shape
carat
color
clarity

just got WF pics of diamond! what do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Pretty flecks of color
1.gif

colorflecks.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
My Kay!

kdi1.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Everyone always said their hand looked funny in pictures, and I didn''t know what they were talking about. Now I know what they were talking about
3.gif

myhandwithk.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I think this is the last one for tonight! Thanks for staying up with me Jelly!
2.gif

orangearrow1.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:23:52 AM
Author: Jelly
Congrats on the beautiful ring and engagement! I''m off to bed now. It was definitely worth the wait. When I wake up tomorrow I expect more pics! hehe
17.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you, again Jelly
9.gif
This makes the engagement feel so much closer! He says it will be June or July. I know at the soonest it will be after we walk for graduation, which is around June 17th. So, someday after that this little K will be sitting on my finger
5.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
K, last one. Here''s a little collage
1.gif
Isn''t she purdy?

kcollage.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is beautiful! I think colors like K could be optimized by setting them so that the pavilion doesn''t show since they face up very white. I''m going to keep this idea in mind for an antique style setting as a future project!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohhhhh....pretty!
what fun pics!
36.gif

did you already mention what setting(s) you are thinking of?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
You have to wait all the way till june or july?!

No fair! Do you at least get to have posession of the diamond until then?

Get your BF on the move. A lady can''t be kept waiting!!!!!!!

Love the new shots!
3.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 11:24:36 AM
Author: Jelly
You have to wait all the way till june or july?!

No fair! Do you at least get to have posession of the diamond until then?

Get your BF on the move. A lady can't be kept waiting!!!!!!!

Love the new shots!
3.gif

Yep, I have to wait
7.gif
What can I say, I'm a LIW
2.gif
hehe, But it could take that long to get it set anyways. Thank you Belle! As for the setting, I'm kind of embarrassed to say the setting that I'm planning on putting it in, silly I know. I'm hoping to set it in Lockes's solitaire setting, like Matatora's. They said they will do it, but they still have to see my stone to approve it. And they said it could take 3 weeks, I guess depending on their work load. I'm also thinking of putting a knife edge on the shank of the ring. The guy I'm talking to there isn't the metal worker, but he said he thought it could be done since the whole ring is custom made for you and your stone. So he didn't think it would be a problem.

Jelly you have a very open setting that shows off your whole stone and you love it. So I don't think I will have a problem setting this stone in an open setting as well. It's going to be a six-prong too, so even less of it will show. I've never seen a loose stone and then the same stone set before, so I don't know personally how much the setting can down play the color of the stone. But from the boards here, and people at WF, they say it won't be a problem. I'm totally excited!
36.gif

I have thought of doing a closed in bezel setting. An aunt of mine has an antique style like this that is gorgeous!!! Oh and her diamond throws off so many colors it's amazing
30.gif
Anyways, I haven't been able to find a setting like this that I'm in love with. But it is a great idea!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 8:42:56 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Your new diamond is beautiful! I think colors like K could be optimized by setting them so that the pavilion doesn''t show since they face up very white. I''m going to keep this idea in mind for an antique style setting as a future project!

That is a very good idea, Diamondseeker! I think a bezeled K would be gorgeous!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, did you send them the reports on your stone, and the pictures you have of it? That may make the approvement process faster. I hope you love my setting as much as I do, it is very nice.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 12:58:05 PM
Author: Matatora
Sunkist, did you send them the reports on your stone, and the pictures you have of it? That may make the approvement process faster. I hope you love my setting as much as I do, it is very nice.

Nope I haven''t yet. I''m waiting till we make a final decision to keep the stone. I''m 90% sure we''re keeping it, but just in case I don''t want to make more work for them and then not go with it!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mata out of curiosity, what are your thoughts about how it would look with a knife edge? I am a little concerned about how the top of the band would connect with the head too.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Thats so funny. When I got my ring, I made my husband open first too,lol

Jensia

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:09:17 PM
Author: sunkist
Mata out of curiosity, what are your thoughts about how it would look with a knife edge? I am a little concerned about how the top of the band would connect with the head too.
I think that if they say it will look good, it will. They really seem to know their stuff, and I would absolutely trust their judgment to make it perfect. I love the setting the way it is, and to be honest if I was going to get a knife edge I would probably go with the Quest Tiffany Knife Edge.

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Wow! That stone is beautiful... and looks huge on your hand!
Congratulations... and happy waiting for June/July!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow what terrific pictures! That diamond is stunning!!! I can''t believe that is a K. It looks incredible. It''s going to seem like a long wait to get that baby on your hand, but it will be well worth it!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 2:35:25 PM
Author: Shawna13
Wow! That stone is beautiful... and looks huge on your hand!

Congratulations... and happy waiting for June/July!

Thanks Shawna! And as for size, yes i think it''s going to be the perfect size!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunkist
congrats!!! a beautiful stone.
30.gif
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thank you DancingFire and Sundial! It is a beautiful stone
9.gif
I''m really wanting to see her again! I thought I could let her stay at my BF''s house until it''s set, but I think I''ll have to take a peak again tonight
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist have you made your decision yet?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist,

I just love looking at the pictures of your diamond. I love the rainbow of colors!!!!!!!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
My word!!! K sure is showing her ''true colors''
2.gif
Love the rainbow coming off that baby!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 11:58:07 AM
Author: Matatora
Sunkist have you made your decision yet?

Yep! I''ve made my decision
1.gif
I can''t give this diamond up, I''m keeping her! We had quite a photo shoot today
3.gif
I''ll post what i can now and do the rest later. Get ready!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! I am so happy for you Sunkist! I cannot wait to see your pictures!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2389.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2391.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2396.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results