shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT L is for so in LOVE with my

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mom2boys. It's funny, because Adam said I should take my time with deciding on what setting I wanted and I said I wanted something that let the diamond be the star and something that was true to the diamond's personality. And he took this setting out and I knew it was the one (at least for now). So while there is a remote possibility I might reset I don't think so. I really love the setting and thinks if is a perfect match for the stone. A match made in bling heaven.
I think I can wear a wedding band next to it but I don't have any antiquey bands so that will be another (small) project. However I love the original WB my dh gave me on our wedding day and might wear that for now. At least on the other hand if it doesn't look right with the ring on the same finger.

Question- if I wear the WB and ER on different hands which goes on the left hand?

Thank you nielseel! It might just be my perfect size diamond. But if the dreaded DSS sets in and Adam can find me just as gorgeous an OEC in a larger size I might upgrade in the future...though at this minute I don't ever want to trade her in. I really love her!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waaahhhhhhh!! That is one of the most gorgeous stones I've ever seen! I love the faceting. I can't believe it's an L! I love the sweet engraving in the shank....how lovely! Good job Missy ( and Mr. Missy)!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning!

You and I have similar stories-in June of last year I went to see the same cushion that you originally went to visit, and I too fell in love with a large OEC that Adam tempted me with so I traded in my 2.7 RB- he also found me a beautiful antique setting for her! I think as a previous RB owner the OECs are just perfect for us-we love the chunky facets of a cushion but the round shape is still more pleasing to our eye-and the antique 8 prong antique setting just seals the deal! And I know what you mean about Adam he is a great person to work with!

Congratulations on finding your dream stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1359682309|3369191 said:
I think you definitely made the right choice! The cushion was pretty but THIS is spectacular!!! Congrats, missy, so happy for you that you have such a special ring!

Thank you Laila! That's how I felt. The cushion is beautiful but the OEC called out to me to take her home. And as you know, when someone (kitties) or something calls, I just cannot say no. :cheeky:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Excuse my while I pick my chin up off the keyboard. Seriously WOW is the only word I can think of. More pictures please! :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
That's all for now kids! I am all pictured out. I am hoping I can get some better pics tomorrow during the daylight. Thanks for looking!
YT, I have to tell you, do not be upset about the box. It isn't special. The ring, now that's special. The box, nah. So do not worry- you didn't miss out on anything, I promise!
That is true missy! And your ring is special! My diamond wants to be your diamond when it grows up! Oh the perfect faceting!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1359682842|3369201 said:
Waaahhhhhhh!! That is one of the most gorgeous stones I've ever seen! I love the faceting. I can't believe it's an L! I love the sweet engraving in the shank....how lovely! Good job Missy ( and Mr. Missy)!!

Thank you so much Yenny! I know, I still cannot believe I hesitated because it was an "L". I don't know why I was so afraid of diamonds over G color. Though Adam did say color in modern cuts is a whole different animal than color in old cuts. I totally see what he means now! And my dh really is amazing because he said he just wants whatever diamond will make me happy. He also said he has no delusions about me upgrading or resetting again but truthfully, at this minute, I am 100% satiated. I never thought I'd get there but I'm there. And if feels good!

Kasey3 said:
Your ring is stunning!

You and I have similar stories-in June of last year I went to see the same cushion that you originally went to visit, and I too fell in love with a large OEC that Adam tempted me with so I traded in my 2.7 RB- he also found me a beautiful antique setting for her! I think as a previous RB owner the OECs are just perfect for us-we love the chunky facets of a cushion but the round shape is still more pleasing to our eye-and the antique 8 prong antique setting just seals the deal! And I know what you mean about Adam he is a great person to work with!

Oh Kasey-we really do have similar stories! I love that! I have to go search for your thread now to see your gorgeous ring!! And I think you are right. While chunky cushions are TDF the round shape with all its spectacular facets are our holy grail. OEC heaven! For me, no comparison to the modern round brilliant. For me. Because MRB's are beautiful in a different way.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness she is beyond beautiful!!! Is that a stock setting Adam carries or a vintage setting? Bea looks perfect in there!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistra|1359683125|3369208 said:
WOW! Excuse my while I pick my chin up off the keyboard. Seriously WOW is the only word I can think of. More pictures please! :love:

LOL, thank you Alistra! I will post more pics tomorrow during the day. It was so dark when we got home tonight after picking up my ring but I just had to share some pics with my supportive PSers. I couldn't let the night pass without starting this thread. I am seriously needing a real camera though. Any inexpensive recommendations are welcome for sure. It would be nice to get some pictures from a camera vs a phone for once.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1359683315|3369211 said:
Oh my goodness she is beyond beautiful!!! Is that a stock setting Adam carries or a vintage setting? Bea looks perfect in there!! :love:

Thank you ForteKitty! It's not a setting he carries (at least not at the moment). It's just a setting he had waiting to be refurbished I believe. I don't remember where he said (or if he said) where he got it. He said it could be an antique setting but he couldn't swear to it. But it was fate because it was there at the right time. He wanted me to think about a setting and do some research but when I told him what I wanted and he just had it there, well, it was perfect.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359683179|3369209 said:
missy said:
That's all for now kids! I am all pictured out. I am hoping I can get some better pics tomorrow during the daylight. Thanks for looking!
YT, I have to tell you, do not be upset about the box. It isn't special. The ring, now that's special. The box, nah. So do not worry- you didn't miss out on anything, I promise!
That is true missy! And your ring is special! My diamond wants to be your diamond when it grows up! Oh the perfect faceting!!!!

