shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for Fun - Where do you go all out with your jewelry?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't ever go all out really. I have a few pieces of nice jewelry and a few more that are semi nice or costume. I rarely wear much of it at once though. When I do (or did) get more faniced up, it was typically for a nice dinner out or the orchestra. But just for the fun of it, the dress code is casual pretty much anywhere you go in this town.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I am so sorry that anyone in their family is making you feel devalued, especially if it’s done backhandedly. I can really sympathize. Please try to remember to trust and respect yourself, and that their bad behavior is probably coming from their own insecurity. I know that doesn’t really help when you’re in the difficult situations though. Sending strength to you in anticipation of the impending visit from Gary’s sister

Thank you @MiniMinerva that is much appreated

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes
yes
yes
Sigh

I am 19 years younger than Gary so im not on a level plating feild with his sister who acts like the matriarch since their mum died years ago
if its just us she's real nice to me but if someone better comes along i become the proverbial hot potato
She is always giving me a hard time about being lets just say not highly polished in the apprentice dept and i become the butt of her jokes
like she is high maintenance im no maintenance

but if i ever look better than her she never says a thing

She is due for a visit so im starting to get worked up over her impending visit

There is something wrong with a person who ridicules another person and tries to pretend it's a joke. Hope your visit goes smoothly and that you can soon forget about her until the next visit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is something wrong with a person who ridicules another person and tries to pretend it's a joke. Hope your visit goes smoothly and that you can soon forget about her until the next visit.

Thank you Lisa =)2

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Just because I was curious, I went back looking at pictures. Most of the dressy pictures are not great for seeing jewelry since I am posing with other people. The best pics were from tailgating since I was holding red Solo cups which highlight rings nicely! Lol
I have purchased a few nice things in the past 2 years that are patiently waiting to go out and have fun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you are gorgeous! Your minimal bling lets you shine!

Thank you @MiniMinerva!

Haha OK I just realized I wear my jewelry hiking too. Despite losing a gorgeous bracelet back in the 1990s when I was hiking in Alaska.
Am I crazy to wear my OEC ring and studs hiking? Wait, don't answer that. :oops:

Since I generally only wear two different pieces of jewelry at a time I guess you could say I go all out with my bling when hiking as well.

I mean how can I resist wearing my diamonds when hiking when they look so darn good in the woods? I know I am biased but I think they really sparkle and show all their chunkalicious goodness when we are hiking in nature. It is one of my favorite places to wear them. :sun:

bubbalahhikingtrail.jpeg.png

Mary Ann and Ginger have presence even from a distance. And while I cannot see them while I am hiking I know they are there and then I always have photo evidence thanks to my DH. :)

oecstudshikingtrail.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 7.24.03 AM.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
But she is married and im not

Please, please, please don't ever think that being married means someone has more worth or is a higher social status than you.

I know you want to be married (from your posts) but please know you have immeasurable value and worth and that in no way changes whether you are married or not.

I was single for a long time between my first, early, short, bad marriage and my second good one. I sometimes doubted myself (why didn't boyfriend X propose to me? Why were my friends married and I wasn't? What's wrong with me?) So I know how those feelings can creep in.

I can assure you that you are an amazing, kind, beautiful person, who deserves the best in life. Marital status is chance and has no bearing on how awesome you are.

((Hugs))

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please, please, please don't ever think that being married means someone has more worth or is a higher social status than you.

I know you want to be married (from your posts) but please know you have immeasurable value and worth and that in no way changes whether you are married or not.

I was single for a long time between my first, early, short, bad marriage and my second good one. I sometimes doubted myself (why didn't boyfriend X propose to me? Why were my friends married and I wasn't? What's wrong with me?) So I know how those feelings can creep in.

I can assure you that you are an amazing, kind, beautiful person, who deserves the best in life. Marital status is chance and has no bearing on how awesome you are.

((Hugs))

this x 100!!!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

((Hugs))

+1 this touched my heart @RunningwithScissors thank you for sharing

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

((Hugs))
Thank you @RunningwithScissors @MiniMinerva and @bludiva

i kind of think now, after 20 years i don't want to get married because it would devalue what we have now
Gary was baddly hurt my his ex wife but in truth they were just too young
The ex is the sister's bestie
And the sister is married to her brother
I have the same birthday as the BIL so i have spent my birthday with Gary's ex wife and ec MIL
I have absolutly no problem with the ex when we see each other occasionally, her and her family have always been very pleasent to me including her mum who they used to sit me beside at Christmas- (too bad no one told us two weeks ago she had died because that really hurt us both )

Anyway i just think its the sister who thinks im not good enough
She is very hard on sister in laws and i seem to be the lowest hanging fruit

She also loves to get in with all the family news first - including Gary's daughter's cancer battle that we should be hearing from her or her husband or her brother or mother

Its made Gary leave facebook because we both hate the gossip element of it

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds The idea that Gary's sister would attempt to diminish your partnership in spite of the 20 year commitment you have made to him makes me angry on your behalf. I hope she sees the light before you have to put her in her place. My partner and I have chosen to not be "married", but if anyone had the audacity to question our commitment to each other, or diminish the status of our relationship, I would not hesitate to give them a good swift kick to the hind end.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds The idea that Gary's sister would attempt to diminish your partnership in spite of the 20 year commitment you have made to him makes me angry on your behalf. I hope she sees the light before you have to put her in her place. My partner and I have chosen to not be "married", but if anyone had the audacity to question our commitment to each other, or diminish the status of our relationship, I would not hesitate to give them a good swift kick to the hind end.

