shape
carat
color
clarity

Kittybean''s Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! You look stunning and I love all of your green flowers with purple dresses!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
KITTYBEAN!!!!!!!!

Everything was GORGEOUS--most importantly, YOU. You''re crazy if you think you have skin problems; you are just perfect and beautiful (and so cute and tiny!!!)

Both dresses looked absolutely perfect on you, what a figure you have! And the purple of your bridesmaid dress was AWESOME!

I''m so glad you had such a great time--a million congrats to you and your adorable hubby!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. You are one gorgeous lady! Especially on your wedding day. I knew you would look smokin' in that gown of yours. Glad the whole gown situation worked out. LOVE the hair, love the veil. LOVE everything! Great photos kittybean (and you know I want to see more!
27.gif
) I was thinking about you on that day and wishing the weather would be ok for you but the outside shots look amazing. I know the location you took those photos at outside and I love that spot (always have!) I KNOW I've seen your reception spot before online but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. You don't have to say though, that's fine.

Congratulations to you sweetie ****HUGE HUG**** You and your husband look amazing together. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!

You will have to make another thread with honeymoon photos and story too!
31.gif
You KNOW I want to hear all about it! I've been waiting for your big day and honeymoon!
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You are a beautiful bride. I loved EVERYTHING, your dress, the flowers, your groom, the girls, the cake, wow. The attention to every detail was just magical! I LOVED IT!

36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Where was your reception held? The woodwork looked really ornate. I think one of my favorites is the crazy veil one, that is so FI and my attitude. You were gorgeous!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those pics are stunning...YOU are stunning!!! You guys looked like you had a lot of fun, too!!

Please share where you got your rehearsal dinner/reception dress...it is TOO CUTE!!!! Love it!!

I''m intrigued about the Ukrainian customs, too. My BF is Ukrainian and I''d love to incorporate some of the traditions, I think it would mean a lot to him.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Every detail of your wedding was classy, personal and gorgeous. I love both of your dresses and I am so amazed that your hair looked so good after all the wind and rain. Kudos to your hair and makeup artists, or if you did your own, kudos to YOU! :) Congratulations KB!

PS: Listening to your first dance song now, so cute!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so very much, everyone, for all of your sweet, sweet comments and compliments! It is wonderful to hear that other people found our wedding as beautiful as I envisioned and hoped it to be. I''m also so glad the sheer joy we felt that day is visible in the photos. We were so pleased with how everything turned out and came together. I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful, adorable, sweet, hilarious, darling husband!

I want to address all of your comments and questions, so I''ll probably reply in a bunch of different posts--easier to keep track that way!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 9:26:26 PM
Author: Diva0413
Gorgeous! Love it all, but especially love the clutch!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you! I have to tell you--the clutch was not thought out beforehand at all. About two or three days before, I though, "Uh oh, I probably should have some sort of fancier purse." So I dug through my purse bin and found this clutch that one of my maids of honor had given me for my birthday a few years ago. It''s from Target! I was amazed it matched so well.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 9:44:48 PM
Author: FrekeChild
You''re so tiny! And I
30.gif
your dress. OMG! (Ok, I''ll shut up too because I think I''m interrupting too!)

ETA: I LOVE the rain pics!!!!!
Thanks Freke--I''m definitely a tiny girl. It doesn''t help that my best friends and DH are all so tall, too! I liked that the dress helped me to look more "womanly" than usual and not like a child bride/flower girl. (DH liked it too
2.gif
.)

I''m glad the rain pics turned out okay. We had a good time taking them, although I was pretty stressed about the dress getting muddy. Thanks for your sweet comments--and your interruptions are always welcome
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:06:21 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
You look like a starlet! And ditto Freke, you''re so tiny! Congrats!
MakingTheGrade, you absolutely made my day
36.gif
36.gif
! That is exactly the look I was going for!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:19:39 PM
Author: cocolaw
its all so gorgeous!! i think your dress is one of the prettiest i have seen-it is so simple, and the way it drapes is stunning!
Thank you! I originally thought I wanted an ornate, lacy dress (just not poufy), but when I tried this on, I realized that simple was much better for me. In the end, I got to wear both since my short dress was crochet lace
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:38:03 PM
Author: allycat0303
Kittybean,

