shape
carat
color
clarity

Karl_K joins forces with Diamonds by Lauren

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is excellent news, I'm looking forward to future developments! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations David and Karl!!!

I’m thrilled for you guys!! You definitely have a history of not always seeing eye to eye on PS... but goodness, we all know some of the most rewarding friendships are with people we don’t nod in sync to on everything, and we all know that some of the most successful projects are fueled by passionate people attacking the problem from a variety of perspectives ::)

You’ve both got passion and principles in spades, I can’t wait to see what comes out of this collaboration!! It will be spectacular :sun:

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Good luck gentlemen!

Jeff

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Karl, David and the rest of the DBL crew! :appl:

Very happy for all of you and the DBL clients who will benefit from your kind, wise guidance, Karl!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How exciting!!! Much success to you all!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you both much success in your business endeavor together. :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oil and water mixing together? What’s next?.. congrats! Your colored stone Octavia sounds amazing!!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats David and Karl...
It's nice to see how sometimes opposites attract meet each other half ways, this usually happens when both sides learn to respect each others views on life, business and a lot more.
Diamonds are precious for many reasons and for many people, their main objective is to bring joy, happiness and security.
As I consider myself living proof that both sides of the Cut World can work in harmony, I can fully identify the potential of you both working together to bring beautiful Diamonds and jewels to many happy clients.

I wish you both a lot of luck..., and one small albeit important tip for the road...

PATIENCE...., and listen and talk with each other, we all have things to learn from each other.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl,
I too am glad to see you getting a chance to work with DBL.

It should be an interesting collaboration and I for one am looking forward to the occasional fireworks show... ;)2

Wink

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!

From my short time here you have both been a fantastic resource and wonderful to punt ideas around to and between. DBL customer's don't know how lucky they are to have both of you on their team!

What's that closing scene from Casablanca? ".....I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats David and Karl! Can't wait to see more fancy colored Octavias!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl,
I too am glad to see you getting a chance to work with DBL.

It should be an interesting collaboration and I for one am looking forward to the occasional fireworks show... ;)2

Wink

Thank you my friend!
Just wait for the fourth of July:dance:

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to both of you! Karl, you helped me select my first diamond years ago, an "asscher". Thank you for your patient help.
I wish you the best with this new venture.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!!!! We do expect to see some amazing new rocks you are cutting from time to time :)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rofl!!!
We can still put on the gloves for your entertainment.
Honestly we both dug in and became entrenched in our positions when our true feelings about diamonds were not as far apart as it seemed.
We both love diamonds and we both love helping people select and buy them.
Will we ever see eye to eye on everything to do with diamonds?
Nope.
Can we work together for the good of our friends and customers?
Yes, I strongly believe we can.
No worries. I'm still here to cage fight with David. But no fair tag teaming me now. Otherwise I will have to see if I can recruit John Pollard to even the odds. :-o

Serious though, all the best both of you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No worries. I'm still here to cage fight with David. But no fair tag teaming me now. Otherwise I will have to see if I can recruit John Pollard to even the odds. :-o

Rofl, that would be epic and historical!
Threads with John and I both posting end up being highly technical and highly educational not to mention a lot of fun!
But I would much rather it not be confrontational.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But I would much rather it not be confrontational.

That's it Karl, I'm SICK AND TIRED of all this peace and love stuff....rofl

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see more colored Octavia's. I would love to see some colored gems cut in Octavia. Can't wait to see more options.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Your words mean a lot to me Bryan- and I know Karl feels the same way:)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see more colored Octavia's. I would love to see some colored gems cut in Octavia. Can't wait to see more options.

How cool would that be!!
But I do have to add that Karl's responsibilities go waaaaay beyond "Octavia Duty"
We're both learning from each other.
So I'll be working more with ASET and Karl will gain a better understanding of "Wonky"... as well as customer service:)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How cool would that be!!
But I do have to add that Karl's responsibilities go waaaaay beyond "Octavia Duty"
We're both learning from each other.
So I'll be working more with ASET and Karl will gain a better understanding of "Wonky"... as well as customer service:)
As I have mentioned before in threads about fancy cuts, being able to translate ASET signatures into an understanding of real world visual quality is a real area of opportunity, both from an educational perspective and from a business perspective for someone selling a lot of fancies.

I can easily see how the skills that you and Karl each bring to the issue can be highly complementary to that end.

I look forward to seeing that develop. Giving consumers reliable tools for assessing cut quality on fancies will be very beneficial for the industry as a whole.

No pressure though. ;-)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As I have mentioned before in threads about fancy cuts, being able to translate ASET signatures into an understanding of
real world visual quality is a real area of opportunity, both from an educational perspective and from a business perspective for someone selling a lot of fancies.
Thank you my Bryan- Karl and I are very excited- and both agree that your contributions to the discussion are invaluable.
Here's one thing Karl and I have been discussing over the past day....What is a "Bad ASET"?
I've seen a lot of threads where the term has been used. IMO, incorrectly.
A "bad" ASET is one that does not provide accurate information, as opposed to one that indicates a flavor of LP someone is or isn't fond of.
It might seem a subtle point, but I think part of what caused discussions to heat up in the past are issues we've both seen from our own unique lens.
And I'll take the blame for heating it up....

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well..., a bad Aset can simply mean a great fancy colored of even color spread appearance..., I'll get you guys going on something. ;-)
Nope, that one wont do it.
Colored diamonds are a different ball game than diamonds with less color. :read::D

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nope, that one wont do it.
Colored diamonds are a different ball game than diamonds with less color. :read::D
Will work more than you think if we are talking about modified cuts to enhance face-up colors...

Red in Aset bad for fancy color retention.
Blue, same as above...
Green & white, good for what is called crushed ice.

In short --- bad Aset (e.g. Mix even spread of greens and whites - grays) will enhance the face up of a fancy colored..., make sure you get plenty of girdle reflections, that will do the trick as well.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this collaboration holds great potential for a dynamic synergy -- MAZEL TOV!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the results of this great collaboration! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results