with who, etc but i will get it eventually.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I''ve been checking this forum out for a couple of weeks now. I thought I should introduce myself. I''m 26 and my bf and I have been dating for 14 mos or so. He was sent to war for 6 mos and now he''s back. Now, he wants to go to grad school this fall. He wants me to move with him. I feel like I can''t move with him without a strong commitment (read: proposal) and I''ve told him this. I''m driving myself NUTS!!! with trying to figure out if he''s going to propose. (because if not, I want to move on with my career!) I think he''s planning to, but waiting is SO hard!

He said that he "would be ready in a few months." I asked him if he was unsure about something in our relationship or that maybe I wasn''t the right girl and he said no, that wasn''t it. He said he doesn''t know where he''s going to school in the fall and has to figure out a way to "provide for me" -- very sweet. And it''s not like he would want to take me shopping because he wants it to be 110% a surprise (that in itself is nerve-wracking!), so I have no idea! The thing is, I REALLY want to find a new job and I feel like I can''t until I know what''s going on with us and possibly moving. I''m just frustrated!!! And he''s not really giving me any clues -- just that he really wants me to move with him and talks like I will be. I feel like I can''t really talk to him about these things totally because I have to the point where if I talk anymore I''ll be the annoying gf.
40.gif

The thing is, I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him and he''s said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I just wish boys talked about things like girls do!!! You know what I mean?!?!? I mean, it''s very often they have a plan of action and just don''t feel the need to talk about it. Whereas we girls have a plan of action, discuss it and everyone knows what''s going on and we''re all happy! What''s wrong with these boys?!?!
9.gif
I just want him to say, you know, I''m planning on proposing May 13th at 1 pm in my living room -- Save the Date!
2.gif

Well, thanks for listening and letting me vent! Sometimes it''s just hard being a girl in this whole situation!!

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Ally: awwwwwwwwwww, sorry the date didn''t end up in good terms. I guess he just ment it well with you... I don''t think he ment to upset you to look at some bling. You know men sometimes tend to have a really bad timing and I think he hit the jackpot. As GG said he just thought you were right back where you left off. Please talk about this with him... and remember to keep your cool... you both are just sensitive at the moment... take it slowly. (((big hugs))) sweetie... by the way who cares if you didn''t need a new leather jacket... as long it made you feel better... and you feel pretty wearing it.

Heart Prongs: Thank you for the link... it looks lovely on your hand... if you have a chance, please try take a close up pic so I can see the tiny precisous little heart prongs.

Amaleekel: Don''t feel bad... your busy... all the best at work... and have fun ring hunting with bf.

Lovey: Yeah... we have our own forum... we diserve it! I agree with Amaleekel... we should just name it "Ladies in Waiting"... or
"I can''t wait".
3.gif

GG: I don''t think I will be able to watch it tonight
8.gif
... bf and I are going out for dinner and then watch a movie together.
1.gif

DG: Great choices... go with what you think is best... I think the Omni is great too (if customer service was great over the phone they will treat you very well in person too)... maybe you should ask your gf which she prefers. But if you like the view of the Hilton but not the restaurant... maybe your gf knows a great restaurant you both can dine instead. Good luck!

Melissa: Yup it''s all about who you know in that business... connections connections connections... but I''m sure the perfect place will pop up for you... keeping my fingers cross.

B-girl: Erin mingles in here too... she will be back during the week... you will get used to who is who... I''m still learning too.
2.gif

Wcitygirl: Welcome to LIW! I feel your stress... I was in a similar situation... well I left Boston and moved to London... we knew we wanted to be together... after 10 months I left my work in good terms to be with him... now I''m still waiting... OK it''s hard coz I can''t do anything (I can''t work coz I''m European citizen) but everyday when I see him I feel so lucky and happy that I am with him. I was not happy in London (I didn''t have family or friends there) but if the circumstance would have been different, I think I would have waited for bf to pop the Q. And the reason why I moved with him is because we wanted to know if we both can live together in the future... and we can. At least you can see each other... hold on to your current job and wait until he proposes... then move in with him... and then you look for your new job. I know it will be hard but at least you are secured. Talk to bf and ask him what the plans are because you have to start planning your future (career) too... plus if you have to look for a new job you need to give them your notice. I think your bf is taking it very seriously and is not just jumping into it, because he says he wants to figure out a way to provide for you. Give him a little more time... to make it perfect. (((big hugs))) it just a matter of time. By the way you made me laugh with your "save the date"... we wish!!!
9.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
It''s so sweet... the folder is called "Are We There Yet?"
36.gif

Home >> Proposals, Weddings and More >> Are We There Yet? >> Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
YEAAAAAAAH LADIES!!!! Our very own forum, woot woot!!!
9.gif

So now what do we do? Now that we have a whole forum to spread out over? Shall I start a thread just for the list, and people can request to be added/let us know of their proposals on that thread, and then we start other threads if we actually wanna talk about stuff? Or what?
1.gif

wcitygirl, added you to the list--I feel your pain, I feel like a nag too, even if I'm NOT really nagging. I mean, even if I'm just mentioning OTHER people's engagements, I feel like my mentioning it I'm pressuring him to do the same. Which is stupid!!!...but nonetheless how I feel. :) ((hugs)) you'll fit right in here!!

Everybody HERE is the Official List Thread!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results