I was feeling kind of down and when I saw your thread, I squirmed in excitement. I LOVE your pictures! And you are so beautiful! I''m so glad to see your face, and you are exactly as I pictured. Congrats to both of you!
Ally, thank you so much. I''m sorry you were feeling down, but I am really happy that my pictures could cheer you up. That was so nice to hear. How funny that I turned out as pictured for you--I am always so off whenever I picture someone in my head! Thanks for your well-wishes!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:51:08 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Beautiful, date twin! Can''t wait to see the rest...in the meantime congrats and best wishes!
Thanks, date twin! I am really excited to see your pictures (hint, hint
2.gif
). I hope you had a wonderful wedding day!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:51:31 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Wow you looked gorgeous Kittybean! congrats on your marriage
36.gif
oh and i lurve your flowers, they''re gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you so much, Blackpaw! Orchid are my number one favorites--I have always loved them, and I was so happy I could use them for my wedding flowers. Are orchids your favorites, too?

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous wedding, kittybean! You look so beautiful and so happy!!
9.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, what a splendidly beautiful wedding! You looked so radiant and glamorous! And I''m loving all the orchids!!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding day looks amazing in the pics. You look so pretty and happy with your now DH. I especially love the pic of you two and your veil around his face. Very cute. Congratulations!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty who did you go through for your cake? I was just looking through your pics again (cause I can''t take my eyes off of them
2.gif
) and your cake looks BEAUTIFUL and the flavors sound amazingly mouth watering!! FI and I are starting our cake baker hunt and if you were happy with your baker I would love to see what they could do for my wedding...

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 3:54:29 PM
Author: ams0124
Kitty who did you go through for your cake? I was just looking through your pics again (cause I can''t take my eyes off of them
2.gif
) and your cake looks BEAUTIFUL and the flavors sound amazingly mouth watering!! FI and I are starting our cake baker hunt and if you were happy with your baker I would love to see what they could do for my wedding...
Honestly, I can''t say enough good things about her. Her name is Rachel--check out some of her work on her website. She had us come to her house for our cake tasting, and she was so warm and friendly. Even my very discerning brother and now-husband loved her cakes. The tiramisu was outstanding, and all of the flavors got rave reviews from my guests. Also, I actually called her just over a week before the wedding, wanting to change the design, and she was very flexible, said it was no problem, and it came out exactly the way I wanted it to. The coordinators at my venue said she consistently does excellent work and is great to work with.

Hope that helps!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:52:46 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Everything is absolutely beautiful and you look STUNNING! I love the umbrellas! And that necklace is gorgeous! I can''t wait for part 2! :)
Thanks, NEL! The umbrellas were whatever we could grab out of my dad''s car
1.gif

The necklace was one of my favorite wedding items. I''m glad you like it! I had it made by an Etsy seller, and I loved the way it turned out! The clasp thingie is an antique brooch. I''m hoping I have many more occasions for which to wear it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 11:33:15 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Beautiful! You looked gorgeous in your dress. It''s really cool to see your Ukranian elements. I''m almost 50% Ukranian (the other half is Polish), but I''m not at all connected to my heritage, so it''s great to learn about it!
Pryvit, fellow Ukie girl! I love meeting other Ukrainians. When did your family leave Ukraine?

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 4:53:16 PM
Author: kittybean
The necklace was one of my favorite wedding items. I''m glad you like it! I had it made by an Etsy seller, and I loved the way it turned out! The clasp thingie is an antique brooch. I''m hoping I have many more occasions for which to wear it.

I was just about to ask this, because I loved your necklace. I was also going to ask if you hair color is your natural color, because it looks perfect on you! It''s like blonde, brown and red all at the same time in your photos!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 4:48:41 PM

Date: 7/9/2009 3:54:29 PM
Author: ams0124
2.gif
Honestly, I can''t say enough good things about her. Her name is Rachel--check out some of her work on her website. She had us come to her house for our cake tasting, and she was so warm and friendly. Even my very discerning brother and now-husband loved her cakes. The tiramisu was outstanding, and all of the flavors got rave reviews from my guests. Also, I actually called her just over a week before the wedding, wanting to change the design, and she was very flexible, said it was no problem, and it came out exactly the way I wanted it to. The coordinators at my venue said she consistently does excellent work and is great to work with.

Hope that helps!
It is a GORGEOUS cake and does look so tasty. I am bookmarking her site as well. (Could come in handy someday!)
31.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:00:12 PM
Author: news_girl

Date: 7/9/2009 4:53:16 PM
I was just about to ask this, because I loved your necklace. I was also going to ask if you hair color is your natural color, because it looks perfect on you! It''s like blonde, brown and red all at the same time in your photos!
Lindy (Etsy name PenelliBelle) was awesome, talented, and fast. I had my necklace about a week after I first contacted her. Everyone thought it was an heirloom!

