shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD -- your gown is beautiful, I think I saw the front in the brides area. Maggie Sottero has some dresses I really like. You also sound like me, by bf knows he needs to shave before he kisses me! If he wants to do any facial hair experimenting, he has enough time on his own since we''re currently doing long distance so I told him as long as he''s clean shaven when he sees me that''s all that matters! My face is just too sensitive to that.

Twinkletoes -- yay for a trip to Italy! I studied there and fell IN LOVE with it. Like a really sappy sometimes-I-cry-when-I-think-about-how-much-fun-I-had-there in love with Italy. My bf and I are tentatively planning a trip for next January, it will ultimately depend on the performance of the dollar. And January because I don''t want crowds and, hello, January sales
3.gif
The weather will be gorgeous in May - I am beyond jealous!!!! Its so romantic there. And the food...YUM. I could go on for hours, but I''ll shut up now!

I''ll also have to chime in that I never watch too much baseball, but the bit I did during the playoffs & world series was basically only to 1. see Johnny Damon and 2. make fun of my bf that the red sox won (he''s a manhattan-bred, die hard yankees fan)

Is there any way we could go about getting our own forum? There are so many of us and it grows so quickly I think it would make sense. Esp since we could totally keep things seperate like pictures and other info so we dont have to dig through hundreds of posts to find what we''re looking for.

Ps. We''re one good looking group
2.gif
I love seeing the pics

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
And this one (please excuse the monstrously long fingernails... ewww!! I''m going to get a manicure tomorrow... my nails grow really fast, it''s weird...).

teebeesring3.JPG

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
teebee it''s BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee --
9.gif
Its so beautiful!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 10:49:53 PM
Author: Blue824

Twinkletoes -- yay for a trip to Italy! I studied there and fell IN LOVE with it. Like a really sappy sometimes-I-cry-when-I-think-about-how-much-fun-I-had-there in love with Italy. My bf and I are tentatively planning a trip for next January, it will ultimately depend on the performance of the dollar. And January because I don't want crowds and, hello, January sales
3.gif
The weather will be gorgeous in May - I am beyond jealous!!!! Its so romantic there. And the food...YUM. I could go on for hours, but I'll shut up now!
I'm excited too! Two nights ago I was already planning what to pack - that's how excited I am!! My bf lived there for about a year and a half when he was in architecture school and loved it as well. He goes ON and ON about the fabulous food and told me to lose weight now cause we'll be gaining about 20 on our trip! LOL My mom went last year and loved it as well. How grande the architecture, how beautiful and how great the shopping is! And am I the only person who feels the need to shop prior to a vacation? Now I feel like I need a new shoulder bag to go to Italy - how sick is that? All of mine are top handled hand bags that I know I'll get sick of carrying.

ETA: teebee!!! it's gorgeous!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh teebee that is one gorgeous freaking ring! droooooooooooool. so much sparkle. LOVE LOVE LOVE the band. ANd that stone is just sooo amazing..

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
OMG BLUE!! IN THAT SITUATION I DO AS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME TO DO: I TELL THE CLERK TO IMMEDIATLY CALL THEIR MANAGER AND TAKE CARE OF THE SITUATION RIGHT THEN AND THERE. IT REALLY TEACHES THEM A LESSON WHEN THEY HAVE TO CALL THEIR MANAGER THEMSELVES AND STAND THERE WHILE YOU TALK TO THEM. IT REALLY DOES THE TRICK!!
DIAMONDGEEZER: SOUNDS LIKE YOUR ANGEL HAS SOME OF MY ISSUES. WE''RE LIKE ABUSED PUPPIES THAT DON''T KNOW HOW TO BE PETTED. BTW, THANKS FOR EXPLAINING THE JUMPER=PULLOVER. I WAS READING A BOOK SET IN LONDON AND DUBLIN AND IT MENTIONED A MAN LOOKING GOOD IN HIS JUMPER AND I WAS MORTIFIED!!!!!
32.gif
I HAD NO IDEA. ANYWAY,GLAD THINGS ARE WORKING OUT FOR YOU. DO LIKE MY FH AND HANG IN THERE.
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Twinkletoes -- What city(ies) will you be going to? Can you squeeze me into your luggage? I studied art history in Rome and traveled quite a bit. You should totally just wait to buy a bag there. Even if you don''t go high end like gucci they have so many pretty ones, and the leather is so nice. Although, I''d probably go for buying a new one before my trip and then multiple ones there...I''m a purse whore. I actually lost about 15 pounds while I was there, granted, I''ve pretty much gained it back since...I wouldnt worry too much, sometimes I ate pasta 3x a day! Its a good balance between portions and lots of walking. And even if you do, every bite is totally worth it! I would offer recommendations, but it looks like you''re in good hands with your bf!! It would be the perfect place for a proposal.......???

