shape
carat
color
clarity

Kicken Asscher!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/28/2008 4:08:00 PM
Author: late-start

Date: 11/26/2008 11:44:13 PM
Author: Rhino

He hasn't however visibly seen the diamond he is criticizing while I have. I have personally seen and inspected this 1.93ct Asscher cut linked in this thread. The table size is not an issue and I have personally compared this to quite a few other Asssher's with seemingly better specs (smaller table etc.).

The slightly larger table on this diamond is not an issue and it will kick optical rear end compared to many Asscher's out there on the market, even most of those with smaller tables.

Greater depth + smaller table does not = more beautiful Asscher.

I just saw the video of this particular diamond and it is very good looking. I haven't looked at enough asschers in person to know what I prefer in terms of table size and/or steps; but I did liked the way this one performed.

It's still hard trying to make a mental image of what a diamond will look like based on an internet photo. Furthermore quiet amazed at how different they can look (ie areas of darkness)
Hi late,

Internet photography is great yet at the same time can be misleading with regards to actual diamond appearance in common everyday viewing. Diamonds with blase light performance can be perceived as great and vice versa. I've been utilizing various means of photography and technical exams to best communicate what it is we are seeing and as someone who is one of the more "hands on" gemologists when it comes to technologies and diamonds I can tell you all of them have their limitations. IdealScope, ASET, BrillianceScope, DiaCalc etc.

In order to try and assess light performance from a photograph a number of variables have to be known about the camera, the lens and lighting setup. For starters the focal length, or distance of the lens of the camera to the diamond. The exact measurement of the width of the lens and how much obstruction it is causing ... or not causing in the face up appearance of the diamond. Then assimilating how that actually compares to human observation and real obstruction caused by head/body shadow. Does the obsstruction of the lens match what is really being obstructed in real world observation? What is behind the diamond when the photograph is being taken ... does it mask leakage or expose it?

And we're only scratching the surface.

Kind regards,

late-start

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the video comparison Johnathan. The 1.93 looks really nice but a few thousand out of my price range. The 1.75 performed well also and very happy with it, but need to decide if I can deal with it being more of an emerald cut as I had my heart set on a classic asscher (sq cut).

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The 1.70ct F IF and 1.75ct G VS2 are my favorites of that bunch in the video.

The 1.99 the least favorite, the center darkness really shows up in the video as seen in the ASET below. Woof Woof.
To bad the 1.70 wasn't next to the 1.93 it would have shown why it don't make kicken.

I really like the 1.75 a lot for someone looking for an awesome EC, I would buy it in a heartbeat if shopping for an EC.
The 1.70 F IF is the best asscher of the bunch and one I would buy cut wise.

199aset.jpg

late-start

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 4:16:01 PM
Author: strmrdr
The 1.70ct F IF and 1.75ct G VS2 are my favorites of that bunch in the video.

The 1.99 the least favorite, the center darkness really shows up in the video as seen in the ASET below. Woof Woof.

To bad the 1.70 wasn''t next to the 1.93 it would have shown why it don''t make kicken.

I really like the 1.75 a lot for someone looking for an awesome EC, I would buy it in a heartbeat if shopping for an EC.

The 1.70 F IF is the best asscher of the bunch and one I would buy cut wise.

I like the cut of the 1.7 the best as well, but don''t want to pay the premium price for IF. I have reserved the 1.75, but my heart was set on a asscher not EC. Waiting to hear back from James Allen on a few, but would prefer to buy from GoG.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Hi late,

I found a picture of what that 1.75 might look in a setting. this stone looks similar. It is really pretty! but not a true asscher in my opinion. GL! It's so hard finding the perfect one I know!!!

HWringEmeraldHH.jpg

late-start

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 9:12:39 PM
Author: Miss Fortune
Hi late,

I found a picture of what that 1.75 might look in a setting. this stone looks similar. It is really pretty! but not a true asscher in my opinion. GL! It''s so hard finding the perfect one I know!!!

thanks for the post. Going to let it sit for a few days as I decide and check out a few more stones.

late-start

Rough_Rock
So I''m torn between the GoG 1.75 (EC) and the JA 1.82 (Asscher) which I''m awaiting the sarin on. It''s hard to go with the JA after seeing the video of the 1.75 from GoG, but it''s really an EC and I want am Asscher.

How does one every chose in this circumstance.... Any advice?

JA Asscher 1.82

GoG 1.75

Thanks as always
-jason

JA1000001.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That JA isn't on I would get it has pattern issues.
An educated guess would be wide range in the p2 angles.

late-start

Rough_Rock
thanks,

will keep looking; but have a feeling in the end it''ll be the GoG

late-start

Rough_Rock
Sarin and new pic coming for that one as well.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Hey late...