My hair is close to my natural color, but I have some highlights and lowlights in it. I was a medium-blonde as a child, then my hair darkened to a medium brown with natural highlights. Now I augment the highlights, and I think the reddish tint you see is the "warmth" that my colorist puts in to match my skin tone.

I saw you mentioned the staying power of the hairdo--I was totally amazed. I have naturally curly hair, but it''s frizzy and unruly if styled naturally. For the wedding, I used a ton of conditioner, blew it out, then my stylist put it in rollers for about two hours while I got my nails and makeup done. She took it out, tousled it a little, then sprayed it within an inch of its life. When the rain started, my heart sank ''cause I thought it was going to get gross and frizzy, but it stayed really well, even through swing dancing!

My makeup did not budge either. I had airbrush makeup done, and it looked exactly the same 14 hours later as when it was put on. My eye shadow was a liiiittle smudgy at midnight, but it was put on at 10 am and subjected to lots of rain. I wasn''t sure about my stylist/MUA right after my trial (the look we tried first just wasn''t me), but once I had a better idea of what I wanted, it turned out fabulously.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 2:08:54 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Wow! Those pics are stunning...YOU are stunning!!! You guys looked like you had a lot of fun, too!!

Please share where you got your rehearsal dinner/reception dress...it is TOO CUTE!!!! Love it!!

I''m intrigued about the Ukrainian customs, too. My BF is Ukrainian and I''d love to incorporate some of the traditions, I think it would mean a lot to him.
To start you out, here is a cute little FAQ compiled by a Ukrainian couple for their non-Ukrainian friends about their wedding. I incorporated some of these things into my wedding, but not all of them. I have tons of info on the whole ceremony if you''re interested!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:35:20 PM
Author: alli_esq
KITTYBEAN!!!!!!!!

Everything was GORGEOUS--most importantly, YOU. You''re crazy if you think you have skin problems; you are just perfect and beautiful (and so cute and tiny!!!)

Both dresses looked absolutely perfect on you, what a figure you have! And the purple of your bridesmaid dress was AWESOME!

I''m so glad you had such a great time--a million congrats to you and your adorable hubby!!!
ALLI! Thank you so much. My skin was doing really well by the wedding, which I was so, so, so thankful for. It''s the PS dust (okay, and maybe the Accutane, too).

The purple looked so pretty on all the girls. They are beautiful, beautiful ladies, and I think that purple was a good color for everyone. It was so stunning to see all of them standing together with the flowers! I was blown away.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 1:37:45 PM
Author: tlh
You are a beautiful bride. I loved EVERYTHING, your dress, the flowers, your groom, the girls, the cake, wow. The attention to every detail was just magical! I LOVED IT!

36.gif
Uh oh
2.gif

Just kidding--I know that if TLH approves, he must be hot
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 1:07:33 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Oh wow. You are one gorgeous lady! Especially on your wedding day. I knew you would look smokin'' in that gown of yours. Glad the whole gown situation worked out. LOVE the hair, love the veil. LOVE everything! Great photos kittybean (and you know I want to see more!
27.gif
) I was thinking about you on that day and wishing the weather would be ok for you but the outside shots look amazing. I know the location you took those photos at outside and I love that spot (always have!) I KNOW I''ve seen your reception spot before online but I can''t for the life of me remember what it''s called. You don''t have to say though, that''s fine.

Congratulations to you sweetie ****HUGE HUG**** You and your husband look amazing together. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!

You will have to make another thread with honeymoon photos and story too!
31.gif
You KNOW I want to hear all about it! I''ve been waiting for your big day and honeymoon!
2.gif
Dreamgirl, you are such a dear. Thanks for all the well-wishes and hugs and kind words!

How fun that you recognize our photoshoot location. I lived nearby for three years, and we had our rehearsal dinner there, so it was a clear choice for photos. The park was so lovely because of all the rain!

I''m glad the gown situation worked out too. When your day comes, please please please do not take your dress to the dry cleaner in Larimer Square. They really screwed up my dress, then they denied everything. It was awful, but thankfully, it turned out just fine.

I promise I will start a honeymoon thread soon, but this weekend I''m off to the wedding of one of my bridesmaids. Hooray! The honeymoon was perfect, though. I wanted to stay in Lake Como forever! It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. You will love it when you go!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE YOUR WEDDING!!!

You looked fantastic, the venue was great, flowers were gorgeous... I adore everything!

You are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results