Bling -- I probably should''ve asked for a manager, if I was by myself I would''ve given the lady hell. My letter is written and will be in the mail tomorrow morning! Not that I have any expectations at all, but one time my dad wrote a letter about horrible service on these really expensive custom couches we had made and they upgraded the leather, gave them to us for free, had a flower arrangement delivered to our house that my mom''s floral designer friend estimated the cost at $300, paid for my parents dinner out at a restaurant of their choice where they had champagne and 4 dozen roses waiting for them at the table. That was an extreme case, I''ll just be happy with an acknowledgement of how I was treated. Thanks to everyone for listening to my rant
1.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hey twinkletoes

Theres a guy in the ''proposal stories'' forum talking about proposing to his girlfriend in Italy next year! Wouldn''t it be funny if he was your bf?
9.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
OK Ladies, I simply can''t keep up. Work''s been REALLY crazy. I''m afraid I''ll have to be a "weekend warrior" LIW!!!!!

I really hope to be able to get back in and respond to everything over the weekend. But for now, I''ll post a couple of quick pics, comment on how cute all of your pics have been, let Teebee know how fabulous and perfect I think her ring looks, and second, third, foruth, fifth, and sixth how insanely unacceptable what was said to Blue in Bloomingdales was! I''ve never heard anything like that in my life. That''s just a really bitter, burnt out sales person with NO brain/mouth filter. Unbelievable!!!!

I can''t find a decent digital pic of my bf and I together, sorry! These are from our recent vacation to Kauai, for my 25th birthday...

kauaikt.JPG

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the boyf...

IMG_1846.JPG

Author: BLINGQUEEN

DIAMONDGEEZER: SOUNDS LIKE YOUR ANGEL HAS SOME OF MY ISSUES. WE''RE LIKE ABUSED PUPPIES THAT DON''T KNOW HOW TO BE PETTED. BTW, THANKS FOR EXPLAINING THE JUMPER=PULLOVER. I WAS READING A BOOK SET IN LONDON AND DUBLIN AND IT MENTIONED A MAN LOOKING GOOD IN HIS JUMPER AND I WAS MORTIFIED!!!!!
32.gif
I HAD NO IDEA. ANYWAY,GLAD THINGS ARE WORKING OUT FOR YOU. DO LIKE MY FH AND HANG IN THERE.
1.gif
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the ''somewhat-less-than-charming'' analogy aside, (lol), thank you! she is so precious, I love her with all my heart don''t worry, I''m never letting go of her

teebee - wow! I love your engagement bling! I think right now I am tipping towards a prong set ring! but I don''t know... all the ladies have such gorgeous rings, I am so confused! need more pics
36.gif
more pics
36.gif
more pics!!!
36.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Awwwwwwwww.. lovely couples and gorgeous pictures... this is truly FLIW... thank you for sharing. This thread has been moving so fast... last time I was on was 3 days ago... from page 10 we are now on page 20. Unbelievable!

Shay... sorry I missread the post... oops!

Teebee... Congratulations to you and your fiancé! What a beautiful ring... love the arrows!!!

DG... I''m happy that all is well with you and your lady!

JC... love the wedding dress! You look fabulous as a bride.

I’ve got some updates... two days ago my bf and I made up... he told me that he had been going online to check the travel situation to the Philippines... and that he was wrong and that he made a big mistake thinking that it was not safe to travel to my home country. He also asked me what would make me happy... if I go home wearing the e-ring (ohhhh my so it will be soon... 1 ½ - 2 months waiting for me... yipiyeeeeeeeeeh) or if he comes to visit me while I’m there to visit my family in March. I honestly told him that I would love both. He looked at me and said: “If that would make you happy, I will do that... you know that I love you so much and that I cannot see you sad.... all I want is to be with you and make you happy forever. You mean everything to me.” I was so touched, happy and surprised the way he answered (my tears were just running down my face). He is planning to call home to my parents to reassure them that all is well with us and that they don’t have to worry about me because we are together and that he will take care of me... he also wants to tell them that he is planning to visit while I’m home (remember my parents got offended that he didn’t want to visit the place where I was born and raised). Sometimes it’s good to have a fight... it helps us communicate and understand each other a little better... By the way the black mail issue... he just said that out of rage... he didn''t mean it... I forgave him!
1.gif
everything will be fine...