LOL YT- you are the best. Thank you again.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely breathtaking! :love: :love: :love: The facets look perfect, and the color is so pretty. Looks perfect on you Missy :)) So thoughtful of Adam to engrave Bea inside for you,really lovely idea. Congratulations!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
missy|1359683233|3369210 said:
yennyfire|1359682842|3369201 said:

Thank you so much Yenny! I know, I still cannot believe I hesitated because it was an "L". I don't know why I was so afraid of diamonds over G color. Though Adam did say color in modern cuts is a whole different animal than color in old cuts. I totally see what he means now! And my dh really is amazing because he said he just wants whatever diamond will make me happy. He also said he has no delusions about me upgrading or resetting again but truthfully, at this minute, I am 100% satiated. I never thought I'd get there but I'm there. And if feels good!

Kasey3 said:
Your ring is stunning!

Oh Kasey-we really do have similar stories! I love that! I have to go search for your thread now to see your gorgeous ring!! And I think you are right. While chunky cushions are TDF the round shape with all its spectacular facets are our holy grail. OEC heaven! For me, no comparison to the modern round brilliant. For me. Because MRB's are beautiful in a different way.

I agree! I stll love a RB, but a beautiful OEC will win everytime! I am sorry to tell you that I never made a thread...I am a bad PSer! I promise to soon! My ring is a litlle sis to yours. Its a 3.7K, and the setting is almost identical to yours, but it has engraving on the inner shank and instead of hearts it has open circles. Don't you just love the open bottom? I can keep my ring so sparkling clean!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1359683392|3369213 said:
I am seriously needing a real camera though. Any inexpensive recommendations are welcome for sure. It would be nice to get some pictures from a camera vs a phone for once.

Just coming back to admire the pics again. Your stone is what I aspire to upgrade to in about 10 years! :love:

I use one of the Canon Powershot SD series cameras and love it. It's so easy to take macro pics with it, and they're pretty inexpensive.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, congrats on your new stone! It looks lovely and it's nice to hear how happy you are with it!

Can't wait for some outdoor, sunny handshots! Just beautiful!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
It's huge! So so pretty too. Congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Impossibly beautiful! Oh mymymy...... :love: :appl:

Please post more pictures tomorrow... :wavey: I'll be back!

cheers--Sharon

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely! Congrats! 456, how cool is that 8)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! You people are killing me!!! That is so beautiful, Missy, and the setting is PERFECT for it! :love: :love: :love: I am really happy for you!

I think I am getting the courage to go to 2 cts now that now seems small around here! :lol:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
TOP FIVE FAVORITE RING ON PS!!!!! OHH MMMYYY GODDD! wow. just wow. :love: :shock: :appl:

Can I ask you a question... I am just curious about your experience/process with trading in your MRB. without asking for specifics, was it a pretty fair trade? also do you feel that he is pretty receptive towards making a trade??

I just dream of having a large OEC like yours so I am extra curious about the process.

OH that is truly a STUNNING OEC. sigh....

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sunlight!!! Tonight I will do a dance for sun! So that tomorrow we can see shots of your !!!gorgeous!!!! ring in the sun!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! :love: :love: :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006, I was thinking the same thing! A nice 2-3 carat OEC isn't going to look quite the same to me after drooling over this stunner. Wowza!!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

derbygal said:
diamondseeker2006, I was thinking the same thing! A nice 2-3 carat OEC isn't going to look quite the same to me after drooling over this stunner. Wowza!!!!!
Say it sister!!! I need me an almost 5 ct OEC!!! Heck! I will take an 8 carat OEC! Just pile em on me!

This ring is making me feel like I am on PS crack!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1359690973|3369292 said:
I think I am getting the courage to go to 2 cts now that now seems small around here! :lol:

sorry to threadjack, but DS a 2ct AVR would look JUST right on your hand!! :love: plus you have to insulate in case DSS sets in... just saying.. :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
holy amazeballs missy!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: What a stunning, fabulous, ball of light!!! I don't think anyone should ever get DSS with that beauty. :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
*drooooool*
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning ring Missy, I adore it! Such a beautiful stone,and it looks huge on you! Once you make up your mind, you don't mess around lol! I'm really happy for you, enjoy this beauty!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slam dunk my girl! It looks spectacular. Love the mount. Perfect faceting as far as I am concerned.

And I agree on the color. With OECs its not even so much that they don't show color the same way that MRBs do -- maybe they do, maybe they don't -- but I just think that tint looks so much better with OECs.

But seeing that monster on your hand makes me want a bigger diamond too :lol:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Wow that faceting is lovely...she's a chunky big girl! congrats! thanks for sharing your pic's. Never can get enough of those old cuts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results