shape
carat
color
clarity

Just looked at my first diamonds (Engagement Ring)

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
I am waiting on James Allen to send me the aset for the 1.16 diamond

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you lucked out that JA is also have their sale on settings right now!

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
I just saw that as well... that's funny. I also received a $100.00 off code for my first purchase

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RE: Flour. At best, you will see when in direct sunlight or at a nightclub. Even very strong can be hard to see. Are you sure its the flour you are reacting to? The light return of high color diamonds is much colder and "blue" than lower colored diamonds. Certainly flour is more visible in high color stones, but again, only when exposed to very strong UV. When did you see flour to make this decision? I just want you to be sure it is the flour and not the lighting or diamond body color that you are seeing.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be a dissenting voice here - but I'm not fond of that 1.16ct stone at ALL. Looks very dead past about the middle third. Color and clarity are great - sure - but all that mush.... No, no, no, no, no.

At least take a look at the Opulence ovals on the August Vintage Inc site. As I understand it, they are the first ovals in the world to be cut to ideal cut standards. Their light return is fantastic - no bow tie, no mushy faceting. Also - no concentration of color at the the ends of the stone, ergo you can go somewhat lower in color without it looking brown in the ends.

What is your budget? And if not an oval, how about a cushion? You can get an ideal light return cushion.

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
That is from the 1.16 carat oval

4668030ASET.jpg

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think looking at August Vintage at an opulence oval would be a GREAT idea! August Vintage cuts stones, they cut new stones like antiques but with ideal proportions, and now he has branched out to ovals and from what I can tell they are AMAZING. Just google him, his website is under August Vintage I think, and if you email him you will be able to answer any questions. I think that’s a sure fire way to know your oval is amazing!

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
Unfortuneatly time is of the essence and i need to make a decision in the next few days. I'm likely going with James Allen. Thank you :D

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Paint......from one guy to another......take a deep breath and step back a little, and put a little think time between an action and reaction. You don't want to be impulsive on a very important purchase and event like this. This may mean popping the question a week or two later.
Did you look at the Opulence diamonds suggested in earlier posts? They are supposed to be the best and you can get the setting you want.
You posted the ASET above, let the PS community react and give you their opinion.
I personally think you can do better. The rest is up to you. Good luck.

Edit: Go back and read mrs-b post above. Hit the nail on the head for you

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ok i looked closely at the August Vintage Ovals... wow. Ya theres certainly no bow tie

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you see the DBL posted earlier? It's beautiful. I didn't like the 1.16, maybe keep looking? Don't settle

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will help you.

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you're taking some time to consider all your options. Good advice from WillyDiamonds about not rushing into a decision like this. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you're taking some time to consider all your options. Good advice from WillyDiamonds about not rushing into a decision like this. Good luck!
Most definitely.

This is a major purchase and now you have knowledge, you'll kick yourself if you don't get it right so good decision to keep looking.

I would also say if you want an oval cut with beauty and optics in mind, Jon's AVI ovals are most definitely the way to go.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ASET on the 1.16 is worse that I hoped for. Bummer. It can be quite a frustrating journey looking for just the right fancy shaped diamonds. Given that you thought she might like a cushion and princess, how about a round diamond (easier to find) in a cushion shaped halo?

A setting like this (~$1300):
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...shion-outline-pave-engagement-ring-item-49493
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...tline-falling-edge-engagement-ring-item-53073 (falling edge is very pretty)

Diamond options (capped at $6000):
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4669500 {in a VS1, I'd not worry about any of the clarity notes. Good angles}

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4552920 {higher color and some needles on the girdle, but angles are great}

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3947599.htm {drops color to J, but gets a bigger stone}

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3970280.htm {super-ideal I color}

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
Im ok going up to $7500 on the diamond.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to throw my two cents in that the Diamond by Lauren is very pretty and I quite like the proportions of that stone.

I do also like the proportions for this August Vintage Opulence as well: https://augustvintageinc.com/collections/opulence/products/1-004ct-g-si2-august-vintage-oval-1328681

ETA: after looking at the Opluence diamonds, it doesn't look like you can go wrong with any of the stones they have available. Honestly, it comes down to price and whether or not its the right proportions for your/her eyes. Personally I find that with fancy shapes, the eye likes what the eye likes. Unlike with a round, where there should be no variations (outside of size) one fancy oval can look very different from another. I might like a toothpick thin oval, whereas you like a super squat oval.

Dutch5

Rough_Rock

paint94979

Rough_Rock
Premium
What about that black imperfection right in the center?

Dutch5

Rough_Rock

JA* stone not IS, sorry about the autocorrect

Dutch5

Rough_Rock
You should'nt be able to see it with the naked eye.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results