Ladies and gent, thank you so much for all your support. I did use a lot of your input. A huge hug to all of you. Honestly I even made him read the thread... afterwards he told me that he was moved ... awwww I love it... when our men are not all that macho. (he admitted that he got scared of some people who got mad at him LOL... he thought some hate him... I said no that''s not true... they just said their opinion)

Bf took me to 3 jewelry stores on his day off... first we went to Shreve Crump & Low... we looked at some antique style e-rings... the next was Longs Jeweler... didn’t really look at loose diamonds or e-rings (because the person he deals with was not there)... only pink stones (love pink) pink sapphire and pink tourmaline... there was a lovely ring with a micro diamond setting around a pink sapphire with micro diamond half way the band... it was stunning... bf loved it too (he really doesn’t like the diamond surrounded by tiny diamonds... he says for him it takes the attention of the diamond itself... but I still like the look). I told him well then since he likes this ring I wouldn’t mind having it as a promise ring... LOL... no it was too much for a promise ring... but honestly I would love it as a e-ring too (it was different - so gorgeous and it looked huge on my finger)... but bf is traditional he will go with a diamond... later on he mentioned maybe I could have one as a RHR one day. An anniv-ring for example... WOW... I wish I wish... LOL...
The last store we went to was BB&B we wanted to look at the Endless Love Ritani set again but unfortunately they didn’t have it... so we ended up looking at loose diamonds... by H&A Lazar Kaplan... stunning... it was the first time bf saw arrows... I even saw them without the lope... he didn’t know what I was talking about until the sales man showed him how to see the arrows... by the way I learned that in here at PS (I’m so proud)... I even started to talk to the sales people about the four C’s and specs etc... bf was impressed.... tomorrow we will visit Longs again... yeah I’m so excited! By the way all sales reps where so friendly to us... I was glad no one was like the snot at Tiffany''s.

By the way bf and I bumped into Johnny Damon and his fiance two nights after they won against the Yankees... in the park (Boston Common) on our way to watch a movie. Bf noticed them first... as they passed us... I turned around and congratulated him... he turned around and said thank you with a smile... bf was iimpressed how down to earth he was (I was too).

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
my bf and I

me and my beau.jpg

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
oh my that came out way too big... sorry...

me and my beau 2.jpg

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Diamondgeezer: Take no offense to my analogy please. No one has ever considered me charming
face13.gif
!!!! much to my mothers dismay.
Heartsonfire: I''m ssssooooooo happy ya''ll straightened things out. People often say hurtful things out of anger and it''s good that you can forgive and move on.Maybe he realized that having your mother upset with him was way more dangerous than any terrorist
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

hearts - ty, I am glad you sorted everything out too. seems like a really nice guy and you guys look great together

bling - lol, don''t worry, I was only kidding
9.gif

well, I have finish my essay by 2pm today... it is nearly 10 and I am procrastinating... AGAIN! lol, I must go finish it!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 7:33:47 PM
Author: JCJD
Erin - You and your bf are so cute!!! Can I ask, where did you get your dress and what was the cost (PM me if you prefer)? It''s exactly the style my sister''s looking for for the MOH dress! The square neckline halter just looks so amazing on her! Scoopneck and V-neck just don''t suffice... weird...

allycat - I forgot, my veil is a single layer, organza to match my gown''s overlay, with silver edging. Very simple, it now goes down to about the end of the longest bow end (ballet length I think), but I think I''ll shorten it so it''s a fingertip length instead. I''ll have my hair half-up, with the veil attaching about at my crown.
All us bridesmaids were from different states so we shopped together online. We decided on http://www.bestbridesmaid.com/cache/shop_product_jsp_ID_25.html

Their chart sizes were accurate and they came extra long - I''m 5''9 and always afraid they will come too short - but I had about 2" taken off. The service was pleasant and overall a good experience. My size and color was not in stock but it stil only took about 3 weeks. After shipping only about $110. Thanks for the compliment. I can''t wait to post a pic of what we really look like. Since then the bf shaves his head bald everyday and my hair is a dark brown Halle Berry cut - kinda spikey - lol.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
teebee: I love your ring!!! Gorgeous!!!

