shape
carat
color
clarity

just got WF pics of diamond! what do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 1:49:24 PM
Author: sunkist

I have a question about the idealscope. Why isn't it as blood red as other idealscope photos I see? Does this mean it's leaking light?

No... the light source used was stronger. It is hard to standardize the colors between these IS pictures - the sellers who do use the system, makes it look so easy
5.gif
, but...

Or is this a good color and good symmetry and I'm off track?

The stone looks great to me. Will you get to see it before it is set? Color doesn't show all that well in pictures, although this one does catch a little bit of something (which is about as much as I would say about K color ~ 1 carat anyway).

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Sundial I will definitely examine the color and let you know how it affects me!
Jelly, yes! another K! I hope it's beautiful like yours
1.gif

Kristy and Firegoddess Thanks!
Ana I will see it before I have it set. I want to make sure this is *the one*. So far it looks like it is, but we'll have to meet in person
2.gif

I'm hoping to see it next week after I get back into town
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It''s coming!!!! We ordered the diamond and it will be here tomorrow morning
9.gif
36.gif
I''m so excited , but I''m scared! I think I''ll make my BF look at it first. I guess I''m just nervous. I want this to be the one, I hope it is
36.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
If it is a sunny day - take it outside to open the box. You will be blinded.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh!!!!!! I''m looking forward to seeing the pics in person and hearing what you think!

I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you. I really hope WF starts carrying more K''s in house!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Jelly! My BF is really going to think I'm crazy taking pictures of this diamond. I think I'll just ask to borrow the camera when he goes off to work
2.gif

Ya, WF still isn't carrying many Ks in-house. GOG is though, and they look beautiful on the website.

eta: actually this one i'm getting isn't even from WF's stock. I had it called in to them so they could check it out. They said they check every stone that comes into their store to make sure it's a good one and not a dud. So that made me feel good about ordering through them.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I got it! I got it!!!
9.gif
The diamond is beautiful
1.gif
I have to wait for BF to come home to take any pictures, cause the camera is at his house. But I''ll try and get some up here soon.

This is so much fun!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
We have to wait for the pictures!!!!??!?!

Tell us more! Can you see the warmth?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I do have to admit that my first impression of it was not a good one.
8.gif
My BF and I opened the package up in the car as soon as we picked it up and gave it a look. My first thought was that it looked yellow
15.gif
But as we sat in the car I held it face up on my hand and was blown away by it''s sparkliness! I don''t know what it was about the lighting in the car there, but from the sides I wasn''t too impressed.

But! as soon as we got home we took it out again and I couldn''t see any yellow! It looks white, white, white!
30.gif
I''m kinda sad that our first impression wasn''t a good one, but I''m falling in love with it now. You don''t think it''s a bad omen from the PS fairy that I had a bad first impression of the diamond do you??
32.gif
I seriously think it''s beautiful now!
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 12:55:53 AM
Author: Jelly
We have to wait for the pictures!!!!??!?!

Tell us more! Can you see the warmth?

Jelly, I''m driving over to my BF''s right now. I''ll post some in a few minutes!!
36.gif
I can''t wait!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
When I first saw my K loose, it looked kinda yellow to me too. It was a cloudy day and I wasn''t sure about it. When I brought it home and looked at it in different lighting, I was blown away by how white it looked! I''ve been madly in love with my K ever since!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay! That''s good new Jelly! OK, my BF is taking pics of it now. He''s hogging the camera
3.gif
Sorry it took so long!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ok, lets see if this works
1.gif

DSCN2345.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG it''s beautiful and looks so white!!

(i stayed up for these pics!)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here she is!

kphoto1.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
What setting do you plan to put it in?

Is it a definite keeper? It looks lovely and sparkly! I hope you keep it, because if you don't, i may have to snatch that one up!

Wow! Beautiful arrows!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Jelly, I''ll post some more for you then!

kphoto2.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is an upside down shot of the pavillion. I''m still new at this diamond photographing...!

pavillionview.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It will be in a 6 prong, so I hope that cuts down on seeing any tint.

rainbowk.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the side view! You can see some tint in these photos. At my apartment you couldn''t see any!

sideview1k.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YAY! for more pictures!

I admit that I wondered if my very white K was a fluke. Now that I know there are more beautiful K''s out there, I''m forever a K girl!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here''s white from the flash!! I think it''s a keeper
1.gif
I think C may still need to be convinced, but I hope I don''t have to persuade him that much. I know he just had a tone of fun photographing it. So I think he likes it too!

whitek.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Well, If he''s buying it...then he should be thrilled that you are getting such a great deal.

It''s a beautiful stone...how could he disagree?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I am so thrilled at how the ideal cut totally masks any color! It''s beautiful
30.gif
And I do enjoy the warmth in the stone. Jelly have you compared yours to other whiter colors? I have a diamond earing I found the other day on the sidewalk
3.gif
, it has an awful inclusion in it, not ideal cut, humungus table, basically it''s ugly. But in comparison to this stone I can tell it''s a higher color grade. But I''m liking my K color better
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:10:29 AM
Well, If he''s buying it...then he should be thrilled that you are getting such a great deal.

It''s a beautiful stone...how could he disagree?

Yep, he''s buying it for me
30.gif
It will be my engagement ring. And, yes, he is getting a good deal too
31.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a brother/sister shot. The smaller stone in the setting is my old .558 ACA I colored diamond next to my upgrade of .948 Expert Selection K stone.

2Jellys2stones.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
The I is on the left and the K is on the right.

IandKJelly.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the beautiful ring and engagement! I''m off to bed now. It was definitely worth the wait. When I wake up tomorrow I expect more pics! hehe
17.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:22:33 AM
The I is on the left and the K is on the right.

Oh yes, good shots together! I think our K''s must be very similar. I wish we could have a K diamond get together!

Here''s some more pics. This bright arrow kept popping out in photos!

brightarrwk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results