Thank you Lala
You know my mother was very conservative and had traditional views but to her credit she always treated Gary exactly the same as my sister's husband

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soon I shall have my van (being delivered tomorrow, woo hoo!), and she will be my new office.

Being much tidier than my house, I shall switch on the video function when I have Zoom meetings in future.

Perhaps I shall wear some of my more substantial pieces during Zoom calls.

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I can't stand one-upmanship regardless whether it is coming from people I know or within in the family. They are not my kind of people.

Be proud to be who you are and what you have achieved; if other people don't like it, it is their problem, not yours!

I live by that all the time, and don't GAF of what others may think.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I can't stand one-upmanship regardless whether it is coming from people I know or within in the family. They are not my kind of people.

Be proud to be who you are and what you have achieved; if other people don't like it, it is their problem, not yours!

I live by that all the time, and don't GAF of what others may think.

DK :))

Year you're right DK
It is one upmanship :(2

I do feel a tad quilty for thread jacking......

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @MiniMinerva!

Haha OK I just realized I wear my jewelry hiking too. Despite losing a gorgeous bracelet back in the 1990s when I was hiking in Alaska.
Am I crazy to wear my OEC ring and studs hiking? Wait, don't answer that. :oops:

Since I generally only wear two different pieces of jewelry at a time I guess you could say I go all out with my bling when hiking as well.

I mean how can I resist wearing my diamonds when hiking when they look so darn good in the woods? I know I am biased but I think they really sparkle and show all their chunkalicious goodness when we are hiking in nature. It is one of my favorite places to wear them. :sun:

bubbalahhikingtrail.jpeg.png

Mary Ann and Ginger have presence even from a distance. And while I cannot see them while I am hiking I know they are there and then I always have photo evidence thanks to my DH. :)

oecstudshikingtrail.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 7.24.03 AM.png

Mary Ann and Ginger - awesome names for the earrings.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
For the 'mostest' best bling Family events where Gary's sister is attending

Inherited bling if Gary has a hospital apointment

But of late pretty much when ever i go anywhere, grocer store, the chemist, opening the door to the grocery truck I'm piling it on
life is too short to leave it in a drawer

YES - Wear the stuff!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary Ann and Ginger - awesome names for the earrings.

Haha thank you. Truth be told Grace had already taken all the names I loved for a pair like Sonny and Cher and Thelma and Louise so it really was by elimination more than anything else. I do love the names though so it worked out. LOL only PSers name their jewelry. I think most people would think us mad. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the 'mostest' best bling Family events where Gary's sister is attending

Inherited bling if Gary has a hospital apointment

But of late pretty much when ever i go anywhere, grocer store, the chemist, opening the door to the grocery truck I'm piling it on
life is too short to leave it in a drawer

Darn right. Wear it and enjoy it.

lifeisshortweardiamonds.jpg

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Wearing a lot of jewelry at work isn't appropriate for where I work.

Most of the time when I'm not at work, I'm home alone or going to Tractor Supply for the animals. Lol.

But, on the rare occasion I meet a friend for dinner, I'll wear more jewelry.

I'll go all out for events like my cousin's daughter's upcoming engagement party next month. Diamond watch, 2 of my blingiest diamond rings, my new diamond onyx and platinum earrings.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Wearing a lot of jewelry at work isn't appropriate for where I work.

Most of the time when I'm not at work, I'm home alone or going to Tractor Supply for the animals. Lol.

But, on the rare occasion I meet a friend for dinner, I'll wear more jewelry.

I'll go all out for events like my cousin's daughter's upcoming engagement party next month. Diamond watch, 2 of my blingiest diamond rings, my new diamond onyx and platinum earrings.

Have you posted a pic of those earrings? I’d love to see.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Have you posted a pic of those earrings? I’d love to see.

They are here! I'll be wearing them to my cousin's daughter's engagement party next month...but not with a sweatshirt I have on here just to try them on! Haha

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
I rarely wear more than earrings and my ER/WB. Even when we go to black tie affairs I am only wearing earrings and rings. I prefer minimal jewelry but for each piece to pack a punch.

Since pics were requested here is the last black tie affair we attended pre Covid in 2019.

missyandgregatthemuseumofnaturalhistory2019.png

You can see I have on minimal jewelry (only dangles are visible in these pics but I am wearing Bubbalah and a WB too) but IMO it works.

missyandgregblacktiegala2019.png

I always say do what works for you. Forget what others do...you do you. There is nothing wrong with blinging it up. I just prefer wearing only a few pieces at a time but I know some women who pack on the bling and look amazing doing so. That's just not me but I appreciate and admire women who can wear many pieces at a time and rock them confidently.

When you wear what makes you feel good it shows.
When you feel good you look good.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.25.38 AM.png
@missy ,
Such great pictures! You and hubby make a very nice couple!

Enjoy your bling! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results