HOF: I''m so glad that things are better now and he sounds so sweet!!! Also I love the pics of y''all...such an attractive couple!!

And everyone else''s pics look great too!

8 days until my man comes home!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh ~ all of these pictures are just so great!!!

HOF~ you are stunning!!! And your man is so handsome!! I''m so glad you guys were able to talk openly and that he reevaluated his earlier position ~ that''s a real man that can do that and not just get stubborn & defensive on an issue. I agree, sometimes having an argument can be very productive in a relationship. Sometimes, my bf, um I mean fiance, and I have to argue about something for him to really take the time to listen and understand what I''m saying ~ otherwise he thinks its just nagging or PMS or something...
28.gif
Anyhow, he sounds super and I''m so excited for you, getting some of the security & feedback you were needing & now you know you will be getting the ring very soon!!! Have you decided if you''re going to go there wearing the ring or have him propose later when he''s there? I haven''t told my family about mine yet because we are supposed to get together with them at the end of the month for my belated birtday dinner so I thought it would be fun to wear it and not tell them & let it be a surprise when they notice it. So excited for you!!!

Jennwill ~ I forgot to respond to one of your earlier posts, sorry!! Yep, I am from Tulsa (mostly, but I lived in Houston for my first 10 years or so), but I live in OKC now!! Yep, summers can be miserable... Strangely enough though last summer was probably the mildest I have ever experienced, it was almost spooky it was so mild. Never hit 100, and we usually get above 100 at least 5-10 times I''d say. I LOVE Harolds. I go nutty every year when they have their outdoor/tent sale, its great. I always had to wait for those sales because I worked at Express for 7 years so I had a hard time shopping actual retail when I could get 40% of where I worked...

OH, and before I forget... SKIN... Ya know, I''ve never been really diligent about taking care of my skin. I usually use products for oily skin ~ like stuff geared more towards teenagers/young adults. My skin is kinda oily & I get break outs here and there or whatever, but I guess I''ve just been pretty fortunate and most of the time people guess me to be between 23 and 26 & I still get asked for ID so that''s cool... but... since I just turned 31 I started thinking that it''s probably time to reevaluate the skincare regimen, be more faithful to my face, and start using products geared towards preventing damage & wrinkles... So, I do... and last week, right as I''m turning 31, I get more zits on my face than I can count!!!
29.gif
What is up with that??? I don''t know if maybe it was just stress, or hormones, or what, but very frustrating... Anyhow, I''ve since gone back to my Salycilic acid products and it seems to be getting better... Maybe my skin isn''t ready to be in its 30''s???

Oh, it''s later than I thought ~ got to go to class!!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Heartsonfire -- I''m SO happy that you and your bf talked things over and that he so sincerely "came around" to the idea of visiting your home! Sounds like he just needed some reassurance that it was safe -- and also to know that he needs to express his feelings better to you! He sounds really sweet -- and I LOVE that you went e-ring shopping together! Sounds like you are going to have BLING very soon!!! He has definitely moved to my "A" list! lol!! and he''s SO cute too!!! and you are so beautiful (just like all of the other girls! WOW!)

Boy there is just too much to keep up with! Teebee -- your ring is gorgeous -- I just LOVE it!! and JC -- your dress is fabulous!!! I''m going to search the other threads for additional pics!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee - Your ring is amazing!!! That center stone looks like a show stopper! I know its really hard to capture all the sparkle and fire it has in pictures, but i can picture it in my head!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations again!!! Did your FIANCE (!!!) actually ask you to marry him/be his wife or just did the hey, this came in the mail, you want to wear it?

Everyone is TOO CUTE!!! Twinkle, my FI is the same, that he doesnt like his picture posted all over the place. His no fun!
3.gif

Melissa - The dress i tried on was a brand new one the store had just gotten in and i cant find a picture of it any where so i am assuming it is Spring ''05 and they havent updated the website. Its like JCJDs Mileta, except the overlay is scalloped and has detail (lace and beads and such) around the edges. My mom wrote down the style number, there wasnt a name. Ive looked at house of brides, and while they cant discount the dress much, they give you a credit towards your veil, shoes, BM dresses, whatever to equal the amount you would have saved on the dress. So you still get the big discount, its just not on the dress, its on other items. Im just a little sketch on the whole internet thing. We''ll see, ive only gone dress shopping once, doing more this weekend.