I just decided this morning against getting the 1.72 from James Allen stone #1111057 because I want to go a little above 2 cts. I already have a 1.2 so I don't think the size jump would be enough for me. It's a beautiful stone!! If only it were .40 larger!!

I hope you'll consider it. It's a great price too!! Hop on it quick though!!!

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1111057.asp

late-start

Rough_Rock
Thanks MF; will look into that one as well.

I could go 2.0ct but then it''ll be held onto her finger with dental floss

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:30:25 PM
Hey late...

I just decided this morning against getting the 1.72 from James Allen stone #1111057 because I want to go a little above 2 cts. I already have a 1.2 so I don''t think the size jump would be enough for me. It''s a beautiful stone!! If only it were .40 larger!!

I hope you''ll consider it. It''s a great price too!! Hop on it quick though!!!

That one is sweet!

Miss Fortune which one did you decide on?

late-start

Rough_Rock
Looks like it is still unavailable, hopefully because of you not someone else. If its the former I''m having Ashley reserve it for me.

-j

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:41:23 PM

Hey late...

I just decided this morning against getting the 1.72 from James Allen stone #1111057 because I want to go a little above 2 cts. I already have a 1.2 so I don''t think the size jump would be enough for me. It''s a beautiful stone!! If only it were .40 larger!!

That one is sweet!

Yeah, I hope late start can get it. I''m pretty sure it''ll be a real sparkler! As for me - I''m not sure yet... Jim is gonna do a search for me. He''s gonna have his diamond guru look at 1186876 for me and let me know. I''m in no hurry so I''ve decided I can wait a few months to find the PERFECT one for me. Again, thanks for your help and if you run across a sweet one in the $18K range - let me know!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
no!! call them right now! it says unavailable because I was supposed to wire the money today as soon as they got me the Ideal Scope. I just emailed Ashley to tell her that you might be calling about it.

here''s her direct # 240.379.8367

Good luck!

late-start

Rough_Rock
I''ve been working with ashley as well, so sent her and Josh an email and left them both voice messages.

"fingers-crossed"

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:03:03 PM
I''ve been working with ashley as well, so sent her and Josh an email and left them both voice messages.

''fingers-crossed''

oh good! hope you get it!

greysca1e

Rough_Rock
Hi Late-start, Mark @ ERD has a 1.7 asscher with great pics and specs available. I was considering that diamond but went with another one. He still has it available at his office you can contact him directly if you''re interested. (it''s similar to the JA one mentioned in this thread).

late-start

Rough_Rock
will look at that as well.

which did you get? any pictures?

greysca1e

Rough_Rock
no pics yet will post some later. good luck with your search!

late-start

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:41:23 PM

Hey late...

That one is sweet!

Have it on hold, now. Thanks Holly ;-)

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good! Now if you get it, I'll have to see a ton of pictures! I'm sure it's a beauty.
30.gif
Seriously, your girlfriend is gonna be one lucky gal! Can't wait to see what you'll do with the setting!!!

late-start

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:04:35 PM
Can''t wait to see what you''ll do with the setting!!!

that''s a whole other question....

thinking platinum, dbl prong, with 2 small baguettes. Got an estimate from leom mege; but might continue to look elsewhere.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:21:28 PM
Date: 12/2/2008 9:04:35 PM

Can''t wait to see what you''ll do with the setting!!!

that''s a whole other question....

thinking platinum, dbl prong, with 2 small baguettes. Got an estimate from leom mege; but might continue to look elsewhere.

When I find my Asscher I''m having Leon set it for sure! I''m 98% sure I''ll go with a classic solitaire setting even though he said he prefers to do a halo or side stones with asschers. I just love the clean, classic look of a solitaire. My ring is a 3 stone now - asscher with 2 side traps and I don''t love it like I should. you''ll have to post pictures of settings you''re thinking about! FUN!!

late-start

Rough_Rock
I like solitaire as well, and think that small baguettes will add a little "bling" w/o taking away from the center stone. I''m not a bezel/halo fan and think that pave can be a bit much at times.

something like this

LM20000000000100.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:10:41 PM
I like solitaire as well, and think that small baguettes will add a little ''bling'' w/o taking away from the center stone. I''m not a bezel/halo fan and think that pave can be a bit much at times.

something like this
yummy setting

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:10:41 PM
I like solitaire as well, and think that small baguettes will add a little ''bling'' w/o taking away from the center stone. I''m not a bezel/halo fan and think that pave can be a bit much at times.

something like this

yeah... that''s really nice. I like how the side stones are bezeled.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results