Croi - are the butterflies in your stomach driving you nuts yet??? This could be the weekend!!!
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
morning ladies !

okay, so now I''m seeing HoF is in Beantown too ??! I vote those of us within driving distance arrange to meet up in person one evening. It would be so fun to have some of these crazy conversations in person - and meeting other ''e-crazies'' would no doubt make me feel less like I could be certifiable ! heehhe. the greatest gift I have received from PS and you all is to know I''m not a total nut and am actually pretty normal when viewed within the parameters of an "About to be Proposed to Personage" !!
19.gif

all of you are sooooo darned pretty - wow !

I said it to himself last night about a pic and like (drat, don''t know which one of you) he was really not on for it at all (as I knew would be the case). I will try to dig up one of moi over the weekend.

teebee the ring is AMAZING ! stunning - really, really fabulous. congrats - wear it well !

now, a final question - Italy

My honey is Italian-American and (to me at least) very Italian in a lot of ways (great cook, great well, um, other things ....
31.gif
) hehheeh. okay, FOCUS !
right, well, he''s never actually been to Italy and I thought we might steal a few days there as a honeymoon after the wedding (right after, while still in Ireland and therefore Europe) but it would literally be three of four days and I wouldn''t want to go and just get stuck in tourist hell. Friends of mine went to Venice for their honeymoon last year and found the people really unhelpful and snooty towards them. They said the place was beautiful but the people just put them off, made a happy time frustrating and kinda rained on their parade.

So, throwing this out there to those of you who have been etc. any suggestions ??

THIS DAY NEXT WEEK I''LL BE HAVING BREAKFAST IN MY MOTHER''S KITCHEN

yahhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee

*tiggerbounce*

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
NJC- Bridesave.com and Zinniabridal.com have pictures of the new collection of maggies online!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
We seriously need our own thread to keep this organized! I can''t keep up with all the posts today, but I did want to mention:

I think I picked my setting! I didn''t mean to, but BF and I went shopping last night, and I saw one that just was amazing. It''s a Kirk Kara, which is very similar to Tacori in its antique filigree styling. I cannot find a pic of it anywhere online to share with you all. It looks kind of like the one here, but is more elaborate. The shank has 8 little diamonds set inside an open space, although I don''t know what it''s called - not channel, because they are completely encased in a filigree that you see through from the side. The top of the shank is pave. The solitaire setting is a crown shape with tiny vertical baguettes going around the base. The shank is also hand engraved. It''s incredibly detailed. I looked at several Tacori settings that I liked too, including a "queens head", which of course I can''t find a picture of either. It is basically a modified 6 prong knife edge band with a miniature crown raising the solitaire a bit (with varying amounts of diamonds in the crown). If I were to get a plainer setting, I''d like that for a bit of character.

I''m going to go back to the store today to take another look at the Kirk Kara setting, and then if it''s still as great as it seems, BF is going to pick it up later today. We''re still looking at diamonds. The jeweler was saying that a fantastically cut J color diamond can look great, especially with fluorescence. I realize fluorescence can improve things but J seems a bit much? I''d be very hesitant to purchase that online anyway.

Incidentally - FYI all of the jewelry B&M stores in my area are having HUGE sales right now - 40-60% off, through the end of Jan. I compared the prices they quoted me with other online stores and they are definitely great prices. Apparently whatever stock they have left at the end of Jan they have to pay taxes on. I don''t know if it''s just a massachusetts thing though.

Have a great day everyone.
1.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
rfath: Healing vibes flying your fiance''s grandmother''s way. Hugs to you and his family!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Teebee! GORGEOUS! Congratulations! I love it.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
mga4601m.jpg

Is it this one? There is a pic of it without the weird wrappy thing on the shoulders too.. This one is called Noelle
There are tons more on bridesave that are kind of close to this one too!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ooh. I bet its this one (minus the red, I''m guesiing?)
mga487m.jpg

I looove this one. Its called Kate

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Blue chica: congrats on the ring shopping!!!

I didn''t tell my man that I was posting a pic, b/c I know he would have objected...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results